GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 25, 2022, 03:59:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.02 - That's What You Get, Folks, for Makin' Whoopee  (Read 170344 times)
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 09, 2006, 10:23:03 pm »

I would just like to say that this season of Gilmore Girls is totally and completely awful. Also, those of you who are arguing for four plus paragraphs that it's not awful are being paid by the network to say that. Or maybe you are one of the network's writers. If that is the case, Lessa, let me just assure you that it is not your fault. The network should have never fired the original writer. She knew the characters, she invented the town, the families, the history... everything. The new writers can't possibly know all that stuff, and when they try to pretend they do, it just doesn't ring true. The show is off, the timing is off, the dialogue is off, the background music is off. What's more, the new writers are apparently not witty enough to make Lorelai and Rory as witty as they were before. Now they are so dumbed down. Too much has happened in two episodes. This show has always had really witty, fast-paced dialogue and really slow plot action. Now the dialogue is agonizingly slow with all of these awkward pauses, but the plot is moving along at lightening speed. In short, Gilmore Girls has been dumbed down and made into a soap opera.

CMT paid you to say that so that we'd tune into 100 Greatest Duets of Country Music, didn't they?

P.S. Go A's!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:29:02 pm by lessa » Logged

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 09, 2006, 10:38:49 pm »

I would just like to say that this season of Gilmore Girls is totally and completely awful. Also, those of you who are arguing for four plus paragraphs that it's not awful are being paid by the network to say that. Or maybe you are one of the network's writers.

Well, the CW has a bit of explaining to do.  Apparently I was supposed to be getting a check and I haven't seen a penny.  And, they were supposed to put me on the payroll as a writer, too. 

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
MusicIsLife
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 09, 2006, 10:54:37 pm »

†First of all, I am very surprised that a lot of people are turning on this season and the show. As an avid fan, I wouldn't be able to turn away from a show I love because of two episodes which I may not have liked. I have really enjoyed the first couple of episodes of the season though. Some scenes seem a little off, but there have been scenes in past seasons that have also felt that way to me. So personally, I'm in for the ride.
 †
 † Also I wanted to comment on Rory's response to Lorelai. I really expected her to react this way. We have seen in the past that she wants Chris to be out of that aspect of Lorelai's life. I felt like not only was it about that, Rory also felt stupid and ashamed that her mom was going through this huge thing, and was making desert sushi with her. She was respecting Lorelai's wishes to not talk about it, but she didn't know it was that serious. Rory was embarassed that her mom was doing all of this Asia stuff to cheer her up when it should have been the other way around. Rory is an adult now, and she wants to be treated like one. She wants to be trusted with the "adult" parts of Lorelai's life. I'm not sure that it was completely "right" for her to react this way, but I can understand why she did. Lorelai and Rory have a truthful relationship and are each other's best critic.

† †I like that we are seeing Lane and Rory being better friends lately. I also like seeing Sookie help Lorelai with her problems. They should have another girls night, and actually go out this time. †I think it would be fun to see all four girls together having a good time. They would be fun to watch.

† Usually I don't enjoy most of the Townie antics, but I really enjoyed "Kirk's". The outfit, the no cell phones sign, and the Luke-like attitude were great. Kirk was really funny in this scene.

† On the other hand, I wish TJ was one of the storylines that the show drops. I haven't liked him from the beginning. I think it is unrealistic that Luke would deal with him, even for Liz's sake. What happened to Tom? Wouldn't he be working on fixing Luke's?

†I miss Paul Anka. I don't miss April. I'm hoping we get a good dose of Emily and Richard tomorrow. They have been missed.

†Overall, I liked this episode. Smiley
jen
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 10, 2006, 04:40:48 am »

I agree, I like this season so far even though L&L are in such a bad place. But hey I live in Australia, the land that bought you neighbours, so my opinion may not count.

Is it just me or is DR bringing back the sub characters more. I mean season 6 seemed to compleatly centre arround Lor Luke and Rory with very little from the others. Lane is back in a big way and from the sounds of the next episode Michel will feature prety highly.

And what has happened to Paul Anka? He hasn't been in either episode.

french1016
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 54

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 10, 2006, 05:29:42 am »

the land that bought you neighbours, so my opinion may not count.

Oh c'mon you do count!!!!

Well I guess they are just rounding out the show more. I hope tonight is good.!!!!!

Darcey
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 10, 2006, 10:33:47 am »

It seems like the fastest way to make someone behave like a five-year-old is to treat him or her like one. Lorelai kept her 'problem' a secret from Rory, so why should Rory hold back her reaction to it when she found out? It doesn't matter if she had any right to be angry. She was angry. Her anger may have been inconvenient and hurtful to Lorelai, but I doubt her mother genuinely expected her to suck it up and go back to 'Asia.'

Rory is an adult, though. Being an adult for Lane reminded her of that, and, being an adult, once she realized she'd overreacted, she went straight back to make it right.
Her 'tantrum' may have been childish and lacked perspective, but come on, she apologized. Frankly, I know forty-year-olds who couldn't do as well.

danielle
« Reply #291 on: October 11, 2006, 02:41:37 pm »

i dun think rory over reacted! they have a close bond and they shouldnt keep any secrets. besides she luved luke AND at the time wanted them to be together, not with chris!
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2006, 05:50:54 pm »

Yes yes, the episode is long over, but I hadn't had a chance to vent all my thoughts.  Yes, it's long, but this thread has been quiet for a while so I don't think I'll be messing things up too much...

Luke punching Chris.† If Luke truly believed that Chris took advantage of Lorelai, or otherwise imposed himself into the situation, I could understand Luke punching Chris.† But I don"t think Luke truly believed that.† I think it"s possible he WANTED to believe that because the alternative is that Lorelai ran into Chris" arms, and I don"t think Luke wanted to accept that right then.† I think Luke, like a lot of us viewers, didn"t want to admit that he and Lorelai are responsible for the break up.† Instead it was easier to blame Chris.

So while I think it was "wrong" of Luke to punch Chris, I have to say I love the way he did it.† It was so matter-of-fact, like it was an errand... something that just had to be done.† He did it, turned and walked away, and put a little check next to that to-do item.† Awesome.

Kirk"s.† While I found the details of the scene amusing (flannel, backwards baseball cap, mug logo painted onto the cups, no cell phone sign...) I didn"t like the scene as a whole.† While I understand this town is full of kwirky people, the townies usually aren"t mean.† To me, Kirk was kicking Luke while he was down - when HE was one of the people who knocked down Luke in the first place.† Taking business away from someone after you crashed his place of business is not kwirky, it"s mean.† It"s like we have Daniel back writing episodes.

Asia 1.† At first I didn"t get why Sookie was showing Lorelai how to make the sushi.† I thought it was a new dish Sookie wanted to serve at the Inn and was showing Lorelai just cuz.† I enjoyed it cuz I"m half japanese, but I was also thinking "oooookay, what was the point of that?"† Of course, I figured out later.† Cuz I"m super smart like that Wink

Street meeting.† I think most of the reason Luke was such a jack when he saw Lorelai in the street was because he wasn"t prepared.† The news of Lorelai and Chris was from just a few hours ago, so he had little time to fully process it.† Even fewer hours ago Luke punched Chris, so he might have been weirded out by that.† But mostly he probably hadn"t gotten around to thinking about how he was going to act around Lorelai to prepare himself for when he saw her again, and then she just appeared before him.† I imagine Luke spend a majority of those hours just chanting "I"m fine, I"m fine" over and over in his head, even though he wasn"t fine, so he ended up way over compensating when he saw her.† I"m not saying this is an excuse for being a jerk, but I think it does make his behavior understandable, and thus not necessarily out of character.

Asia 2.† I have to say I loved this scene.† Again, mostly because I"m half japanese and loved all the references, especially the origami.† (I can"t even count how many origami I have memorized - I taught an origami elective at my camp one summer - I used to have stack and stacks of origami paper and books until I donated them to the camp).† At one point I did think "Wow, this has been going on for quite a while.† They sure are dragging this out."† But then with Chris" message I realized why it dragged out so much.† I think the writers just wanted to make Rory turning on her mother very dramatic.† Showing a lot of bonding, really emphasizing their closeness, makes Rory"s blow up a starker contrast and thus more dramatic.

Rory"s blow up.† I have to admit that I didn"t really read anything into Rory"s "what about my relationship with my dad" thing until you guys mentioned it.† At the time of watching it, I just saw it as Rory was upset her mother kept this information from her.† While it wasn"t the cause of the break up, it does have a huge impact on the break up and the possibility of a reconciliation.† Like Rory said, she thought her mom just didn"t want to talk about it that much just because of the pain, and here she finds out that it was probably because Lorelai was trying to keep info from Rory, due to guilt, shame or whatever.† Since she learned about the break up, Rory was probably feeling pretty bad for her mom because of how many hurtful things happened to her, and now she learns her mom did something hurtful and might not be a 100% victim.† Also, it"s possible Rory had been thinking that there might be a chance she and Luke could get back together, and now she learns her mom pretty much sabotaged that.† As far as Rory"s comment about her dad goes, I think she might have been refering to all of her trust issues with her dad in relation to her mom.† Lorelai, as Rory knows, was aware that Rory at one point wanted Chris to stay far away from her mom because she believed he would interfere and make Lorelai unhappy.† After the death of her grandfather she started to trust her father again.† She was comfortable with them being around each other and wasn"t worried about his effect on Lorelai"s happiness, and now here he is again, back in the picture with Lorelai very unhappy.† And of course Rory probably has some very personal feelings about people jumping into bed together so soon after a break up, official or otherwise.

Lane.  Some people have been discussing the timeline accuracy of Laneís honeymoon pregnancy.  I see their points, but with a little stage rigging Iím able to suspend my disbelief enough to buy it and move on.  I believe pregancy tests can tell you if youíre pregant up to a certain number of days before your missed period.  Taking a guess that Lane probably conceived right around the peak ovulation-easiest-to-get-pregant time on the first night of the honeymoon and adding a week, I think it is plausible she made it into that test window. I believe Lorelaiís discussion with the doctor happened the morning after her unprotected night with Luke, which was just too soon to be able to test, and who knows how far before her upcoming period.  And as for her ďmorning sicknessĒ Iím not sure if it ever was meant to be that.  Maybe thatís what the writers meant because that is ďfunnierĒ but I just assumed she did get the water parasite which is what was making her puke, and was just also pregnant, because I thought morning sickness was more common around week 5 rather than week 1.  As for the pregnancy itselfÖ

Iím happy for her.  It gives me hope that this show is progressively starting to move closer to its roots: mother-daughter relationships, each generation grappling with how to deal with and respect the other generation (both ways), figuring out the ways you donít want to be your parents and also the ways you are proud to be like your parents, struggling with the different ways to be a ďgood mother.Ē  I also wonder if it will play a role (good or bad) in influencing some of Lorelaiís future actions since she was ready to get married, and there was Lane getting married, and she was ready to have another kid, and here is Lane having a kid.  It could cause her to want to have baby with ANYone, or it could cause her to realize that itís not just that she wants another kid but that she wants LUKEís kid.

As for the topic of abortion, I donít see why it would have come up, realistically.  As Erin and others have mentioned, itís a pretty hot button topic for TV, and it is usually only brought up under ďTV acceptableĒ circumstances (ex: teen/out-of-wedlock pregnancy, rape, medical complications).  It is not usually brought up as a matter of ďconvenienceĒ as in ďoh, but I had other plans this year that this will interfere with.Ē  Lane is 22ish, married, living as a fully functioning responsible adult.  Her pregnancy is nothing to be ashamed of and brings no undue hardship, so there is no TV reason why abortion would be brought into the discussion.  So the band is still planning on making it big and touring and stuff.  Iím sure either the band will slightly adjust their dream (or timeframe of said dream), or they will take the baby on the road with them, raised as a roadie playing with Gilís kids

The one thing I donít like is how they are kind of acting like this is a bad thing, or a punishment.  I assume that is just her first panicking reaction and that it wonít be her long term take on the pregnancy.

Liz and TJ.  I liked what Liz had to say about Luke and Lorelaiís relationship, but I think thatís because I didnít hear the same message some others did.  Liz never said that Luke and Lorelai werenít meant for each other (in fact, Luke basically says at the end ďyouíre wrong, it wasnít what you said, itís that we arenít meant for each otherĒ).  She just said they werenít in sync, so she wasnít altogether surprised they broke up (I mean really, were we surprised?  Perhaps surprised at how it went down, but I donít think the break up came out of left field).  She made valid points about it being strange Luke didnít tell Lorelai about April because thatís something you tell your life partner.  And had she known about it I think she would have pointed out that it was strange Lorelai didnít voice her discontent earlier.  As Liz mentioned, they have communication issues Ė not meant-for-each other issues.  However, thatís what Luke chose to take away from the discussion.  He isnít ready to admit that he did things that hurt their relationship Ė heíd rather blame it on ďwe werenít meant for each otherĒ so he doesnít feel like he failed at a relationship, or failed at fixing something.

Supermarket meeting.† One thing that has kind of been bugging me about some posts here is that it seems like some people are taking Luke"s "I was a jerk" comment to mean he was apologizing for the months of keeping Lorelai last on his priority list.† But I really don"t think that"s what he meant.† I think he was just refering to the street meeting and how snotty he had been.† I think Luke wants to believe they weren"t meant for each other so that he doesn"t feel like he screwed it all up.† And as much as Lorelai has been repeating "It"s over, it has to be over, I want it to be over," these past two episodes, it"s important to notice that when Luke said they weren"t meant for each other, she didn"t say anything.† She doesn"t agree.† I think she does still love Luke, does still want to be with him, does still believe they are meant for each other, but doesn"t want it if he isn"t all in, if he is just going to believe they aren"t meant to be instead of making a real effort (not just showing up and agreeing to elope because that"s better than the alternative of not having her) to make things right.

Thoughts for the future.† I wonder if Luke will talk to Anna, and if the subject of her conversation with Lorelai will come out.† I wonder if Luke will hear that Anna pretty much said "you don"t count because you aren"t actually married, so you can"t be in the Luke-April-Anna club."† I wonder if that will enlighten Luke into realizing that (a) it probably hurt Lorelai to hear she pretty much didn"t count, (b) that he pretty much did the same thing to Lorelai for months, just not in words, by keeping her away from April, and (c) that Lorelai"s freak out and demand of marriage wasn"t just about being married but about being a unified couple.† I also wonder if Anna will say something like "and see, I was right.† Engaged isn"t married.† I"m glad I didn"t let April get attached to her before she ran, which was inevitable," and if that will prompt Luke to see that it"s not about "marriage" but about how you treat people, letting someone really be part of your whole life.

Chris.  Some folks have been saying that they think Lorelai and Chris are a better match, and thatís perfectly cool and a completely valid opinion.  One thing I donít agree with, though, are some of the reasons they have for what brought them to that conclusion.  First off, I donít think Chrisí offer to marry Lorelai when they were 16 means quite as much to me as it does to some other fans.  I donít think Chris offered to marry her because he deeply loved her.  I think he did it out of duty and due to the influence of the parents.  While I think it is commendable he didnít cut and run or go ďnope, not mine!Ē Ė that he actually owned up to their mistake Ė  I thought it was actually kind of weak of him to agree to marry Lorelai when his main reason was that the parents expected them to and not that he truly wanted to (and I think Lorelai knew this and that was part of why she didnít accept).  This theme comes back again when Chris left Lorelai for Sherry.  Chris and Sherry had just broken up and it didnít seem to me like he was too heartbroken over it.  When he left for Sherry again, I didnít get the vibe he was running back to her like a puppy going ďoh yay!  She wants me back!Ē  Again, he was doing his duty, owning up to the situation he was a part of, but it didnít seem like he truly wanted to be with Sherry.  That, to me, makes him weak, not desirable.  It is possible to own up to your responsibilities without being an automaton that weakly follows social mores (you can have joint custody, joint financial support, and joint involvement).

Second, I donít think we have enough information to assess if Chris treats Lorelai so much better than Luke.  Lorelai and Chris only interact from time to time in short spurts.  They have never dealt with the day to day crap that can wear on any relationship Ė romantic or otherwise.  If Chris and Lorelai were together in the everyday sense the way she and Luke have been for so many years (again, Iím not limiting to just the romantic stuff), I donít think I could be sure he would treat Lorelai any better than Luke has.  In fact, I think Lorelai could have ended up on the exact same path Ė on the road to getting married to someone who didnít truly want to marry her (in her opinion).  I just get the impression that Chris has never actually broken up with someone.  I get the idea he enters a relationship, then he loses interest but he stays in because he said he would be with this woman and doesnít want to go back on that since there isnít anything really WRONG, and then the woman picks up on this and reads the book ďHeís just not that into youĒ and dumps him, which to him isnít painful but instead is a release.  I guess I think he's better at wooing than maintaining.

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2006, 08:01:37 pm »

Hey, nice thoughts.  Must respond to some of them.
Street meeting.† I think most of the reason Luke was such a jack when he saw Lorelai in the street was because he wasn"t prepared.† The news of Lorelai and Chris was from just a few hours ago, so he had little time to fully process it.† Even fewer hours ago Luke punched Chris, so he might have been weirded out by that.† But mostly he probably hadn"t gotten around to thinking about how he was going to act around Lorelai to prepare himself for when he saw her again, and then she just appeared before him.† I imagine Luke spend a majority of those hours just chanting "I"m fine, I"m fine" over and over in his head, even though he wasn"t fine, so he ended up way over compensating when he saw her.† I"m not saying this is an excuse for being a jerk, but I think it does make his behavior understandable, and thus not necessarily out of character.

I agree Luke wasn't out of character.  Not because I think he's a horrible nasty man (although I do put a lot of blame on him for the whole relationship mess) but because he's human.  And, when humans get upset they say nasty things they hurt people with their words, they mess up and don't always follow the Miss Manners guide of how to talk to others.  And, whether or not he has a right to be (and I'm not giving an opinion on that here) the fact is, he is hurt and when you're hurt, you lash out at the person who hurt you.  Luke's character isn't being destroyed or manipulated to look bad (I don't know if that was said here or at TWoP so if it wasn't said by anyone here, ignore this) Luke is being written like a person.

Iím sure either the band will slightly adjust their dream (or timeframe of said dream), or they will take the baby on the road with them, raised as a roadie playing with Gilís kids

That could be a solution. 

The one thing I donít like is how they are kind of acting like this is a bad thing, or a punishment.  I assume that is just her first panicking reaction and that it wonít be her long term take on the pregnancy.

I don't think there's an underlying message in the show that Lane is being punished.  First of all for what?  She had sex with her husband, which I don't think any belief system or culture finds wrong.  But, I can understand why Lane and Zach would see it like that for now.  They do have plans, they weren't expecting this, and also I think they were freaking out more about the birth than the baby, although that too.  I think they'll both become more accustomed and more happy (otherwise it would be a dismal storyline and I can't see them having a baby story just to be miserable the whole time) but also continue to have feelings that it sucks and is good.  But, I'll admit now I have no maternal instincts so them freaking out doesn't phase me.

Supermarket meeting.  One thing that has kind of been bugging me about some posts here is that it seems like some people are taking Luke"s "I was a jerk" comment to mean he was apologizing for the months of keeping Lorelai last on his priority list.  But I really don"t think that"s what he meant.  I think he was just refering to the street meeting and how snotty he had been.  I think Luke wants to believe they weren"t meant for each other so that he doesn"t feel like he screwed it all up.  And as much as Lorelai has been repeating "It"s over, it has to be over, I want it to be over," these past two episodes, it"s important to notice that when Luke said they weren"t meant for each other, she didn"t say anything.  She doesn"t agree.  I think she does still love Luke, does still want to be with him, does still believe they are meant for each other, but doesn"t want it if he isn"t all in, if he is just going to believe they aren"t meant to be instead of making a real effort (not just showing up and agreeing to elope because that"s better than the alternative of not having her) to make things right.

I agree with this.  I don't think Luke is at all aware of why Lorelai is upset or even why she came to see him all upset during Partings.

Chris.  Some folks have been saying that they think Lorelai and Chris are a better match, and thatís perfectly cool and a completely valid opinion.  One thing I donít agree with, though, are some of the reasons they have for what brought them to that conclusion.  First off, I donít think Chrisí offer to marry Lorelai when they were 16 means quite as much to me as it does to some other fans.  I donít think Chris offered to marry her because he deeply loved her.  I think he did it out of duty and due to the influence of the parents.  While I think it is commendable he didnít cut and run or go ďnope, not mine!Ē Ė that he actually owned up to their mistake Ė  I thought it was actually kind of weak of him to agree to marry Lorelai when his main reason was that the parents expected them to and not that he truly wanted to (and I think Lorelai knew this and that was part of why she didnít accept).  This theme comes back again when Chris left Lorelai for Sherry.  Chris and Sherry had just broken up and it didnít seem to me like he was too heartbroken over it.  When he left for Sherry again, I didnít get the vibe he was running back to her like a puppy going ďoh yay!  She wants me back!Ē  Again, he was doing his duty, owning up to the situation he was a part of, but it didnít seem like he truly wanted to be with Sherry.  That, to me, makes him weak, not desirable.  It is possible to own up to your responsibilities without being an automaton that weakly follows social mores (you can have joint custody, joint financial support, and joint involvement).

I do agree that Christopher was trying to "do the right thing" I don't really think of it in terms of his character because to me it's pretty much him being used to provide the background of the story (the rift between Lorelai and her parents at the start of the series -they would be much less angry with her if Christopher had been the one to say he didn't want to marry her and she was the dutiful daughter) or to explain David Sutcliffe not being available because of his new series.  Although, it did turn out to be a pattern.  I also agree that you can have joint custody and other things and that would be a valid way of doing better by Gigi than he did with Rory (Lorelai only wanted him to be a part of Rory's life, and that wasn't just being together as a nuclear family).  I've called his actions with Sherry stupidly noble.  On the other hand, the show seemed to be saying that it was his only option to go back, because no one called him on it and said "Christopher, ever heard of joint custody?"  It was all, "this sucks but there's nothing to be done."  Now, about the running back like a puppy, we see it the same, except from different sides.  Because whenever the subject of Sherry comes up I end up reading people saying that him going back to Sherry proves he doesn't love Lorelai.  And, I agree that love has nothing to do with his decision to go back.  Not love for Sherry or a lack of love for Lorelai.  Duty was the underlying motive in his actions.

I just get the impression that Chris has never actually broken up with someone.† I get the idea he enters a relationship, then he loses interest but he stays in because he said he would be with this woman and doesnít want to go back on that since there isnít anything really WRONG, and then the woman picks up on this and reads the book ďHeís just not that into youĒ and dumps him, which to him isnít painful but instead is a release.† I guess I think he's better at wooing than maintaining.

Very interesting speculation.  Never gave much thought of Christopher in his other relationships.  I do think Christopher has never been in a real adult relationship (where you work through problems together and where you know that the person with you isn't a fairy tale, but a flesh and blood person who is going to make mistakes and mistakes specific to the relationship).  Sherry was his first attempt, but I don't think it got that far.

Hermione101
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2006, 02:48:25 pm »

I thought this episode was full of surprises, even the fact that Lane is pregnant.  Hearts And the whole "Pedros palace" thing was funny also! Whisper
xlivlife2dafullest
Stars Hollow Tourist

gg rocks...but degrassi rocks harder SRY its true

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 23, 2006, 04:37:04 pm »

wow a lot of my friends thought the lane and zack thing was uncalled for but i thought it was okay just a little random and out of place.

xoxo,
STACEY SORBET ***

Gilmore Girls and Degrassi: The Next Generation forever and ever!

*** ~~  ***
JT: I'm not going to abandon you, and I'm not going to abandon this baby
Liberty: i've never...needed help on something before

jiberty love forever <3
Carmicone
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Usagi-chan ~*I Love Gilmore Girls*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: October 29, 2006, 05:47:12 pm »

I was so mad at Luke!! How can he possibly think that the reason the relationship ended was that they "weren't meant to be together"? Why is it that men always try to compensate for everything? The reason it didn't worked out was lack of communication. And not only from him, but Lorelai too, she can not expect him to read her mind, she needed to say that she wasn't happy with the situation, having to hide from Luke's daughter. It is true that love means an spiritual plus physical connection, but that doesn't mean you may leave words out of the equation!
I am not happy with this season, I want Luke and Lorelai to end up together, because otherwise, it would be the worst finale to a series ever! They DO belong together, we've known for Six Seasons!!
I really miss the Palladinos!  Cry

"Love is a desire for that lost half of ourselves"
[/b]

*Random pretty sticks, aaah, to give and receive...*
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2006, 08:49:11 am »

Yeah, I agree! In the past couple seasons he said he loved her, and that he was "all in"
But, it, to me, is Lorelai's fault tooo for sleeping with Christopher.

I miss ASP too, she would have made it so L&L are together....they were meant to be (in the show haha)

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 09, 2006, 03:17:20 pm »

I was so mad at Luke!! How can he possibly think that the reason the relationship ended was that they "weren't meant to be together"?

I might say that too if I was given an ultimatum, I turned it down, and the person slept with someone else the very next day.  But that's just me.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 09, 2006, 03:26:48 pm »

ASP wrote the ultimatum.  ASP wrote Lorelai sleeping with Christopher. 

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22
  Print  

Jump to: