Author Topic: TWOP Recapper Appreciation Thread  (Read 18496 times)

Offline Erin

• Stars Hollow High Student
  • Community Points: 37
  • The poster formerly known as lovingg
    • View Profile
    • My Musings on Life and Weight Loss
TWOP Recapper Appreciation Thread
« on: November 21, 2005, 09:28:17 pm »
First there was Pamie, then (briefly) Sarah, and now Al Lowe.  This thread is for those who love reading the recaps at www.televisionwithoutpity.com almost as much as watching the show.  Post your favorite quotes from the recaps here!

To get us started, here's a little tidbit from the most recent recap (of episode 6.9):

Rory comes home! Though she leaves frantic, sad grandparents in her wake, she gets off her ass and handles her business: getting a job, heading back to Yale, and reuniting with her mom just in time for the holidays. Clever girl. Speaking of clever girls, Luke finds out he may have a daughter. Sharks everywhere cower from the jumping.

Hehe, the last line is my favorite.  I completely agree about the shark jumping. 

Offline Erin

• View Profile
Re: TWOP Recapper Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 08:46:16 pm »
Okay, so I guess no one else loves the recaps from TWOP, but here's a gem from the latest one (in this quote she's talking about the scene where Christopher reveals his newfound wealth):

He is practically begging her to let him give her something -- anything, including a castle in Ireland -- but she says she is fine. "You're too unmaterialistic," he says to the woman who wears $500 dresses in every episode. She tells him that if it will make him feel better, she'll talk to Rory and see if there's anything she'd like her father to do for her. Christopher reminds her not to leave out the stuff about a castle: "Doesn't have to be in Ireland. It can be in Germany, Czech Republic, Scotland...Narnia." Lorelai says she'll be sure to mention it. I wish Christopher would buy himself a castle in Narnia, because that's about the level of reality he seems to have been living on for the last twenty-one years. What a weird plot device, anyway. Luke has a Secret Kid and Rory's loserish dad has Sudden Millions? What's next? Sookie and Michel find out they were separated at birth and are actually the fraternal twin children of Anastasia Romanov? I don't like it.

I love Al Lowe.  I think she's right on the money (haha) about Christopher.  And all of the strange plots that have been popping up. 

Krisleigh

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 05:35:20 am »
I can't believe I didn't see this thread before! Okay, so, I love TWoP. I miss Pamie, but Al Lowe is probably the best replacement for her.

And did you hear about Hot Properties being cancelled? Poor Pamie.

Back to the Happy, because I feel bad for not watching HP.

For some reason, "Rory is flabbergasted and accuses Lorelai of being evil. Rory ought to learn to take a page out of her mom's book, here. Sugared toes are a much funnier joke than all the crap she's been doing all season." made me giggle.

Offline Lindsay

• Chilton Graduate
  • Community Points: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 07:55:50 am »
And did you hear about Hot Properties being cancelled? Poor Pamie.

Are you serious? Awwww! I wish I would have watched it too! School gets in the way of everything! heh! Poor Pamie
Forever FFF #5

Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko

Offline Erin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 11:15:35 am »
Yeah, I did read about Hot Properties. And I think everything I read about it was negative feedback, which is sad.  I never saw it myself so I can't make a judgment, but her recaps were always so funny that it's surprising to me that the show was so criticized. 

And I was totally torn up about Pamie's leaving, but I've been really happy with Al Lowe.  She sometimes even gives the episodes high grades than the users, which is definitely rare in TWOP land. 

Offline Lindsay

• Chilton Graduate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 11:34:41 am »
I haven't read a re-cap since Pamie left! I probably should im sure Al Lowe is great! I just loved Pamies the best!
Forever FFF #5

Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko

Offline Erin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 11:39:11 am »
Lindsay, you really should check out Al's recaps.  I really loved Pamie's, but in a way it's nice to have a fresh voice, and she does a good job.  Al's not always as snarky as I would like, but she's stll hilarious. 

Offline Lindsay

• Chilton Graduate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 12:17:49 pm »
Well I think i might just check it out! :D
Forever FFF #5

Offline Beth

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 35
  • sunshine014 back in action!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 03:36:52 pm »
Ahhh, I'm so sorry I didn't see this. I might just go ahead and "sticky" it I'm such a TWoP fanatic. My copy of Pamie's Why Girls Are Wierd is ratty due to how much I love it.

I think Al Lowe is a great replacement for Pamie. She's snarky where she should be, but she isn't quite as bitter as Pamie was at the end of her reign.

And confession: I've printed out some of Pamie's S1 recaps and I read them like a book sometimes. It's awesome.

Quote from: Al Lowe
What a weird plot device, anyway. Luke has a Secret Kid and Rory's loserish dad has Sudden Millions? What's next? Sookie and Michel find out they were separated at birth and are actually the fraternal twin children of Anastasia Romanov?
I laughed out loud.
Do you think my hair looks cool? 'Cause, you know, some days I wake up and I'm like, cool. Some days I'm like, could be cooler. Like today I got up and I was like, left side cool, right side not so cool.
~~~
Fox Force Five #4

Offline Lindsay

• Chilton Graduate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 03:40:09 pm »
I love Why Girls Are Weird also! Such a good book! Pamie is the best!
Forever FFF #5

Offline Erin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 05:15:26 pm »
I haven't read Why Girls Are Weird yet, but it's on my list.  (Along with 1000 other books, haha.) 

And Beth, I agree that Pamie was bitter towards the end of her reign.  And after the "attack" she experienced, I would probably be bitter too. 

I love her recap of the season one finale, especially when she describes the Dean and Rory kiss.  It's so great.  She really loved the show back then. 

Offline Amanda

• Gilmore Maid
  • Community Points: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 06:32:18 pm »
I haven't read the new recap yet, but it sounds good.  I loved Pamie, but Al Lowe is great too.  She's not as snarcastic ( ;)) as Pamie was, but sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's a bad thing.  I haven't read Why Girls are Weird either, but I want to get to it as soon as I'm done with all that stupid required reading.
~Amanda~
~JJ~Teacher's Pet~SA~Noddie~

Sexy-it's sexy squash

Spree!

Krisleigh

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 06:14:07 am »
I pre-ordered WGAW from Amazon (Because I love them like a 2 dollar whore) but I haven't gotten to read it yet. (Anyone who's seen my posts in the reading THread should understand why).

Anyhow, I loved Pamie, I like AL Lowe and I hope Sara M Never recaps Girls again. SHe doesn't know the show well enough to properly snark it or praise it.

Offline Beth

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 35
  • sunshine014 back in action!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 02:49:52 pm »
I love her recap of the season one finale, especially when she describes the Dean and Rory kiss.  It's so great.  She really loved the show back then. 

Yes! When she loves the show, I feel as if some fairy godmother is adoring and praising my children.

That makes almost no sense, but perhaps you guys understand the feeling. :nod:
Do you think my hair looks cool? 'Cause, you know, some days I wake up and I'm like, cool. Some days I'm like, could be cooler. Like today I got up and I was like, left side cool, right side not so cool.
~~~
Fox Force Five #4

Offline leebeasy

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 08:19:40 am »
I love TWOP they have some really talented recappers there, I keep meaning to check out Pamie's book. She was hysterical and I really enjoy Al Lowe's recaps to.