GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 09:28:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How much of a Spree are you?
I watch the promos.
I read the summaries for the new episodes.
I watch the promos and read the summaries.
I neither watch promos nor read the summaries.

Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 785
  Print  
Author Topic: We are the SPREES! - The Spoiler Free Thread  (Read 2065133 times)
rorygilmoregirl93
Inn Manager

Community Points: 251

View Profile
« Reply #11670 on: August 26, 2008, 06:53:19 am »

Wow I haven't posted in forever. Sorry.

I don't have time to catch up right now (weekends make that easier) but I would just like to say, today is my first tennis match!
At about 2 PM today (PST)
It will be interesting.

MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #11671 on: August 26, 2008, 11:39:39 am »

Everyone say a little prayer for me. I have a job interview this Friday at 9 am. I hope and pray I get it!  Smitten

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
I LUV JESS~!!
Inn Chef

Community Points: 598

Hey

View Profile
« Reply #11672 on: August 26, 2008, 03:52:12 pm »

Hey people! So, I went to camp and I just got back last Thursday. It was fun! The dance, midieval dinner, the WOLP (Wilderness Outdoor Leadership Program) Olympics, and the WOLP hike were my favorite things. The olympic games were human foosball and this game called Prisoner. My 'country' won foosball and we would have won Prisoner if the teams were equal. But hey, even though we were at a disadvantage, we were tied in the end (they won in overtime), hence our gold medal in teamwork. What's cool about the hike is that after you hike out, it just like a hang out. There's nothing planned, you just do what you want to do. Then the next day we have a mud fight. Midieval dinner was crazy, it was hilarious! No couth, no utencils, people were yelling to pass the "cream tomatoes", it was wild. Cheesy Ahhh, I love camp.†

Aw Mel, that sucks. I want to go, too, but it is expensive. Have you tried ebay? That Breaking Dawn concert, I wanted to go so bad, and that's how I got to go. I didn't think I was gonna win and I did, so you should try, you never know. And how was your vacation? Where'd you go again?

Katy, I just read your post so you already went to the interview. How'd it go? I'll still pray about it.

Hey Kami! Dude, that class just sounds hard. Congrats on being done! Keep us updated with the computer guy and tell me when you finish Breaking Dawn, or any of the other ones.

Ali, you're in tennis now?? You're always doing something new. How was your first match?

School's already starting like in two weeks, my orientation is tomorrow. I'm trying to change one of my classes to theatre/drama. Oh yeah, I'm all into that now. My mom told me to get my feet wet first and if I like it, then she'll put me in acting classes and get me a coach and stuff.
Oh, anyone watch Pineapple Express? Me and my mom went to watch that and Step Brothers last Saturday. Step Brothers was funny but Pineapple was hilarious!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 03:53:20 pm by I LUV JESS~!! » Logged

Brenda Hearts
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight Hearts x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #11673 on: August 27, 2008, 07:48:31 am »

Lexy - Hope your tennis match went well and that you won! That's awesome!

Katy - Let us know how the job interview goes! I'll be thinkin' of ya! You'll be great!

Brenda - Hey, girl!!! I was thinking about you last night and wanting to send a PM your way but came here to see that you'd posted!! How cool is that?! How are you? I'll still send that PM to you soon. I'm glad to hear you were able to take in a few [funny and hilarious] movies lately! That always helps. I can't believe the school is right around the corner for everyone again. It seems like it just ended, doesn't it? Are you excited for school this year? What a stupid question?! ha! I will try eBay - that's a good point. Otherwise, I'll just have to go to Chicago to see it - and that wouldn't be out of the question either. I'll figure something out! Good point though, thanks! Smiley And I'm really glad that you had such a great time at camp again this year! I remember you saying that were excited for it and hope you can keep the memories forever! That makes me so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time again this year! Hope that everything else is going well - with you and your family and sister! You're in my thoughts!
(And let me know about a Twilight sig...I'll still try to make something for you if you'd like.)

Hope everyone enjoys the last part of summer...don't let it slide by ya!! Catch is hold on to it as long as you can! Be well and live merry!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: August 27, 2008, 05:20:31 pm »

cheers to the last week before school starts-
and how am i gonna celebrate it?
chill out with friends that i havent seen in ages,
go on a CRUISE- which i just came back from- (more later)
and spend as much time on the computerr XD

the crusie was amazing.
stopped off at so many AHMAZINGGG pllaces. i have pics Smiley
it was aroundd the SOUTH CARRIBEANN! five islandss;
it was amazingg.....

stephhaniee

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #11675 on: August 28, 2008, 09:56:51 pm »

Hey hey everyone!

Sooks, I'm sorry about the Wicked thing. Sad I know, it's insane when it comes to getting tickets. Plus many of them run very expensive. That's also the tough thing about the Tour company. But hopefully you'll get a chance soon. You can also save up and possibly plan a future trip to Chicago?! This week has gone by pretty quickly, but it was relaxing! Classes start on the 2nd and I have mixed feelings about that!

Katy! Hey! Smiley I hope the job interview went well. Give us the dish when you can. I've been seeing your posts here and there around the ORG and I'm happy you're finding time to stop by here often. I know you usually had little access to the net. Glad that everything is going good!

Brenda! How was the Breaking Dawn concert thing? The girl I made friends with in poli sci went to the concert and she said it was just insane with screaming fans. Ugh. Oh! Oh! I'm pretty excited that the movie is due for November 21st!

I know this is a bit old, but wow what a relief that the Olympics are done. I enjoyed watching them, but by the second week I was burned out from them. But too much controversys! Phelps and that 7th medal win (I honestly can't tell who really won), and then the gymastics issues. I was kind of annoyed Nastia didn't get the second gold (that scoring was just weird) because I adored her.

It is also a relief that I have finished Breaking Dawn. Don't get me wrong, I of course love Meyer and the books (obviously!) but it was quite a long read and I was just anxious to finish. Of course the ending was a bit predictable, yet also satisfying. Natually Steph can't disappoint the fans. The words "the end" made me sad though and I loved Bella the whole way through the series. I love her random, hilarious thoughts.

Oh about "computer guy," he's just a hot guy who works at school. No potential closer chatting in the future, but just a reason to make studying fun! Cheesy

I'm working on The Mist by Stephen King now. Only a novella so I can have it done soon. Classes start next Tuesday.. ugh. I'm going to miss the summer session because I got so used to it being less packed around campus.

Later guys!

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #11676 on: August 30, 2008, 03:49:55 pm »

Well the interview part is over. Now I just have to wait - and hope and pray that they call me back with an offer!  Grin I think I did really well. I talked with the human resources lady for over an hour and she really seemed to like most of my answers to all of her questions. A lot of them were "what if" scenarios. Then she asked me if I had another half an hour to stay so I could talk to the events person - the other girl that I would be working with "if" I got the job. She also gave me a list of benefits that they offer. So I figured that was a good sign.  Smiley

I'm supposed to find out in two weeks. Keep me in your thoughts!

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #11677 on: August 31, 2008, 12:05:52 am »

Sprees!

Well the interview part is over. Now I just have to wait - and hope and pray that they call me back with an offer!  Grin I think I did really well. I talked with the human resources lady for over an hour and she really seemed to like most of my answers to all of her questions. A lot of them were "what if" scenarios. Then she asked me if I had another half an hour to stay so I could talk to the events person - the other girl that I would be working with "if" I got the job. She also gave me a list of benefits that they offer. So I figured that was a good sign.  Smiley

I'm supposed to find out in two weeks. Keep me in your thoughts!
*crosses finger* Best of luck Katy! The interview sounds like it went perfectly. The longer the interview, the better! Smiley

Well, I did it! I got my well deserved C in political science!! Of course that will damper my GPA, but not too much. I usually do pretty well in my classes, so I should still be good. Politics just aren't me! Still, I'm very pleased that I was projected to get a Fail/D and I kicked ass. And! And! I watched Obama's speech. Smiley I'm voting in November and have no clue who to vote for, so I'm tuning into the conventions. But taking this Sarah Palin Alaskian Governor into consideration.. I just don't know what exactly McCain is thinking. Hm, this is pretty much as far as I'll go with political talk!

The other night I decided to watch Superbad again. I've seen it before, but needed to give it another go since I didn't think too much of it. It was a little better but I was too distracted by Michael Cera! Can you say cutie?! Anyway, I think the scenes with "McLovin" and the cops bought the movie down. Some of those parts were funny, yes, but I wish the other two leads had been involved. I love the 3 of them together.

I'm on to season 6 with the Girls. It's depressing because that means I'm nearing "the end." I really don't enjoy seasons six and seven as much as I do the first three. Those are hands down my favorites! I'm cool with four and five.

Gossip Girl comes back on the 1st! Soo excited!

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #11678 on: September 05, 2008, 04:19:44 pm »

hey kami,
did you watch the premiere of gossip girl?
i know i did! Smiley

SPRREESS!
so the first week of school is over and unfortunately for me, i have homework.
which means i have to do it.
yeah. or i should. so when im not cooped up with abook, ill be on the ORG, or on facebook..
OR chillin with friends.
its also my cousins bday party!

steephhh, Smiley

ps. how was YOUR first week at school?

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #11679 on: September 05, 2008, 05:27:34 pm »

hey kami,
did you watch the premiere of gossip girl?
i know i did! Smiley

SPRREESS!
so the first week of school is over and unfortunately for me, i have homework.
which means i have to do it.
yeah. or i should. so when im not cooped up with abook, ill be on the ORG, or on facebook..
OR chillin with friends.
its also my cousins bday party!

steephhh, Smiley

ps. how was YOUR first week at school?
Yes, I did watch Gossip Girl! Pretty damn good premiere. I was pleased.

I also just had my first week of the semester and it was hell. There are so many students. I'm there Monday - Thursday from 9am till 2pm. I have math every day, journalism and jazz appreciation Tuesdays/Thursdays and history Monday/Wednesday. I originally was signed up for an art history class and the moment I walked in the class I got a bad vibe. It seemed very dry and dull, so I switched to jazz appreciation which I'm much more interested in. I needed out of the art class ASAP and thankfully there was another class on the same days and at the same time. It will be a pretty big work load, but that's alright. Anyway the first week was hell mainly because I'm there for pretty much most of the morning. Plus everyone is still trying to get around, sign up, etc. I pretty much need to zig zag and dart in between people. My math class was also so crowded they had to bring in another math teacher and open up another class. By this time in about 2 months, classes will be emptied out.

And textbooks! They are so gosh damn expensive! The one I need for my mass communications class was just over 100 bucks. We were told to get our jazz books online and I found one for about $37 and the original is $109. I ordered a few other books and the total price was less than the original cost for that damn book alone.

Thank goodness today is Friday. Smiley

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #11680 on: September 05, 2008, 10:05:24 pm »

Hey Kami!!

Text Book Rant And it's even worse when you pay loads of money out the ying-yang for text books that you don't use, or use only once or twice all semester long. But the prof tells you that they need to require you to purchase the book because it's required by the institution. I'll tell you what I think about the institution then! They can take that extra book money and you know what...

Alright, sorry that was out of nowhere. I was just thinking about a lot of the money that I spent for books I hardly ever used if at all. That always made me mad...could have used it for something better. Alright, enough of the text book rant.

All About You How have you been? Glad that you got a different class - jazz appreciation sounds quite interesting. I don't know that I could do an art class that was dry and dull. Art shouldn't be dry and dull - it should be full of life and energy! Good thing they had another class that fit your schedule and didn't disturb it at all. Not often that works out so nicely.

Wicked Yeah, the Wicked thing will have to wait for now but I'm determined to see that musical before too much longer. I'm saving my pennies to see it in Chicago. Even if I just go for a long weekend. I'm going. And some friends of ours are moving out there so I can go visit them and take a day trip to Chicago to see the show. Since it's there and has been there for awhile, they should have tickets and people won't be fighting over the last ones because they don't know when the musical will be back. Hopefully, Wicked will again come to to MN and play one of our theaters here. I think it's going to be one that I'll want to see more than once. I'll get there! Just bummin' because it won't be as soon as I had hoped.

Books Let me know what you think of The Mist - I haven't read that one but have read quite a bit by Mr. King. It sounds like an easier and shorter read than most of his.

GG I don't like seasons 6 and 7 as much as the others either...I think seasons 2 and 3 are my favorites but 1-5 are all good...I don't know why I can't get into season 7 much - try as I might. I'll give another shot again soon. I'm on the VP schedule right now so that's been good because we're still in the beginning seasons. (I assume you were talking about the GG seasons) I'll feel really stupid and foolish if you weren't! Tongue

Wrap Up Well, m'dear. I hope that you enjoy your classes and that school isn't too stressful now that you're back at it. What are you majoring in, again? I think I've asked before but can't remember. It's been a long last few weeks. My grandma passed away, and she's my last living grandparent so it's been hard. We were really close so these past two weeks have been really up and down. But, I'm trying to return to some sort of normalcy and posting here. I didn't want to say much here because I'm not out for pity or sympathy or anything, but I wanted to let you know a bit of what's been going on and why I've not been around much. I don't think I'll be around a lot for awhile but couldn't help but post to you since I saw you were so busy in this thread right now! Way to keep the SPREE thread alive!

EVERYONE Hope that everyone is doing well and that school is treating those who've returned good! I can't believe the summer's gone and the fall days are shortly ahead of us. It's been really cool here - temps abnormal for this time of year yet. But, it is what it is! Here's to the beginning of fall and new things in all the learning that will take place!! You're getting smarter by the minute you guys!

Take good care~ M

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
I LUV JESS~!!
Inn Chef

Community Points: 598

Hey

View Profile
« Reply #11681 on: September 11, 2008, 07:09:53 pm »

Hey, I havenít really been around because, umÖmy sister passed away on Saturday, August 30th. She had that surgery in the beginning of July and the week after she was doing so incredibly well, guys, and there was even talk of her going home. But then she went back up to ICU with an unexplained pneumonia and about a week later she got ARDS on top of that. The doctors didnít even know how it happened nor did they know why she wasnít getting better, even in the end (an autopsy was done). The doctors thought that her brain tumor was causing the problems but they didn't know (they wanted to do an MRI but it just couldnít be done). In the end of July, the doctors were telling us that she was only going to last a few more days and she lasted a whole month longer. She was the strongest person I knew. Me and my family, weíre strong, despite all that we've been through (we consider ourselves veterans in the whole hospital/sickness thing because my sister was not the first in the family) weíre still strong believers in Christ. Iím stronger in my faith than I was before this happened. I prayed and prayed and prayed for my sister to get better, we all did, but it was her time, and itís better this way. I mean, donít get me wrong, I want to wake up in the morning and I want to see my sister again, but sheís somewhere so wonderful right now, so beautiful, so amazing, that itís beyond what our minds can think up, and Iím happy that sheís not suffering anymore. I canít believe that last June we were living life normally and just hanging out, you know, we never thought that this would happen. We werenít close when I was younger because I was growing up and we would argue a lot, but this last year of her life we got really close and she was my friend, she was my best friend. Iím thankful that God gave us that closeness and that friendship in the end. I miss her so much, but Iíll see her again.†
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:43:19 pm by I LUV JESS~!! » Logged

Brenda Hearts
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight Hearts x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11682 on: September 11, 2008, 09:31:47 pm »

Hi guys! I stopped by here expecting to see a few old faces and a ton of new ones I don't recognize, so imagine my surprise when I popped in and saw all these people I haven't heard from in ages! Anyway, I thought I'd say hello to all you guys and tell you how much I miss you and how much I've been thinking about everyone I've ever met on the ORG!
I love you guys and I hope I'll be able to stick around more consistently!
Hearts
A

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #11683 on: September 16, 2008, 04:52:51 pm »

Brenda I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. I'm glad that you feel that she's in a better place and you're right, no more pain and suffering. Always keep the good memories that you have of her with you - always! Don't ever let them go. It sounds like you're handling everything quite well, for what can be expected. But, know that you don't have to be strong all the time, you can feel, it's alright. That's a lot to share with everyone, but I hope that it helped in some way. It's good to see you here, even if just to post an update. I left ya a message so for now, I'll just tell you that I'm here if you need. Take good care!

Angela Welcome back! Hope that you're able to be around more again. Let us know what you've been up to lately. Good to see you! Smiley

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #11684 on: September 16, 2008, 09:18:13 pm »

Brenda, I am sitting my office with my eyes full of tears! I am so sorry to hear about your sister, it sounds like your family has been through some very hard times. You are quite an inspiration with your positive attitude, but you are right - at least your sister is not in any pain or suffering. You are always such a happy person that I never would have imagined what you were going through, you make me appreciate everything I have so much more. We are all here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 785
  Print  

Jump to: