GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 03:07:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ya Betcha!" Gilmore Fans in Minnesota (as well as anywhere else in the Midwest)  (Read 510545 times)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: December 03, 2008, 10:58:19 pm »

Hi Grace ~  I played the violin once, kind of.  My girlfriend was taking lessons at school when we were in 6th grade but really hated it so she would come home and teach me because I really wanted to learn, but my parents wouldn't let me play.  We would shut ourselves up in her room and I would do the practicing while she did other stuff.  Her mom caught us one day and that was the end of my lessons.  It was a fun six weeks or so anyway  Cheesy.

I am glad that you are enjoying being back in Milwaukee and enjoying the snow.  The joys of driving in the snow are awaiting you.   I hope that you will enjoy your behind the wheel experience.  Just take it easy and don't let it scare you.  I took my driving lessons during the summer and then my dad wouldn't let me drive during the following winter unless the streets were dry.  That really made me mad at the time. 

My brother used to live in Marysville, Tennessee for several years, but moved back here about 10 years ago. 

I have been to Grand Rapids several times.  It is really nice there.  I live about 18 miles, give or take, west of Detroit and I really love Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum.  I get a membership for there every year.  There are days where I will go just to ride the train around the village a few times or just to go in with a lunch and sit somewhere and eat and read and to watch the people.  It is funny that you know of and have been to one of my favorite places. 

Everyone enjoy your week.  I have a crappy cold so tomorrow I am planning on sleeping in. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: December 05, 2008, 06:04:10 am »

Hello all!  I've been lurking a bit this morning and I thought I'd just do a quick shout out.   I'm actually in a really crummy mood due to a nasty sinus infection that has been inducing almost daily morning migraines.   I should be resting, but i need to have my head up to try to let the sinuses drain in another direction.  I don't mean to come on here and just complain so I won't.

Grace - I'm happy for you to be back home in WI, however it's too bad for your family that your house didn't sell.  I hope job-wise it worked out okay for your family.    Driving ... and learning to drive ... so many crazy memories ... especially in the winter.   Good luck!

Mel:  Hey girl!  I hope you're doing okay!  I think of you often, especially when I'm out and about in the Cities.... I'm always wondering if we are ever in the same spot and just walking right by each other.  What is keeping you busy these days, now that school is way past you?  We've been talking about hooking up forever, we really need to do it sometime next year.  My schedule is quite flexible, heck Andrew and I could hit the Children's Museum and do lunch with you sometime.  Don't you work close to there?

Cheri:  Hello again!  I hope your medical appointment went okay.  I spent thanksgiving week with my family, and my husband joined us after work and my parents were catching up on tons of appointments.  All routine check-ups and such, but it sure can wear you down going from one place to the other with all of the uncomfortable stuff inbetween. 

You mentioned master gift cards?  Are those the ones they sell at grocery stores that are gift cards to practically any place you can imagine?  I've seen those and the first time I thought, man that'd make some shopping way easy.  But then we read the fine print (isn't it sad that everything these days has fine print?) and each of them have an extra hidden fee that you pay for the convenience of buying the card at the store.  After reading that and being the cheapo bargain shopper I am, I've never looked at them again.  However the idea of spreading out the gift buying throughout the year it s a good one, we've been slowly getting gifts since early Nov or so as things go on sale, we grab them. 

Thanksgiving was good. A week with family and not having to worry about my own mess, just to help out at my moms.  Unfortunately that leaves lots to do here and I've been too sick to worry about anything here this week.  Lots of piles.  My mom and I did get away to see BOLT and it was sooo cute, the writing was well done and it was just a fun show.  Check out my comments on Heidi's thread about it!

Andrew is now 16 months, as of yesterday and he is a handful.  He's been walking since early October and he is practically running all over.  He jabbers all of the time, but not many real words yet.   He is so happy, lovable and fun.  He loves dogs and well bark whenever he sees one.  (Sometimes it sounds more like a grunt to all animals in general.)  He has 4 front teeth on top and 2 on the bottom, as well as a bottom third stating to poke it's way through and a few molars poking around in the back of his mouth too. His fine blond(white) hair is starting to poke up more, but at a glace he still looks like a baldie.  AT his 15 month appt he was almost 20 lbs and 31 inches tall, so he's still a tiny guy ... but so full of energy he never stops.  Speaking of that energy I hear him stirring.  I better run, his schedule has been so off lately with me being sick and al.

IF I don't make it back wish everyone  a Happy Holiday Season!  Love you all!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: December 05, 2008, 01:04:52 pm »

Hi Melissa.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well what with the sinus infection and migraines.  I kind of know what you are going through because I have a bad head and chest cold and am really congested.  I have high blood pressure so I have to watch what medicines I take for it.  I am glad that I'm not getting migraines with it.  When I get them, which isn't very often, I am usually down with them for three or four days with no releif periods.  This is day five and I am starting to feel a bit better.  Hope you will be feeling better real soon.

That doctor's apointment went okay.  Was getting the results from getting a big, ugly mole taken off of my breast.  There was a syst in it but nothing to worry about and it is healing just fine.  I did have two more moles taken off, one on each breast and will find out the results of those next week.  I think that is all that I have to get taken off, for now anyway.

The Master Card gift cards are ones that can be used anywhere you can use a master card and yes there is a fee to buy them, but it is just a couple of dollars.  Not much to worry about.  If you get the American Express ones, the fee is more so I stay away from those.  I like to get the gift cards when I have some extra money and put them aside for when something comes up and I need a little extra money.  I also like to use them if I order something on line because I don't like giving my credit card numbers on line. 

I am glad that your Thanksgiving was good.  Ours was too.  I won't go into it here because I mentioned it earlier.  I am, however, getting ready to have a belated Thanksgiving here tomorrow.  We always go away for Thanksgiving Day and then usually the saturday after we have one here at home for just the five of us so that we can have  the stuff that we like to eat prepared the way we like it and so we have left overs.  Last saturday Mark had to work so we are having it tomorrow.  Unfortunately Mark has to work tomorrow, but we are still going to have it.  Hopefully he will be home on time to eat with us.  It looks like his schedule is being changed so that he has Sunday and Mondays off for awhile. 

BOLT looks like it is a cute movie.  I haven't seen it yet, but I would like to.  Mark and I did go to see FOUR CHRISTMASAS last Sunday.  It was okay, but I am not a fan of Vince Vaughan and his character was the same as he always plays.  Very self centered and annoying.  I think that it will be the last Vince Vaughan movie that I will go to see.  I am looking forward to seeing MARLEY AND ME when it comes out. 

Wow, Andrew is 16 months already.  Hard to believe.  You will have to put up a new pic of him.  He sounds so cute.  Well, I know that he is cute by the pic in you sig.  Reading about him brings back memories of my kids when they were that age.  Oh to have my kids little again when they were so precious.  Now they are harder to deal with even with two of them out of the house.  It was so much easier when they were younger and all here at home.  Oh well, they do have to grow up and go out on their own at some point in life.  Still love them, though, and they still are a joy most of the time.  I wish that I had half of the energy that kids have.  It would make my life a bit easier.

Well, the timer on the oven is telling my that my pies for tomorrow are done so I bet get going. 

Hope that everyones weekend is great. 

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1923 on: December 08, 2008, 05:26:48 pm »

No posts in three days? What the heckkk. LOL.

So, anyone up for a story?
This past weekend, I spent 11 hours studying for my chemistry test and I took it today and thought I did amazinggg, but then I get it back and what do I get? An 80% *#$%($*%(*$&%$* I was not at all pleased. UGH!

Ok, I have to do some more homework. Hope all is well.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: December 08, 2008, 06:15:37 pm »

Aw, I am sorry that your story didn't have as good an ending as you would have liked.  Or all of the studing and test taking.  Now I was very happy when I got an 80% on my chemistry tests.  I loved chem class, but the highest that I ever got was like 90%.  Well, I hope that you will knock them dead on the next test.  Of course, not literally.

It has been really slow all around the forum lately.  More so then before.  I guess everyone is getting ready for the holidays. 

I have to run, too.  There is a movie coming on that I want to watch.  Hope everyone's week will be great.  They are talking about a lot of snow tonight and tomorrow.  I hope we don't get too much.  We have been lucky so far, but it has been really cold. 

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1925 on: December 14, 2008, 10:25:52 pm »

i seem to have developed some sort of insomnia. not such a bad thing considering finals start this friday. lol. just thought i'd drop by and say hi. =)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: December 16, 2008, 05:48:20 pm »

Insomnia is good if you are studing for finals, just don't crash during the finals of friday.  Good luck. 

We are getting hit with snow right now and are expected to get several inches before it ends.  Usually the bad stuff goes north of us, but it looks like we are in the middle of it's path so we probably will get hit pretty good.  Or bad.  Which ever way you want to look at it.

Well, hope everyone is having a good week so far. 

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1927 on: December 16, 2008, 07:28:03 pm »

yayy for snow! we've gotten 3-4 inches already. We didn't have school yesterday because the roads were so bad, we may have another day off tomorrow. I love snow... haha.

Just watched the Biggest Loser, I am totally obsessed with that show! I love it. LOL.

Okay, I am so hyper, but I need to study! I'll be back around later this week to see how everyone's doing. =)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: December 18, 2008, 03:37:40 pm »

Yay, you finally got your snow day.  Did you get a second one?  We have a couple of inches here that we got the other day and we are expecting more snow tonight and then again on Sunday.  Snow is really pretty, but I hate driving in it and I worry about my family until they are all safe at home. 

How is the insomnia and the studing for finals going? 

Hope everyone is doing great and that you are all ready, or close to being ready for the holidays.   Santa

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1929 on: December 19, 2008, 07:47:55 am »

I didn't get another snow day til today, but still, I cannot complain about a three day week. And, finals were supposed to start today, but they're pushed back to Monday now. I am incredibly grateful for the extra three days to study. Yayyy.

But the down side if the half-inch of ice that we got last night and this morning. All the trees are falling over, several have broken limbs, the power's gone out three times...but we are all okay and safe and warm.

I hope that everyone else can say the same! Hopefully, the weather gets better for Christmas! =)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: December 19, 2008, 10:47:06 am »

Congrats on getting another snow day and for getting three extra days to study for finals.

Yuck on the half-inch of ice that you got.  It can really be dangerous and cause a lot of problems and damage as you well know.  I hope that you still have your electricity, otherwise you won't be able to read this  :DWe got about five inches of snow overnight and it is still snowing.  It is really beautiful, but I worry about my family who had to go into work today.  I didn't get any phone calls from employers so I know that they made it into work this morning.  Mark, my husband, is on the road all day with work so I have to worry about him all day, not just the ride home.  I hope that they are keeping up with the clearing the roads.  Our street hasn't been done yet so all we have are deep ruts.  I'm not sure when the snow is suppose to stop, but I did hear that we are suppose to get more snow on Sunday.   Great, there is a car stuck in the snow in front of our house.  I sure hope that my daughter will be able to get in when she gets home. 

I hope that everyone is doing fine and that the weather hasn't caused a lot of problems for you.  Stay safe and warm. 

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: December 19, 2008, 08:10:23 pm »

HELLO MIDWESTERNERS!!!

Burrrrrr! Baby, it's cold outside!!

I hope that everyone is getting excited for the holidays!! They're coming around sooner than I thought. I still need to get two packages off yet and don't know if I will be able to get out tomorrow, as we're to get 4-6 inches of snow again tomorrow. Will it ever stop this week?! We've had snow and bad roads all week long. Not as bad as some of you though...Cheri, I know it's been snowing like made there and people are getting stuck in front of your house. It doesn't sound much better for you J...hope that you're staying safe and sound!

I haven't been around lately, (obviously), but wanted to at least peek in and say hello to everyone! I'll be quite busy next week but hope to get in at least once before the holiday again! I hope everyone is staying nice and warm and safe! Winter can be beautiful but it can be so dangerous as well.

They are trying to save money this year in our city, so they aren't plowing as often and aren't plowing the side streets, just the main streets. And they aren't using salt with the plows this year...they did some treatment to the streets to make the ice melt better and faster or something. I don't know - but it's causing a lot more accidents because the streets are well taken care of...so it might be saving the city some money but it's sure not helping the individuals!! And with everything else being so expensive and costly, it's not good to have to worry about getting into an accident just because the stupid city won't plow better! ARGH!?! Alright, onto a different subject. That wasn't what I meant to come here and do...sorry!! Tongue

Not much else to report other than the crappy weather, but it seems to be everywhere...even Vegas had snow for the first time in a LONG time! It looked funny to see snow men and palm trees! ha! I know many places have it a lot worse than we do here in MN, so I hope that people are being cautious!

I start school again in January and don't know how I feel about it. I may have mentioned that before, if so, I apologize. I just can't help but think about it. It's not far off and as quickly as time is flying by, it will be here in the blink of an eye. I'm going to have SO much studying and work to do and not that I don't want to try hard and learn, it's just a bit overwhelming as to how much we're going to have to do. I guess I knew that going into this though so I shouldn't be surprised. It was my decision and I'm going to do fine. I just have to stop being so anxious about things and just wait to see how it all works out. I want so badly to do well but I also know that I've become quite lazy the past few months without being in school. I need to find some motivation again! ha!

What is everyone doing for the holidays?? Anything new and fun?

What is your favorite thing to do during the holiday?? Do you spend it with family, friends, anyone?

I can't wait to hear how others are spending their holiday and how everyone is doing!

It's been a long time but it always feels so wonderful to be back 'home'!! Wink Hope you're in the holiday spirit and if not, soon will be! 'Tis the season!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: December 20, 2008, 04:22:21 pm »

Mel, it is always great to see you here to brighten up the thread.  Love the graphics you added to your post and really love your new sig.  I am still loving mine.  Thank you again.

It is major cold here, too.  Tomorrow it is only going up to (or down to) 8 degress and is to be really windy and we are to get more snow.  They are saying one to two inches but with the wind being so strong, it will be blowing the snow that we already have and will be causing the snow to be deeper.  Our roads aren't plowed out either.  Mark and Erin say that the main streets are pretty bad still, but I haven't been out to see for myself.  I wish that we had a wider driveway because with the snow Erin has to park in the drive just in case they do come by with the snow plows.  She and Mark have to keep going out to move their cars around because they leave and come home at different times and usually get stuck in the snow.  We have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, but I would rather stay home.  Unfortunately, there are several things that we are out of so i have to go.  Yuck!!!  We still have people getting stuck on our street. 

I know what you mean about the cities not plowing or salting to save money and that just means more accidents and cars needing to be towed out of the deep snow and the ditches.  It is really rediculous. 

Don't get so worked up about school.  You are just freaking yourself out.  You will do fine.  You just have to get back into a routine.  Your motivation is the degree at the end and then you will be done and can move on to what you really want to do in your life.  You can and will do it. 

Don't really do anything all that special for Christmas.  Just have the kids over, if they decide to come, to open gifts and have dinner.  As you know, Jillian won't be here.  Then the Sunday after Christmas with have Christmas breakfast (brunch) with Mark's family.  That is always a lot of fun. 

What are you doing for Christmas?

I hope that everyone is ready for the holidays, whatever you are celebrating, and that you are able to enjoy it.  I am not ready yet, but hope to be real soon.  If not by Tuesday, everyone will just have to deal with it because after that, I won't be able to get out to do anything else.  Oh well. 

HAPPY HOLLIDAYS EVERYONE!   Wow, just realized that there is only 11 more days to the new year.  Can't believe how fast time goes by anymore. 

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1933 on: December 21, 2008, 10:33:11 am »

wowww. The weather here is insane! It is still incredibly icy on all the side roads. The main roads are fine for the most part. There are still several areas that are without power and are being told that it will be days. We, luckily, never lost power. Thank god. It snowed a little bit again last night but we are supposed to get more today. Last I heard, the temperature was around -1 right now, but with the wind it feels like -24. It is insane. If it stays like this and we get the snow they are predicting, I don't think we are going to have school on Monday.

That's usually really nice, but if we don't go on Monday, but we do go on Tuesday, we will have to take all seven of our finals in one day. That would be crazy and I don't think that'd I'd do very good. I'm a little nervous for finals as it is because I thought I'd have this weekend to study, but I've had people staying over since they don't have power. I am going to have to spend the rest of the day going over everything again. I can't believe that there are only two more days until I am halfway done with my senior year. =) I'm so excited.

I also can't believe Christmas is only four days away! This is the first year that we are going to spend Christmas at home with our new house completely finished. It's amazing. We have three trees up and we are all really excited. We are doing Christmas totally traditionally, though. On Christmas day, my youngest sister willl be getting her "Santa" presents and the rest of us will be getting a Wii to share, and then when my dad's job picks up we will be celebrating Christmas fully. It's not ideal, but we all understand it and we're okay with it. That day we will also be celebrating with my dad's parents and getting some gifts and what not. It'll be strange, but whatever.

There are seven kids in my family and instead of each of us buying for all six, we do a Secret Santa, and we went shopping for that last night, it was insane...we were all trying to avoid each other at the mall. LOL.

I think I have rambled about Christmas enough...bahaha. Talk to you soooon. =)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 21, 2008, 06:21:10 pm »

The weather here is really insane, too.  We got a lot of snow a few days ago, about 7 inches give or take, and the side streets are really bad because the city isn't plowing them.  The main streets aren't too bad.  It is incredibly cold and windy here.  About two hours ago, the news said that it was 1 degree plus the wind chill, like you said, makes it even worse.  I can't believe how much worse this winter is already than last winter.  Well, atleast we didn't get the ice like you got *knocking on wood*

I hope that you won't get a snow day tomorrow just so you won't have to take all of your finals on one day on Tuesday.  That would really be insane to have to take them all in one day.  I would probably freak out.  Hopefully you won't and I hope you do better than you think that you might.  Just don't let it freak you out.  I hope that you were able to do some studying today.  Do you have family staying with you because of the power outage or are they friends of the family?  You must really have a full house what with your big family and your guests. 

Wow, half way through your senior year.  That is really exciting.  I remember my senior year.  It was really the best and most of the second half was spent getting ready for graduation and college for those who were going.  It was great.

That is really nice that you will be celebrating Christmas in your completely finished new house.  Even if money is tight, it will be great.  It is really nice how you will be celebrating and how everyone understands how it needs to be.  Things are really tight for everyone this year.  We just have to be thankful for what we have.  Mark is from a family of six boys and for many years now, there wives.  It got to the point where we did the secret santa thing and so did all of our kids.  Now we don't even do that, we just all get together the Sunday after Christmas and have a big brunch and then spend the day talking, playing games and just enjoying ourselves.  That is really funny about all of you trying to avoid each other in the mall trying to find the gifts for each other. 

Well, if I don't get a chance to come back before Christmas, I hope that every one has a very Merry Christmas.  For those of you who do not celebrate Christmas, I hope that the holiday that you do celebrate is happy.  I wish everyone peace, safety and happines always.

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131
  Print  

Jump to: