GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 03:29:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ya Betcha!" Gilmore Fans in Minnesota (as well as anywhere else in the Midwest)  (Read 510549 times)
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1935 on: December 21, 2008, 07:25:25 pm »

They have already cancelled school for tomorrow AND tuesday! yayyy. Christmas break is early this year. =)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1936 on: December 21, 2008, 07:44:08 pm »

I just want to chime in and reiterate what everyone is already saying ... the weather in Minnesota is bananananananananananas right now (says you guys, the news, and my relatives).   Snow Lightning Rain

I don't know how Minnesotans do it.  Rondonculous, I tell you!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 21, 2008, 07:49:46 pm »

Ah ... I was wondering when you were coming up to our neck of the woods.  Were you at the game today Heidi?

I'm lucky that my in-laws live in Florida and we've been here since Wednesday. 

(GTG, I'll try to stop in laters!)

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 22, 2008, 11:40:54 am »

That is great that they gave you today and tomorrow off so that you don't have to worry about the finals until after the holidays.  Are you going to have to make up these snow days with shorter breaks during the year or at the end of the school year?  Here in Michigan the schools are allowed like three or four snow days and then anything over that has to be made up during the rest of the school year. 

The weather is pretty bad here in Michigan, too, but, knock on wood or my head, Minnesota is always worse.  It snowed a bit more last night, but not much.  We did get drifts caused by the wind blowing the snow that we already had back onto the streets and sidewalks.  I can't believe how crazy cold it is already this year.  I hate to see what we have in store for the rest of the winter.

Oh Melissa, I am so jealous.  I would love to be in Florida right now.  Mark's dad and step-mom live in Florida for about 2/3s of the year.  One of his brothers lives there, too, during the winter but he doesn't go down until right after Christmas so that he can spend the holiday with his kids and grandson.  I told Mark that I am ready to get a winter place in the neighborhood where they live.  It will never happen, but it is a nice thought.

Well, got to go start on baking some cookies.  Love the smell of the house after baking. 

Happy Holidays to one and all

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1248

P!nk concert; a night to remember.

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 28, 2008, 01:37:34 pm »

This is the FINAL reminder to all our members.... voting closes for the 3rd Annual Nominations at 8pm

Please visit the Nominations Page & make sure you send your nominations to Mary (dancer1012)

NOMINATIONS CLOSE at 8PM PACIFIC TIME.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Zachery Walker born 12.10.10
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1940 on: December 29, 2008, 10:12:28 pm »

hey there! don't have much to report. just thought i'd stop by and check in, but there's nothing new. oh, well. i hope everyone had a great christmas and has a great new year's! be safe, have fun. =)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 31, 2008, 11:35:40 pm »

I just want to chime in and reiterate what everyone is already saying ... the weather in Minnesota is bananananananananananas right now (says you guys, the news, and my relatives).   Snow Lightning Rain

I don't know how Minnesotans do it.  Rondonculous, I tell you!

~Heidi
Really beginning to wonder that myself?! I seriously thought about moving somewhere warmer...wait, I always seriously think about moving somewhere warmer during our winters. But, alas, I stay here in the good ol' state of MN! I do love it most of the time! Wink Just wish it would either snow like mad and get it out of it's system, everything shut down for a day and the world goes on, or stop snowing for about....three months until spring has sprung! Not gonna happen, either scenario. Oh well. *shrugs* I'll keep wishing for that move and we'll see what happens.

Hope everyone has a wonderful first day of the new year! It's gonna be a great year...I can feel it in every bone in my body! Great things are going to happen! New challenges, new leaves will be turned, new friendships, new loves, it's a NEW year and I'm all about it! Can't wait to jump on in with both feet! I'll return soon...but until then, stay safe and warm and happy! Grin

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: January 01, 2009, 03:47:54 pm »

Hi Mel, nice to see you here again.   I used to love the winter, but now I am really wishing that I lived in a warmer climate.  Don't like the cold and snow all that much any more.  I sure do hope that you are right about the New Year.  All I feel in my bones is aches and pains.  haha 

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.  I hope you all had a happy, fun and safe new years eve.  Hope that there aren't too many hangovers out there. 

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1943 on: January 18, 2009, 04:19:24 pm »

where did everybody go!?
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: January 21, 2009, 10:27:11 am »

That is exactly what I was thinking.  I was the last to post so I was waiting to see if someone else would post.  It is really great to see that you are still out there.  I hope that the new year has been good to you so far.  Nothing exciting has been happening here for me.  Just the same old stuff.  I am really sick of winter already.  I used to love the snow, but now I am really sick of it and this freezing cold.  Today is a bit better.  A regular heat wave.  It is suppose to go all the way up to 30 degrees. Undecided   I want to go and stay with my sister in LA.  That's about it for here.  What is happening in your neck of the woods?

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1945 on: February 01, 2009, 06:45:17 pm »

Wowww. It's been slow around here! That's sad. =(
Nothing exciting to report. It's still cold as ever and very boring.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 01, 2009, 07:32:24 pm »

It is sad that it is so quite around here anymore. 
Not much is happening around here either.  It was 38 degrees here today so I went for a drive, but that is about it.  Hoping to go to see a movie tomorrow.  It is my husbands turn to choose the movie so it will probably be that Mall Cop movie.  Look funny so that is okay. 

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: February 07, 2009, 10:52:53 pm »

WOW! It's been, not only above 0, but in the double digits for the past 3 days now!! What a feat to have overcome this winter! Yesterday and today have felt so so nice, the sun shining down, being able to walk outside without having 15 layers on, being able to breath when walking outside and not having your breath shoved back inside your body with the first step out the door. It was nice to get a few days of warmer temps - that 40 degree day a few Saturdays ago was just a tease! But, it was great, people were so friendly, smiling, dancing, it was GREAT! It's amazing how much weather effects you, in so many ways. I'm really looking forward to it getting nicer out. I'm hoping to start walking outside and building up my endurance. I've got a few walks for aids, cancer, and breast cancer that I'm hoping to do this spring/summer and I've got to be in better shape! Smiley

Hope that you're all doing well! It's a quick post but wanted to say hi and celebrate some warmer weather with everyone! Yay! Celebrate

Cheers~ Mel xx

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 16, 2009, 05:41:05 pm »

What has happened to all of out Midwesterners?  I hope that you are all doing well and that the bitter cold is behind us.  It has been a really great few days here in South East Michigan.  It is going to get cold again, but I hope not bitter cold.  Spring is just around the corner, I hope.  Well, Hello to all of you.  Hope you come around for a visit soon.

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 23, 2009, 07:36:05 pm »

Spring is finally here and the temps are finally proving to be a bit warmer. Yes!!

I haven't been around a lot lately but have decided tonight I would stop in to check things out again. This forum means too much to me to and the people who I've been fortunate enough to cross paths with and enjoy the company of to just stop coming all together. But the time between visits has definitely increased. I don't want the day to come where there isn't any visits made. Sad That would make me sad.

There's so much going on lately in my life, and it's good things, all good, great things! My mind just keeps running at a million miles per minute. It's hard to slow it down with so much going on. I'll share a little with here quick....if you're interested.

1) I'm engaged to be married to my best friend and main lifeline. We decided to get married together, no formal proposal was made. We are getting married this Sept. 2009, with immediate family and close friends there with us. It will be very nice - I'm so excited!

2) I'm nearing the end of the first semester of my graduate work - I'm done on 4/18 with this semester, I have a two week break and then on to the next one. I like having this one almost done though - another thing to cross off my list. Smiley

3) We're looking to buy a house and while that brings about much excitement and happiness, it brings about a lot of nervousness too. We're both a little scared to make the plunge but really hoping it will work out as we're both feeling apartment life isn't working as well as it once had. Hoping to find a house by the end of the year.

4) My sister is expecting her first child in May, she's due May 1st, May Day! I'll be an auntie and can not wait!! I'm so excited!

There's been so much going on - with the addition that I just turned 30 last week...yep, 30 and I couldn't be more happy about it! Things are going really well and I'm so happy to report it! Hope that things are going really well for everyone else too!! Miss this thread and my Midwestern friends! Enjoy the springtime and warmer weather! Hope you're enjoying life! Whatever it has to offer you...enjoy!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131
  Print  

Jump to: