GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 20, 2022, 02:11:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you rather...(if you had to choose.) Why?
Go Bungee Jumping
Ride a Bull
Go Skydiving
Swim with Sharks (No cage!)
Go Cliff Diving (50ft+ and Into Water.)
Go Rock Climbing (with no ropes to hold you up)
Have Chinese Water Torture
Have Bad Breath for the Rest of Your Life (And it just won't go away!!)
Lick A Frog for 10 seconds

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls in the Northeast (US)--Because that's where they live!  (Read 76334 times)
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2006, 04:16:36 pm »

Just thought we should have one for the Northeastern United States, because thats where the whole show is based! :-D
Sorry for the EXTREMLEY long poll.

Sarah
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 05:10:11 pm by Fantasy » Logged

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Littlegreen
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 11:46:10 am »

There are now so many threads for different states in the US that maby some of them should be merged under one this topic maby even this one...?  I dont know.  But my name is Kat and I live in New Haven Connecticut- where they really live.  I think its ok to have this thread but some other ones like newyork, and connecticut would have to be moved. 

we can talk about how unrealistic the weather is on the show and even though it is a cold place nowhere near as much snow as is on the show, and stuff like that.

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 08:51:17 am »

Hey!
I agree with you about merging. I believe they should all be merged under this one, because none of the other boards have that many posts, and here we could all gather instead of doing it by state. Just a suggestion.
The weather is unrealistic. But here just south of Albany, I couldn't tell you the last time I saw more than a dusting of snow. It's all been rain. And it was freaking 71F here Saturday! SO FREAKY!

snicklefritz

Community Points: 62

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 12:18:40 pm »

hi everyone... its actually snowing here in New Jersey. Its about time that winter made an appearance, lol

Littlegreen

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 02:41:07 pm »

Its been raining all day up in connecticut, I wish that it was snowing like in New Jersey, but I heard that it will freeze overnight so we might have school cancelled if the roads freeze over, thats exciting becaues it is one extra day to get ready for midterm exams

GilmoreFanatic203
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 03:52:25 pm »

Hey all, Missy from CT here! It's nice to see a thread for all of the local gilmore girls!! What about this weather? I always enjoyed new england for it's season changes but so far it's been summer and fall! The rain started as snow, but quickly transformed into ugly rain Sad. I don't want snow for the sake of my commute to work, but SOME would be nice to look at Smiley

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 07:13:24 am »

I am dying for a good snow here. Nothing. I'm looking out my window right now, and I see grass, with little ittty bittty tiny patches of white stuff. It doesn't even deserve to be called snow. :-P

GilmoreFanatic203
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 05:10:11 pm »

It's sad really! Last Monday we were supposed to get a whopper of an Ice storm...it was kind of sunny and dry! Not to mention the threat of a snow storm yesterday morning and when I went to work at 9am it was dry again. I really miss the season changes!!

snicklefritz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 01:26:03 pm »

yeah I want snow too... the coldness finally came, but cold weather sucks without the snow, lol

SnowPrincess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 07:47:18 pm »

Yeah, I live in PA. We're getting cold weather and small flurries in the morning (like 6 AM) but no snow snow, if you know what I mean. Cold weather without snow sucks.

Flyswatter~Spree~Noodie~Lauren Fan~and JavaJunkie above all (Have F.A.I.T.H.)
            I support the Great8Mandate!

^ This wonderful banner, was made by Euran, not me.
snicklefritz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 05:42:33 am »

Now the snow keeps coming, Last week we got about 2 1/2 inches and then it all melted away this past weekend. I woke up this morning to about the same amount.  I just wish I didn't have to go clean my car off, lol

GilmoreFanatic203
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 07:36:11 am »

WELL, I'm in CT and we had snow Last Tuesday that lasted all of an hour . It was like a dusting. Other parts of CT have gotten super snow but not us.. I'm confused..it goes from 12 below(no snow) to 50 in less then 24 hours.

snicklefritz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 12:33:28 pm »

yeah its crazy ... i wish the weather would make up its mind already, lol

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 03:31:57 pm »

Me too! I am incredibly sick of this Yo-yo effect with the weather. It keeps saying we will get SNOW but it is always just a pathetic little dusting.

kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 03:45:40 pm »

Hey, I'm Dana from Massachusetts although I lived in CT (Newtown and Fairfield) for most of my life and my dad lives in Stamford, although I've never heard of or seen the Stamford Eagel Gazette!! The thing that bugs me most about the show (more than the weather) is how quickly they get to New York from Hartford and Stars Hollow, which is around Litchfield...that would take at least 3-4 hours.

It's been so cold the past week..but still no snow  Huh Someone once told me that when the temperature drops below a certain temperature it can't snow, although I don't know if that's true. Can someone even remember the last Christmas we had that didn't have snow on the ground?   

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: