GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 01:53:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: My opinion for the GilmoreGirls.org shirt is as follows:
I like the shirt designed by Copperboom!, as it is.
I like the shirt designed by Copperboom!, with some modifications.
[Front] LG deserves an Emmy.
[Front] ASP is my hero/homie.
[Front] I think we should make an indirect reference to a Gilmore Girls quote.
[Front] I think we should make an indirect reference to a Gilmorism.
[Front] Girls just wanna have fun.
[Back] GilmoreGirls.org: Our little corner of the Net.
[Back] GilmoreGirls.org: Home of the true Gilmore fans.
[Back] GilmoreGirls.org: A haven for all Gilmore fans.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 94
  Print  
Author Topic: GilmoreGirls.org Shirt Discussion (v1 and v2)  (Read 409240 times)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: July 12, 2006, 06:08:44 pm »

nikki
I do like "Lorelai would" for the equation idea, but here's another thought for a caption.  "Formula of a Gilmore Girl" or something like that.

Leave it to Nikki to be brilliant!  Great idea.  Maybe a variation, like The Gilmore Equation.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 12, 2006, 07:09:14 pm »

Haha, thanks...

Here's another variation on the equation theme (disclaimer - I am a level 5 engidork). The down side is it might use fewer images, but I know that someone who is actually graphically talented could come up with something if this is the way we go...

Somehow picking foods and such that somehow looked like "E = mc^2" and then the back says "Gilmore Physics." To use more images, we could make something that looks like the integral of some food equation and the back says "Gilmore Calculus"
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 08:14:14 pm by nikki » Logged

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 12, 2006, 07:23:06 pm »

Here's another variation on the equation theme (disclaimer - I am a level 5 engidork). The down side is it might use fewer images, but I know that someone who is actually graphically talented could come up with something if this is the way we go...

Somehow picking foods and such that somehow looked like "E = mc^2" and then the back says "Gilmore Physics." To use more images, we could make something that looks like the integral of some good equation and the back says "Gilmore Calculus"
ROFL!  1st point, what's an engidork?  I admitted on the spree thread to being a trekkie, so we can all come out of the nerd closest tonight.  I think the Einstien equation would be cute, but I don't know if it'd work very well.  I don't know, but I can almost would be nervous to use that equation for copyright things....I think of seen something like that before.  I Don't know, it's a hilarious idea though.

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 12, 2006, 07:24:57 pm »

Ooh! I have an idea!

'Chicks Dig Gilmore Guys'

Hehehehe. I am a closet dork.

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
nikki

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 12, 2006, 08:19:45 pm »

ROFL! 1st point, what's an engidork? I admitted on the spree thread to being a trekkie, so we can all come out of the nerd closest tonight. I think the Einstien equation would be cute, but I don't know if it'd work very well. I don't know, but I can almost would be nervous to use that equation for copyright things....I think of seen something like that before. I Don't know, it's a hilarious idea though.

Haha... Engineer + Dork = Engidork which either describes a person ("I am an engidork") or their language ("Wow, that was a 3X improvement!" "Speak English, not engidork")

Can you copyright an equation???

5+4=9
nikki

hmmm, maybe rather than food that LOOKS like E, M, C and 2, maybe we pick foods that start with those letters. It's subtle, but there's still an equation going on so even if you don't get that it's E=mc^2 you'll at least see a weird food equation. What about:

Eggroll = marshmallows x coffee ^ ?

I put the question mark there because I couldn't think of a GG food that starts with s (for squared).. or maybe it could be something like a RedVine shaped into a 2.

Just ideas fitting within the equation theme Smiley

Ooh! I have an idea!

'Chicks Dig Gilmore Guys'

Hehehehe. I am a closet dork.

QweenB, were you the other person who thought of that with honk? I remember two people discussing it on the previous T-shirt thread, and I brought it up again in this one because I liked it Smiley

I've definitely come out of the dork closet a long time ago and fully embrace my dorkiness Smiley Dorks of the world unite!!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 08:34:56 pm by nikki » Logged

SnowPrincess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 12, 2006, 08:31:33 pm »

A question for Heidi: I was just wondering, is the idea for this second shirt pretty much a rough idea of what the end idea of the shirt will look like, or are we still brainstorming general ideas? I just don't want to be rude and throw in another idea when you're set on this idea. I like the shirt and all I was just wondering if we could still throw in ideas for something totally different. I hope this makes sense.  Undecided

Flyswatter~Spree~Noodie~Lauren Fan~and JavaJunkie above all (Have F.A.I.T.H.)
I support the Great8Mandate!

^ This wonderful banner, was made by Euran, not me.
nikki

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 12, 2006, 08:38:33 pm »

A question for Heidi: I was just wondering, is the idea for this second shirt pretty much a rough idea of what the end idea of the shirt will look like, or are we still brainstorming general ideas? I just don't want to be rude and throw in another idea when you're set on this idea. I like the shirt and all I was just wondering if we could still throw in ideas for something totally different. I hope this makes sense. Undecided

I realize I am not Heidi, but she did say in the first post of this thread...

Hi gang,

There's been a lot of discussion about the possibility of creating another GilmoreGirls.org shirt, so I've gone ahead and started this thread to brainstorm such a topic.

I do have one concept for a shirt. Please remember, this is just a concept. It is by no means the final design. I hope to have at least a couple other ideas to pick from before this whole thing is over.

So I think that means you should storm up your brain and share Cheesy

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 12, 2006, 08:57:24 pm »

nikki
Can you copyright an equation???

5+4=9
nikki
LOL!!  That's good!  Way to go!

I think if we keep the equation thing up we'd lose Lorelai anywhere in the equation.

And yes honk and qweenie did the 'Chicks Dig GIlmore Guys' discussion and I think it started in the Gilmore Guys thread.  Queenie, what did you say about the closet?

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
cranky
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

certified GG fan

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 12, 2006, 08:58:51 pm »

The equation idea is good!!

and that "Chick dig Gilmore guys" idea is kinda cheap... I would'nt where it!!

Formula of a Gilmore Girl is nice... you can work on it!!

Lorelai: I don't want to be Mrs. "Hayden Planeterium" for the rest of my life, I'm Lorelai Gilmore, without the Gilmore, it's like 'Gil-(you know)less' Smiley)
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 12, 2006, 10:01:42 pm »

It is not cheap, it is funny! Feel free to throw in an idea though if you have one. Besides, the guys wanted something that they would be able to wear and they gave positive feedback to the 'Chicks Dig Gilmore Girls' concept. At least it would be unisex.
Mel, you were talking about coming out of the closet with your Trekkie thing and I wanted to come out too and tell the world that I am a dork and I am proud! Nikki and I will be dorks together.

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #760 on: July 12, 2006, 10:14:14 pm »

A question for Heidi: I was just wondering, is the idea for this second shirt pretty much a rough idea of what the end idea of the shirt will look like, or are we still brainstorming general ideas? I just don't want to be rude and throw in another idea when you're set on this idea. I like the shirt and all I was just wondering if we could still throw in ideas for something totally different. I hope this makes sense.  Undecided

Wow.  I've been gone pretty much all day and I came home to find that the ORG shirt thread has exploded.  Eggsellent.

I'm definitely open to all ideas.  If you have something to share, please do.  The 'food' shirt has gone over well, better then I imagined actually, so it's in the running and all, but the door isn't closed by any means. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #761 on: July 12, 2006, 10:39:30 pm »

So, you mean it's being sold right now?

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
nikki

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 13, 2006, 04:54:35 am »

So, you mean it's being sold right now?

No, we're just in the design phase for now.  We first have to decide what we want it to look like, then they have to get printed, and THEN they can be sold Smiley

Hope that helps!

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 13, 2006, 05:24:13 am »

I like love the shirt. The food is everything that Lorelai represents. Smiley I think that the apple should go at the end though, so the minus sign is more noticeable. Huh

I'm a new boardie, sorry this part is off topic, but I want to know where the rules are posted.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
indiecoffee
« Reply #764 on: July 13, 2006, 05:33:01 am »

The whole "chicks dig gilmore guys" came about in the "gilmore guy" forum because some of us guys weren't really "down" with the first shirt and we wanted something a big more manly or cool or what-have-you.  I have been trying to think of some "manly" slogans for a guy based t-shirt, but so far that is all I can come up with.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 94
  Print  

Jump to: