GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 20, 2021, 09:50:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: My opinion for the GilmoreGirls.org shirt is as follows:
I like the shirt designed by Copperboom!, as it is.
I like the shirt designed by Copperboom!, with some modifications.
[Front] LG deserves an Emmy.
[Front] ASP is my hero/homie.
[Front] I think we should make an indirect reference to a Gilmore Girls quote.
[Front] I think we should make an indirect reference to a Gilmorism.
[Front] Girls just wanna have fun.
[Back] GilmoreGirls.org: Our little corner of the Net.
[Back] GilmoreGirls.org: Home of the true Gilmore fans.
[Back] GilmoreGirls.org: A haven for all Gilmore fans.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94
  Print  
Author Topic: GilmoreGirls.org Shirt Discussion (v1 and v2)  (Read 389923 times)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: September 14, 2007, 11:11:38 am »

Thanks, Laura! I hope I didn't step on your toes. I totally wasn't meaning to! I just wanted to get things going - moving ahead.

I think you're right, we need to get the word out more and let others know that there is discussion so more people can get their ideas in. I also think it might be helpful for a deadline. I don't want to cut it short but don't want it to go on too long, I wouldn't think. Let's see...what about saying submissions must be in by October 19th - that gives people almost 5 weeks to think of their graphic idea and text to go with it. I think that might be too long even but will let people come up with things. What does everyone else think??

Star The Proposed Plan: If no one else has any objection, I'd be happy to start collecting PM's of people's ideas for the shirt. Your idea of a graphic and text (probably 1 line) to go with the graphic if applicable. Explain the graphic and write the text to go with it.

Then, I'll post the entries on Oct. 21st. After the winner has been decided, we'll open it up to all the creative graphic designers of the ORG to submit their ideas for the chosen graphic w/ text. How does that sound to everyone?

And again, when we've chosen the graphic idea with text, before anyone starts with graphics, I'll run the idea by Heidi for approval.

If someone wants to work on helping with where we'd get the shirts printed and maybe work on organizing a way to take orders and get the shirts printed and money collect, that might be a good step to think about for the future?! I don't know how it was handled before, but would think Heidi played a pretty big role in that piece. Any thoughts? If we're all okay with moving forward, (I'll wait to hear from a few others), I'll work on making an 'official' plan post within the next day or two...

How exciting! Smiley Let me know if anyone else has any thoughts! Hopefully, everyone's enthusiasum hasn't died down too much!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 14, 2007, 07:50:05 pm »

Way to take this on Sooks!  *hands your gold star 4 the day* Star  (Should we consider a new thread for this next gen. shirt?  )

I know Heidi put a lot of work together on the last shirts and I was very happy with how she handled it.  The shirts were if excellent quality and style.  I vote for doing the printing and shipping the same way --- IF she is up to it.  I know she was into some payment issues w/ some of the options ... but with a bit stricter policies this time ... I don't see how it could go wrong. 

Also Drew(CopperBoom!) has done a wonderful and very impressive job on the last 2 versions and I'd really like to make sure he knows about it.

As for designs, I was a huge fan of "The Lorelai Paradox/equation shirt proposed before.  Is it still around?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 07:51:32 pm by MasBYUgal » Logged

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1367 on: September 14, 2007, 08:30:52 pm »

**prettysticks** for oraganization and order! go lozman and sooks! i have to start thinking of something for a shirt idea...hmmmm.
lozman
Inn Manager

Community Points: 198

laura, yep thats me

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 15, 2007, 05:00:12 am »

i also really liked the lorelai pardox idea, if we can find it - or create another version, that would be pretty good hehe, i havent seen drew/copperboom around for a while, but hey no harm in asking, dont ask dont get right? that is my view anyway! okay i have to go start loading up all my boxes in the car(s) lol, i move away to my uni tommorow, and still got some things to do! wish me luck, hopefully i will have my net up and running soon ish!!!

L xxx

JavaJunkie...Lieterati...Noddie...Flyswatter
F.A.I.T.H 
sig by monicakeller!
no season 8 makes me SMAD
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 15, 2007, 08:32:56 am »

Thanks, Melissa! I just try to do what I can. I will PM Heidi soon to find out how she feels about this whole shirt thing.  I thought I'd ask her then, how things went the last time. I know she's super busy with things so I wouldn't want to dump that responsiblity on her since she isn't the one that initiated the whole thing this time. But, getting Drew involved would be good if he has time. Otherwise, I would still open it up to other's on the forum for their submissions, if everyone agrees. I think that a good quality product is important. I want to make sure we have Heidi's buy-in first and we'll go from there. Sound alright? Did I get everything, I hope! Smiley

Laura best wishes with your move and starting Uni!!! I hope that you like it and am sure that you'll have fun! It's such an exciting time! When you get the net again, stop by, we'll be here! Thanks for helping to get things rolling here! I'm gonna look for ya!

I don't know about that Lorelai paradox thing but if someone finds it, or wants to make another version, that would be cool. I'll work on an 'official' plan post to post here and then maybe a sig to help spread the word. If people are posting in other topics, maybe make mention that shirts are being worked on. I'll go write to Heidi right now to see what she thinks about everything. Smiley

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 17, 2007, 10:49:26 am »

hmm i really am in favour of a new shirt and would love to buy it....

but as you might know i am going to go away for a year
and i won't have a permanent adress

i mean i could make you send it to my house...
but it would take a year before i could wear it

how crappy

hmm...maybe i will come up with ideas nevertheless

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 18, 2007, 03:50:02 pm »

Soooo sorrrry if i'm repeating anyone...but i havent been on in a while and its verrry tedious reading every post...but anywho...i was wondering, what is the shirt going to say as of now?
thanx!
 ~rebecca

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 20, 2007, 09:48:42 pm »

We don't have any final decisions as of yet. If you see the first post of this page of posts, that will explain things for now. I'm still waiting to find out how Heidi feels about everything and if she has any suggestions or thoughts on the idea before we get things under way with the submitting of graphics and text for the shirt. Then we'll be able to get some direction as to what the shirt will actually say. We need to make sure that whatever we do is approved by Heidi and work on getting the word out to all the members of the ORG.

But the post at the top of this page from me will help explain things for the time being. Hang in there, we'll get things going as soon as Heidi responds to my PM. Smiley Thanks!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
lozman
Inn Manager

Community Points: 198

laura, yep thats me

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 24, 2007, 07:38:40 am »

Big up as the Lozman is back *silly cheesey grin* just completed my first week of uni, damn it rocks! sure have not actually done any work yet it has been freshers week, but have had 2 lectures today it is great stuff! ahh still waiting on word from Heidi i see? ahh well good things come to those who wait, the longer we wait the longer those imaginations can run and we can get a fantastic slogan on our shirt! anyhoo, gotta go for now things to do and all that jazz!!!

L xxx

JavaJunkie...Lieterati...Noddie...Flyswatter
F.A.I.T.H 
sig by monicakeller!
no season 8 makes me SMAD
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 24, 2007, 03:28:38 pm »

thanks Sooks! I'll look at it! I cant wait for the new shirt!  Grin

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
ttfrancine
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 25, 2007, 02:52:14 pm »

Great line. I like

"What rhymes with Nantucket?"   Grin
yes lets get a shirt fran
kelsey
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 38

<3

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 26, 2007, 02:05:21 pm »

I am so excited for another shirt Smiley . I was also wondering though if the shirt could come in a tank top , as well a T-shirt. I love T-shirts but i think it would be good to have an option of a tank or a shirt. I personally love tank tops more  Cheesy .

Star Twilighter. Java Junkie. Literati & Headliners. Star
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 30, 2007, 06:40:01 pm »

I am so excited for another shirt Smiley . I was also wondering though if the shirt could come in a tank top , as well a T-shirt. I love T-shirts but i think it would be good to have an option of a tank or a shirt. I personally love tank tops more  Cheesy .

It's definitely something to think about. It would depend upon how expensive it will be to print the shirts, I think. If they can set the print just once and print as many as we want of anything we want. That might be the ticket. I think we need to work on what the shirt will say and look like, then work on what types of shirts we'll print. Sound good?

I'm still waiting to hear final confirmation from Heidi on the whole shirt thing - so I'll prepare an 'official' announcement post for the thread to request ideas to be PM'ed, hopefully this week! So, be thinking of your ideas!!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 01, 2007, 04:34:13 am »

It would really be great if the new shirts were the same kind as the 'coffee-shirts'...they are soooo comfy!

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: October 01, 2007, 09:06:30 pm »

It would really be great if the new shirts were the same kind as the 'coffee-shirts'...they are soooo comfy!

Do you know what brand they were? Comfy t-shirts are the best!!! Smiley

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94
  Print  

Jump to: