GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 17, 2021, 08:21:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think we should have a new Secret Santa?
Yes, next Christmas - 11 (47.8%)
Yes, we should have a Secret Friend on July 20 (Friends' day in Argentina) - 5 (21.7%)
Yes, we should have it some other time (please specify!) - 2 (8.7%)
No - 1 (4.3%)
I don't care - 4 (17.4%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Take part in the ORG's first Secret Santa!  (Read 123634 times)
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 21, 2007, 12:40:21 pm »

^ Hehehehe. Yup we decided to send our gifts to eachother! I actually wanted the necklace and the store I was at was having a sale so I picked up a similar looking one for me! Grin
I'm not able to get any pictures of my gift at the moment but hopefully I'll be able to sometime soon.. lol.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Janich O
« Reply #316 on: January 21, 2007, 01:32:56 pm »

Well, I hardly read the last page - time and all - so... but let's throw pictures around Smiley
I had Belinda, that sexy beast Smiley
And she sent me so wonderful things Kiss
I got the most wonderful chocolate cookies in the world, of which I'm still in redrawal from.

And she were so sweet to sent me a childrens book about the Mornington peninsula Smiley O how fun it is to find Nelly the wombat Cheesy But that boy need to detox Cheesy

And I got the most fantasticly sweet little j-bear Smiley I love the wee thing so much, Belinda Kiss

And, most wonderful of all, I got a card with the sweetest words ever *dreamy smile*
-
Thank you Belinda *hug*
And thank you Marian and Kami *hug*
This was so much fun, And something we must do next year too. Yey!
Smiley

Love all the good people here! Kiss
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 21, 2007, 04:29:43 pm »

Can we tell what we've gotten now?  YAY!  Unfortunately, I don't have pictures, but . . .

My secret santa was the lovely *Katie*, who is hilarious, incredibly mature, and definitely headed for a position of power in our government someday!   Nod  Wink

She once asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and many of her gifts were related to my answer!  I received a beautiful ornament, lip gloss, nail polish, gum, and Whoppers (GG reference to Lorelai's offering Rory a care package  Wink )  Also, I had asked her for world peace  World and this very creative girl was able to find the cutest pencil-sharpener that was shaped like a globe!!!  Everything was perfect.   Hearts  Thank you so, so much Katie!   Kiss

Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: January 22, 2007, 07:52:03 am »

Gosh, everyone did such a great job with their gifts that I feel stupid now.

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
Janich O
« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2007, 02:22:41 pm »

You were a part of the duo giving us all this wonderful experience, MK. You can't be stupid, no matter what Smiley
Kiss
Setrix
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 64

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 23, 2007, 10:23:39 pm »

You know, I feel the same way, except Janich is correct and you have no reason to feel stupid at all. I'm just wondering how you guys posted so many different items over!

So Kami and Marian were each other's Secret Santa, now why didn't I think of that? Excellent idea I must say!

B actually sent TimTams, hehe, how neat.

Oh and I would just like to say that I don't mind not having received my gift yet, I only hope I receive it soon to put my Secret Santa at ease. After all, it is probably my fault with the address as to why it hasn't arrived yet.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 10:25:03 pm by Setrix » Logged

Mr Funkadelic
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 112

if you got Funk you got Style

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 24, 2007, 10:52:02 am »

I've got it......I've got it!!!!!

Thank you SS, I'm hearing it right now!!!  Dance

Rory: [on phone with Lorelai] I told you to call my landline. My cell phone bill is astronomical.
Lorelai: But a conversation with me - priceless
-
Java Junkies and Headliners rulez!!!!
Founding member of the QweenB Fanclub
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 24, 2007, 10:58:21 am »

i freaked out when i saw the big package..it is very personal because it is a "red sox" jacket
and my secret santa is a "red sox" fan and they come from the city she/he lives in.

oh..oops..i already told you what i got before i was supposed to say it..

so now i can reveal who my secret santa was..

it was the wonderful *Rachel !!!!* Thank you so much again, Rachel  Wink

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 26, 2007, 12:37:03 am »

OK feeling a little slow as I didn't realise we were at the revealing stage.  I by no means want my SS to think I wouldn't jump at the chance to profess my delight at my gift.

My Secret Santa was none other than JANICHhimself and the gift was one that was very personal and thoughtful.  It included a postcard from one of his nations very pretty looking cities, not one but two cd's  Dance he made up of songs that reflected his personality (in eighties terms I guess I got the current version of a mixed tape - I feel so special Smitten) as well as a letter that indicates he really does take note of the things posted here.  He was very thoughtful in his words and whilst I won't share them here as they are personal, I will confirm that our wonderful Mr Janich, is in fact as awesome as he seems.

Thanks Secret Santa - next time I just hope I get the chance to sit on your lap Wink Grin

And thanks again Kami and Marian.  What a great success, one of which I would love to be a part of again next year.  (Marian an extra little gift awaits you in the PM section Kiss)

Please read Forum Rules
Brazilgirl
« Reply #324 on: January 26, 2007, 05:21:36 am »

Oh so cool!! I'm happy my person got their gift (finally!! I don't know what took so long... damn post office lady lied to me when she said it'd take 10 days...) Sorry about the wait. I so hoped you'd get the gift on the week after Christmas... oh, well, better late than never, right?!

As for my SS: CARYN!!! Like I said I got a journal for my future (already in planning) trip to Europe, a Christmas deco with a koala on it (which is awesome cause I absolutely looove koalas! They're the cutest little things), like Janich I got Tim-Tams (oh, man, those are truly great, and I do miss them too...), I also got the very peculiar  Cheesy Vegemite which turned out to be quite good. And a Christmas card saying "Merry Christmas from down under" which I thought very cute and clever. So thank you sooo very much Caryn!  You're the greatest!  Kiss

As for Marian and Kami great job you guys! And I can't wait till next X-mas so we can do it again!!
Marian...
Inn Concierge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2007, 09:28:20 am »

You were a part of the duo giving us all this wonderful experience, MK. You can't be stupid, no matter what Smiley
Kiss

Thank you for the abreviation of my name, it made me feel special, JO  Wink.

You know, I feel the same way, except Janich is correct and you have no reason to feel stupid at all. I'm just wondering how you guys posted so many different items over!
Lol, I sent a few items because I didn't want to waste my shipping money.

(Marian an extra little gift awaits you in the PM section Kiss)
I loved it! You're awesome Kiss.

EVERYONE, thank you for sharing your gifts, and I hope we can count on you this year!

You know what I was thinking about... On July 20 it's friends' day in Argentina (same day as my b-day). It's a very cute ocassion for a Secret Friend! Just a thought, tell me what you think. 

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
Setrix
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 64

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2007, 11:16:37 am »

The thing is, had I known it would pass into the next weight category and cost me an extra $7 anyway I would have added a few more items... that is, if they could fit into the envelope!

You know what I was thinking about... On July 20 it's friends' day in Argentina (same day as my b-day). It's a very cute ocassion for a Secret Friend! Just a thought, tell me what you think. 
I think it would be an excellent idea. These events are so nice and it would be great if we didn't have to wait an entire year to do it again. I think you need to give more of us your post address so that you can receive a bunch of birthday gifts in addition! Smiley

It appears that many people sent a postcard, I didn't think of that, I kind regret it now, although the contents of my envelope(with the exception of the letter) reflected Canada anyway. =D

Marian...
Inn Concierge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2007, 12:49:16 pm »

The thing is, had I known it would pass into the next weight category and cost me an extra $7 anyway I would have added a few more items... that is, if they could fit into the envelope!

See, I knew that with ONLY the t-shirt I sent it wouldn't pass into the next category, but the letter, package, etc made it heavier. Soo, I prepared a couple of little extra things to put in in case it passed into the next category. Now, if I had known for sure that it'd get heavier, I'd add MORE things, but I couldn't prepare a bunch of things just in case. I would have left and gone back, but fellows, I stood up in line for 2 entire hours evert time I went to the post office.

Quote from: Keith
Quote from: Marian
I think it would be an excellent idea. These events are so nice and it would be great if we didn't have to wait an entire year to do it again. I think you need to give more of us your post address so that you can receive a bunch of birthday gifts in addition! Smiley
Not that I wouldn't love to be the queen of the game, but democracy has made too big a progress for a monarchy to be allowed. Oh damn.  Cheesy

Quote from: Keith
It appears that many people sent a postcard, I didn't think of that, I kind regret it now, although the contents of my envelope(with the exception of the letter) reflected Canada anyway. =D
Ohh, my items were very nationalist too. I did send a postcard, of one of the places I love to hang out at.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:50:46 pm by Marian... » Logged

Marian

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 26, 2007, 03:30:03 pm »

I agree with Keith.  What a great idea!!  I also would not like to wait a whole before before taking part in such a wonderful experience again.  And a mid year build up could create more 'publicity' for the next SS so that it will be bigger and better (if that is even possible).

Count me in! Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Marian...
Inn Concierge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: January 26, 2007, 04:31:12 pm »

I agree with Keith.  What a great idea!!  I also would not like to wait a whole before before taking part in such a wonderful experience again.  And a mid year build up could create more 'publicity' for the next SS so that it will be bigger and better (if that is even possible).

Count me in! Kiss

Yay! And I agree, the bigger the better.

If anyone has another idea, I'd love to hear it  Smiley.

Marian

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24
  Print  

Jump to: