GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 22, 2021, 01:54:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.22 - Those Are Strings, Pinocchio  (Read 82422 times)
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2007, 01:00:54 pm »

rory's speech definitely made me cry. i thought it was hilarious when lorelai and sookie were giving each other little mini-pep talks trying to keep each other from crying during the speech. i thought rory did a wonderful job including her grandparents in the speech.

i also thought rory was completely justified and very SMART with what she said to jess when he called her and then said nothing when she answered. he needed to hear every word of what she said, no matter how sad/hurt/angry it made him, because HE is the one who walked away. rory would have done anything to make that relationship work.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2007, 07:58:27 pm »

... i also thought rory was completely justified and very SMART with what she said to jess when he called her and then said nothing when she answered. he needed to hear every word of what she said, no matter how sad/hurt/angry it made him, because HE is the one who walked away. rory would have done anything to make that relationship work.

i've always felt that Jess knew everything Rory said was true but he was simply incapable of communicating his thoughts to her. Jess was in a low state at this point, he had deep feelings for Rory but was too miserable inside to tell her how he felt. That's no excuse for anything he did or didn't do, and there was much in the preceeding episodes that he didn't do as Rory's boyfriend. I was also very glad that Rory said all she did and wish Jess had the strength to say something but it wouldn't have made much difference if he had. Rory said her piece and tried to move on with her life.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
RXJ
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

SIGMAdelta

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2007, 01:08:20 am »

Luke: I'm blubbering, you guys are freaks!

>.<
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 01:23:42 am by RXJ » Logged

Flame Flame
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2008, 05:05:41 pm »

I thought this was a great episode.

Very funny to see Lorelei celebrate with Sookie and Jackson for the fact that everything is so screwed up that they couldn't get the Dragonfly and the loss of the Independence Inn. 

I liked Rory's scene with her grandparents to continue the Friday-night dinners. 

I liked seeing Paris react towards her nanny and her nanny's children and talking in Portugese.  Paris rules!

Brad's speech... hilarious... "Cherish is the word that I used to describe..." Classic song too by the Association and a great cover by David Cassidy. 

Rory's speech.  Yeah... it was getting dusty in that room.  Luke loves Lorelei, the dream was a great to end for him in that season in the same way the season began with Lorelei's dream about Luke. 
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2008, 05:59:43 pm »

Lorelai: Where's the pen you take orders with?

I loved this episode and Rory's speech made me cry  :')

and also when she was tlaking with jess on the phone...  Sad

I loved Paris with her Nanny.

Lorelei + Luke = LOVE

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2008, 05:41:02 am »

My dad worked in a food restaurant, and he always had pens with him. Lol.

I love how Brad started singing. Lol.
When I was first watching this episode, I was with my mom. I still remember how i couldn't take my eyes off the TV. During Rory's speech, my mom started crying. I don't cry a lot during TV shows, but I got tears in my eyes.

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 225

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2008, 08:03:46 pm »

one of the best episodes. and i did cry during rory's speech, i usually cry during sad parts on movies or tv shows. it was so sweet. and i love the faces that they made. [:

haven't been here in a while. updating my stuff and have nothing to put here.
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2008, 07:06:01 pm »

Awwww that speech rory gave made me cry!!! Cry

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2008, 09:58:59 pm »

Anyone notice the uncredited  cameo by Kristen bell? She is the girl who is doing the recording at the school. Before they pan to Rory and Paris.
she went " We all knew that our education at Chilton would be exemplary, but it was the people at Chilton. All my friends - Hi Marcy, love you. Cody and Debbie, love you, too. The faculty, the administrative staff. Even our janitorial staff - Jaime and Joachim. I can't count the number of times you guys made me laugh. . ."
for info on kristen bell go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristen_Bell

Holy crap!  I just recorded this episode and... wow I didn't recognize her.  Wow... you learn something new everyday.  I gotta mention that in my review of Season 3 coming tomorrow. 
dianakarenina
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2008, 09:07:58 am »

this ep was good, but like dani257 said, the rory being valedictorian was kind of just like Oh since shes the lead she gets valedictorian. Also like this might not be for chilton, but arent you not supposed to make the whole speech about yourself? it was beautiful and i almost cried, but shouldnt you give credit to the school for SOMETHING?

But heyy... she hadn't finished her speech when they stopped showing it. they showed the part when she talked about her gradnparents and lorelai.. but in the end she was saying "as we head up.." or something like that Tongue she could've said something about the school..

heyy also with pariis valedictorian... when she was dreaming about jamie she didn't take notes or anything. she says that the A-. also, if it's a popularity contest paris is right in season 2 when she says that rory is innocent and "looks like little birds help her get dressed in the morning.. she's quiet.. she says thank you and excuse me" but if it wasn't rory has shown she's a better public speaker than paris multiple times.. even paris admits it when they were doing "romeo and juliet" i

also about her D in the lit paper, max said that "the extra work will put her back where she rightly belonged" so i think at the end it was well... also lane said in an  episode "you're doing very well in that shakespeare class aren't you?" and she says "not bad!:)"

although her being the lead probably did help Wink
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2008, 11:50:42 am »

Brad: "...Bung bung, Bung bung..."

What the heck was that about?!

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2008, 01:34:48 pm »

It's part of the melody to the song "Cherish" by the Association
dianakarenina
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2008, 01:49:53 pm »

i LOVED when brad starts singing and rory says "oh, brad" and then Louis says "come on brad, come out a winner" and then he starts singing and it's like >.<!! there's a guy in our school that always does things like that and i really identified with rory and louis (yeah.. weiird) because when this guy even starts opening his mouth we are all like "don't doon't pleaase doon't!! come out a winner.." but of course, the guy goes on and does whatever it is we were trying to stop him from doing. xD hilarious!

but poor brad.. i mean, he goes out of school because he's afraid of paris.. then he gets the courage to come back and again.. PARIS! i mean, i think i would be a little afraid of paris, but i would just try to avoid her, not change schools. i think it's hilarious watching someone SO scared of paris. poor guy! then he goes to broadway and comes back and paris starts with the "into the woods, into the woods" but that's for another topic.. ahhaha

i was surprised paris didn't say anything to brad at graduation.. that's what was missing! i wanted to see scared brad one more time!!! xD hahaha
HollowStar
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

There are no flowers, no not this time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2009, 08:12:24 am »

Alright, I have a question about this episode.  I've watched it about 20 times before but this never occurred to me.  Maybe I'm missing something.

I thought they paid Emily and Richard back with all of the $75,000.  Lorelai even said to the Financial Aid office that they didn't have that money anymore.
Yet in this episode, Rory and Lorelai are constantly debating what to do with "grandpa's money"  -- buy the Dragonfly or put it towards Yale.  So how did they
get the money back?  Did Emily and Richard refuse it?  Was Chilton less than $75,000?  If so, Lorelai lied to Financial Aid when she said they didn't have any of
it.  I was just confused by this.   

I will let you down.  I will make you hurt.  What have I become?
dianakarenina
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2009, 07:38:49 pm »

that's been confusing me too =)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: