GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 03:42:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Was my recent dream about plasma screens an omen that my computer monitor would die?
No, don't be ridiculous! The two aren't even related. - 1 (2.6%)
Maybe, stranger things have happened. - 14 (36.8%)
Yes, now please have a dream about lottery numbers! - 15 (39.5%)
Heidi, quit making polls and go back to your liquid diet already. - 8 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 167
  Print  
Author Topic: Heidi's Soapbox: News, Opinions, and Things You Never Wanted to Know  (Read 1034676 times)
rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: July 02, 2009, 07:43:03 pm »

Hey!
Ive been trying to get on an post a little more than I have in the past few months. I am super busy, but I really miss this place.
It is so sad that I used to feel so behind when I missed one day, but now I can miss weeks without barely missing anything.
It would be so great if people would come on more!

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2431 on: July 14, 2009, 02:11:29 am »

I'm here!
Man, I went to the Offtopic thread, and there was like 3 posts since I was last here!!!
I hope this place isn't over for good! Who else will take my madness with such grace and dignity as you guys did?

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: August 09, 2009, 06:18:26 am »

Hello guys! What's happened to this forum...us older members should come on more often  Smiley

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: August 26, 2009, 12:30:24 pm »

Hello guys! What's happened to this forum...us older members should come on more often  Smiley
Agreed! ... Yet, I come on here very rarely. Sad I do miss this place. But I have been stopping by every once in a while, yet there is never anything new or anything, so I normally just read the one new post pretty much, then go on my mary way. Sad

Hope everyone is doing good though! I know probably busy with tons of other things (I know I am).
:heart:
Clover
Melanie

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2434 on: August 29, 2009, 07:16:35 pm »

HELLO THERE!

Just thought I'd stop by. I read Kami's post from the last page about posting if we visit. It's sad, I haven't thought about this site in so long. I just had nothing to do and thought "hey, what about the ORG?" I really hate that it had to come to that. Sad So how is everyone? We should have an reunion or something because I really miss this place!

Pri

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: October 27, 2009, 05:03:55 pm »

HELLO my ORG friends!!!!  Man, have I missed you all!  It's been such a busy busy summer and beginning to fall.  It's crazy!  I'm a very happily married woman now and trying to get through the next semester of school while enduring regular daily work at my job.  It's not as bad as I'm making it sound...just a stressful day today, I guess.  I'm cheered to know that this forum and site still are hanging in here and are visited.  I miss the ORG and my daily visits.  I miss the activity and the fun, the connection, the way I'd get cheered up after a long hard day.  It's great to stop in and am so glad I did.

Hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying their life...whatever it is that you may be doing!  I wish you all nothing but happiness and rainbows!  I shall stop in again sometime, but for now, must be off for the evening~

Take very good care, my ORG friends!  See you again~

<<HUGS>>

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2436 on: November 05, 2009, 06:03:45 pm »

i'm starting to think this place is seriously dead. we need to get back up and running. i remember when people actually came here now it's just gone. i really hope Heidi comes back form whatever she's doing soon.

cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: January 15, 2010, 10:11:58 am »

I am thinking the same thing.  Although I only had my second anniversary here the other day, I really loved all of the hustle and bustle that went on around here and how fast the threads would grow.  Now it is like a ghost town.  I miss it all and everybody who used to be on here.  I know that there isn't really  anything new about Gilmore Girls but we can still keep up with what the actors from our one time favorite show are doing and their new shows and movies.  And keep up with each other. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Setrix
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 64

View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: January 24, 2010, 02:41:22 am »

It's nice to come back after a whole year has past Wink and still see recent posts on the board, even if it's only between two members.

I don't have much to say as I'm no longer a man of many words (who am I kidding? I never was), but I mirror a lot of what has been said here. I miss a lot of people from here, and have been looking to reconnect for quite a long while now, but it's been a lot harder than I would imagine. I suggest everyone who drops by here again to try and reconnect with those who they are no longer in contact with, via whatever means they can. Hopefully we can have that ORG reunion we were planning on having, someday soon in the future.

talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: January 25, 2010, 03:06:45 pm »

Sooks, keith, Heidi, everyone!!!

I have not been here in ages! I agree with everything that has been said. When i was back in school, i remember spending literally 4-5 hours here daily! I am so busy in the "real world" that i do not get to do this now. i think there are two major reasons why i have not been here 1. gilmore girls is over, as sad as that may be, 2. i am at uni and i really need to work hard, but i also have so many social activities going on, etc. in a way i am happy about my current lifestyle, because it is healthy, i spend my time in the "real world" having face to face conversations, doing sport, being part of activities, etc. On the other hand, i really loved the "internet world" i was part of for such a long time, even though i did not have face to face conversations here, they were still real conversations with real people, i have made some great friendships here and am trying to keep up with people, thanks so much to Heidi for creating this forum, and thanks to all members for making it such a special place.

i still have my secret santa gifts,both my forum t-shirts, my postcard from Heidi (i know i still owe you one btw., i promised i'd send you one, once i found the perfect one, i have something special in mind, might have to make it myself)...so many memories.

i remember the day melissa had her baby boy Andrew and her husband came online to keep us up to date (how very thoughtful), i remember winning forum contests and the joy it brought me, i remember endless sessions of off-topic chat and games, i remember the day i turned 19 and could officially be part over the over 19 thread, i remember waiting eagerly to find out the correct answer for heidis polls,

miss you all guys!!!

ps: i have been a member for almost 4 years
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:09:47 pm by talkingfriend » Logged

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2440 on: January 26, 2010, 12:50:07 pm »

I've been thinking about the ORG and Gilmore Girls a lot lately! I remember back when the show was still on, I couldn't imagine going to college without it, growing up with out it. It seems sorta stupid. It's just a TV show, right? But I don't really care. It was just so great and brought so much joy and happiness to my life when I was not really the happiest person.
Anyway, even though Gilmore Girls is no longer new, it's really uplifting to see people still around here. Even if it's only occasionally. Even too, it's so surprising how many people I've met that just LOVE Gilmore Girls! I've had so many mini-marathons in the past few months. It's pretty great.
Anyway, I love you all! I miss you all!
Stay awesome!

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: January 27, 2010, 03:57:01 pm »

Sooks, keith, Heidi, everyone!!!

I have not been here in ages! I agree with everything that has been said. When i was back in school, i remember spending literally 4-5 hours here daily! I am so busy in the "real world" that i do not get to do this now. i think there are two major reasons why i have not been here 1. gilmore girls is over, as sad as that may be, 2. i am at uni and i really need to work hard, but i also have so many social activities going on, etc. in a way i am happy about my current lifestyle, because it is healthy, i spend my time in the "real world" having face to face conversations, doing sport, being part of activities, etc. On the other hand, i really loved the "internet world" i was part of for such a long time, even though i did not have face to face conversations here, they were still real conversations with real people, i have made some great friendships here and am trying to keep up with people, thanks so much to Heidi for creating this forum, and thanks to all members for making it such a special place.

i still have my secret santa gifts,both my forum t-shirts, my postcard from Heidi (i know i still owe you one btw., i promised i'd send you one, once i found the perfect one, i have something special in mind, might have to make it myself)...so many memories.

i remember the day melissa had her baby boy Andrew and her husband came online to keep us up to date (how very thoughtful), i remember winning forum contests and the joy it brought me, i remember endless sessions of off-topic chat and games, i remember the day i turned 19 and could officially be part over the over 19 thread, i remember waiting eagerly to find out the correct answer for heidis polls,

miss you all guys!!!

ps: i have been a member for almost 4 years
Oh Marlies, your post made me feel sad! I miss the memories you mentioned too. Countless hours here, always having to check out the recently updated conversations in our threads, etc. Sad I sill have my secret santa gifts and look at them often. Gosh I really miss you guys and this place, even though I see some of you on Facebook. At least some of have that (thankfully).

Watching Gilmore Girls as I type. Season 2 - Teach Me Tonight.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:59:35 pm by kamibeaR » Logged

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: February 24, 2010, 08:01:42 pm »

I just posted a post similar to that above in the Off-topic thread...ahhhh, the memories!  Hours upon hours spent posting, waiting for others to post, then posting again!  What fun!  I really do miss this home we all came to love...and can't thank Heidi enough for creating such a place that brought so many wonderful individuals together and also taught me that one can never analyze a television show too much!  The many different ways that I would see an episode of the Gilmore Girls amazes me!  And I'll never forget watching the final episode of season 7 and sharing my tears with many of the members of the ORG!  What memories!  I'm in denial that we don't gather here every Tuesday in anticipation for the new episode and then day after day writing about GG and anything else we come up with.  Secret Santa, pen-pals, fan-art, book club, birthdays, ORG-aversaries....so many many wonderful memories!  I can't help but stop by from time to time to check on this wonderful piece of my heart~

To those that stop by here and there too, wishing you all the best!  Hope that life is grand!  And don't ever forget to enjoy each and every moment life has to offer! 

Cheers~

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: February 27, 2010, 08:00:20 pm »

what about a Gilmore Girls weekly rewatch, starting with the pilot?
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: April 14, 2010, 08:15:11 pm »

Melissa (Sooks)!!!! congrats on the marriage!!!! I hope you had an awesome wedding...

Wow. It really is how much has changed. My siblings would make fun of me for spending my high-school days in my room. But I didn't have much else to do and I loved it. Being here and talking with you guys made me so happy. You guys are great. It really is sad how much its changed, Gilmore Girls not airing does not give us a reason to stay intouch. We have all be growing up and having like Mariles said, real life stuff. I only have one year left of college. Everything is going by so fast. Haha I just looked and I have been a member since October 19, 2005, 02:52:02 PM. Wow does time fly. There really are so many great memories here. I had the highest amount of post for the longest time...don't know if that is pathetic, haha, but I was always proud of that. I wasn't even trying for it or really paying attention, I just was on here so much.

I love checking back in every now and again when I'm just sitting around on the computer thinking..humm, I haven't been there in a while. I love reading everyone's little updates, even if its been less than a page in over 6 months.

Hope you guys all are doing well! Thanks for being great friends and loyal Gilmore Girls fans!!!! ... so about the movie...come on, I SO want one to happen!!! Smiley  hahaha, which then just brought me back to all the speculations we used to do. It was so much fun. ok. i'll stop rambling.

Hearts

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 167
  Print  

Jump to: