GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 20, 2022, 02:02:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you rather...(if you had to choose.) Why?
Go Bungee Jumping
Ride a Bull
Go Skydiving
Swim with Sharks (No cage!)
Go Cliff Diving (50ft+ and Into Water.)
Go Rock Climbing (with no ropes to hold you up)
Have Chinese Water Torture
Have Bad Breath for the Rest of Your Life (And it just won't go away!!)
Lick A Frog for 10 seconds

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls in the Northeast (US)--Because that's where they live!  (Read 76333 times)
laaauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2007, 04:35:44 am »

Can I ask you something?
Does anyone of u have ever visited WASHINGTON DEPOT - the real Stars Hollow? Or does anyone lives there. How is that, to see the real Stars Hollow?

GilmoreFanatic203
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2007, 05:20:51 pm »

Hey all...it's been awhile since I've been in here. I'm Melissa From CT...I am actually siituated in between New Haven and Hartford Smiley

Littlegreen
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2007, 04:35:59 pm »

HI Melissa, I am Kat also from Connecticut, however I am situated in New Haven.  It has been awhile since I have been on this thread either, but it is nice to meet you.

so there was this whole big storm projected and we even had after school activities canceled yesterday because of the tornado warning, but in the end it was about 1 hour of heavy rain and some thunder and lighting and thats it.  Did any of you guys get parts of that storm, or at least reports of the storm which hardly happened?

About washing depot, I have never been there, but there are lots of small towns in Connecticut similar to it.  (they may not be quite as small as stars hollow, but it is true that in northern Connecticut we have tiny cut off towns.  SO i cant help you too much, may be someone else has been there
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:38:27 pm by Littlegreen » Logged

kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2007, 06:09:31 pm »

I loved the tornado warning the other day! Those always crack me up. I used to live in Wisconsin before moving to MA and we'd have tornado warnings like every week or so, but never did we have a tornado. My rule is if you can't see the actual funnel or trees aren't being uprooted, chances are the tornado is not going to appear.

I've driven through Washington Depot (most of my family lives in CT, in Fairfield County) and its pretty tiny, very quaint, I don't really remember much about it because it was a while ago but it reminded me of a Norman Rockwell painting.

Well I'm off to go clubbing! Talk to you all later!

lalaliz2005
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2007, 07:36:02 am »

Per ShutUpRob:

MISSION REQUEST:    "Assignment:  Alexis"

(cue Mission: Impossible theme music)

I'm asking any of you who might live around NYC to go to the Ed Sullivan Theater or call it to ask when Alexis is going to be there next week to tape her episode and if there are any tickets still available?  If you can still get in, then great!  Book tickets (IIRC, they're cheap).  Even if they say it's totally booked (and it might not be), please psot here and/or to the facebook group when she's going to be there. 

Organize a Save Gilmore ad hoc meeting outside the theater on the taping day -- taping generally starts IIRC around 5:00pm ET or so, so arriving around 4pm or earlier would be optimal, but for those of you who can't, get there as soon as you can.  Buy yellow daisies to have delivered to her (somebody ask Biff Henderson or an assistant stage manager if daisies can be sent to her at the theater).  Print out large season 8 logos and either make your own buttons out of them or just pin the paper print out (cut it out into a circle) onto your shirt or jacket/hoodie and wear them outside the theater as an ID.  Give her daisies, give her written letters that you might otherwise send by snail mail.  Those of you who arrive during the taping, still try to get flowers and your letters delivered to her *during* the taping. Take my suggestions for letter-writing ettiquette that I'lll post here again in a few minutes (as soon as I'm finished editing them again).  Please remember to politely ask the Letterman crew if you can do this -- they might want to make something of it on the show (and if they don't ask you if they can make something of it on the show, ask them yourselves.)

Also, we need someone to volunteer to lead this project ASAP!  I'm in Central Missouri, so I obviously can't do it.    Bringing out your banners and T-shirts and placards -- everything that you'd do if you were in front of the Today Show window would be super, too.  Heck, stand in front of the Today Show window that morning, too, if you can!

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because there's still story left to tell about RORY, too.  Even without Logan.
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2007, 10:01:55 pm »

I don't mean to be rude, but that seems like quite an aggressive tactic to get the great8mandate across. I feel like that would be like jumping Alexis to get the message across, borderline harrassment. I'm sure she knows that there are still fans that want a season 8 we don't have to beat her over the head with it. Also, she is (from what I hear) a very shy person and that would probably make her extremely uncomfortable and could potentially get you kicked out of the theatre or just make you look like a crazed lunatic.

Anyway...I didn't know if you guys knew this but...

Alexis is going to be in NYC and in Stamford, CT filming Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 for the majority of June. Last week they held open auditions to cast extras in Stamford (I'm so bummed I wasn't there, they needed college students). I'm moving to Stamford in two weeks (just for the summer) and then to SoHo in the fall. I'm hoping to get a job as a PA on SotTP2, and IF I do (cross your fingers) maybe I would consider mentioning the mandate to her. That is of course contingent on me getting the job and also on me actually being able to talk to Alexis, and further more on how it would effect my job (like I don't want to get fired for it!). Anywho...wish me luck I really need this job and I would looove it so much. 

Lets Shall
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 39

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2007, 08:42:51 am »

Wow, good luck with that job!  That's exciting.. and I had no idea they were making another Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

And.. I agree about that Mission Request: "Assignment: Alexis"  .. I love Gilmore girls and I wish there was a Season 8 but I personally would never do this.  Alexis is an adult, and whether or not she wants to do a Season 8 is her business.  I'm sure she loves all of her fans, but I doubt any of us could change her mind on her career choice--  especially if we come at her by the masses with t-shirts, daisies, and letters.  I know it's not most fans intent to be crazed or aggressive but this does come off this way and it is somewhat harrassment.

Does anyone have any Memorial Day plans?
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2007, 02:12:20 pm »

Can I ask you something?
Does anyone of u have ever visited WASHINGTON DEPOT - the real Stars Hollow? Or does anyone lives there. How is that, to see the real Stars Hollow?
That is one place I want to go Smiley

This is an awesome thread...I am really busy so I can't stay long, but I just saw it, and well since I live in the North East I thought I'd come by....i'll come back later with a more 'meaty' post.  But I just wanted to say this is really cool, and I didn't know it existed, but now i do Smiley haha...okay...bye!!

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
JavaJunkiee
Diner Chef

Community Points: 269

GG and HP obsessed :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2007, 02:16:07 pm »

Holy crap. Did anyone else have a HUGE storm today?? (June 5th) We had hail, thunder, lighting, and TONS of rain!! It was insane!! My school wouldn't even let us go to our next class until it was over because we have 2 buildings and they didn't want anyone going outside cuz the hail was really big!!

kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2007, 02:27:57 pm »

no it was bright and sunny in MA. It was actually really hot out. Yesterday it poured all day though, like someone was just dumping buckets of rain down.

JavaJunkiee
Diner Chef

Community Points: 269

GG and HP obsessed :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2007, 03:54:30 pm »

Yeah I text messaged my aunt during the storm and she lives in MA and she said it wasn't hailing but in NH it sure was!!!

Ggirlfan

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2007, 07:31:39 pm »

I work right by the Bourne Bridge going to Cape Cod, and could hear the thunder south of us.  My co worker's husband works in Falmouth, MA and said the storm was horrible.  He thought there might have been tornado warnings the weather got so bad.

~KRISTIN~
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2007, 07:36:16 pm »

thats so weird, I live about fifteen minutes from Foxboro and although we had A LOT of rain I don't think we had any thunder.

laaauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2007, 03:55:36 am »

wow, lots of you live in hartford, that must be cool because the grandparents also live there, the gilmore girls ones.
that must be so cool.

i read it isnt allowed to kiss someone on sundays, is that right? HAHA

Littlegreen

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2007, 04:02:40 pm »

I have a question for other New England residents, do any of you have town meeting form of government, like they have in stars hollow?

My town North Haven (a suburb of New Haven) it is called a town meeting government, and our civics teacher last year had us go to a meeting for a field trip, but it was nothing at all like the stars hollow one.  There was about 200 people there and there was all kinds of debating and voting, for maybe 2 hours before voting on one thing.  The teacher said that because our town is so large the system has been diluted, and works differently then it was intended to in small town.  So does anyone have a form of government like stars hollow, not just the modernized version, because I suspect that the true town meeting government may be gone.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
  Print  

Jump to: