GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 16, 2022, 02:13:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 177
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading Thread - Cause it's still sexy!  (Read 883277 times)
amerikan_dreamer28
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 71

Gilmore Girls Addict

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: February 24, 2007, 07:19:18 pm »

Oh! And I recommend that you guys read TTYL!
I finished reading it and it was really good!
The next one is TTFN! Its a really good girly book! Wink

Cool! I check that out! I am looking for a new book to read  Grin

Sig made by Audra (not registered)
JAVA JUNKIE / F.A.I.T.H. *flyswatter*
MiloVentimiglia

WE NEED GILMORE GIRLS SEASON 8!!!
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 33

Mick Jagger! Where is that dratted bell?!

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: February 24, 2007, 09:45:26 pm »

I'm reading Twilight, and 1984, but I really want to be reading A Tree Grows In Brooklyn (because it's my most favourite book ever) and The Naked and the Dead (because Norman Mailer was on Gilmore Girls, and it looks good).
Lurlene McDaniel, I remember those. They were so sad in grade six. I daren't read one now, b/c I'm much more cynical and liable to vomit. No offense to those who like Lurlene, I just can't handle extreme sappyness anymore.
Question: does anyone else go to the Children's section of the library and find books that they very much want to read, but don't take them out for fear of being seen as a weirdo? B/C seriously, there are some really good kid books out there that I want to read, but I'd be embarassed to take them out, and I can hardly use the 'little sister' excuse anymore b/c she's growing out of them!

Fingers crossed for the Gilmore movie!!
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 24, 2007, 11:22:25 pm »

Question: does anyone else go to the Children's section of the library and find books that they very much want to read, but don't take them out for fear of being seen as a weirdo? B/C seriously, there are some really good kid books out there that I want to read, but I'd be embarassed to take them out, and I can hardly use the 'little sister' excuse anymore b/c she's growing out of them!
lol
I haven't but there are times where I want to pick up a book that I maybe read during my 4th-5th grade years and just read some for the day. Should I dare even say? Well I'm sure you all remember the Baby-Sitters Club. Hahahaha. I seriously have like half the collection on this shelf in my closet. I haven't seen them in years.

Cheerios, (lol that's a really cute nickname.) If you don't mind telling but what are these TTYL, TTFN books? I've never heard of them.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
gilmoreren
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 36

Fairtrade Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 25, 2007, 05:47:52 am »

I read kid's books but then it was a part of my degree to study children's fiction. Hey, you could always tell yourself you are 'studying' them....

--
I'm a C19 girl

Gilmoreren an aunty soon...
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 25, 2007, 10:03:53 am »

I LOVE the Babysitter's Club! Gosh, my favourite is Dawn's School Spirit War (or something to that effect). I've read it like a zillion times. I also liked the series about Kristy's stepsister Karen. My favourite of those was Karen's Magic Garden, which I've a hundred bazillion zillion times. I have to buy it.

kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 25, 2007, 11:13:08 am »

I LOVE the Babysitter's Club! Gosh, my favourite is Dawn's School Spirit War (or something to that effect). I've read it like a zillion times. I also liked the series about Kristy's stepsister Karen. My favourite of those was Karen's Magic Garden, which I've a hundred bazillion zillion times. I have to buy it.
Grin You rock.
My favorite books were always those Super Special ones. Sea City Here We Come! was like the one I read the most. And one where they go to a summer camp or something. I used to read the Karen ones too! I only have one of them and it was my all time favorite one. I think it was something like Karen's Mermaid? But its also when she goes to Sea City and believes that there's some mermaid or something.
Hm I feel like a loser typing this but oh well. You understand Wink *Pretty Stick* for you.

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 25, 2007, 11:51:23 am »

Grin You rock.
My favorite books were always those Super Special ones. Sea City Here We Come! was like the one I read the most. And one where they go to a summer camp or something. I used to read the Karen ones too! I only have one of them and it was my all time favorite one. I think it was something like Karen's Mermaid? But its also when she goes to Sea City and believes that there's some mermaid or something.
Hm I feel like a loser typing this but oh well. You understand Wink *Pretty Stick* for you.
*Pretty Stick* for you, too, and don't feel like a loser. By admitting you read the Karen books, you've made me feel like less of a loser. Gosh, I thought I was the only person who ever read those! My favourite part was that Karen had pink glasses and blue glasses, and I had pink glasses and blue glasses, plus one of her friend's was Hannie, and my name is Hannah, and that was the coolest thing ever!

kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 25, 2007, 12:21:44 pm »

*Pretty Stick* for you, too, and don't feel like a loser. By admitting you read the Karen books, you've made me feel like less of a loser. Gosh, I thought I was the only person who ever read those! My favourite part was that Karen had pink glasses and blue glasses, and I had pink glasses and blue glasses, plus one of her friend's was Hannie, and my name is Hannah, and that was the coolest thing ever!
Ok I won't feel so much like a loser. Smiley
Hahahaha Hannie/Hannah and glasses. That's awesome. My favorite Baby-Sitter was always Claudia. I always just thought she was awesome with her junk food obsession and always hiding it in her room where they always had their meetings. And   can't remember but didn't she like to read? I might be wrong though..

Woo go Baby-Sitters Club/Karen readers! High Five

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: February 25, 2007, 12:33:11 pm »

Ok I won't feel so much like a loser. Smiley
Hahahaha Hannie/Hannah and glasses. That's awesome. My favorite Baby-Sitter was always Claudia. I always just thought she was awesome with her junk food obsession and always hiding it in her room where they always had their meetings. And   can't remember but didn't she like to read? I might be wrong though..

Woo go Baby-Sitters Club/Karen readers! High Five
She liked Nancy Drew, and her mom was a librarian and thought Nancy Drew was garbage, so she hid those too, and she couldn't spell worth a dime.

kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 25, 2007, 01:00:07 pm »

Ah yes, she was a bad speller. That's another reason why I liked her. I have spelling problems myself. Oh and she was bad at math.. like me!

I could never stand Kristy. She just always bugged me!

Did you by any chance ever read those Sweet Valley books? lol I did. And I was a huge R.L. Stine fan!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 01:02:02 pm by kamibeaR » Logged

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: February 25, 2007, 01:41:02 pm »

LOL, those books r so ancient but I still have them! My fav was Stacy, she had diabetes and she wasnt afraid to show it.

Ye ive read the sweet vallet books, with Jess && Elizabeth the twins. My fav twin was Elizabeth.

I wasnt a huge fan of the RL Stine books, but
since last month ive been ahuge fan of lurlene mcdaniel books. they make me cry.  Cry cuz people die in it from sicknesses and stuff. but the saddest book ive read isnt by her and its by i dont know who, but its caleld the farther you run. its really sad. this girl whos best friend died left her a video tape and she just found it. it was like a video diary, while she was dying.!

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: February 25, 2007, 01:53:14 pm »

I loved the sisterhood series. I've read and have all three of them.

I have a question.... Has anyone here read anything by Lurene McDaniel?

Yes, I have been reading Lurene McDaniel recently.

LURLENE MCDANIEL RULES!!!

I love her books, they rock! Even tho theyre about DYING, its so awesome--- ok not nesscarily dying but harships in the process of dying... sureeee
I know this is from a long time ago but you know I haven't been here in a while. Lurlene McDaniel does rule. Here is a list of all of the books that I have read by her;

Angels watching over me
Lifted up by angels
Until Angels close my eyes
Angel of Mercy
Angel of Hope
Mother help me live
Sixteen and Dying
Let Him Live
Please don't die my love
Until Death do us part
A Season for goodbye
Saving Jessica
A Rose for Melinda
Goodbye doesn't mean forever
Six months to live
I want to live
All the Days of her life
I'll be seing you
When happily ever after ends
So much to live for
No time to cry
Night vision
Bobbys girl
Lauras heart
Mourning song
For better for worse forever
The Girl death left behind
Telling Christina Goodbye
My secret boyfriend
The Legacy
She died to young
And there's more but I can only find half of my list right now so....

Other good books;
If We Kiss -- Rachel Vail
Caribben Crusing --Rachel Hawthorne
Thrill Ride --Rachel Hawthorne
Tourist Trap --Emma Harrison
Love on the Lifts --Rachel Hawthorne
Summer in the City Elizabeth Chandler
Grecian Holiday --Kate Cann
The Truth About Forever -- Sarah Dessen
Kissed by an Angel --Elizabeth Chandler
The Power of Love -- Elizabeth Chandler
Soulmates -- Elizabeth Chandler
Tropical Kiss --Jan Coffey
A Walk to Remember -- Nicolas Sparks
Notebook --Nicolas Sparks
The Cafe series -- Elizabeth Craft
All American Girl -- Meg Cabot
Cinderella 2000 -- Mavis Jukes
This Lullaby --Sarah Dessen

Yeah, I'm sure there's more that's all I can think of though...

Ohh, I loved The Face on the Milk Carton!! Grin My all-time favorite book is still The Phantom Tollbooth, though. I read it for the first time in 5th grade, & it's great. Kids love. Adults love it. You will love it to.

Right now I'm reading Uglies by Scott Westerfield...future/distopia book. A little creepy, but very interesting.
The face on the milk carton was really good. I read it last year for my English class. I thought it was kinda creepy though....

I just finished reading "Eragon" it was really good!! Grin

Just curious, are there more than 1 Eragon books? Because I was in the bookstore the other day & noticed a dragon-covered book that looked a lot like the Eragon, but I'm not all that into fantasy (the only fantasy book I've read is The Hobbit; Tolkien was very good), so I was too lazy to check. Smiley

Gee, I wish they sold Gilmore Girl shirts in my bookstore!!

Yeah the next book after Eragon is Eldest!
I bought it at Barnes and Nobles last weekend and I can't wait to read it!!! Grin

Oh! And I recommend that you guys read TTYL!
I finished reading it and it was really good!
The next one is TTFN! Its a really good girly book! Wink
I started to read TTYL but I never finnished.... Undecided

Hearts hugs and Kiss's
Mary

He-he, I thought of more....

The Christy Miller Series by Robin Jones Gunn was really good....
Until Tomorrow
As you wish
and I can't remember the other one....

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: February 25, 2007, 01:54:57 pm »

Lurlene mcdaniel is such a talented author!

Eragon fans did you know theres a third coming out this year?

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 25, 2007, 02:00:02 pm »

Lurlene mcdaniel is such a talented author!

Eragon fans did you know theres a third coming out this year?
I agree!! Although she hasn't published anything in a while.... It's really starting to make me mad because I've read like all of her books that i can find...

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 25, 2007, 02:09:31 pm »

LOL, those books r so ancient but I still have them! My fav was Stacy, she had diabetes and she wasnt afraid to show it.

Ye ive read the sweet vallet books, with Jess && Elizabeth the twins. My fav twin was Elizabeth.

I wasnt a huge fan of the RL Stine books, but
since last month ive been ahuge fan of lurlene mcdaniel books. they make me cry.  Cry cuz people die in it from sicknesses and stuff. but the saddest book ive read isnt by her and its by i dont know who, but its caleld the farther you run. its really sad. this girl whos best friend died left her a video tape and she just found it. it was like a video diary, while she was dying.!
Oooh a Stacy fan? Wink
I don't remember which Sweet Valley twin I liked. I wasn't as into those as I was with the Baby-Sitters but I still enjoyed them every once in awhile.

R.L. Stine was cool! In my opinion, LOL. I did read Goosbumbs a lot but my definite favorites were those Fear Street series and stuff. Ones that were more for early teens and stuff. I read a lot of those during my 11-13 years.

I've never heard of Lurlene McDaniel.. I keep seeing you guys talking about her, lol. Maybe I'll check her out. I don't mind depressing books at times.

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 177
  Print  

Jump to: