GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 26, 2021, 11:48:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 131
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ya Betcha!" Gilmore Fans in Minnesota (as well as anywhere else in the Midwest)  (Read 499752 times)
Stephanie
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 154

I'm trying to think up something witty...

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: February 18, 2008, 12:08:25 am »

Haha Mel! I was not a sripper in my past life I can assure you - I was a seamstress  Smiley.

Lovefiend: I agree with your firm stance.

Cheer cheer, Yell yell
Who cares who wins
'Cause we're all going to hell.
~Jane from Daria
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1248

P!nk concert; a night to remember.

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: February 18, 2008, 12:49:12 am »

Steph... haha you can never be sure Tongue And everyone was chosing it so i thought i'd be different

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Zachery Walker born 12.10.10
Stephanie
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 154

I'm trying to think up something witty...

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: February 18, 2008, 07:32:18 pm »

And I appreciate that Mel, I really do.

Is this considered a star post...everyone knows I'm not a star poster anyway.

Cheer cheer, Yell yell
Who cares who wins
'Cause we're all going to hell.
~Jane from Daria
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: February 19, 2008, 12:07:53 am »

Why would it be star posting?
Hmm, maybe i've got a different idea of what  star posting is?

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1654 on: February 19, 2008, 01:43:26 am »

I suppose because it was only one sentance, that could have been pm'd? Maybe. I tend not to care, unless the person star posts all the time, or their post is really annoying.

And cool it's good to know someone agrees with my firm stance!!! It's very firm Smiley like cement.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: February 21, 2008, 03:20:54 am »

Heya,
I thought i'd post my 2truths and a lie.

1. I'm an only child I am not an only child, i have a elder sister. [which i stated in my original post...]
2. I got engaged at aged 19 [ this is correct]
3. I can't watch scary movies by myself. [i get easily scared by horror movies, can't stand blood scenes.]

Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: February 22, 2008, 04:43:31 pm »

1. What item in your bedroom is used the most?
2. What item in your home is forgotten about?
3. What's your favorite aspect of your home?
4. I couldn't live without my...
5. What movie makes you laugh every time you see it?
6. What's something you've done that you regret (it doesn't have to be something big, unless you want it to be)?
7. Do you have daily rituals?
8. What's your favorite color to wear?
9. In your opinion, what's the scariest thing you have done?
10. What's one thing you could never do?

Tell two truths, tell one lie. Let others guess your lie. At the end of the week tell us the lie!

My lie from the last round:
1. I have a pair of red tennis shoes.
2. I used to play the trombone.
3. I have a digital camera.[/color]

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 22, 2008, 10:59:58 pm »

I drank a cup of coffee and then fell asleep at 7.  Now, it's 1:41 AM and it's impossible for me to get back to sleep.  Perfect.   Tongue

My favorite Winnie-the-Pooh character is Piglet.

I have a brother named Martin.
I'm deathly afraid of heights. 

It's Eeyore. 

1. What item in your bedroom is used the most?  My bookshelf.
2. What item in your home is forgotten about?  This might sound weird, but we all always forget we have a blender. 
3. What's your favorite aspect of your home?  Our roof...it's flat so at night I can sit on it. 
4. I couldn't live without my...books.  And, let's be honest, my laptop.
5. What movie makes you laugh every time you see it?  Finding Nemo.  I'm six years old, I swear.
6. What's something you've done that you regret (it doesn't have to be something big, unless you want it to be)?  Took French when we moved instead of Latin.  (I used to take both.  When we moved, I chose French.  Stupid).
7. Do you have daily rituals?  My morning cup of coffee at the same exact time every weekday, and then I read each night before I go to sleep and journal. 
8. What's your favorite color to wear?  Blues. 
9. In your opinion, what's the scariest thing you have done?  Honestly, I think it was my first day of 10th grade...I was at a brand new, way different, school.  It's not so much a crazy stunt-type thing as more mental.  But I was terrified. 
10. What's one thing you could never do?  I'll have to get back to you all on that one.  Not quite sure.

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1658 on: February 23, 2008, 12:31:36 pm »

1. What item in your bedroom is used the most?

DIRTy!!! Tongue

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 23, 2008, 03:37:18 pm »

Hey fellow Mid-westerners!! Celebrate

It's been a while since I've been online and to the org! I miss it though! So...here I am!

First, I thought I'd say that I'm very disappointed that you all think I was such a troublesome youth and was put into juvenile detention as no one guessed that to be my LIE and it indeed WAS! The other two things are truth, and I'm sticking to it! (My last two truths and a lie was awhile ago, like maybe 5 pages back so if you have no clue what I'm talking about, it's alright!) Cheesy

Second, my survey answers are as follows:
1. What item in your bedroom is used the most? The floor? Is that an item?! Tongue
2. What item in your home is forgotten about? The crockpot
3. What's your favorite aspect of your home? It's MY home...and has a great location!
4. I couldn't live without my... friends and family!
5. What movie makes you laugh every time you see it? Bringin' Down the House
6. What's something you've done that you regret (it doesn't have to be something big, unless you want it to be)? Regretting - never regret...just learn and live on!
7. Do you have daily rituals? Probably just my morning routine that I do every weekday morning before work.
8. What's your favorite color to wear? Black (or maybe red)
9. In your opinion, what's the scariest thing you have done? Hmmmm...I don't know right now, I'll come back to this one!
10. What's one thing you could never do? Kill someone

Third, I want to find out how everyone is doing?! I must go back and read through the posts. I was honestly fearful of coming back here, despite how much I missed everyone here, because I dread having missed so much. So, I'll catch up where I can but otherwise, I'm just jumping on in right where everyone is!! Grin Hope you don't mind!

Grace I love Eeyore! He totally reminded me of when I was younger! My heart just goes out to him! Smiley

5. What are your thoughts on abortion? It's a damn site better than having an unwanted child, one you can't afford to or are unable to look after or treat properly. There are so many poor abused and neglected children, who's lives are utterly miserable, just because their parents didn't beleive in abortion. And why should someone who gets raped have to go through a pregnancy and a birth, both incredibly physically demanding, and forcing them to take time off work etc, and prolonging the time it takes to recover. I'm very stubborn in my stance.
6. What do you think of the death penalty? I think on the whole I'm against it, but I'm so sick of people who do incredibly bad (that word sounds so pathetic!) things, and sit in jail for a couple of yers, then are out on 'good behaviour' and re offending again.

I enjoyed reading your survey answers on the previous page!! I agree with both of these. There are definitely times when abortion is probably the better option. I used to think that abortion was wrong no matter what. But when someone close to me had one because they didn't want to bring the child into a life where they wouldn't be cared for a have succeeded - I felt that was a very selfless act. There is always adoption, I am adopted so I'm all for it ...but there there's so many children already in the world that need a good home and are up for adoption! I don't think people think of adoption as much as they could perhaps. And again, because the whole rape thing is way too close to my heart, I have to say, agreed!

On the death penalty, I think that there are way too many people in our prisons using our tax dollars! I think perhaps there aren't strict enough laws for those who commit a crime? And then they get out and do the same thing over again? Perhaps there aren't enough ways to keep someone in prison when they should be? But I think the death penalty should be given for those who take a life. I don't know that it should be given to just anyone who's in prison for a long time. I don't think prisons should have lavish interiors with all the comforts of one's home, or in some cases, better than one's home. But, I think that they should have to work and work hard while they're in there. Now, I'm getting off the subject. What I guess I was saying was that I agree. Smiley

What is defined as a star post anyway? I know there's been back and fourth with this. Is it when someone posts just 1 single word in a post and that's all? Or is it when someone posts 1 sentence and that's it? Or is it when the post isn't really needed because there isn't much to it (or could be PM'ed to someone instead, like Kate indicated)? Beats me! I'm sure as long as it's not done often by someone, it's not the biggest of problems. Smiley

It's finally WARM here - not HOT by any means, but it's in the high 30's finally! It's so welcomed! I'm totally over winter and can't wait for spring to arrive! I'm making a new spring sig tonight to get in the mood! And this weekend, it's low key and laid back, just like I like! I can't complain about much right now! Let's hope it stays that way for awhile! Smiley

HUGS to all!! ~Mel [/color]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 03:47:29 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Gilmoregirl1515
Inn Manager

Community Points: 1183

Even heroes know when to be scared

View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: February 23, 2008, 04:06:58 pm »

1. What item in your bedroom is used the most? Teehee... Dirty. Um, probably my computer though.
2. What item in your home is forgotten about? The blender
3. What's your favorite aspect of your home? I don't have one.
4. I couldn't live without my... friends
5. What movie makes you laugh every time you see it? Ancorman
6. What's something you've done that you regret (it doesn't have to be something big, unless you want it to be)? Not taking a chance that I should've.
7. Do you have daily rituals? I do the same thing every morning when I get ready for school.
8. What's your favorite color to wear? Turquoise.
9. In your opinion, what's the scariest thing you have done? I can't think of anything.
10. What's one thing you could never do? I'll have to think about this one.

Hmm... Star posting.... I don't really care about short posts, as long as someone isn't saying something rude in it.

Sooks: It's great that you're back!!!

2. What item in your home is forgotten about? This might sound weird, but we all always forget we have a blender.

We have a really nice blender, and no one ever uses it, it's pretty pointless that we even have one.

Graphic Love <3
Smile. I'm Maggie. I'll make your day. x]
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1661 on: February 23, 2008, 07:08:03 pm »

I don't really care about short posts, as long as someone isn't saying something rude in it.

Uh oh, I'm in trouble!!! Tongue

Mel it's good to see ya!! Great minds think alike, I see! Smiley I pretty much agree with everything youve said too, I just have qualms with yous aying anyone who takes a life should get the death penalty. I'm just worried that it's too hard to prove? And there's no way to rectify the situation if theyr'e later proven innocent?? I'm somewhat on the fence, but I definatly agree harsher leiving situations and penalties!!!

We obviously thought you were too badass, Mel!!

1. What item in your bedroom is used the most? My bed. Jesus, I love my bed!!!
2. What item in your home is forgotten about? Ummmm well, my dryer isn't plugged in, so probably that.
3. What's your favorite aspect of your home? The yard, probably!
4. I couldn't live without my... Heart, brain and lungs.
5. What movie makes you laugh every time you see it? Oh my god, there are so many!!!
6. What's something you've done that you regret (it doesn't have to be something big, unless you want it to be)? Losing myself.
7. Do you have daily rituals? Stretch and meds before bed. But I don't always stretch. And I sometimes forget my meds.
8. What's your favorite color to wear? Red and blue.
9. In your opinion, what's the scariest thing you have done? Hmm. I don't know. I've done some physically scary things (an awesome caving adventure and abseilng and stuff), and I've done emotionally scary things. Giving myself to someone scared the living f*ck outta me. (And I don't mean sexualy)
10. What's one thing you could never do? I do'nt know. I do feel like I should say 'never say never'. There's a quote from a movie bugging me right now, I can't rmember the exact words, or wher eit's from, but it's something along the lines of 'most people are lucky enough, to never know what they're capable of'.  (If anyone knows, let me know pleeaaase!) But, yeah, there's things I think I couldn't do (like Mels' killing response), but I think given the right situation I perhaps could.

MiniPink
*Katie*
Diner Regular

Community Points: 305

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 23, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »

Wow, is it dead around this place, or what?!?!

I just thought I would pop in to say a quick hello...It's been a while since I was here.

I have to diddo Mel, it's warm!!! I was outside today without a coat. Not for a long period of time, obivoulsy!!

Let's see, what have I been up to lately?!! Well, I went on a skiing trip up to Duluth. I had never downhill skiied before, so it was a blast. As it turns out, I was a natural and picked it up in a jif. I was going down black diamonds my first day...of course there was no technique, it was just kind of a free-for-all...Try to stay on you feet until the bottom, then turn you skis. So, that was last weekend. Then this week was busy...a few long-term papers due...but be proud of me! I didn't procrastinate until the last minute. :-D then today, I had band practice. We got a new sound board that's pretty amazing. Somehow, it gives us a new vote of confidence! And then this evening, I went out to dinner with my sister and brother-in-law. They took me out for my birthday. We went to a tapas restuarant. We had everything from crab cakes, to coquettes, to ash cheese from the south of France, to koby beef sliders. It was very delicious and we had a very fun time. Plus it helped that they seated a guy that looked remarkably like Dr. Phil next to us. We had a good laugh about that one, as we also debated the reasoning to the name "Koby sliders." Tomorrow, who knows what the future holds!!!

I hope all of you are doing well...staying warm...or cold, whatever your preference may be!!
Stay real, love life
~KT

Celebrate Find a reason to celebrate! Celebrate
Clashingway
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1663 on: February 24, 2008, 07:39:12 am »

Clashingway's:
1. I am a senior in high school but still HAVE to go through two more years of high school before I can go to univeristy
2. One of my rooms has babyblue wallpaper with white clouds and birdies
3. I love peanut butter - jelly - sandwiches.

Sorry I didn't stop by earlier  Sick

violaplayer1234 was right:

1. I am a senior in high school in America, but I am actually from Germany. And when I got back to Germany, I have to go through grades 12 and 13. [by being a senior here, I can skip grade 11 in Germany]
2. UNFORTUNATELY, that's what my room in Germany looks like. I only got the room I have under the condition to leave the wallpaper on the walls... but you can barely see it because I have so many bookshelves in front of it and pictures covering it up  Grin
3. I have a deadly allergy against peanuts.
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 25, 2008, 03:42:54 pm »

Hey hey,

I just had to stop by to wish a fantastic day to one of the original Mid-Western thread dwellers, whom I'm proud to call my friend.  I've decided to do it here because this is where I first got to know her!!!  So . . .

Katie!!!

You are such a strong girl and will do anything you set your mind to!  So . . .  here's some Ferragamos for your bright future:

Some wheels for when you're ready:

And something yummy!

Cheers to you hun!  Celebrate

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 131
  Print  

Jump to: