Author Topic: 3.22 - Those Are Strings, Pinocchio  (Read 91115 times)

Offline gilmorefriend

• Official Gilmore Girl
  • Community Points: 1354
    • View Profile
Re: 3.22 - Those Are Strings, Pinocchio
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2007, 08:22:21 am »
Yeah. Brad was gone most of the time!
I MISS JESS!
THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST

Offline SOUAD

• Town Troubadour
  • Community Points: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2007, 04:25:27 pm »
hey just to tell you that this episode is one of my favorite moments just amazing episode rory's speech is a speech of a high quality written with intelligence all that she said fits so well with what happened in the show previously she sums up really well her relationship with the people she loves and the way sh's been brought up and how greatful she is to her mother i cried so much during her speech and we could see wonderful things happening in lorelai's eyes ,she was proud so proud and these are moments of the show that i believe to be true totally forgetting that's it's a show !unforgetable eoisode  ;)

who noticed that there was an important person missing at the graduation and also not mentionned in the speach ?
try to guess who it is ? "its not Christopher" 
IT4S JUST CAME TO MY MIND yesterday !
waiting for the obvious answer !

nobody has never answered this question so please do it lol  ;D

Offline gilmorefriend

• Official Gilmore Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2007, 11:26:40 am »
Sookie?
THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST

Offline SOUAD

• Town Troubadour
  • Community Points: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2007, 04:36:32 pm »
no Sookie was present remember she was the one who took pictures and bothered evrybody not Sookie  :'(

i think that i have never heard smbd doing that comment about this episode but i really let the question open: ;D

Offline gilmorefriend

• Official Gilmore Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2007, 10:40:18 pm »
It's Jess?

Offline mo-gilmore

• Town Troubadour
  • Community Points: 4
  • first crush: Lorelai
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2007, 01:35:14 am »
Is it max?  He is a teacher at the school.

Offline gilmore2972

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 3
  • Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2007, 12:10:52 pm »
is it gran?
i dont know but rory's speech is so touching i love it!

Offline Luke4Ever83

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 1
  • Luke 4 Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2007, 01:31:33 pm »
Loved the speech..and the end with the dollar! I love how this show always goes back to things...
Loreali: I hate to admit because I fancy myself Wonder Woman

Offline ~*SailorMoonFan*~

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 14
  • We are not what you think we are, we are golden!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2007, 07:17:37 am »
who noticed that there was an important person missing at the graduation and also not mentionned in the speach ?
try to guess who it is ? "its not Christopher" 
IT4S JUST CAME TO MY MIND yesterday !
waiting for the obvious answer !

Hmm, there's only 1 person (other than chris) who was not at rory's graduation but should've been was....rory's bestest friend in the entire world, lane.

well, that's my guess, anyway. I always wondered why the kind of left her out of all this. Maybe the Stars Hollow graduation was the same day.
Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~

Offline GilmoreAddict7899

• Diner Chef
  • Community Points: 399
  • in Omnia Paratus...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2007, 08:42:51 am »
You are right, Lane should have been there.

Chris prob. wasn't is Rory's speech, because well....he hasnt really been in a her life that much.

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)

Offline kim_gilmoregirl

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2007, 11:10:48 am »
Ya. After I watched this epi, I was kinda sad that Lane wasn't there for her graduation.

Dave & Lane. < 3

Logan & Rory. < 3

Offline bingbong

• Town Selectman
  • Community Points: 1271
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2007, 11:23:54 am »
I can maybe understand Lane not being there because Chilton was in a different world from Lane (and i don't recall any mention of Rory attending Lane's graduation). But Chris should have been there, imo. Even if he had not been part of Rory's recent life, he is her father. I don't think there is any excuse for that.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX

Offline Tucker

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2007, 04:55:43 pm »
Here's my interpretation of the L&L conversation, and the bold parts are what I think they were thinking at the time of the converstation! Some of the things they might have wanted to say but were too stubborn/stupid/incapable to do so. They were thinking these things so the other one never knew what eachother were trying to say.

LORELAI: It really was great of you to come, Luke. It meant a lot to her. (You've been more of a father figure to Rory than anyone and that means a lot to me.)

LUKE: It was fun. (I love Rory like family)

LORELAI: So if I don't see you, have fun on your trip with Nicole. (That other woman who isn't even your type by the way)

LUKE: Oh, we may not go now.

LORELAI: What? You were really looking forward to it.

LUKE: I don't know if the timing's right and. . .things are kinda weird right now. (Because shes not the woman I want to be with...)

LORELAI: Oh no.

LUKE: What?

LORELAI: It's because I teased you about the commitment thing and proposing. I ruined it.

LUKE: No, that's not it. (Yes it is, dont lie to her fool)

LORELAI: Please, promise me that's not it. It would break my heart.

LUKE: But you weren't wrong about that. It got me thinking and it is kind of like committing to her.

LORELAI: So?

LUKE: I don't wanna lead her on. (I dont want to commit to another woman if there is any hope in the world that you feel the same way I do.)

LORELAI: But you like her, Luke. You like her a lot, don't you? (I dont know why you like her, everyone in our stupid town was always trying to tell me how much you liked me, even my mother knew. I was apparently the only one who couldn't see it.)

LUKE: Yeah, she's great. (But shes not you.)

LORELAI: Then go. No matter what she's reading into it. (That's great Lorelai, push him to commit to another woman, really great)

LUKE: Really? You think that's okay considering. . .I don't know. . .everything? (Considering how I've been pining for you for so long but have no way of showing it other than fixing crap around your house, building you things and basically doing everything you've ever asked me to because I'm an idiot and can't just do something about it.)

LORELAI: Yeah, I do. (Yeah sure, go be with another woman, it's not like I ever gave you any indication that I might have feelings for you, so it's not your fault...)

LUKE: Oh, okay. I'll probably go then. (Please please please stop me from going. say something to stop me going)

LORELAI: Good. (Why good, it's not good, don't say good... idiot)

LUKE: I guess I was just nervous about nothing. (and lack of any form of reciprocation of all the feeble attempts to make you realise how I feel...)

LORELAI: That's what I think, too. (Maybe he wasnt as into me as everyone thought. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, maybe it's because I never said anything... I don't know, I don't want luke to be with her... Who would I want luke to be with? Me? .... Am I being selfish? I just want him to be happy... be happy he's found someone.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 05:02:22 pm by Tucker »

Offline rain12

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 0
  • Literati & java junkie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2007, 07:24:34 pm »
This was the episiode where there was that lady who called Rory Audry Hepburn and Lorelai Natalie Wood right?
"Lorelai are you a member of the DAR?" Lorelai: "No I'm not DAR N."

Offline Tucker

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2007, 08:32:51 pm »
no, that was in the previous episode. 3.21 here comes the son