GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 25, 2022, 03:52:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.02 - That's What You Get, Folks, for Makin' Whoopee  (Read 170343 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« on: October 03, 2006, 03:00:08 pm »

That's What You Get, Folks, for Makin' Whoopee: Lane and Zack return from their honeymoon in Mexico, each with their own unique horror story; Lorelai has an emotionally painful encounter with Luke that's compounded by an ugly confrontation with Rory after she learns that her mom slept with Christopher; and Luke finds out that Kirk has opened an eatery that is nearly a copy of his.

Flame    Flame
kasey30214
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 04:43:28 pm »

I cant believe Luke!  Ice, Ice, Baby!
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 04:46:45 pm »

Hi everyone!

For those of you who haven't spent much time on a fresh new episode thread, I just wanted to share a couple reminders of a couple good practices.

Please DO NOT discuss the previews for the next episode here since they are sort of like spoilers to some people.  To discuss preview information from a promo, please go the Assorted Previews thread, found here.  This method has been going on for about a year now, so please join us Smiley

Remember, no spoilers, either here or in the Preview thread (even with a "spoiler alert").  For spoilers, please go to the Spoiler board, found here.

If you missed the episode and want to find someone who can help you get a copy of it, please go to the Tape Trading thread, found here.  Or if you would like a summary, TwoP writes a detailed summary/commentary about a week after the episode airs in the US.  Downloading the show when it is not provided by the network is illegal and not condoned by gg.org and therefore that information should not be discussed here.

Thanks!

Now I'm off to put on my new GG.org coffee-shirt to be ready for the new show!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 11:32:38 am by nikki » Logged

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
Stars-n-Moons

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 05:03:16 pm »

The first 30 seconds...yikes!  Shocked  Very un-traditional Gilmore...

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
april-rain
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 05:05:26 pm »

That was incredible!

First of all; Luke = harsh. Very harsh. I completely cried when Lorelai did.

Also, hello, pregnancy? I liked the references to all the bad parents out there, from Michael Jackson to Britney Spears.

I loved the suckerpunch at the door in the beginning of the episode. It was spectacular.

This season is turning around some, in my opinion. It's not the same, though, but still good. Smiley

Because I love you, you idiot!
Monday
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 05:26:09 pm »

I am very hopeful that this will all work out the way I want it to, but it sure is hard to watch right now.
sara3
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 05:27:39 pm »

OMG this is horrendous!! The writing is all wrong and the acting seems really forced. I'm heartbroken and can't watch one more scene of this trainwreck. Cry
LLFan
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 05:29:27 pm »

I have seen tonights episode.......... Coffee :nod:I am not going to tell any of the story line but I have to say some scenes were hilarious......particularily with Luke and Kirk....and Luke and TJ. The opening scene..........great!!

I think this year is much better than last year............I like how its going........I think David had gotten it bang on so far. In fact, it was last year that was off. I dont see any forced acting.........I thought Lorelias pain was clear...........just as Lukes anger.

The dialogue is, the references are there........I dont think I like the Lane storyline so much though.

Anyways.........go watch............you will see........... :Smiley
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:31:45 pm by LLFan » Logged
runningsb05
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 4

Life's short. Talk fast. :]

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 05:41:16 pm »

I don't know; I am just not feeling it.  It doesn't seem very ASP.  I mean I like the Luke/Kirk scene - hilarious.  But the encounter between Lorelai and Luke didn't seem right.  Luke didn't seem like Luke and all.
The opening scene was all right, but I hope the ending is better.
The Asia thing is so cute!  I really wish that Logan was somehow included in this episode. 
One more thing: Zach and Lane scene thing-a-ma-bob was weird and it again didn't seem Gilmore.  That's all now, I am just watching the scene where Rory finds out about Lorelai and Chris, uh oh.

True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Saying goodbye is saying I love you.   - Headliners for life.

Rory: Asher Flemming is dead.
Marty: In bed?
Rory: No
Marty: Damn, I lost the pool
Monday
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 05:44:54 pm »

Good for Rory.  Sometimes she seems like the mature adult in the family.  I also didn't like the Luke/Lorelai seen very much, Luke was so cold.  Then again, I would probably be pretty icy in that situation too.
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 05:45:48 pm »

aww luke is acting so calm and trying not to let his feelings out--except for punching Chris which I loved, and helped get his anger out.  Go rory for being mad that Lorelai slept with chris!
ok SO busy--more recape another day, month, year.
miss ya all!

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
runningsb05
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 05:48:54 pm »

omg Lane is pregnant!!

True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Saying goodbye is saying I love you.   - Headliners for life.

balletguy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 77

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 05:52:14 pm »

thats so crazy

runningsb05
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 06:00:47 pm »

why are all the previews always about lorelai and rory??

hmk1819

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 06:01:07 pm »

i missed the episode!!!
can someone pleaseeeee put it on youtube

LITERATI FOR LIFE