GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 22, 2021, 01:48:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Fans over 50 - who is out there?  (Read 120177 times)
zeddie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2007, 08:21:03 am »

Well, i am proposing that all those people who kindly stopped smoking, will now have something to blow toward the couple at the next table, you see?   Grin Before, when some child was irritating, a man could just blow his cigarette smoke in that direction, hinting to the parents, and saying "touche!" With my new law, this same man, who has given up smoking for his health, will be able to deliver a one cheek sneak, thererfore, still having something to blow toward the offending child. Sort of saying, TUSH!.

And, in the end (no pun intended), farting is not as bad for the environment. I am pretty sure my bill will pass gas in the Senate,  Tongue  lots of old wind bags in there........... i am not so sure about the House.  Huh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF4P4Y9YS8Q&mode=related&search=

some amazing photos of polar bears.  Are you all awing and oohing over KNUT? i sure am.  How precious. i just want to touch him - feel his fur. I hope he stays healthy, etc.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 09:00:28 am by zeddie » Logged

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
vietvet1
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2007, 11:07:26 am »

I have no shame in saying I'm 58. Yeah, I like watching the show. I served during the Vietnam War. I lost 10 good buddies. I still don't see how characters like Kirk can exist without a daily punch or slap from Luke for his idiocy.
As for Luke, if you're gonna talk tough, follow through. He should have kicked Christopher's ass.
I just found out Lauren Graham's birthday is the day before my stepson's, who is serving his country in the Army over in Balad, Iraq.
I have the 6 seasons on DVD. I hope there'll be an 8th.

I have a question too. I started a thread for people to write some ideas for the show. Is there an email address for us to send in some show ideas, or should we all just keep quiet and see what happens?
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 30, 2007, 09:34:04 pm »

Vet - Um, i think there is a thread of that type, if i recall - for ideas.  I also started one about "could you write a script" - with strange results.

Let me think and get back if i find it.  Welcome here!  The Fans Over Thirty has a stronger pulse, not as goofy (i like goofy myself) and probably has the better dope on the Ideas Thread.  But like i said, i am pretty sure there was something.....

How long have you been on this forum, if i may ask?  Oh, i am almost 55.

Thanks.
You are older than i am!  WHEEE!  Cheesy

IN OMNIA PARATUS
vietvet1
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 31, 2007, 05:26:12 pm »

Hi Zeddie
I've only been perusing this thread for a few days now. I hopped onto the org because the show is entertaining and doesn't do the flash-flash-zoom-flash that all the other shows do. Who looks at life like that? I get dizzy and a headache trying to watch cop shows.
Another favorite show is Extreme Makeover- Home Edition. It restores my faith in humanity when I see people pulling together to make life better for a deserving family.
The Gilmore Girls show gives me a warm feeling of family, sadly lacking in my past. They have their good and bad times, but they still pull together as a family.
Yeah, I'm older than you but, as Doctor Jones said:
"It's not the age, it's the mileage."
vietvet1
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 01, 2007, 08:47:39 am »

Since I start another job tomorrow, I just want to say it's been fun. I won't have time to peruse the GG.org website much, except on weekends. I stuck in a vote for season 8 and I added some ideas for shows on the thread I mentioned.
That's about all I can do for now.
Just think, I'll be 60 in a couple more years. It seems funny that I still like R&R loud and Sci-Fi / Fantasy is my favorite movie genre.
I sometimes click on Lawrence Welk and imagine him saying:

"Tank-you, tank-you, get-a down, get-a funky. And-a now we have the lovely Lennon sisters singing " I Can't Get No Satisfaction."

I hate getting old. Everything hurts. Whatever doesn't hurt, doesn't work. Oh well, that's life.
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 10, 2007, 12:43:15 pm »

Yup, Vietvet1, you got the spirit of the thing - everything hurts.  NOTE: when you want to say more and no one else has posted, you choose MODIFY on your last post and ADD.  WE are not supposed to double post. I did it at first, not knowing either, and i was corrected.

I hurt a lot. And i just found out my body temp is 96.0 - which means i am basically hybernating - no wonder i am like - asleep half the time. And i can't lose weight easily anymore. The dr. immediately prescribed thyroid meds.

I urge all of you to make note of your BODY TEMPERATURE. Don't rely on thyroid number tests.  I read that Low Bod Temp is like the number one flag for hypothyroid and that is a bad condition. i will require months of meds to try and slowly move me back up.
Wisconsin is not the place to be for someone with my condition.  I am basically in stage one hypothermia all the time! I shiver and feel cold most of the time.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DOCTOR, I AM QUOTING DOCTORS OFF THE INTERNET AND MY OWN PHYSICIAN. If you have Low body temp, please consult with your own doctor.  Thank you.

IN OMNIA PARATUS
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 10, 2007, 10:47:04 pm »

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd let you know I'm still alive. I've been Mandating for season 8 so I haven't been here much. Just thuoght I'd check in. It's nice to see Lawrence Welk is still making the rounds on this thread! Lol! Yes I watch him every week on PBS with the 92 year old lady I live with and take care of. I find him to be very entertaining. In fact, my hair doo is starting to look just like his! I think it's time for a haircut. It starts off nice and spikey then grows in and looks like the Elvis pompadour. Then I have to mouse it back ala Lawrence welk. Last but not least, it gets too heavy and falls over to one side ala Ronald Reagan!! so methinks it's time to save my rep and get a haircut. After all... I don't want to attract any attention from my greatest asset, the HAIRY SCARY MOLE!! Grin And no Zeddie I haven't shaved it off yet although the goatee is filling out nicely. :Smiley Ah!! Gotta love those unwanted hairs that come with age! Lol! Grin Grin

Hey Z I was reading your last post and thinking Thyroid before you even said it. It's not uncommon to have hypothyroidism with Fibromyalgia. You can have the doctor check your adrenals too to make sure they're not shot. I'm pretty sure mine are. Low body temp can mean thyroid problems or a problem stemming from your adrenals as well. The endocrine system seems to become compromised in Fibromyalgia and other autoimmune conditions so proper nutrition and supplimentation are important. Just be careful of side effects of the meds because they can often be worse than the problem it was meant to treat. While I am a Holistic Health Practitioner and have some knowledge on nutrition and medical conditions, I am NOT a medical doctor and I give no advise only suggestions for you to pursue with you doctor.

Lynn says "Hi!". The internet where she is doesn't work rel reliable so she hasn't been on much. She's still working her butt off at KFC and being chased in her sleep by skinned, cooked chickens with guns! Lol! Grin It's amazing how they can run without heads or feet.

New episode of Gilmore Girls next week finally! Yea! Until next time.... Let's all sing like the birdies! It's springtime! Grin Have a great day!  Lori

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2007, 07:46:36 am »

Hey Lorid, thanks for the comments. I appreciate it.

Oh, forget my adrenals, they went the way of the all cotton bra years ago. I have tried things....  I was SO anemic, for SO long.... The Dr. basicaly said that every other hormonal producing site in my body rose up to keep me alive, after i lost all my blood - so yeah, he basicaly told me my adrenals were shot, along with any other suspects.  One of his sentences was "If i was in an accident, and i bled and got down to where you are, i would be in a COMA.  The only reason you are walking around is because it was gradual enuf for everything in your body to come to your rescue - but now you are really messed up." 

words to that effect.  He was trying to impress upon me how serious was my condition.  Wel, after you compromise all of your systems, it is hard to get them all back up - you cannot treat these things overnight with massive doses, etc - or you put them into shock. So, it is a long diffiicult process.

When i was thin and had energy and life and hope and promise, i used to rub this area below my ribs - i took note of this weird behavior.  Then my chiropractor did the same thing to me. I explained that i did that often and he said, "Yeah, your subconscious is trying to stimulate your adrenals in that way"  Wow, i thought that was pretty cool - but also pretty uncool, since my A's were already mostly shot.  Cry

And here i was always SO healthy. i ate perfect, worked out, was thin, had stamina mostly, muscles. No smoking, no drinking, no - other.  I ate supplements and organic stuff, even fresh stuff from our country garden, blah blah.... I also had wonderful parents so a great childhood - and yet, everying got out of wack, plus i did have the birth defect in the spine.  So, i sort of take all this "eat healthy" stuff seriously, but with a wry smile.  Because i was so religious with it for many years, and i ended up completely run down. 

Did i overdo the lifting?  Oh sure, many armchair quarterbacks wil tell me that - to tie it all up in a neat package.  But i half reject that BECAUSE - each case is different - there are no guarentees. While i strongly believe in following good nutrition and other habbits - here i am, all messed up.  People wonder why today i can eat something greasy or sweet.  Why? Because being perfect exhausted me - literally.

DISCLAIMER: These are my rambling laments. I still would recommend that people follow a known healthy diet and form of excercise and keep weight in check and don't smoke.  Consult with a holistic practioner for optimal health.  Thank you.

I will probably erase this later when i am not feeling so worked up.....

IN OMNIA PARATUS
vietvet1
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 15, 2007, 01:57:35 pm »

Hi Zeddie
Thanks for telling me about the "modify" button. I'm still a little new to this.
Well, I would say work sucks, but there are a lot of other, older people like me doing the same kind of monkey work, just to make ends meet. I have so many years of experience that are going wasted, but now I don't feel alone. Many others are in the same boat. Some have commutes twice as long as mine, just to come to a low-paying job. But it beats the alternative.
I really get going when the others start talking about how the CEOs of this country have really screwed our generation out of retirements. It really makes me sad to know a lot of us boomers will probably have to work until we die, thanks to greed.
Well, back to the grind tomorrow. I'll still keep posting my ideas and hope some other people will too.
Take care.
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 17, 2007, 02:11:58 pm »

I was never one to run up credit cards. However, i have gotten into a few jams in my life - like with NO CHECK coming in - so right now i have a balance that is too big for me to handle, and they have just kept jacking up the interest rate, putting on penalties, etc. They think they are "calling my bluff" not realizing that one day they may call a disconnected number - unless God answers my prayers soon. I know i should not put that into the universe, but - this is the pattern.  First they cut your salary, then they cut your entire job - but no the #%*CKING CREDIT CARD COMPANIES still think THEY are the only entities in town that are still supposed to get the VIG equal to a DRUG DEALER's. It is outrageous. NO matter that the entire middle class is like -GONE - Master Card expects to recover every dime PLUS thousands of dollars in unethical interest and charges.This AFTER these satanic businesses shoved TOO MUCH CREDIT down the throats of people who did not "get it".   I read one instance where a man owed something over $3,000 and with NO OTHER PURCHASES, he now owes OVER TEN THOUSAND in just interest charges and fees! 

How can the stupid government just let this happen without making LAWS that caps this crap?

So now i am so angry - i basically have to be a complete loser so that they will finally BELIEVE ME when i tell them they are lucky to make a deal with me NOW and make it worth my while for us to just part company for good. One of those deals. But NO, they still have me on that list called...

"Middle Class Boomer Who Has Enuf Pride to Care and Will Pay For Life, No Matter How Ridiculous the Interest Rate".  And see, i want to get on the OTHER LIST...

"Old loser who is one step away from a twelve step program and foreclosure."  I need to get on THAT list so that OTHERS can pay for me dumping out of the program! After all, i have covered every deadbeat in the country for fifty years, now I NEED SOME OF THAT CHARITY, DAMN IT!   Angry

Any suggestions old fellow farts?

SATURDAY ADDITION.  Hi.  Slow day here. Sunny weather.  Either that or i am senile and i imagined the entire thing.  Tongue That would make more sense than nice weather in Wisconsin.  hehehe. Seriously, it was wonderful today. Smiley  But stormy Sunday i guess.  Undecided  Well, quite a week coming to an end.  I will set my sights on Tuesday.  You too?  Huh
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 07:25:37 pm by zeddie » Logged

IN OMNIA PARATUS
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2007, 02:22:31 pm »

OK i am double posting, because i mean, being here is like being alone in a football stadium - i may as well drop my pants and moon - because NO ONE IS AROUND.

Oprah has the Wonderful Dr. Oz - the Wizard of the body and things like - pooping. So far we have found out that it is OK to hold in fart gas.  Tongue It will NOT hurt you! However, he says it might stink more later? Ok - i will get back to you - he's back on...

IN OMNIA PARATUS
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2007, 07:02:23 am »

Ok tripple posting, talking to myself...

THIS JUST IN,

In Milwaukee a CLOWN named Smiley is charged with taking nude photos of his girlfriend, as she slept. Huh

"He had red Bozo hair in the picture of him,  but i am not sure, officer if that was the SAME clown i just saw peering over me with a camera...."

ALSO IN THE NEWS...

A boy beats a teacher - with a telephone.

"oh! sure! - IT'S  Bam- FOR  Pow- YOOOOU!  Bam Pow Wall Smash Smash Smash

IN OMNIA PARATUS
ttfrancine
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2007, 12:19:20 pm »

fans over 50 are hear me my daughter and granddaughter watch the show .its great love the show like the pics. Grin
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2007, 10:56:12 pm »

OK Z I'm here and alive. I've been mandating so I haven't been here a lot. I'm still grieving the impending loss of my Gilmore Gilrs next week so I have nothing really funny to write. Give me some time to deal with the loss and I promise the old folks humor will return.

For all you mothers out there I want to wish you all a very happy Mother's Day on Sunday. I'm going to spend it with my daughter having fun.

Until next time...Live passionately, love unconditionally, laugh often and be healthy.  Peace, Lori Grin Smitten

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2007, 04:12:21 am »

Welcome welcome to ttfrancine!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  I am Zeddie, starter of this thread. WE like to get real silly - and borderline senile - on this thread, as you will see if you have the guts to look back.  Grin

Welcome back to Lorid (and Hi to Wolfie)

Yes, we are all grieving.  I can't believe - this is THE DAY. it is early here - just after 6am. I have been up for a while since the stupid rodent in the attic was practicing a routine for Dancing With the Wolves -  Angry I cranked up the music.

O - KOKOMO. must to go other room to dance with my walker! hehehe. Oh - that old man i like put his teeth in! he is motioning to me to have a dance with HIM - thought he would never ask

"Hey - get that stupid cane outta my way - I SAW HIM FIRST - Oh stuff it in yer coolaid!"  Angry

*rucus*

There - that's better.  Wink

Dance over now.  That old man smelled of pee. Yuk. AND gas.  Doesn't he know about all the great new products out there?  Such as charcoal suppositories? Why, i use them all the time!  Grin

Hey - is there something in my teeth?   Grin

Thanks.

CHEER UP - we can always start over with the DVDs! ttfrancine i pretty sticked you.  Smiley Please, others, follow suit.  Thanks!

ADDITION: Wil this old fart thread die? I suppose it is fragile - given the smallness of our group  I hope we "regroup" into something else. Maybe even a book club or health discussion or just more of the jokes.  I will miss all the fun if we let it peter out. Or - is that what we should do?  i don't know.  Life rushes by us, doesn't it.

People have gotten on my case quite a lot i think - on this forum.  I think they object more to HOW i say things - not even so much WHAT i say. I use the Declarative Sentence.  People confuse that with me thinking I know it all.  I don't think that. I just know MY ideas - how can i know anyone else's.  My posts are like editorials. Mu singular beliefs, spoken with authority - for better or worse.

I have felt personally attacked - nothing new there. People just don't always respond to a person who just says, "This is how it is" in his or her own opinion.  People feel everything should be qualified and santized and prefaced with "i once heard.. or "I dont know if this is true for anyone else... " or "Excuse me for breathing but...."

Ok excuse me - SOME PEOPLE feel those things.  It is my personal approach that turns people against what i say IN MY OPINION. 

I am tired now. Tired of Gilmore Girls Disease of the brain.  I got as wrapped up as anyone. But now - it's gone - like a fart in the wind. So what should i chase a fart in the wind?  Why? There are other shows - there are songs and books and other things - so many other things to write about and think about.  Don't you ever feel "Gilmore Girl Insanity?"  I do.

But what about all the E-friends i have made?  or E-nemies? What now? 

SHOCKER - this just in - i found out today that Lauren Graham  does NOT blog about me! Or post about me - nothing! I mean, here i have given her all this energy - and NOTHING in return?  Well, i must say i was very shocked and upset. After all i have given to her.  Shameful.
 Grin
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:41:52 am by zeddie » Logged

IN OMNIA PARATUS
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
  Print  

Jump to: