GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 04:22:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 177
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading Thread - Cause it's still sexy!  (Read 800694 times)
emily14N
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 20, 2006, 03:24:40 am »

Anyone have a book that you read about halfway through, but then it just gets boring and dull? But you don't just want to quit reading it because you've already been invested in it for about 200 pages or something and you're like -well I might as well finish it? But it's such a chore to get through that it takes you forever and a day to finish reading the entire book? I know I'm sort of rambling here, but I thought I would ask because it happens to me a lot. In fact, this book that I'm reading right now is the same sort of thing. It started out really good and now it's just dragging on and on. Any thoughts anyone?

I just tried reading a passage to india, by ... hm, i'm not actually sure. I read the first 4 chapters, and basically feel asleep.

Stephanie
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 154

I'm trying to think up something witty...

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 20, 2006, 03:14:14 pm »

Love your sig pic emily14N - good stuff.

I reading a textbook in anatomy about histology - hey? come on? I know you want to go and get it.
But I am also reading the sequel to Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt, ''Tis a memoir' - don't know if it can match the first but it ain't far off and thats for sure.

Cheer cheer, Yell yell
Who cares who wins
'Cause we're all going to hell.
~Jane from Daria
dadancingmuffin
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 20, 2006, 05:09:19 pm »

I just picked up Lord of the Flies from the school library today...my English teacher said it was good so I'm kinda taking her word for it! Wink

I'm going to have color coming out of my yin-yang!;D
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 20, 2006, 05:39:50 pm »

IT's good, but a little twisted and creepy.  BUt I won't spoil it.  I think I had to read it in school or we read parts of it.  I also think there's a movie.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
dani
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 78

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 20, 2006, 05:45:46 pm »

It's definitley a good read!  It isn't long though, but I enjoyed it.  A true classic! Wink
Becca
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

JavaJunkieLiterai

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 28, 2006, 05:16:31 pm »

I'm a bookworm and proud but I'm called a nerd by two kids in my class just because I like to read, they also say I'm "pysco" because I can finish a pretty thick book quickly, gilmore_guy, good idea for a thread, it's nice to be able to talk to other people with the same problem.

~*~ReBeCcA~*~† I Gilmore Girls and Coffee

~Thanks Alliansa!
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 28, 2006, 05:19:56 pm »

I'm trying to read all the Chronicles of Narnia books. So far I'm up to the Horse and His Boy.

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
Sarah
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 28, 2006, 08:56:34 pm »

I read a short story, by Edgar Allan Poe, called "The House of Usher."  If you want an eerie story, read that one.  I enjoyed it very much.

I am also rereading One Hundred Years of Solitude, by Garcia Marquez, who is one of my favourite writers.  Has anyone read either of the two novels/stories I read?

P.S:.  I started reading Chronicles of a Death Foretold (Garcia Marquez) next.  (I'm reading it in Spanish.)  I really like it so far.

LORELAI: You know what, Iíve spent a lot of time and energy fighting the whole Jess thing. Roryís made her choice, I want her to be happy. Iím just hoping for the best at this point.

LUKE: Very romantic.

LORELAI: Says the man who yelled "Finally!" at the end of Love Story.
Culwings
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 28, 2006, 10:00:03 pm »

after finishing brave new world i have started Philip Roth The human stain in english of course do you guys know if thats any good i just read the back of the book and took it with me donīt know what to expect yet :Smiley

Java Junkie, Headliner and Gilmore Guy
lwc
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 28, 2006, 10:09:42 pm »

I read a short story, by Edgar Allan Poe, called "The House of Usher."† If you want an eerie story, read that one.† I enjoyed it very much.

I am also rereading One Hundred Years of Solitude, by Garcia Marquez, who is one of my favourite writers.† Has anyone read either of the two novels/stories I read?

P.S:.† I started reading Chronicles of a Death Foretold (Garcia Marquez) next.† (I'm reading it in Spanish.)† I really like it so far.

I love "The House of Usher"! If you want a good laugh, read the story, then watch Vincent Price's movie adaptation. It's hilarious and completely off! Grin I love Vincent Price movies!
lwc
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 28, 2006, 10:13:17 pm »

I'm trying to read all the Chronicles of Narnia books. So far I'm up to the Horse and His Boy.

I loved them all! I even did a term paper on them in the 12th grade! Cheesy
gilmore_guy
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 55

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 29, 2006, 05:08:19 pm »

Has anyone read "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac? Well it's a great book from the show. They are in the process of making a moivie of it. I think it'll be great and can't wait to see it! Wink
gilmore_guy
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 55

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 29, 2006, 05:11:19 pm »

I'm a bookworm and proud but I'm called a nerd by two kids in my class just because I like to read, they also say I'm "pysco" because I can finish a pretty thick book quickly, gilmore_guy, good idea for a thread, it's nice to be able to talk to other people with the same problem.

Those kids are so annoying when the bother you about books. It's like how wierd is it when people find you strange for just reading a book? CraZy Huh
Becca
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

JavaJunkieLiterai

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 29, 2006, 05:42:12 pm »

Those kids are so annoying when the bother you about books. It's like how wierd is it when people find you strange for just reading a book? CraZy Huh

Yeah, it gets pretty annoying. Today some kid said I was going to be like the movie 40-year old virgin, what does the fact that I enjoy reading have anything to do with when I lose my virginity? Some people seriously don't think before they speak.

Also, I love the chronicles of Narina books. Ever since my friend recomended The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe I've been hooked, it's a really good series.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 05:44:52 pm by Becca » Logged

~*~ReBeCcA~*~† I Gilmore Girls and Coffee

~Thanks Alliansa!
SnowPrincess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 29, 2006, 06:02:00 pm »

Wow, that's crazy, kids can be such jerks. I go through the name-calling alot cause' I love to read. Just ignore them, that's what I do. The Narnia series is awesome, I think the book is much better than the movie though. I read the lion, the which and the wardrobe and the horse and his boy, I want to read some of the other ones to though.

Flyswatter~Spree~Noodie~Lauren Fan~and JavaJunkie above all (Have F.A.I.T.H.)
† † † † † † I support the Great8Mandate!

^ This wonderful banner, was made by Euran, not me.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 177
  Print  

Jump to: