GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 22, 2021, 01:42:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Fans over 50 - who is out there?  (Read 120175 times)
zeddie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2006, 11:37:58 am »

I would like to try a thread for Fans over 50 - as in Seniors (gasp) - i am curious who is out there and if we think alike or not.  Mods - do what you will with this - it is your site to patrol.  Thank you. I am a couple years over 50.  So, here goes my experiment.

Welcome all you mature people. IF THERE ARE ANY MORE other than me and MikeinLA.  I'll see, if this stays here.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:03:08 pm by zeddie » Logged

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
MikeinLA

Community Points: 20

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 02:01:07 pm »

Hey Z - As you've already outted me, I'll fess up to being the second (and, no doubt, onliest uther) member of this thread. I'd post more, but I can't find my teeth and Nurse Ratchett says it's nap time again.

Undecided

Shameless plug for my book:  http://www.lulu.com/undeadlyspring
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 07:15:10 pm »

GASP!  dude, i posted that and walked away and said, OH NO!  Maybe Mike did not tell his AGE.  But then i got distracted and didn't remove it. Or, i forgot, i forget which.

OOOOPS. sorry.  SORRY, you old codger. I guess i went permanently senile.  ON that note, i cannot find my last bag of "Oops I Crapped My Pants" - Have you got a diaper you can spare? Tongue

IN OMNIA PARATUS
MikeinLA

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 11:22:05 pm »

Can't spare a diaper, as I am wearing my last one and it has to do until tuesday. I did, however, finally find my teeth. I loaned them to the guy down the hall, as his granddotter and her husband were taking him out to dinner and he wanted to be able to order a steak.

We can probably say whatever we want here, as we are the onliest two on this thread.

Huh

zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 08:40:30 am »

I'd have to say that's a big 10-4 good buddie.  Cool

Ok, what do i want to say?  I forgot.   Shocked  Huh

OOPS - time for my medication again!  :Smiley

Ok then, here is what i want in the show.  Luke grows a set - of steak knives and prepares a - garlic sandwich for Lorelai.  She falls in love with him again and one night as April is sleeping, they just - accidentally lay a pillow and Paul Anka over her face.  The ma, goes back to Venice CA, and reunites with Jess's Dad - after all, all she did was change her hair color and Voila! she's turns into Anna Nurd-Ini   And oh yea, she had a daughter out in LA.  What happened to her, is she still in that closet?

Christopher goes back to Tuscany to free-load off of Diane Lane, in her Villa under the sun. He writes another book that Diane does not like.  But he has good hair.

Rory does marry Logan, and when she wants a stage career, he finances it and gets her singing lessons, but she still stinks up the joint. He becomes cold and distant and buys a sled named Tulipbulb.

Miss Patty and Taylor end up married - there was always that tension between them.  Lorelai and Luke get married in flannel shirts, under the  -- Hooopaaa!  Gigi is in Paris with her ma, and the scatterbrain just forgets her in a grocery cart one day.  She is discovered by a famous film director who stars her in a musical.  It becomes very popular. Thank heaven for little girls.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:39:40 am by zeddie » Logged

IN OMNIA PARATUS
flex151
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 255

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 08:49:57 am »

Pow CRASH! Bam

Oops I Crapped My Pants! Grin Oh how I loved SNL...don't know what the hell is going through Lorne Michaels head these days though. I think they should get Barats and Bereta in there to try and make the show funny/relevant again.. Undecided

*Kate's Stalker*

What the snap, crackle, and pop is going on?!
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 08:56:21 am »

Yeah, that spot was SO FUNNY - i nearly needed that product afterwards!  Grin Cheesy Shocked

HEY FLEX151-

I no longer watch SNL because it sucks now.  It was SO enormously funny in the first seasons.  You are young, so try to get your hands on really old eppys with Chevy and Belusi and LAUGH your head off. It was by far the FUNNIEST thing ever on TV in its day. 

I remember the eppy where Chevy is playing Dahmer and he starts eating his own fingers!  That's really out there, but they could pull off anything, and still not really offend anyone.  It was one of those magical times.

P.S.  I met a cop (young woman) who was on the job when they raided Dahmer's apartment.  This cop's partner was the one who opened the freezer and found a head.  I guess the running joke was, this cop would come into the cop lunchroom and open the freezer and then say, "Therapy!"  This henious stuff happened a few blocks where i worked every day.  I used to cut down that street as a short cut.  Wow.  Yeah - short cut all right.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:18:18 am by zeddie » Logged

IN OMNIA PARATUS
MikeinLA

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 11:15:39 am »

Well, they are now saying 60 is the new 40, which means I am NOT too old for Lorelai, and it would be easy to snake her away from the twerps (Max, Jason) and lunkheads (Lunkhead) she's been mixed up with so far. And when she takes me to friday night dinner, I could bring Richard a bottle of Superstition  Scotch and get on his and Emily's good side, too.

I'll need to be careful not to run over Paul Anka's tail with my walker.

If we bump into Luke, however, I'll probably call him "sonny boy" and tell him to tuck in his shirt and put his cap on straight with the brim in FRONT, as he looks like a nitwit.

Grin
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:18:50 am by MikeinLA » Logged

zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 11:20:34 am »

Perhaps you and Paul Anka will go on a constitutional together and you will crap in the bushes, having become disoriented.  And Paul Anka will be kind enough to bury it for you - or roll in it.  Ok, this is WAY off topic, but HEY, that is the beauty of this thread!  We are after all - profoundly senile.   Huh Cry Grin  Darn menopause.

IN OMNIA PARATUS
Jen33
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 11:40:37 am »

Ooooops........stumbled on this thread by mistake..... Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

although, now I'm here...... hope you don't mind me dropping in from time to time....  I do enjoy reading the more...err..... 'mature'... point of view  Wink  and I'm not that far away from being eligible to join.... Shocked  although that's not something I wish to dwell on  Shocked Wink
MikeinLA

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 12:04:56 pm »

Don't forget: All the vintage Lawrence Welk shows are on PBS on saturday evening! The old widow Harmon allus gets the vapors when the accordian player comes on. I like the Champagne Lady myself.

Smiley

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 01:39:36 pm »

Christopher goes back to Tuscany to free-load off of Diane Lane, in her Villa under the sun. He writes another book that Diane does not like.  But he has good hair.

I take it this means David Sutcliffe was in the movie Under the Tuscan Sun?  Well, that gives me a reason to watch it.

EEK!  I thought this was the 30's thread.  *ducks out*
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 02:00:52 pm by Dani257 » Logged

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 05:08:52 pm »

Dani257,

Sweetie, you are welcome to crash our old fart thread any time!  Just remember, we nod off easily, so you will have to keep it shorter here   Tongue
Wait, what was i talking about?  Huh

Yes, David Sutcliffe IS in the movie Under the Tuscan Sun, but WAIT, before you run out - he has this cameo right at the end.  Plus, they give him a grungie look i don't much like.  longer curly hair, which is fine, but he had facial hair  Angry and i am not a fan of facial hair - well, i mean, except for my own.  I am growing a beard now. And a moostache.  Grin

If you DON'T acknowledge this, i will go over to the over 30 thread or PM you so you know NOT to bank on Sutcliffe doing much in UTTS.   Tongue

On the other hand... The movie is BEAUTIFUL because it is all shot in Italy, in Cortona and other places, including Rome, Amalfi coast and Positano - a picturesque little hillside coastal town. i want to live there!  The villa is real, i guess - the author actually did buy a villa in Tuscany to remodel. I watch it all the time, just for decorating tips.

Oh dear, look at the time, i have to get my bladder sleep.  Embarrassed  And breakfast is at 4am, so....  Kiss
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:27:04 pm by zeddie » Logged

IN OMNIA PARATUS
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 06:03:06 pm »

*pops head back in*  Okay, not going to rush out and watch the movie.  Grunge, facial hair, cameo?  Yeah, pass.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 07:08:13 pm »

Good plan.  Say, do you know of a movie where he has a good role that you recommend?  I have mentioned before, i would like to see him with a good script, since i was disappointed in Tuscan Sun.

Thanks!

IN OMNIA PARATUS
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: