GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 02:54:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 131
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ya Betcha!" Gilmore Fans in Minnesota (as well as anywhere else in the Midwest)  (Read 510542 times)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2006, 03:19:16 pm »

Here a place for all of us in those cold Midwestern States to chat it up here. We will be able to understand each other with all of our Norwegin like accents!  ANYONE IS WELCOME!

So happy chatting!

Here's the LONG AWAITED LIST of us important people!

Minnesota Fans Here!
MasBYUGal -- Melissa -- Apple Valley Area
*Katie* -- Rochester
Sooks --Melissa -- St.Paul(by way of Burnsville)
xiheartdeanx --Moorhead
rory1027 --

Michigan Fans Here!--
wmushell -- Michelle -- Detroit
trickyiu -- Amy -- Brighton(Detroit suburb)
Lucie -- Shelby -- Detroit Area

Missouri Fans Here!-
Poptartpm -- Duszenia -- DUZ for short Smiley
LitLover - Sharon

Illinois Fans Here!-
Aimmers514 -- Chicago
 x_ch0c0 - Pri  - Chicago Area

Ohio Fans Here!-
Simply Cynical  -- Kelly -- Cleveland

Honorary Minnesotans!
Beth -- Will be in Northfield!  Congrats gal! 

Viking Fans
peaceful -- Tadd

Midwesterner in spirit and by blood
gilmoregirlsrox!45  - Claire

Minnesota.  Located below on this political map of the U.S!

Here's our flag....

Our state flower... the Lady Slipper.

Our state bird...

LOL!  Just kidding.... our real state bird is the Common Loon.

Here's Minneapolis...

Oh and how could I forget .... it's about 20 minutes from my home!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 02:35:30 pm by MasBYUgal » Logged

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
Poptartpm
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 152

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 03:21:19 pm »

Hey...Is Missouri a Midwestern state? I think it is but i'm not sure  Huh

Ciara to the STAGE. When ya fav gawn do it?
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 03:22:46 pm »

I'd consider Missouri as a state in the MidWest, you are more than happy to join us here. Maybe I should start a list of all of our buddies?

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
*Katie*
Diner Regular

Community Points: 305

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 03:23:36 pm »

"Ya betcha" *snickers* You're so funny Melissa.

Okay, so I know a few of you mid-westerners. But come on, introduce yourselves the rest of you!

Sure, we will expand the midwest and include Missouri.

Buddies would be good.

Celebrate Find a reason to celebrate! Celebrate
Poptartpm
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 152

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 03:27:46 pm »

Ok..I Can Post Here. Missouri Is A Midwestern State.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 01:37:02 pm by Poptartpm » Logged

Ciara to the STAGE. When ya fav gawn do it?
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 04:07:43 pm »

Great idea for a thread, Melissa!  Smiley  I have noticed there are a lot of Midwesterners here on the org.  We were talking about it in the Gilmore Guys thread a while back.

I've lived in the midwest my entire life.  I was born near Chicago and that is where my family is from.  We all still consider it home and I go there quite often.  Chicago is a wonderful place on beautiful Lake Michigan!

I grew up mostly in St. Louis and have very happy memories from there.  If you ever have a chance to go up in the Arch, it's a blast.  I actually wouldn't mind living there again.  St. Louis is located on the mighty Mississippi River.

I currently live in motown -- Detroit rock city!

Yep, I'm definitely a Midwestern girl!  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:25:22 pm by wmushell » Logged

*Katie*
Diner Regular

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 04:50:57 pm »

wmushell, is your name Michelle? I think you told me a while back, but I can't remember.

I have lived in Rochester, MN all my life.

We are home to the Mayo Clinic.

And we sit kind of on a hill so we have some spectacular sunsets here!

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 05:20:38 pm »

Nice work gals, I especially LOVE the midwest map Michelle.  Can we add that to the official first post, I can modify it? 

What else should we put on the first list guys?  Should we have a list of the states and who is from where, etc...?  Please let me know what you would like to add, I mean it's not just MY thread...it's OUR thread.

While we're sharing hometown stuff, here's a bit more from myne.  I was born and lived in WINONA until I was 17!

The banks of the Mississippi River of my hometown, here is a paddle boat in dock there.  The bridge in the background crossed over to Wisconsin, our neighboring state.  The area around the river is called the levee and was a popular hangout spot for some youth.  Sometimes on the 4th of July, this is where we would go to watch the fireworks.

Here's an old looking postcard of where my dad used to work at in Winona.

Here are some of the products they are famous for selling, their Vanill and the cinnamon is the best!

I was hoping to find pics of the beautiful stained glass windows, but I couldn't find any!

Here's a view of my hometown, I sure miss those beautiful bluffs.  As you can tell, during the fall they are a flame of red, orange, and yellow.  That rock thing, is called Sugar Loaf....lol...whenever Dri's talks about the 'sugar loaf' in Rio, this is what I think of!

Here is a shot from the local makeout point...yes I had brought boyfriends there.  (but never at night;() THe water shown here is the lakes, not the Mighty Missy!

« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 05:22:16 pm by MasBYUgal » Logged

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 06:56:15 pm »

This is a wonderful thread! I love it! Ya! Ya betcha! Smiley

I was adopted but technically lived in Minnesota since I was 'born'. I came to Minnesota when I was 7 months old to a wonderful and loving family in Burnsville. I am Korean (just like Lane!) and am proud to be so!

I have lived in the following places within the Midwest:
Burnsville, Winona (went to college there @ St. Mary's right after high school), St. Paul (current residence - I LOVE it!), Ankeny Iowa (for two years shortly after college - the WORST two years of my life...not because it was in Iowa just because of life at the time!).

I have only been out of Minnesota for 3 years and 7 months. (Two in Iowa and 1 in Pennsylvania)

I love this state and love the city! I don't find myself moving out anytime soon! There's so much that I love about this state that I had once thought was just 'blah blah blah' - until you move out, you don't realize what you have right in front of you perhaps.

Here are few things I love about Minnesota: (Perhaps more to come later)

Minnesota State Fair (wouldn't miss it for the world...LOVE the fair!)

The capitol of Minnesota - St. Paul

Duluth, Minnesota (a favorite place to vacation - and I don't even have to leave the state!)

Xcel Energy Center

The Ordway Theater (Minnesota has some of the BEST theatre in the country!)

The Beautiful Bluffs of Winona (Oh boy do I miss them!)

Alright, that's about it for the long winded post! I hope to learn more about the other states that make up the Midwest too!
I was just saying in a different thread, wouldn't it be fun to have a Gilmore Girls 'meeting' for the Midwest fans?!?! I'm sure it's been thought of before, just thought it would be fun! I've done that for one other fan site I was a part of and it was the BEST!!! Just an idead...

Thanks again Melissa!

EDIT: Totally didn't realize that was the same picture as you posted, Melissa (of Winona) it was just the first picture that Google brought up and it was PRETTY! I'll go look for another one right now...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 08:12:06 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 03:17:30 pm »

Michelle
"Great idea for a thread, Melissa!    I have noticed there are a lot of Midwesterners here on the org.  We were talking about it in the Gilmore Guys thread a while back."
Sooks
This is a wonderful thread! I love it! Ya! Ya betcha!
Awww, thanks guys!  It's OUR THREAD, SO tell me what you want us to do with it.  Should we have a lits of everyone from each state and some small picture to honor each state?  Let me know what you think?

Sooks
"I was adopted but technically lived in Minnesota since I was 'born'. I came to Minnesota when I was 7 months old to a wonderful and loving family in Burnsville. I am Korean (just like Lane!) and am proud to be so!"

"I have lived in the following places within the Midwest:
Burnsville, Winona (went to college there @ St. Mary's right after high school), St. Paul (current residence - I LOVE it!), Ankeny Iowa (for two years shortly after college - the WORST two years of my life...not because it was in Iowa just b"

Wow, now I find out you went to SMU, so funny and in my hometown.  You must be like my Korean twin sister!  I actually took a class at SMU before moved to Mankato and then came back and graduated at WSHS.  Thank goodness for PSEO - I'd recommend it to anyone - especially seniors!

Sooks
Minnesota State Fair (wouldn't miss it for the world...LOVE the fair!)

The fair is fun.  We went on the 1st saturday this summer and we had a blast.  The day we went it wasn't too hot and it was a fun day all around.  We were able to be in the audience for the Kare11 news at 5 and that was cool.  I think the funniest part was the screams from the girls when Sven Svengard walked out for autographs, or when he just walked on stage.  So funny!

Speaking of Kare11 and other broadcast news stations in general, I was sad to learn that post 9/11 they don't do tours.  Sad because a couple students I work with need to do a tour of a TV station or a newspaper, we thought it would be so cool to see a TV station, but it looks like that won't be in the cards.  When I asked the teacher about it she said that she's had students tour all of the local stations, but they have all have connections.  So....if any of you have connections....Wink

Sooks, great picture of Duluth.  It's so pretty up there....that's where my husband and I went on our honeymoon.  We were there about a weekend before the summer season started, so unfortunately a lot of the places were closed!

Sooks
"EDIT: Totally didn't realize that was the same picture as you posted, Melissa (of Winona) it was just the first picture that Google brought up and it was PRETTY! I'll go look for another one right now..."
No stress, you actually posted the same St. Paul picture, but no big deal!  I say you leave it up, it's so pretty!

[/color]

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
*Katie*
Diner Regular

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 03:19:40 pm »

Oh yes, please leave it up. We have to love our beautiful state. Melissa, where does your lilttle sister live?

wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 03:20:29 pm »

Nice work gals, I especially LOVE the midwest map Michelle.  Can we add that to the official first post, I can modify it? 
Sure -- feel free to use it!  Wink  When you put it on the first post, I'll take it off of mine.  Here's the link:

http://www.odfl.com/images/maps/SRMapMW.gif

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 03:26:13 pm »

Oh yes, please leave it up. We have to love our beautiful state. Melissa, where does your lilttle sister live?
They are up in the Maple Grove area, so only about an hour North of where we are.  Not to far, so we do dinners on sundays often when our schedules coincide!

Thanks Michelly...I'll edit it soon.  I love the pics I have there, but we want to make it more Midwest friendly...don't want to scare the others away!

Any other requests for OUR page guys?[/color]

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
*Katie*
Diner Regular

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 03:28:33 pm »

Sorry guys I am a but paranoid. I had to take the pictures down. If you REALLY want to see them, you can PM me.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:38:03 pm by *Katie* » Logged

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 06:10:31 pm »

Ah thanks for sharing, I will start a list when I'm up to re-editing all of the pics and stuff.  Nice fish, I should post Fish pictures, but I'm not the one holding it!  I can't stand the way they feel, it creeps me out thinking of it. However nothing beats wyoming trout!  Mnnnn....makes me hungry just thinking abou it!  I love the talent show pics!

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 131
  Print  

Jump to: