GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 26, 2021, 11:38:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Was my recent dream about plasma screens an omen that my computer monitor would die?
No, don't be ridiculous! The two aren't even related. - 1 (2.6%)
Maybe, stranger things have happened. - 14 (36.8%)
Yes, now please have a dream about lottery numbers! - 15 (39.5%)
Heidi, quit making polls and go back to your liquid diet already. - 8 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 167
  Print  
Author Topic: Heidi's Soapbox: News, Opinions, and Things You Never Wanted to Know  (Read 1013540 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2400 on: January 21, 2009, 10:46:52 pm »

Heidi, I don't mean to be a pest but you never said how Wicked was! Hidden I'm listening to the soundtrack and that combined with being in the Soapbox reminded me!

Hi Kami,

I shall share my Wicked thoughts this weekend (dirty!) ... which seems to be about the time I will also reveal the poll results!  Eggsiting.

In similar news, the Pantages appears to have some really good shows coming up in 2009.  I want to see ...

- Grease
- Mamma Mia! (I saw it a few years back when it was in L.A./Hollywood)
- Dirty Dancing
- Legally Blonde

I'm most excited about Legally Blonde.  Though, I wish Laura Bell Bundy was with the touring company.  I think they'll all be worth seeing.  

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: January 23, 2009, 12:25:11 am »

Alright! A new poll. I went with the cheese thread. Cheesy

Wasn't there a common food element in the polls previously that you always voted for Brenda?  Oh no wait it was a Liquid diet comment wasn't it.  I read your post Brenda and though of that straight away.  Always made me laugh Cheesy.

Please read Forum Rules
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2402 on: January 23, 2009, 12:29:20 am »

Wasn't there a common food element in the polls previously that you always voted for Brenda?  Oh no wait it was a Liquid diet comment wasn't it.  I read your post Brenda and though of that straight away.  Always made me laugh Cheesy.

Next time, my friend.  Next time!  Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2403 on: January 25, 2009, 08:46:04 pm »

Star  Drum roll please! ...  Star

Wow, last time I checked the poll there were 15 votes and now we've made it to 21.  Three years later, it's nice to know that people still enjoy the Soapbox and reading about my shennanigans.  Thank you.  Chomp

Question:  What happened during my recent ORG Forum-related dream?

• I logged on to find the Forum had been hacked by highly trained monkeys that escaped from a top secret NASA facility - 4 (19%)
  • I came home after a day at work and someone had installed a GIANT plasma screen on my roof that displayed live Forum action - 6 (28.6%)
  • The Soapbox was taken over by a doppelganger name "Hiedi" and no one believed me when I called her an imposter - 4 (19%)
  • After voting, a new thread was created to promote the love of cheese and members started to upload photos of cheese from around the world - 3 (14.3%)
  • Here lies Heidi.  She died of shock after having over 1000 members online at once (beating the old record of 728) - 4 (19%)

Total Voters: 21

Congrats to those who voted correctly!  In my dream, not only was a giant plasma screen installed on my roof, but a smaller screen was also attached to my garage.  The last memory I have was Dream Heidi trying to remove the screen on the garage because she was worried someone was going to try and steal it.  It never occurred to her to try and figure out who, how, or why the screens appeared, she was only concerned someone was going to try and steal them.  The screens were also cool in that anytime the ORG Forum was updated with a new post, poll vote, someone coming online, etc., the screens would automatically show the most recent activity.  I totally wish I had a TV in real life that could do the same!

Star  Wicked! ...  Star

(Kami, this is for you!)  My Mom and I saw Wicked together back in November.  We'd been meaning to see it forever and with the show soon to leave town, we finally had the kick in the pants to get out and do it.  Word spread with family and friends that we were going to see it, and before we knew it there was a gaggle about 15 people going (which was more than I'd bargained for, but everyone ended up having an awesome time).

Our seats were great, the cast was great, the sets were great, the songs were great.  The whole show was great.  Snap  We even had the good fortune to see Megan Hilty as Glinda and Eden Espinosa as Elphaba.  Little did I know at the time that Megan and Eden originated the roles in Los Angeles and came back for the final performances.  (Kami, if you have any specific questions for me, I'd be happy to answer them!)

Star  Australia! ...  Star

I also finally got around to watching Australia (the movie).  Sadly, I'd heard nothing but bad things since the film was released, but I was quite eager to see it anyway.  I'm happy to report that while it wasn't awesome, it definitely wasn't bad either.  I didn't feel like I'd wasted two hours of my life and nor was I constantly checking my watch through the movie (two signs of an epic failure).

There were definitely some cheese-ball aspects to the movie, but done well ... I love cheese.  Wink  Plus, it was directed and co-written by Baz Luhrmann.  Most of his movies have that cheese-y feel.  You just need to embrace it.

I'm not Australian and I haven't heard whether or not Aussies have embraced the movie, but at the very least it's a beautiful film.  http://media.outnow.ch/movies/images/2008/Australia/movie.ws/04.jpg

Goooood times!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: January 25, 2009, 10:37:31 pm »

Censor
What did I tell myself? "Kami, vote for the plasma. It's right." I failed again! Ah well. Funny dream story nonetheless. I love it!

Yay Wicked!! Thank you Heidi Smiley. Not shocking to all but I do have specific questions, LOL. That's so awesome that you were able to see Megan and Eden! I saw Eden in '07, and the Glinda standby, Emily Rozek who were both fantastic. Although I will never had the chance to see Megan, I do know from fan reviews that she is quite amazing. I've watched Youtube clips of her and I wish I could have seen her Popular. She's hilarious.

I'm most curious with which song you enjoyed the most, and what you thought of the finale. I think it's completely heartbeaking, and some say bittersweet. Also, are you more for Glinda or Elphaba? Elphie all the way! She's actually now one of my all time favorite fictional characters (book and the show). My mind is drawing a blank, but I'll leave you with these. Wink Thanks Heidi!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:39:35 pm by kamibeaR » Logged

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: January 30, 2009, 06:20:35 pm »

Wow! I've missed quite a bit...and a poll to boot!! Sad

I love the dream, Heidi! I'd be worried about the screens as well I think, not just about someone stealing them but getting wet or too hot or something. It is funny that you never wondered why or how they got there. haha I had to laugh! IT would be super cool to have a screen that updated like in your dream though.

Is Wicked done in LA now? I'd love to see it, hopefully it will still be in Chicago this summer when I'm hoping to get t here to visit some friends. I'm dying to see the show - I'm so needing a new modern musical since RENT isn't touring any more.

Australia looks like a beautiful movie, I'm glad to know that you didn't think it was bad like so many others have felt. I am interested in finding out what Australian natives think of the movie.

Can't wait for the next poll, Heidi. And what makes you think we wouldn't still be interested in the creator and mind behind something we hold so near and dear to our hearts?!?!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2406 on: February 01, 2009, 06:29:55 pm »

I'm most curious with which song you enjoyed the most, and what you thought of the finale. I think it's completely heartbeaking, and some say bittersweet. Also, are you more for Glinda or Elphaba? Elphie all the way! She's actually now one of my all time favorite fictional characters (book and the show). My mind is drawing a blank, but I'll leave you with these. Wink Thanks Heidi!

1.  I definitely liked 'Popular' a lot, but I'm guessing 99% of people would give that as an answer.  Wink  'Defying Gravity' and 'For Good' also ranked among my favorites, but it's quite hard to pick ... the music was solid throughout.  And yes, I'd agree that the ending is bittersweet.  I'm probably going to do a poor job of expressing my feelings, but as a watcher you do get a sense of happiness/everything will be okay ... but it's not as if there's a complete happy ending for everyone.  Overall though, you're left with more good feelings than sad/bad (at least I was).  And I think that's okay.  Not every tale has to be wrapped with a shiny bow.  Oh, and I would be more of an Elphie.  Snap

Can't wait for the next poll, Heidi. And what makes you think we wouldn't still be interested in the creator and mind behind something we hold so near and dear to our hearts?!?!

2.  Mel, that's kind of you to say!  Any suggestions for the next poll?

3.  I recently made a post in the Off Topic thread, if anyone would like to give it a read.

4.  Check out my new site.  LOLz.   

Happy weekend to all!

~Heidi
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:31:28 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: February 01, 2009, 10:36:42 pm »

Heidi - I only speak the truth! Wink I will have to think of a suggestion for the next poll but I'll come back... Grin

I love the new site!! I definitely could use the 'hang in there' poster at my desk at work lately. Smiley So cute!!! Made me smile! and smile!

I'm off to go read the post in the off-topic thread now...

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: February 08, 2009, 08:14:33 pm »

1.  I definitely liked 'Popular' a lot, but I'm guessing 99% of people would give that as an answer.  Wink  'Defying Gravity' and 'For Good' also ranked among my favorites, but it's quite hard to pick ... the music was solid throughout.  And yes, I'd agree that the ending is bittersweet.  I'm probably going to do a poor job of expressing my feelings, but as a watcher you do get a sense of happiness/everything will be okay ... but it's not as if there's a complete happy ending for everyone.  Overall though, you're left with more good feelings than sad/bad (at least I was).  And I think that's okay.  Not every tale has to be wrapped with a shiny bow.  Oh, and I would be more of an Elphie.  Snap
Snaps, I love, love, love 'Defying Gravity.' It's so amazing, and that's what I was most excited to see when I saw the show. I was only aware of Popular and Defying when I went into it due to the ads, and I wanted everything else to be a surprise. When that part started I wasn't even aware until I heard a hint of the music and my heart skipped a beat because I was thinking "OMG this is it!" My jaw dropped and everything after "... it's me! It's meeeeeee!" and until the finish. Oh my heavens. I was teary eyed too. Nod 'Popular' is so fun too! While I was pulled in from the very start, it wasn't until 'The Wizard and I' that I thought (and even whispered to my sister) "this is truly amazing." It is true that the finale gives the sense everything will my okay, but it's just sad how Glinda will never know. But maybe deep inside she does. Anyway, I'm happy you loved it. Smiley Nice new site by the way, LOL.

Yay for a new poll!

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: February 14, 2009, 05:24:20 pm »

How delighted I was to find a new poll when I logged in again!! Thanks, Heidi!!

By the way - just how is that liquid diet going? Tongue

Happy Valentine's Day, ORG Friends! Hearts

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: February 26, 2009, 07:46:52 am »

Hope everyone had a great Mardi Gras!!

Heidi, I LOVE you polls, sorry I don't come around too often Sad

You are doing a great job with this place and its AWESOME! Cheesy

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: March 03, 2009, 06:40:48 pm »

Hey Mela!! Happy to see you!

Let's see...new poll?? How about something to do with basketball, seeing as March is 'March Madness' month. Don't know if you like basketball or not...just an idea. I'll keep thinking. Your polls are always intriguing and fun!!

Hope everyone's having a fantastic week!!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: March 26, 2009, 11:59:06 am »

Happy Belated Birthday Heidi!!
Gift Hearts

I feel so bad for missing a ton of birthdays within the past months. I haven't posted in forever. Sad

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: April 20, 2009, 12:47:26 pm »

What is going on?!
I'm not on since Feb 26th...and there is only 2 posts?

Hope everyone is ok!

Nice to see you too SOOKS!

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: April 23, 2009, 11:37:31 am »

What is going on?!
I'm not on since Feb 26th...and there is only 2 posts?

Hope everyone is ok!

Nice to see you too SOOKS!

Sad I know... When I check in, there is hardly anything to read. There are new posts, but not like we used to have. We can't let our fam bam drift away! We must get everyone back here.

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 167
  Print  

Jump to: