GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 22, 2021, 01:53:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fans over 50 - who is out there?  (Read 120178 times)
wolfspirit768
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 63

sometimes all you can do is howl when in pain

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: June 20, 2007, 12:04:10 am »

Sick ok so it's been a long time since i've posted or been on. I've been woking and since moved out of a hotel which was sucking the cash and life outta me since i had to work 22 hours of overtime to pay for it.Wow that was a run on sentence.  Nod  Celebrate very soon I'll be celebrating a year closer to death and hope i don't have to work. Had a trip to the hospital for some shots to help my back but spent a better part of a day or so sick hugging the toilett.It seams to be a depends week and my wheelchair is long over due for a tune up and maybe some new wheels.  Smash Just thought i'd pop in and say hi to everyone  High Five i'm off to my chair for a few hours of sleep and will be back soon again. until then smile and be happy. oh and drink lots and lots of coffee  Coffee

Coffee I prefer my coffee intravenous but if i have to use a cup make it a really big one.Coffee
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 20, 2007, 10:54:38 pm »

Lynnieeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! You're alive! Yea! You should come here more often so we can play games and stuff. For those who don't know, Wolfspirit768 (aka: Lynn) is my sister and she has a birthday coming up on July 5 so everyone has to sing Happy Birthday to her then. She's been working so hard. Hopefully she will come on here more often. MY birthday is July 27 so we'll all have to party here in the old folks thread. The body feels old but the mind isn't so I will continue to think young and get my body to eventually feel as young as my age.

Have a fabulous day! Grin Oh and Lynnie if you need a fire extinguisher to blow out your birthday candles, I'll wrap one up in pretty paper and mail it out to you. Hehehe! :Smiley Grin
Until next time......As Lynn would say..."Where ever you be let your wind be free!!" Grin Gotta go have some chocolate pudding now!  Kiss Lori

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
reallifegilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

lor & luke forever

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2007, 07:34:29 pm »

Celebrate Celebrate Happy Birthday Lynnie!

I am back too - my daughter's wedding last Saturday - 070707 - was absolutely fabulous - she wore her hair long and loosely curled like lor - had the perfect gown - everything went perfectly

And now I'm a mother-in-law!!

Wow

How is zeddie?
zeddie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 02, 2007, 07:01:06 am »

Hey y'all   World

i went to the mall and was wandering around at the Walmart and they finally came from the home to collect me. WHEW. What an adventure! The water at Walmart is served in these BIG porcelain bowls - but you have to be quick because all of a sudden they just swirl away! It is crazy!  Coffee Coffee Coffee  i need coffee.

i am gonna go back and scan a few entries. 

THANKS FOR BEING ALIVE!

And all my compassion to Minnesota for that terrible bridge incident.  If you know KATIE from Minnesota = (young person) give her a shout out -( i am gonna leave her a message)

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 02, 2007, 12:14:35 pm »

Aww, I missed all the birthdays. Sad My daughter's was the 24th, but we had to do the family tour over the weekend, so all in all, busy busy busy.

Happy returns to those who have clocked one more year of making the world into a place with them in it. Keep up the good work!

Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2007, 11:21:22 pm »

As my sister said earlier... I celebrated one year closer to death on July 27th. I am now 43 though my body feels much older. I still haven't had my birthday cake yet! Although if you read in the over 30 thread you can read about my birthday fun with my daughter. I'm actaully sick right now with a really bad sinus infection so I'm not going to stay on much today. I'm wiped out. Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive.

have a great day! Grin Lori

Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 03, 2007, 08:17:35 am »

Last night as i left the Panera bread restaurant with a modest salad, i met a old friend entering. His name is John, he is a local on-air weather talent. At first he thought i was just some "fan" who recognized him, then i had to tell him who i was.  Then he remembered me, though it has been like 20 years! I must have looked like crap to him. He looked really good, so i think he MUST have had face work done! Why not, if you are on the air.

His piece was looking better also. HEHEHE. We chatted just for 30 seconds - TOO HOT to even stand outside.  He had run into some other old cronies at our State Fair. And we both echoed the sentiment of some others on this thread.

"We are still alive!"
"Yeah, we're all still around somewhere..."

It was sort of comforting. Although, i still think he had face work.  Tongue

Before facelift....  Angry
Immediately after facelift   Cool
Four weeks After facelift...   Smiley

Bad facelift   Undecided

Ok, old joke, have played it before. HEY = Lorid i bought some of those MBT shoes - but i think they sold me the wrong size! In fact i am quite sure they did.

Later.

IN OMNIA PARATUS
vietvet1
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 03, 2007, 09:40:49 am »

This is fun. I like reading all the stuff you youngsters are writing. I'm almost 60 now and still have dreams about Vietnam. My biggest worry right now is that my stepson will come back alive from Iraq. He should be home in a couple of weeks. He's got 4 kids that really miss him, plus a wife and a mother. I DO know that he'll be a different person. War does that.
I feel that, since the GG people don't want to do any more shows, a movie would be the next logical step. I'd pay to see it.
How about you oldies?
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2007, 11:05:16 pm »

I don't think they'd do a movie for theatrical release but if they did I would definately go see it. My concern is that although ASP has shown interest in doing a GG movie the CW might not be interested. I read somewhere that the CW doesn't show movies on their network just series. I think it was a recent interview with Dawn Ostroff. Maybe she would change her mind if enough fans show support for a GG movie.

Hey Z! It's nice to see you're alive! I'm good, sweating my butt off but good. I guess it beats freezing in your house during the winter huh Z! I have the itch to write so bad but I have  no idea how to write on a computer since I can't handwrite stories anymore. I would love to write GG fanfics cause I have some great story ideas but I'm a computer phobe and can't figure how to get the stories from my head to the computer or how to post for others to read. Oh well, I may be another year older but I'm also funnier so I'll just have to post my little "Gilmore Moment" anecdotes here or on the over 30 thread.

OK it's 11pm and I'm STILL sweating like a pig (and boob sweat is SOOO attractive let me tell ya) so I'm going to move on now before I melt into a puddle like the wicked witch of the west and some stray dog comes along and laps me up! THAT would be a memorable passing now wouldn't it?!

Have a great day everone! It's nice to see this thread come back to life again. Until next time..... Stay cool! Cool Lori

zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 17, 2007, 07:01:31 am »

Lorid-

(SEE LAUREN GRAHAM NOTE BELOW)

YOU MUST get into the computer age! I too was an idiot,   Shocked EVEN THO i am a whiz at editing - both linear and nonlinear(nonlinear being computer) - but i never learned to do the SIMPLE computer stuff, like opening a document. Computer people always attempt to make us feel SO DUMB just because they had Computer Training at the local retard school.  HA. i say back to them. "Yes, well, i have other talents, and by the way, could you edit a major motion picture, because I COULD." So i can't read a stupid email SO WHAT. It's just crap in there anyway...." SPAM and other mystery meats.  Undecided

HEY - HEY HEY - i happened to be reading the last page of InStyle Magazine - July 2007 issues, (Yeah, ok, i grabbed it from off the floor on my way to the crapper, so what of it...) WELLLL who do you think i found on that last page? LAUREN GRAHAM giving her comments about STUFF - SO - if you happen to have a copy of ..

InStyle July 2007 - go to the end page to find Lauren Graham's picture and comments.  ACTUALLY IT IS PAGE 208 right near the end. AND

SHE MAKES A WONDER WOMAN REFERENCE!  ok, i realize i am MONTHS late on this, but until i start flipping back to front, i never make it back there on magazines. If this is old news, sue me...   Tongue

I am truly sorry to hear about the various ailments. And yeah, boob sweat is THE WORST.
LATER.

IN OMNIA PARATUS
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2007, 08:13:12 pm »

Hey Z nice to see you're still kicking! Guess what I'm doing? I'm writing a Gilmore Girls fan fiction on fanfiction.net. here's the link if anyone want to read it. It's called "A Mother's Hope" by Loridhhp www.fanfiction.net/s/3764695/1/A_Mothers_Hope Please read and review everyone. It's my first fan fiction and people are really loving it. I'm writing chapter 8 now and I'll probably post it tomorrow. It's actually writing itself. It needs to be written. Basically, an event happens just prior to Rory's Yale graduation that has profound effects on Lorelai, Rory  and everyone else. There will be great Lorelai and Emily interactions and Luke will definitely be a big part. It's very angsty and dramatic but the characters are still pretty true to themselves (or at least as best as can be in the circumstances). It will be a metaphysical/spiritual fanfic but not overtly religious, more along the lines of "The Secret" or "Way Of The Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Millman, more about finding inner balance and strength to overcome life's trials and tribulations. Please read and review each chapter with constructive criticism and enjoy it. You don't have to have an account on fanfiction.net to review (although if you did Zeddie,I would totally read your stories!) just click on the review button on the bottom of each chapter. I feel old next to these kids (teenagers) who are writing fanfics there but there are some great stories, even by the kiddies. Grin I'd like reviews from some wise old birds like myself so please check it out. It would be great to read something more than "Great story! Please update!"

Just wanted to fill everyone in with what I'm doing to combat my GG withdrawal! Grin Have a great day! Grin Lori

zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 23, 2007, 05:29:33 am »

Lorid, that is very cool i will check it out, but more importantly, have you escaped fire to your neighborhood?

PLEASE GIVE AN UPDATE ON THE CALIFORNIA FIRE SITUATION RE: FORUM READERS HERE. I will go to over 30, etc too - i know many of you live there and i have been fretting about this along with the rest of the country that has been watching in horror!

GOD BLESS AND BE SAFE.

IN OMNIA PARATUS
vietvet1
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 23, 2007, 06:54:04 am »

To Lorid and Zeddie;

I know I'm an old fart, but this vet has learned a thing or three about 'puters. There's a wonderful program out there and it may have been upgraded since I last saw it. It's called "IBM via voice". You load it onto your machine and train it to recognize your voice patterns. Yes, just like in Star Trek. Then you can start dictating over a microphone and all your words appear on the screen.
"It's just like magic!" (Harry Potter-The Chamber Of Secrets). You will, of course, have to have some techno-savvy to begin with, but, in the end, it should lighten the creative load of writing. After all, writing is just taking the ideas out of your head and storing them somewhere, usually on paper or on a hard drive.
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 24, 2007, 12:24:40 am »

Hey vietvet 1 (I'm a Navy vet myself). I figured how to use Word and I'm writing chapter 15 of my story, so please everyone go read and review and let me know how you like it. The link is above. Reviewing works better if you use Firefox as your browser. IE has problems on fanfiction.net. I had to download Firefox in order to even post my chapters and be able to review.

Now about the wildfires in southern California... I live near San Diego, out in the east county, where the fires are all around me. I've been staying inside for days because the smoke irritates my eyes, throat and lungs. It's so surreal because, while the sky is clear, the sun is blocked by the brown smoke that is everywhere. It's been really hot and extremely dry, with Santa Ana winds whipping the fires and causing them to spread faster. I haven't had to be evacuated yet, but I'm watching the constant TV coverage to make sure the fires aren't moving in the direction of my town. I tried to go to the local Subway sandwich shop to get something for dinner tonight, and couldn't get down the road it was on. It was blocked with police cars with flares. I forgot that an evacuation site had been set up at one of our high schools, so the road was blocked and I guess only evacuees were allowed down it. Santee even has set up an evacuation site for animals including horses and other livestock at the local airport. The airport is small, for small planes. So while the fires are going on all around me, I'm doing ok and hanging in there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to be evacuated. My daughter is in a residential facility up in Riverside County and there are fires up there as well. Luckily, she's fine and isn't in any danger of having to be evacuated. Her birthday is coming up. I hope they open highway 15 so I can get up to see her. Right now there is fire going across the highway where I travel to visit my daughter. Hell or wildfires won't keep me from spending my daughter's birthday with her! I will find a way.

Anyway, I'm ok and just riding this out. I went through wildfires 4 years ago that came practically in my backyard so this isn't as bad for me. Have a great day everyone!  Grin  Lori

zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 07, 2007, 07:24:29 am »

Hello and Hello all.

Wow - i've been away.  Others too. Thanks VietVet!  Ok, then here is my speech for today.

SUPPORT, GIVE YOUR PIGGY BANK TO, REGISTER REPUBLICAN AND VOTE IN YOUR PRIMARIES FOR

Smitten Celebrate Flame Hearts USA USA USA USA USA USA USA RON PAUL  USA USA USA USA USA USA USA Smitten Celebrate Hearts Flame

IN OMNIA PARATUS
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
  Print  

Jump to: