GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 29, 2022, 08:27:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 177
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading Thread - Cause it's still sexy!  (Read 902431 times)
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1410 on: February 28, 2007, 03:09:35 pm »

i was at the movies on Sunday and noticed that there's a movie coming out called Bridge to Terabithia. Did anyone read that book? I loved it!
omigosh,duh! Every reader has read that book..I hope! I love it.I cried.Then at the movie(my sis and I had read it so we went to see it with my mom) and we were all crying when Leslie died.Sept,I was like Hyperventalating and sobbing.lol I love that book though.

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 28, 2007, 03:43:32 pm »

BSC...thats the Babysitters Club right?Ive never read those! Ive read The Babysitter though! (With Jennie!) I used to love that book when I was younger,so I recently bought the 3rd adn 4th..and finished them in aday! lol
Hahahaha I loved The Babysitter! I still have it around somewhere. Sadly, I was never able to read the sequels.

I never knew there was a book called The Babysitter. Jeez, people, stop giving me new boks to read! I have enough as it is!

and kamibeaR, I totally wrote my name before. Remember, cuz Karen's friend was Hannie, and I'm Hannah, and I thought that was cool when I was little?
Hannah.. yes! Wow I feel like such a doofus. I'll wack ya with a stick to make up for my stupidy. Wink

I remember the book and original movie version of Bridge to Terabithia. And I do think I remember a sad ending.. thou I really never had an interest in the book and probly won't see the movie. lol

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 28, 2007, 05:02:50 pm »

i was at the movies on Sunday and noticed that there's a movie coming out called Bridge to Terabithia. Did anyone read that book? I loved it!
omigosh,duh! Every reader has read that book..I hope! I love it.I cried.Then at the movie(my sis and I had read it so we went to see it with my mom) and we were all crying when Leslie died.Sept,I was like Hyperventalating and sobbing.lol I love that book though.

I had to read that book for school in 5th grade, and I hated it, which is surprising because I normally like whatever I read. I might be a little biased though  because the theme for our 5th grade reading was "death and grief" (cheery huh?) so by the time that book came around I was sick of depressing novels.

Was the movie a lot different from the book?? It looks way different.

Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 28, 2007, 05:48:10 pm »

oh my gosh. same here. We read it in 5th grade and (i'm not sure why) but i remember hating it. Our whole class like despised the book. Maybe i'm not much of a fantasy meets reality reader(hmm... even though i like Heroes?)
I haven't read it yet, but my friend recommended Twilight, she absolutely loved it. Has anyone read it?

Hope I was on topic with the whole Bridge to Terabithia rant. The truth is, i don't remember it well, I just remember not liking it. Although I kind of screwed around in 5th grade..a lot. Smiley.....

August 6th! 
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 33

Mick Jagger! Where is that dratted bell?!

View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 28, 2007, 07:36:47 pm »

oh my gosh. same here. We read it in 5th grade and (i'm not sure why) but i remember hating it. Our whole class like despised the book. Maybe i'm not much of a fantasy meets reality reader(hmm... even though i like Heroes?)
I haven't read it yet, but my friend recommended Twilight, she absolutely loved it. Has anyone read it?

Hope I was on topic with the whole Bridge to Terabithia rant. The truth is, i don't remember it well, I just remember not liking it. Although I kind of screwed around in 5th grade..a lot. Smiley.....

One, often times when you a read a book at school it becomes incredibly sucky because you have to do lots of crappy work on it and all the symbolism, and it just kinda wrecks the book, especially when you like to read just for the sake of reading.

Two, I'm in the midst of Twilight myself. I'm not a vampire-book fan, but it is intriguing, I must say. I really only started reading it because when I finish it my friend will read A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, which I recommend to everybody because it is so beautiful. But anyways, Twilight is a good book, and your friend does good to recommend it.

Fingers crossed for the Gilmore movie!!
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1415 on: March 01, 2007, 01:41:01 pm »

Yeah I agree. Bridge to Teribithia is a terrific book. School ruins thing for books. Trust me. I loved a Bridge To Teribithia. It wasn't really a "fantasy" book. Commericials(for the new movie) lead it on wrong. I read it when I was little,and recently purchased a brand new copy.

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
lorelai614
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 01, 2007, 05:41:51 pm »

Two, I'm in the midst of Twilight myself. I'm not a vampire-book fan, but it is intriguing, I must say. I really only started reading it because when I finish it my friend will read A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, which I recommend to everybody because it is so beautiful. But anyways, Twilight is a good book, and your friend does good to recommend it.
i just finished twilight! its not just a vampire book, but it also a great romance. it is really good! i am wondering, though, if anyone has read the sequel, new moon.
im just wondering if it is worth my time =]

Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 01, 2007, 08:03:13 pm »

Quote from: The27thGilmore on Yesterday at 07:36:25 PM
Quote from: Gilmorefan xx on Yesterday at 05:47:48 PM

i just finished twilight! its not just a vampire book, but it also a great romance. it is really good! i am wondering, though, if anyone has read the sequel, new moon.
im just wondering if it is worth my time =]

wish i could answer that last question, but i can't. Just wanted to drop in to say, I just borrowed Twilight from my friend and am about to start on it. I'm excited. I'm so glad you said it wasn't a vampire book, cause when i read the back cover i was like, oh crap a scary, weird, sci fi, vampire book.but now i know it isn't like that!!now,i'm more excited to read it! I'm also gonna keep an eye out for A Tree Grows In Brooklyn now!

August 6th! 
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 01, 2007, 08:05:29 pm »

wish i could answer that last question, but i can't. Just wanted to drop in to say, I just borrowed Twilight from my friend and am about to start on it. I'm excited. I'm so glad you said it wasn't a vampire book, cause when i read the back cover i was like, oh crap a scary, weird, sci fi, vampire book.but now i know it isn't like that!!now,i'm more excited to read it! I'm also gonna keep an eye out for A Tree Grows In Brooklyn now!

Oh good! You won't regret it, Gilmorefan xx, it's just so beautiful. I get all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

Byder
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 114

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1419 on: March 02, 2007, 06:09:07 am »

Ha! I have finally dedicated sometime aside to do some reading! So I have started Terry Pratchet's - Wee Free Men! Loving it so far! Sorta inspired me (when its done) to read the rest! Cheesy

~C
~Communicate in a way as to leave as little room for misunderstanding as possible!

Thanks to QweenB and MasBYUgal for the Awesome Sig!
IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1420 on: March 02, 2007, 07:24:02 am »

I was wondering what the status was on our book club.  Is Katie around??

My New Website
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 02, 2007, 12:20:56 pm »

I was wondering what the status was on our book club.  Is Katie around??
Yeah, I was wondering that myself. Do we have book suggestions? Cuz I have a book suggestion.
A Tree Grows In Brooklyn.
 Grin Favouritest book ever.

kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 02, 2007, 12:38:04 pm »

I just finished reading Dracula; that was pretty good. I also have a big collection of Grimm's fairy tales, which are so much better than their disney versions/watered down versions. If anyone is looking for an interesting read I suggest that.

Any Orwell fans here? He's my favorite author. (1984, Animal Farm, Road to Wigan Pier)....Huh

The27thGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 02, 2007, 05:44:12 pm »

I just finished reading Dracula; that was pretty good. I also have a big collection of Grimm's fairy tales, which are so much better than their disney versions/watered down versions. If anyone is looking for an interesting read I suggest that.

Any Orwell fans here? He's my favorite author. (1984, Animal Farm, Road to Wigan Pier)....Huh

I read parts of 1984 for Lit, but I plan to read the whole thing, 'cuz I like it so far. Plus I heard all kinds of goodies about Animal Farm, so I'll be reading that too. Just another books on my neverending list.

Oh, and I LOVE your siggy!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 05:45:55 pm by The27thGilmore » Logged

Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 02, 2007, 05:55:10 pm »

AGREED, awesome sig. And I started Twilight last night and it is great so far.
Are Grimm's fairytales the books that "The Brothers Grimm" was based off of?

August 6th! 
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 177
  Print  

Jump to: