GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 29, 2022, 04:21:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 195
  Print  
Author Topic: What other TV shows do GG fans watch?  (Read 956313 times)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: July 13, 2008, 03:06:33 pm »

I haven't ever seen LA Ink but want to see it. I don't have cable so I can't see it as it regularly airs, but maybe it's on Youtube by now. I used to watch Joan of Arc, really enjoyed what I saw of it. I too, sometimes think they'll air a fresh episode of the Gilmore Girls - especially if I'm watching a whole marathon of them at one time. I guess it's wishful thinking! Wink

I think some of the best shows are the ones that aren't airing new episodes anymore. I was just thinking that I really miss Thursday nights, Cosby Show, Different World, Cheers. It was like a tradition for me when I was younger...watching Thursday night TV. Then it was Friends night...and then it was Tuesday nights. Grin I also love I Love Lucy shows, but they aren't even on Nick at Night anymore, I don't think. I'm so thankful for DVD's!!!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: July 14, 2008, 04:06:46 am »

I too, sometimes think they'll air a fresh episode of the Gilmore Girls - especially if I'm watching a whole marathon of them at one time.

Yeah me too. It seems the show is too good to end this soon! And there is so much more to happen.

I think some of the best shows are the ones that aren't airing new episodes anymore. I was just thinking that I really miss Thursday nights, Cosby Show, Different World, Cheers. It was like a tradition for me when I was younger...watching Thursday night TV. Then it was Friends night...and then it was Tuesday nights. Grin I also love I Love Lucy shows, but they aren't even on Nick at Night anymore, I don't think. I'm so thankful for DVD's!!!

Your Thursdays reminds me when i was a kid, i used to watch cartoons everyday at 4 pm. No one else comes near the tv at that time or die! Cool Good old days!!!!  Wink
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:09:43 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: July 14, 2008, 12:05:29 pm »

I just have to say how much I love America's Got Talent!! I don't know why I like this show that much because it's not something I'd normally like, but it's great! I can't wait for this Tuesday! Check it out...http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gilmoregirls1fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: July 17, 2008, 07:38:00 am »

i love the show jon and kate plus 8!!
forever17
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: July 18, 2008, 10:22:39 am »

Lately, So You Think You Can Dance.  In season, Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, Brothers and Sisters.  However, my all time favorite was Northen Exposure, and Gilmore Girls is right up there too.  I loved West Wing until Sorkin killed off Mrs. Landingham, and after the end of season two it always seemed something was missing, although I watched it until nearly the end.   Great casts and characters.  A lot of shows come and go, but of those three, I actually miss the fictional characters created by the casts.  (When Kathryn Joosten reappeared on Desparate Housewives, I decided Mrs. Landingham hadn't really been killed, but for some reason had to go in the witness protection program and so wound up on Wisteria Lane.)  I'm currently rewatching Gilmore Girls, just finished watching Richard and Emily 'get married' again, while Emily throws a money wrench into the romance of Lorelai and Luke.   Glad to have discovered this site!
Leigh
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: July 19, 2008, 04:19:42 am »

Well, out of my bunch of TV shows, Gilmore Girls is certainly the oddball. I usually am more into mystery shows and old TV shows.
But it's good to be girly once and a while! My daughter is certainly the girly one of our bunch, and it's good to find a show that we both like.

~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: July 23, 2008, 08:23:53 am »

i love the show jon and kate plus 8!!

omg that show is so cute!  Cheesy i <3 it too. i am now lost for stuff to watch on mondays now that legally blonde the musical: search for elle woods is over.

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: September 08, 2008, 02:54:45 pm »

Does anybody here watch Greek?  Or can anybody tell me if they know if it's any good.  I see so much about it on the entertainment sites and I'm trying to decide if it might be something I'd enjoy or not - but most things I read are very vague on it's premise.

Also anybody interested in Fringe at all?  That is one I'll definately be checking out.

Please read Forum Rules
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: September 08, 2008, 07:01:16 pm »

Also anybody interested in Fringe at all?  That is one I'll definately be checking out.
Meeeeeee! From the previews I don't know exactly what to think (if it'll be good/bad etc.) but I will check it out for sure. It has that weird/creepy tone which is always cool.

Not a Greek fan but I have seen a bit of an epsiode. It actually doesn't seem bad, but more of a "guilty pleasure" type show with typical drama (relationships, sex...).

Oh! Kath and Kim.. who's checking that out? I am for sure! Caryn, do you know much about it? I believe it's an Aussie show.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: September 08, 2008, 07:43:58 pm »

Well Kami - Fringe can be yet another thing that we can converse on and see how it travels.  Can't wait to see me some Pacey on a regular TV show again lol

Kath and Kim - LMAO.  It is a cult classic over here and you either love it or hate it.  I'm a huge fan of the Aussie version though I do have my reservations on how it will translate to American culture.  I know that it is being adapted to suit the market there, but it is quite unique in it's style and I'm not quite sure that they will pull it off.  But I'm keen for them to be successful - and they've chosen the cast well I think.

Please read Forum Rules
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2845 on: September 09, 2008, 09:33:23 pm »

KAth and Kim is hilarious, I'm not sure about the US version either. I mean, Selma Blair is thin and relativley attractive, which somewhat defeats the whole point, doesn't it?

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: September 09, 2008, 11:27:06 pm »

While I dont watch Kath and Kim I can certainly see the drawcard (I had too many favourite shows on my plate as it was so I avoided it so I could have friends other than tv characters, hehe)

I dont think it will translate the same AT ALL overseas, I think something like My Name is Earl would be the American equivalent as its based on local stereotype. Selma Blair is too pretty to be Kim even if she can do the dumb personality and wacky clothes, it just seems like its trying too hard. Aussie's do humour so much differently to Americans, its not a bad thing!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: September 10, 2008, 11:07:09 am »

Well the Fringe preview looked really good and creepy at the same time. We taped it so we can watch it later and decide if we want to get into it. In a way I don't want to, because it looks just a BIT too freaky for me, but then who knows. I also don't want to get into something with it's complexity and then have it dropped ... so we'll see.

I did watch the cw's Privileged last night and I think it has potential.  The rich society palm beach stuff reminded me of the Gilmore's and even references reminded me a bit of GG. I like some of the actresses so I think I might give it a chance. 

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: September 10, 2008, 07:51:02 pm »

My current obcessions in tv are
The O.C. - gotta luv drama -
& The Secret Life of the American Teenager - ditto-