Poll

Was my recent dream about plasma screens an omen that my computer monitor would die?

No, don't be ridiculous! The two aren't even related.
1 (2.6%)
Maybe, stranger things have happened.
14 (36.8%)
Yes, now please have a dream about lottery numbers!
15 (39.5%)
Heidi, quit making polls and go back to your liquid diet already.
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Heidi's Soapbox: News, Opinions, and Things You Never Wanted to Know  (Read 1147966 times)

Offline MasBYUgal

• Inn Concierge
  • Community Points: 595
  • Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07
    • View Profile
Re: Heidi's Soapbox: News, Opinions, and Things You Never Wanted to Know
« Reply #1800 on: October 24, 2007, 03:41:06 am »
Yeah! :highfive:  I'm glad to hear that you're ok.  Thanks for checking in.   I can't imagine what it would be like to see the sky that way.  My husband grew up in Orange County and when he sees the news he remembers days like that, when there were fires.  On the news they said there are embers as big as milk cartons, I can't even picture that!  And ASH everywhere, wow!
I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B

Offline Sooks

• Inn Bellhop
  • Community Points: 1464
  • Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: October 24, 2007, 05:39:31 pm »
Oh Heidi I'm so glad that you're OK! The way you describe it, it sounds like the aftermath of a volcano erupting. That's how my aunt and uncle in Olympia explained the erruption of Mt. St. Helen's. It was ash all over the place and in every nook and cranny...it was crazy. I would think the sky would look pretty crazy at times. Is there any hope in sight of when the fires might die down or be able to be put out? I need to watch the news tonight to catch up. But, again, I'm so glad that you're safe and sound right now!

Hope that everyone else in that area is safe too!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~

Offline the girls4ever

• Town Selectman
  • Community Points: 727
  • He's Dazzling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 28, 2007, 08:28:32 pm »
I just realized I haven't voted in the poll yet  :o

I gave it a lot of thought (seriously  :D ) and went with turkey on wheat bread with tomato, lettuce, and pickles. It seems like a healthy option, but I don't know how into healthy food Heidi is  :P

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits

Offline kamibeaR

• Diner Chef
  • Community Points: 452
  • Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: October 29, 2007, 02:56:24 pm »
I just realized I haven't voted in the poll yet  :o

I gave it a lot of thought (seriously  :D ) and went with turkey on wheat bread with tomato, lettuce, and pickles. It seems like a healthy option, but I don't know how into healthy food Heidi is  :P
Hehe, I almost went for that choice! I was really debating on that and the BLT. In the end I went with the tuna on pita.. and now I wish I could revote because I have a feeling that I'm wrong! I was the 30th vote, so only 6 more to go!
*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

:hearts: Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner

Offline honkifuluvGG

• Pretty Town Spinster
  • Community Points: 1944
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: October 29, 2007, 07:49:49 pm »
I think I may very sadly, and pathetically have to go trolling the boards for voters again.  Seriously it kills me waiting this long for the answers  :D.

I thought they all sounded like reasonable choices but in the end went with the BLT.

Have those fires subsided yet?

Please read Forum Rules

Offline kamibeaR

• Diner Chef
  • Community Points: 452
  • Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 29, 2007, 08:00:29 pm »
I think I may very sadly, and pathetically have to go trolling the boards for voters again.  Seriously it kills me waiting this long for the answers  :D.

I thought they all sounded like reasonable choices but in the end went with the BLT.

Lol Caryn. You troll the boards for voters?? I'd expect something like that from you. ;)

The fires have subsided. I believe the only active one is in San Diego, and last I heard it was about 65% contained. I feel so sad for the families that lost their home. My sisters friend Andy, has a grandmother who lives in San Diego and she had a little hut behind her house where she kept paintings. It was burned down but the main house was untouched. Very lucky.
*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

:hearts: Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner

Offline dancer1012

• Town Elder
  • Community Points: 528
  • I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: October 31, 2007, 03:46:05 pm »
I think I may very sadly, and pathetically have to go trolling the boards for voters again. Seriously it kills me waiting this long for the answers :D.

This time Caryn didn't have to come 'trolling' for me this time. I came on my own this time.
Can't wait to find out what the answer is.

:hearts:
Mary
*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..

Offline x_ch0c0

• Inn Chef
  • Community Points: 492
  • xxx Pri
    • View Profile
    • My FanArt
« Reply #1807 on: October 31, 2007, 07:37:31 pm »
Hehe, I love the person who chose "Sandwich?! I'm on a liquid diet!"

I chose the BLT. Woooo. But since it's healthy-ish... I should be eating that. I'm kinda stuffing my face with candy today. SIGH. Hopefully I won't gain like 84328364307 pounds by tomorrow.

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. :) Bye bye, ORG.

Offline Heidi

• Administrator
  • Diner Chef
  • Community Points: 648
    • View Profile
    • GilmoreGirls.org
« Reply #1808 on: October 31, 2007, 07:46:41 pm »
Hehe, I love the person who chose "Sandwich?! I'm on a liquid diet!"

I chose the BLT. Woooo. But since it's healthy-ish... I should be eating that. I'm kinda stuffing my face with candy today. SIGH. Hopefully I won't gain like 84328364307 pounds by tomorrow.

What if I really was on a liquid diet, eh?  ;)

And if you did gain 84328364307 pounds by tomorrow ... I'd be impressed.  Sad for you, worried about your health, but impressed.  :V

~Heidi
:flame:    :flame:

Offline I LUV JESS~!!

• Inn Chef
  • Community Points: 598
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: November 01, 2007, 05:21:29 pm »
Hehe, I just know Pri's gonna come out with "[[SARCASM]] people!". ;) I've been eating so much candy that I wouldn't be surprised if I gained  84328364307 pounds by tomorrow. I actually started my diet the day before Halloween, and yeah, what a crazy idea! Tomorrow it's back to pita bread and Crystal Light. :D
Brenda :hearts:
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight :hearts: x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b

Offline honkifuluvGG

• Pretty Town Spinster
  • Community Points: 1944
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: November 01, 2007, 05:32:22 pm »
Heh!  Really a liquid diet Heidi?  Somehow I'm just not seeing it!.  A girl that's as active as you needs a good solid snack occasionally.

Brenda, that was a wickedly brave move to attempt to start a diet the day before Halloween.  I'm guessing it didn't quite work by the rest of your post.

Still sitting on 31 votes.  Come on people, get with the programme.  Vote vote vote!!  And if you've voted, enlist your friends to vote!  And if they've voted, get them to get their friends to vote.  And if they've voted.... :D Well, you can see where this is going.  Surely my desparation is sad enough for somebody to take pity on me and scrounge up some voters! :-[ ;D

Please read Forum Rules

Offline Lovefiend

• Yale Alumnus
  • Community Points: 905
  • Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF
    • View Profile
    • Twitttttterrr
« Reply #1811 on: November 01, 2007, 09:13:08 pm »
back to pita bread and Crystal Light
EEeeeeew !!  :-X
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 09:14:47 pm by Lovefiend »

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink

indiecoffee

« Reply #1812 on: November 02, 2007, 08:08:53 am »
oh contrare..or however you spell that.  I had a most delicious pita bread sandwich the other day and have been craving another ever since!  It was pita with some chicken salad inside, with lettuce and tomato.  It was soooooo good!  I got it at a little place up by the Catawba Peninsula on Lake Erie, if anyone knows where that is, haha!  Its kind of close to Cedar Point and Put-In-Bay.  My family has a boat up there and we keep it at a marina on the peninsula.  I love going to that restaurant, its soooo good!

Offline x_ch0c0

• Inn Chef
  • Community Points: 492
  • xxx Pri
    • View Profile
    • My FanArt
« Reply #1813 on: November 02, 2007, 02:40:53 pm »
What if I really was on a liquid diet, eh? ;)

And if you did gain 84328364307 pounds by tomorrow ... I'd be impressed. Sad for you, worried about your health, but impressed. :V

~Heidi

If you WERE on a liquid diet, I'd make a trip to California, stalk down your house, and stick some meat down your throat. But you know, it's cause I care for you. =) THIS GOES TO EVERYONE ELSE, TOO!

Liquid diet? Not cool.

Sigh. If I gained that many pounds, I would kill myself before my fat folds over me and I die. Imagine that. I'd suffocate!

PITA BREAD AND CRYSTAL LIGHT, BRENDA? You must be CRAZY girl! I honestly cannot live without chocolate. If you just added just a sprinkle of chocolate on that pita bread, no matter how nasty it is, I'd be proud of you.

I love how everyone's actually copying and pasting the number of pounds. HA!

"And they would get their friends to vote, and their friends, and their brothers, and their parents, and their cousins, and their aunts, and their uncles, and their grandparents, and everyone else in the world until we get over 5 billion votes, or the world's population who don't have a clue what Gilmore Girls [or English] is." - Caryn ;)

La la laaa.... I NEED A NEW SIG. Gosh.

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. :) Bye bye, ORG.

Offline Lovefiend

• Yale Alumnus
  • Community Points: 905
  • Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF
    • View Profile
    • Twitttttterrr
« Reply #1814 on: November 02, 2007, 03:41:32 pm »
If I gained that many pounds, I would kill myself before my fat folds over me and I die. Imagine that. I'd suffocate!

On the bright side, you'd set a new world record before you died :D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 03:42:41 pm by Lovefiend »

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink