GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 18, 2021, 04:20:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 131
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ya Betcha!" Gilmore Fans in Minnesota (as well as anywhere else in the Midwest)  (Read 495971 times)
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: June 30, 2008, 01:41:54 pm »

Mel - Thanks!  The cake tasted really yummy too!  Nod  It was nice going to dinner with my parents - they're the bestest.  One of my brothers (who's older than me by the way!) was driving them crazy that day, but they were so patient and didn't let it interfere with my b-day.  Yay for mom and dad! Celebrate

Cheri - Oh, so cool that your husband's birthday is the same day!  It really is a great date for a birthday - almost exactly six months away from Christmas.  Every half year I get presents!   Cheesy  Did you guys do anything fun to celebrate?  Yes, Northville is very lovely and has such a great atmosphere - almost Stars-Hollow-y in the downtown area in a way.  I really love Plymouth too.

Shelby - Wow, the 89X birthday bash does sound fun - I love Death Cab for Cutie!  I would've been glad that they ended up playing longer.  Sounds like a blast and the Fox Theater is so nice.  This summer I'm reading and swimming and just pretty much getting organized for next school year. 

cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: June 30, 2008, 05:07:08 pm »

Michelle ~ We didn't really do much for Mark on his birthday.  We just had a nice dinner and cake and ice cream later on.  We then went to the show on Sunday to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and then went out for dinner.  That seems to be the way we celebrate just about everything anymore. Did you do anything exciting to celebrate?

When we lived in Northville, before all of the changes there, it really was a lot like Stars Hollow but without all of the eccentric people getting into your business.  There were some, but not near as many.  We walked all over the place.  The little theater there actually showed movies and we would walk there to see a movie and then stop along the way to get something to eat.  It was really nice.  I miss that. 

What do you think of this cooler weather.  I don't like it hot, but I sure would like it to be warmer then this.  I haven't seen what the rest of the week is going to be like.  Well, you enjoy your week no matter what the weather is going to be like.

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: July 04, 2008, 09:33:03 am »

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Happy 4th of July!!!

I hope everyone has a fun one! Nod

Cheri - It sounds like Mark had a nice birthday - I like how you celebrated into the weekend by going to the movies.  Did you enjoy Indiana Jones?  I've heard it was good.  Is the theater you're referring to the Marquis Theater?  If so, they now do live children's plays there and it's kind of cool.  I've taken my class there on field trips several times.

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: July 05, 2008, 01:25:48 am »

Hi Michelle,  How was your 4th of July?  We had a nice time with Mark's family at our nephew and nieces house in Jackson.  His dad, stepmom, one of his brothers and his family didn't make it because of car trouble, and a nephew and his girlfriend couldn't make it because they went to her family's this year, and another brother and his family didn't make it because their daughter is going to have a baby any day now, but we still had a big gathering.  Only a handfull of brave souls went in swimming, but it was too cool for the rest of us.  Atleast we didn't get rain.

It was really noisey around here for about three hours tonight what with everyone setting off fireworks.  I swear our neighborhood must have atleast a dozen houses that set off their own.  It is pretty and very loud.  A couple of the neighborhoods around us also do their own fireworks.  Erin and I sit on the pourch and watch them.  The city fireworks aren't until Sunday and those we go see from Jillian's house. 

We thought that the Indiana Jones movie was really good.  On Sunday we are going to go see Get Smart.  It looks like it is really funny.  We usually go to the Livionia 20 theater in Livonia.  We really like it there.  We used to have two movie theaters here, but they both have closed down.  I guess too many people were going to the bigger theaters.

On the 2nd we celebrated Erin, our youngest daughter's birthday.  She got to pick what she wanted for dinner and then we had more cake and ice cream.  Jillian, our other daughter, is taking Erin and Mark to Max and Erma's to dinner tomorrow, well I guess later today since it is 4:20 am, for dinner.  I can't go because she already took me out to dinner on my birthday back in January.

Yes, it is the Marquis theater.  It was really cool there.  It was so small and they had fans on the floor in the back during the summer.  I am sure that they must have remodeled since we were last there and now have air conditioning.  Every time I go by there I think that I would like to check out one of the plays, but I never have.  I also want to go to the Tipping Point theater.  Have you been there?  You said that you have taken your class to the Marquis threater on field trips, are you a teacher?

Well, I have got to get to sleep.  I have to get up in four hours so that we can get everything done before they go to dinner.  Hope you had a great 4th and have a great weekend.

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: August 04, 2008, 09:33:23 pm »

Hey Midwesterners!!!

How's everyone doing? It seems that we're dropping down the ranks of the international section, what's up with that?! Tongue

I hope that I'm not the only Midwestern member left...I know that I'm not...so where is everyone?! Don't be shy!  Hidden

I will be leaving the Midwest for a week but returning next Thursday! It's funny how we get so used to our own surroundings and place that we live, that sometimes we find it odd that anyone could find it fun to come here. At least, that's what I was thinking this past weekend, when wondering what people do in MN when they come. I know there's lots to do here, but it's not as interesting to me or noticeable to me I guess. Maybe going away for a bit and coming back will give me a fresh perspective on things. I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong. I love it here!! It's just that you get used to what's around you and sometimes want a fresh feeling of newness like someone from out of town might get.

Anyway, enough rambling. I hope everyone's having a great week!! I'm sorry I don't have time to post a new word association or survey but if someone else wants to, I'm sure Shelby wouldn't mind. It seems summers always slow down a bit here. But that's alright, because it means people are out enjoying their lives and having FUN!! I hope that you are too!!

Star A Quick Question Star
What have you been up to this summer? What's been the best part of your summer so far?
(Alright that was two, sorry, I lied! Tongue)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:34:33 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: August 04, 2008, 09:54:06 pm »

I know we don't see our Mommy Melissa much anymore because of her busy, busy life (hopefully she comes by for the reunion!) but I had to give a Happy 1st Birthday to Andrew![/size] Gift Celebrate

I remember this time last year when he was born!

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: August 04, 2008, 10:47:38 pm »

Hey everyone.  I hope everyone is having a good summer and out doing things, maybe why there's not so much activity here on the boards.

I just got back from camp in Michigan, it was a greatyear but also a bit sad as it was the last year I could go as a camper.  I've been going there for about five years now, and other camps long before that.  I did a lot of stereotypical camp things, very akin to The Parent Trap.  It's an all-girls camp, and very rooted in tradition.  We went for a four-day hike on North Manitou Island, it was gorgeous.  I also happened to take a fencing class, it was a very fun thing to learn about/do. 

In other news, I may end up moving back near the Midwest, more specifically near Cleveland, Ohio.  Things aren't running like we'd like them down here in Tennessee, so we're looking at other options.  I might start school in two weeks, or a month.  I'm actually enjoying this uncertainty in an odd way.

Happy (a smidge belated) 1st birthday to Andrew!  It seems like a while ago we were all waiting for news.  I hope he's doing fabulously.

And everyone else who's not around...well I hope you are all doing super too.

Smiley, Grace

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: August 10, 2008, 06:40:39 pm »

Hi Mel ~ Thanks for starting this thread up again.  I was beginning to think that I killed it for sure  Cheesy

I don't know about everywhere else in the mid-west, but it is kind of cold here.  It is like fall.  I hope that it doesn't last too much longer because it is too soon for summer to be over.  Although, I do like nights like this where I can just snuggle down under the covers and fall asleep. 

Grace ~ sounds like you really had a great time at camp here in Michigan.  I never did go camping when I was younger, well not the kind you are talking about.  My husband and I used to go camping in the UP a lot and then when we started having kids, we took them for a few years.  It was always a lot of fun. 

Are you going to be moving to Cleveland or is that not settled yet?   Going by the violaplayer1234 I am wondering if you play the viola?  I was taking violin lessons at one time but had to quit.  It is a long story.  I wish that I had started up again. 

Hope everyone is enjoying there summer and doing a lot of fun things.

Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: August 18, 2008, 05:05:36 pm »

Hey everybody!

Is everyone enjoying the remainder of summer? I know I certainly am.

I just returned home from a month long vacation. It was simply amazing. I went to California, and then to London! From London I got on a cruise through the British Isles. Then I went back to California, and then I finally came home! I am so so happy to be home!

Hope everyone is well!
Shelby

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: August 18, 2008, 05:13:40 pm »

Shelby:  Welcome back hun!!!  That's sounds absolutely amazing - definately a wonderful experience to travel so much in the one month.  Where was you favourite place?  And was a month too long to be living out of a suitcase or does that not bother you?  Like I said, gald to have you back.

Cheri: No I'm not enjoying my summer because it's winter here and it's bloody freezing Cheesy.  I'm so over it!!!  It's nothing compared to what you guys experience over there, but for here this is the first real winter we've had in years and I'm feeling it.  Bring on summer I say!

Please read Forum Rules
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: August 18, 2008, 05:29:23 pm »

Caryn a month was most definitely too long. I went with my grandma and cousin, and I really missed my parents, my brother, and my friends. As great as the trip was, I would never leave for that long ever again. My favorite place was probably Scotland. It was sooo pretty, and I would love to go back, and spend some more time there.

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: August 18, 2008, 05:32:59 pm »

Scotland is one of my favourite places in all the world.  I spent a few months there in my youth ( Cheesy) and honestly have the fondest memories of the whole experience.  It is just a beautiful place and the people are standout!!

Please read Forum Rules
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: August 18, 2008, 06:17:35 pm »

Shelby ~ That was one amazing vacation.  You must have had so much fun and experienced so many great adventures and seen a lot of beautiful places.  I hope that you are able to enjoy the rest of your summer vacation even if it isn't on such a grand scale.  Atleast you can spend it with your friends and family. 

Caryn ~ I am so sorry that you are so cold.  I think I heard on the news that Australia got snow a while back.  Was that right?  Just think, when we are freezing our butts off here, you will be enjoying the warm weather.  I hope it warms up there for you real soon.  I really enjoy the cold and snow.  I just don't like it when I have to drive through it.  I like the cold better then the hot because atleast I can put on another layer of clothing to keep warm.  I hate air conditioning so unless it really gets hot, we keep it off and just rely on the ceiling fans.  They work pretty good.  It got up to 88 degrees F. in our house today but there is a really nice breeze comping through so we were able to turn most of the fans off. 

Well, heres hoping that everyone enjoys the rest of their week. Wink

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: August 18, 2008, 08:11:26 pm »

In your youth...Caryn?!  Cheesy Bah! You're only as old as you feel - and you can't feel that old, babe!! I just gotta say, you crack me up! You'd be nice and toasty warm, if you were here laughing with me! Hope winter's almost over for you! I feel your pain, freezing cold is no fun at all! Hang in there, babe! I hope you're doing well otherwise! Always in my thoughts...

Shelby It's been way too long, girl!! I've been wondering where you've gone, was just going to send a PM your way, actually! A month?! WOW! That is a long time to be away from those you love being around. I'm sure that the trip was amazing! But, I understand your missing everyone. I'm sure that you had some once in a life time experiences though. I was shocked when I was reading along and you said London! That's quite a trip...who would have known from starting in California, you could end up in London! ha! I want to hear more about your experiences, when you've got a moment! I'm sure that you're settling in and getting comfy back home again. I'm so glad that you took time to stop by here and greet us! I've missed your smiling face around here! Grin So glad you're doing well and have arrived safe and sound back home again!

Cheri You joke! You didn't kill the thread. I think that during the summer, especially for those in the Midwest, people are out and about and doing things - not online rumbling through the threads. Sadly, I miss people though! I'm glad that you're here and think that you've added greatly to this wonderful thread! It's one of my favorite places to come, this thread. Holds a special place in my heart! Hearts I hope you're having a good week. I will bring our "conversation" to this thread. It's really the one I consider 'home' here. How's your week going so far? I hope that your weekend wasn't added to the boring ones. Did you do something fun?

Alright, I'm reading this book titled The Next Thing on My List and have been totally into it. It's a nice little tale about a woman who was in a car accident with a passenger who she met at Weight Watchers, and they got into a wreck. The passenger she was taking home that evening, died. She had a list and after much thought, the main character decides to complete the list that the passenger was hoping to complete by her 25th birthday, just a little under a year away. So, begins working on the list and has little time left, as she's procrastinated thus far, with less than 6 months left, she's got half the list left. The items on the list are quite hard for the individual, like 'change someone's life' and 'make Buddy Fitch pay' - she's got a lot of work to do and must figure it out quick.

The reason I bring this up, it made me start thinking. Life's too short, this we all know. There's a lot to do in such little time. I often hear people say that they wish they did "X" while they had the chance. Or they wish they had more time to _____ during their life, as they lay on their deathbed. Not that I'm trying to be morbid here or think of the end...that's not anything anyone wants to think of. But, I'm thinking of the end. I don't want to wish I'd done something more with my life. And with all the reflection I've been doing lately, I still feel like there's more. I don't want to just 'think' about things. I don't want to just reflect, I want to DO!

So, I've created my own My List of Things I Will Do Before I Die[/b]. I put the list in my Blackberry. I will add to the list. It's not a massive list, it's not a monumental list. Actually, I was quite disappointed in my list, as I didn't have earth shattering items on it. But, they are things I want to be sure to do before it's "too late". I'm going to go back to my list and remind myself of what I told myself, I would do. They say if you write it down, it's more real...it's a goal that you can hold yourself to. I'm hoping that's right. I'll work on things on my list, I'm going to hold myself to these things and not let myself get lazy or lax on them. These things are meant to keep me real, keep me pressing on, and perhaps not for something better, just keep pressing on in life.

Anyway, just food for thought. I might come back and share some items on my list. What do you do to keep yourself living your life the fullest possible? Have you ever made a list of things you'd want to do in your lifetime?

Other than thinking about my "list" and reading my book, I've been busy just trying to relax and stay stress free this month. The annual MN State Fair is opening this Thursday and it's my favorite annual event to do all year round. With the State Fair comes the end of summer, but I absolutely love it! I don't know why because it encompasses all things that I despise, but for some reason, I look forward to it the day it ends for the following year. Who would think that I'd love something with a bunch of dirt and germs, tons of people all hot and sweaty walking around, eating food 'til you pop, walking around basically not doing much but eating and looking at things?! It's beyond me, even I'm baffled at why I like it so much! But, I do and it's about here! I go at least twice every year, sometimes more. I'm thinking this year, I might go by myself and take a book. I would just grab a bite to eat and find a nice shade tree, read a book, listen to my iPod, and watch the various people passing by. It doesn't sound that exciting, but I love people watching! Smiley

Alright, this has become a long post, I'm afraid. I didn't mean to ramble on this long. If you've stuck with me thus far, thank you! I hope that everyone's having a marvelous week so far! Do something wild, crazy, and spontaneous! Don't hold back in life! I'll be back, but until next time...keep smiling! Grin
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:12:33 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: August 20, 2008, 06:39:57 pm »

Caryn ~ I really love your sig.  She is a beautiful girl  and that is a beautiful picture of her.  I like the way you did it.

Mel ~  I think you got me beat with the long post. Cheesy   Yeah, I think that I was the only one in the Mid-West that didn't go anywhere or do anything this summer.  It has been pretty boring and thankfully it is going by pretty fast.  Unfortunately, I don't see fall being any better.  Oh well, that is just the way my life is right now.  Tongue

That book sounds good and it seems to have really gotten you thinking about life even more then you already do.  Did you see Bucket List?  If not you should.  It was good and also deals with making a list of things you want to do before you die.  It made me think about making out a list, but then I decided not to because I figure why make a list of things that I know I won't be able to do.  I just try to make the best with my life and do what I can while I can.  Back in high school a couple of my friends and I made lists like that and I pretty much completed it what with getting married, having my kids and making sure that their lives were full while they were growing up.  A couple of the things on the list were things that were really out of reach and I knew that I would never accomplish.  When Phoebe on Friends was talking about her list of things she wanted to do before she was thirty I had thought about making a list but gave up on that one, too. 

I like state fairs as well.  I used to go to the one in Detroit, but it has been a few years since I have been there.  Well, probably more then just a few.  I do like to go to the little town festivals that go on around by me.  There are several that are really nice.  I too like to go places and watch the people.  I go to the park by us and sit by the one of the little lakes and read and watch the people.  There are always a lot of bikers, on bicycles and motor cycles, people walking (young and old). Some with dogs, some with kids, yada yada yada.  Some days I don't get very much reading done because there are so may people to watch and I usually get people who will stop by and talk for awhile.  It is fun and very relaxing.  I also like to go to Greenfield Village and the Detoit Zoo and sit and watch the people. 

Well, I did read your whole post and enjoyed it.  So far my week has pretty much been the same.  Mark is taking tomorrow off because he has a doctor's appointment.  I think that we might go and get some shopping done.  We need some basic stuff for around the house.  Towels, laundry baskets, you know, that kind of stuff and I also want to go and get some new clothes for this fall.   

How was it going back to work on Monday?  I always hated going back to work after a vacation because it always made me feel like I never went on the vacation.  Even with the jobs that I really liked.  Hope that didn't happen to you.

Hope that the rest of the week is really good for everyone. 

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 131
  Print  

Jump to: