GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 24, 2022, 04:02:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 177
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading Thread - Cause it's still sexy!  (Read 900926 times)
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: March 02, 2007, 08:09:00 pm »

I've never seen the movie, but I think it is loosely based on several of their fairy tales. I just have a big book of a compilation of fairy tales. The longest one is only about ten pages long. They're very interesting, there's a lot of symbolism in them and references to other more adult themes. The Grimms didn't actually make up the stories, they were just the first to write them down. Most of the fairy tales were passed on by word of mouth.

Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1426 on: March 03, 2007, 07:24:19 am »

Ive seen the movie,pretty good.*Shruggs* Im really out of things to read! What should i? (remeber, the closest book store is two hours away...this better be a good book! lol)

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 33

Mick Jagger! Where is that dratted bell?!

View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 03, 2007, 09:45:05 am »

Ive seen the movie,pretty good.*Shruggs* Im really out of things to read! What should i? (remeber, the closest book store is two hours away...this better be a good book! lol)
omygosh, here's my answer to everything: A Tree Grows In Brooklyn. Read it, my friend! It's totally worth the four-hour trip!

Fingers crossed for the Gilmore movie!!
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1428 on: March 03, 2007, 09:46:47 am »

Really? Do tell what its about...a tree? or brooklyn? hmm...interesting!

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 03, 2007, 09:58:01 am »

Really? Do tell what its about...a tree? or brooklyn? hmm...interesting!
It's about a young girl named Francie who lives in Brooklyn (who'd a thunk?). It's pre-WWI, and Francie's family is very poor. It's a coming-of-age kind of book, but it is absolutely beautiful. I cry every time. Go to Amazon and look it up, I'm sure they'll have a much better summary than I can give.

clumsy_cardhouse
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 25

View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 03, 2007, 09:59:47 am »

omygosh, here's my answer to everything: A Tree Grows In Brooklyn. Read it, my friend! It's totally worth the four-hour trip!

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is one of my favorites. I've lost count on how many times I've read it.  Smiley

Dave- "What we need is a name."
Brian- "I made my suggestion."
Zach- "Yeah, and we vetoed the Harry Potters. Next."
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 03, 2007, 10:00:42 am »

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is one of my favorites. I've lost count on how many times I've read it.  Smiley

Oh hooray! Someone else who's read it! It's my goal to get everyone on the planet to read it. Help spread the word!

clumsy_cardhouse
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 03, 2007, 10:03:03 am »

Oh hooray! Someone else who's read it! It's my goal to get everyone on the planet to read it. Help spread the word!

Did you see the movie?

The27thGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 03, 2007, 10:09:20 am »

Did you see the movie?

I did. It's good. Not as good as the book, b/c it doesn't go as far, but it's still so wonderful. I love the actress they picked for Sissy, she's absolutely perfect.

clumsy_cardhouse
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 03, 2007, 10:11:05 am »

Yeah, I only saw it once. ike you said, it didn't go very far in the book. But it was ok.

Everyone- read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn! It's great!

kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 03, 2007, 03:21:43 pm »

FYI, I already do want to read this A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
You're doing a good job with your goal Hannah cause everyime I stop by the thread I see you mention it and now I keep thinking that its something I have to read!

Hopefully I can get hold of a copy eventually.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
jodieflips
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 44

View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 03, 2007, 05:57:08 pm »

So, today I just saw the movie The Notebook, and it was adorable!  I haven't read the book though, so I guess I was just wondering if it is even half as good as the movie?  I am also going to start reading this book about vampires called Peeps by Scott Westerfeld.  Speaking of vampires...if you have not read Twilight or New Moon (if you haven't read Twilight, New Moon is the sequel so don't read that one)  then you should!  they are my all time favorite books right now.  I love vampire stories.

jodie

kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 04, 2007, 12:44:26 am »

So, today I just saw the movie The Notebook, and it was adorable!  I haven't read the book though, so I guess I was just wondering if it is even half as good as the movie?
Its been awhile since I've seen that movie and read the book, but I think I remember liking the book more. Though I found it to be way more depressing for some reason..
But yes, it is a good read. Smiley

I like Nicholas Sparks. I just read Message in a Bottle and really liked it. I saw the movie like a day after I read the book and it sucked so much. I can't even describe.. book was like 100 times better.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 12:45:58 am by kamibeaR » Logged

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
lorelai614
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 04, 2007, 05:58:44 am »

I like Nicholas Sparks. I just read Message in a Bottle and really liked it. I saw the movie like a day after I read the book and it sucked so much. I can't even describe.. book was like 100 times better.

oh yeah i did read that book and saw the movie, and the movie was NO contest to the book!
but it seems like that is always how it goes for books that are made into movies. even if the movie is good, it seems like the book is always better! except for maybe...the outisders. but even still i think the book wins...

The27thGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 04, 2007, 08:33:05 am »

I've a read a couple of Nicholas Sparks books. A Walk To Remember and The Rescue. I gotta say, though I loved AWTR, I am not a huge fan of Sparks. Way to lovey-dovey for my tastes. But maybe I should just read more of his books to see if that's really the case, because it's been awhile.

BTW, kamibeaR, you know my name, so what's yours?

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 177
  Print  

Jump to: