GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 20, 2022, 04:17:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Was my recent dream about plasma screens an omen that my computer monitor would die?
No, don't be ridiculous! The two aren't even related. - 1 (2.6%)
Maybe, stranger things have happened. - 14 (36.8%)
Yes, now please have a dream about lottery numbers! - 15 (39.5%)
Heidi, quit making polls and go back to your liquid diet already. - 8 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 167
  Print  
Author Topic: Heidi's Soapbox: News, Opinions, and Things You Never Wanted to Know  (Read 1063429 times)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1875 on: November 18, 2007, 01:22:41 pm »

I would like to take  a moment to point out, that Presents?! I'm on a liquid diet, has the 3rd highest number of votes!!

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: November 18, 2007, 04:18:15 pm »

I think at my house we eat around 3 or 4. My mom doesn't want to be in the kitchen until like 9 at night...I wouldn't want to either. I help her clean up because it's the least I can do. With the 2 of us, we're done maybe by 7. Of course if my dad and brother helped we'd be done much sooner but the men don't want to be bothered with clean up  :Smiley If we ate later then my mom and I wouldn't be able to lie on her bed, look through the massive amounts of advertisements that come in the paper, and watch TV (Grey's Anatomy on Thanksgiving is McAwesome!)

There's only 21 votes, *tear*  Cry  At what point will we have to start recruiting  Cheesy

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: November 19, 2007, 02:20:23 am »

At our house Thanksgiving dinner is all based on the turkey and when it's done.  Normally everyone is already at whatever house as early as the night before, so the actual eating time really isn't an issue.  We normally munch on everthing else until the turkey is about ready and then we prepare everything else like warming the rolls and finishing up the tators.  It usually works out being midafternoon, quite possibly 3-ish.

I finally voted, but I'm sure I'll be wrong again.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: November 19, 2007, 06:27:38 am »

We usually eat around 5ish. I think some people do eat a bit early, but 3?? Wow, lol. Also, Seni you guys have Christmas lunch at 10am?? That calls for another wow! Wink

Grin Grin Yeah, but when you think about it it's so cool, it's still morning so I can eat much, so I don't over eat. And of course there's always food for like five families, thank God  Smiley

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: November 20, 2007, 11:41:03 am »

haha. I voted for Christmas eve...have you told us before?  I know you told us about how your family celebrates the birthday's, for the month Smiley

yay for new secret santa!!

weather here is pretty warm/nice, but i'm leaving really soon to go back to NJ, and apparenty it snowed a lot yesterday and there is 8+ inches on the ground.

I hope you all have a super great thanksgiving!!!!!!! Cheesy  *yummy*

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: November 23, 2007, 11:32:34 pm »

Hope y'all are having/had a great Thanksgiving.

29 votes is all we have still.  If we don't motor soon Heidi will have opened all her presents already and we still won't know the answer.  A recruiting spree may be in order real soon Embarrassed Grin.

Please read Forum Rules
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: November 24, 2007, 05:14:48 pm »

30 VOTES!! I don't know HOW I could have forgot to come back an vote! I have though and now we just need 6 more! Let's go!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! (To those that celebrate the holiday) And if not, everyone has the weekend so hope that's going well for you too!

Take care!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: November 24, 2007, 09:23:11 pm »

Just voted. Smiley

I didn't check the poll results before I voted and apparently I'm the only one (so far) who think's that Heidi and the fam bam open their gifts on Christmas Day.

5 votes to go!

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1883 on: November 25, 2007, 09:52:23 pm »

Hi gang,

I'm posting this on both GilmoreGirls.org and SamanthaWho.org, so please forgive me if you read it twice.

I want to apologize for my inactivity as of late. It's definitely not from lack of interest or lack of wanting to participate.  In the 'real world' I work for an Internet company and, as with many companies, Q4 is a very busy time of the year for us.  In fact, Q4 is an especially hectic and stressful time in regards to my job in particular. 

For the last month I've been going non-stop and haven't had much time at all for anything non-work related.  In itself, that cut down on my ORG time, but the long hours and little sleep finally caught up with me and I've been truly exhausted and rundown for the last week (tired, weak, and all that jazz).

Anyway, I'm not trying to create a sob story.  I just wanted to let everyone know that there's a real reason why I haven't been around.  I'm trying to take it easy, get some reason, and I hope to be back to full speed soon.  Snap

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: November 26, 2007, 10:52:11 am »

Heidi, please take care of yourself and make sure you rest enough...
We miss you sweetie!  Kiss

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: November 26, 2007, 12:22:52 pm »

Rest up well Heidi.  It sounds like you need it!  Plus soon you will need all the strength you can muster to make your poll post as our votes are closing in.  Not too mention that soon you shall know who you have been paired with for Secret Santa and then the fun of choosing and sending a gift will create so much excitement that a tired and weak body just wouldn't cope Wink.

Be well Kiss

And to all my fellow Org'ers......Vote.  Vote.  Vote. Grin

Speaking of voting, we just had our federal election over this past weekend and Australia now has a new power in government after 11 and a half years!!!!!! Shocked

Please read Forum Rules
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1886 on: November 26, 2007, 12:50:37 pm »

It was the guy who went on Rove, right? I liked him, he was funny!!

Heidi - we can understand you have a 'real' life that needs tending to!!! I hope you can gets lots of rest, and can be back enjoying your org in no time!

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: November 26, 2007, 06:14:40 pm »

Yup that's him Kate.  I missed that appearance on Rove, but I'm told by a few people that it's quite funny!

Just thought I'd mention that the Org is merely 6 members away from reaching the 12,000 mewmber mark.  Now I know they don't all visit here regularly, but at some point these people felt the need to sign up and be a part of our wonderful community and that's pretty special!

I think it can be largely attributed to our wonderful Org Goddess Heidi.  Thanks again for all that you do and the wonderful place that you have created Heidi.

Star

Please read Forum Rules
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: November 26, 2007, 06:47:18 pm »

I think it can be largely attributed to our wonderful Org Goddess Heidi.  Thanks again for all that you do and the wonderful place that you have created Heidi.

Star

Also, the amazing show Gilmore Girls that has inspired such passion!  Hearts  Not all shows warrant such rich discussion and interest - it was truly a special ride for seven seasons.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: November 26, 2007, 11:02:10 pm »

11,999 members.  OMG!!!  It's gonna happen soon.

Grin

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 167
  Print  

Jump to: