GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 02, 2021, 04:30:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think we should have a new Secret Santa?
Yes, next Christmas - 11 (47.8%)
Yes, we should have a Secret Friend on July 20 (Friends' day in Argentina) - 5 (21.7%)
Yes, we should have it some other time (please specify!) - 2 (8.7%)
No - 1 (4.3%)
I don't care - 4 (17.4%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Take part in the ORG's first Secret Santa!  (Read 127767 times)
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 06:23:31 am »

hey Marian, i love the idea

i have already played this on a different forum and i want to take part in this, i sent you a pm  Wink

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
flex151
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 255

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 09:12:54 am »

Whoa, that first elf is creepy!

Very creepy! Lol. Are you taking part in the project?

Yes ma'am Smiley. I forgot I was supposed to PM you, I will right now.

I think it would be cool to send eachother things that are native of wherever it is that we're from. For example, I'm from the Caribbean, so I would send something that you could only get in the Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico.

*Kate's Stalker*

What the snap, crackle, and pop is going on?!
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 09:32:55 am »

I think it would be cool to send eachother things that are native of wherever it is that we're from. For example, I'm from the Caribbean, so I would send something that you could only get in the Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico.
indeed. that's exactly what i had in mind.
i know i'm probly going to take part in this (you too Marian?) so i've been thinking of what would be a neat thing to send to someone else.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 12:26:53 pm »

I like the idea, just one little problem...most of us don't life on the same side of the pool. That can get expensive.

LORELAI: Oh, donít be embarrassed Snuffy, Iím just teasing. Itíd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 01:50:59 pm »

I like the idea, just one little problem...most of us don't life on the same side of the pool. That can get expensive.

Yup, that's what I thought at first. This is what we came up with: presents that fit in an envelope (I doubt it's going to cost more than a few dollars to send one). Also, if you want to get a Secret Santa in your area you can ask for it. For you I guess it'd be Europe.

Me too. My mum thought of something really neat (but I won't tell!). So I'll look for it.

i know i'm probly going to take part in this (you too Marian?)

Hehe, of course I'm taking part.†

Hey, you guy's did open up this thread. It sound's really cool, count me in~! I don't have a problem with giving my address, I trust Kami and† †
Marian* Wink f0 shO~! Cheesy

i have already played this on a different forum and i want to take part in this, i sent you a pm Wink

PM me with your adresses and you'll be added to the list.† Smiley

hey Marian, i love the idea

Actually, it was Kami's brillant idea!

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
Kelso
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 58

*~)Anya(~*

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 03:12:41 pm »

It is a brilliant idea, and it seems fun too, I can't wait to see who gets me Brilliant idea, Marian/Kami

*~Anyanka~*

Don't Call Me Bones
Reading is sexy.
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 04:05:56 pm »

Oh so cool! I would so participate, if my parents let me  :Smiley. It's my mother I have to ask though, my dad could care less.

Anywho, just an idea, should the name be changed from Secret Santa to Secret Snowflake or some other nondenominational (that is a word right?) name? Because we don't want people not doing it because it says Santa. Just a thought.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 04:13:10 pm »

It sounds like an awesome idea marian.  I don't know if I can though.  Getting something and sending it would be one thing, but another would be actually receiving something---my parents, especally my dad would not like it for me to get something from "some random person", though I know all of you, like he'd see where it was sent from and be like "who do you know from ___".  He doesn't like me giving out info like my adress to people online.
but again, super great idea Marian!

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
*Katie*
Diner Regular

Community Points: 305

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2006, 05:07:47 pm »

I think it is a great, not to mention fun, idea. I am just a little hesitant to give out my address. I will defintaely consider it.

Celebrate Find a reason to celebrate! Celebrate
Janich O
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 03:29:06 pm »

You know what, I like this idea, if anyone is ballsy enough to come to Australia to stalk me, bring it on!
Well, let's see if I will be yours then, Belinda Wink

You girls get a pm from me before the weekend. Great idear Smiley
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 05:58:06 pm »

Anywho, just an idea, should the name be changed from Secret Santa to Secret Snowflake or some other nondenominational (that is a word right?) name? Because we don't want people not doing it because it says Santa. Just a thought.

But what about us Aussies! It is Summer here at Christmas! Lol - Just trying to show you cant please everyone!

You know what, I like this idea, if anyone is ballsy enough to come to Australia to stalk me, bring it on!
Well, let's see if I will be yours then, Belinda Wink

Bring it on! Im not scared of you! Haha!

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 04:27:38 am »

But what about us Aussies! It is Summer here at Christmas! Lol - Just trying to show you cant please everyone!

And what about Argentinians? (or should I say Argentinan...? Cry)

I do think it's a good idea, but I'm mad enough about the fact that the awards are called "summer awards". Where's my Southern Pride?

You girls get a pm from me before the weekend. Great idear Smiley

Great!  Kiss

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 06:47:19 am »

then what about "christmas angels" cause although it is summer in Australia, itz is still chrstmas there, isn't it?

in german this game is called "Engerl, bengerl". Engel means angel (the person that gives a presents) and
Bengerl means something like "naughty boy" (the one that gets a present)..do not ask me why it is called like this

so why do we not call it "christmas angel" or maybe "present buddy"..ok that sounds dumb..forget it..i tried  Undecided

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 06:59:30 am »

so why do we not call it "christmas angel" or maybe "present buddy"..ok that sounds dumb..forget it..i tried  Undecided
aww. hehe you're so cute.
Bengerl.. naughty boy, eh? Wink

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 07:05:55 am »

Bengerl.. naughty boy, eh? Wink

ahh kami, come on..

i wish i could think of a better explanation of the word, without people thinking i am weird, lol..
it is a typical word that cannot be translated..

edit: i looked it up..it means rascal...so it is just a naughty boy that does not obey rules..lol..

« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:07:25 am by talkingfriend » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: