GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 06, 2021, 04:36:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.15 - Christopher Returns  (Read 52372 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2005, 01:12:07 pm »

Summary: Roryís (Alexis Bledel) father Christopher (David Sutcliffe) makes an unexpected visit to Stars Hollow, reawakening old passions with Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and stirring up old feelings of anger and resentment between Lorelai and her parents.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 04:12:46 pm by TheHumanCoffeePot » Logged

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
warmblanket
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 11:40:42 pm »

Luke standing outside in the cold... Broke my heart.  Cry
sassycandy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 05:41:14 pm »

It did mine too. that was sooo sad I wanted to give Luke a hug.
deans_grl
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 02:10:13 pm »

he pretends that he is rich when he wasnt and then rory has to find out the hard way Cry the town is funny they follow them around
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 01:24:27 am »

I was never a big fan of Christopher.  He always seemed to come back at the wrong time.  Poor Rory he lied to her alot. Cry Cry

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
Lapis Lazuli

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 03:01:13 pm »

Wow what a great episode! It has it all- funny bits (the townspeople all stalking Christopher), and a whole boatload of pathos (the whole doomed evening with Christopher's parents). One of the very best GG episodes (but maybe I say that too much!).
Darkkie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 08:07:42 pm »

I don't believe I've ever seen this episode... Which is sad considering I've seen every episode of the second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixt at least three times! I have to go out and buy the fifth season so I can see the staring folk of Stars Hollow.

I support the Lorelai-Luke relationship.

I suport the Rory-Logan relationship 100x more because after all, in my world God IS a woman and Logan and Rory will have to get back together.

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 10:48:58 pm »

This was a very good episode, even though Richard was incredibly cruel and insensitive in it.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Faith
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 03:23:24 pm »

I love Christopher. He's funny. I wish he was a bigger role in Rory's life, but you get what you're dealt with.

QUEEN
lukelorelaifanatic
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 07:31:26 pm »

No offense to any Christopher fans, but he needs to grow up and stop lying. When I saw Luke standing outside, devestated, I wanted to call this episode "That Damn Christopher" like "That Damn Donna Reed". Just a play on words.

They are so meant to be, I mean just look.
laya-05
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

There was a moment.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 04:46:06 pm »

i agree. christopher just seems so irresponsible..and always wrecks everything.
No offense to any Christopher fans, but he needs to grow up and stop lying. When I saw Luke standing outside, devestated, I wanted to call this episode "That Damn Christopher" like "That Damn Donna Reed". Just a play on words.

hahaa  Cheesy

Now that I've worn out, I've worn out the world
I'm on my knees in fascination
Looking through the night
And the moon's never seen me before,
But I'm reflecting light

---

Hit me with a season 8, baby.
jinglesosborne

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 07:41:03 pm »

Yeah, poor Luke.  Man, no matter what Lorelai did to Luke, he was always waiting for her.  It's a bit pathetic in a way, but then again, Luke isn't the pathetic type, so it's okay.  But Lorelai could always do whatever she wanted around Luke, or could get him to do whatever she wanted him to.  I miss those old days.  *sigh*

NATALIE (to Lorelai): You have your motherís wit.
EMILY: Sometimes I wish sheíd give it back.
cranky
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

certified GG fan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 12:13:10 pm »

I did not like Chris lieing to her daughter but I did like him trying to show that he cared for her and he wanted them to be family...

Then again I liked the way Lorelai took the decision that she did not want to marry Chris even when she loved him... the dialog where she says ... "Itís a big commitment, itís responsibility, itís hard work. Itís coming home at the same time to the same place every day."... it touched me cause that is what I believed in a lot... marriage is not just 2 people living together... it's very much more than that!

Lorelai: I don't want to be Mrs. "Hayden Planeterium" for the rest of my life, I'm Lorelai Gilmore, without the Gilmore, it's like 'Gil-(you know)less' Smiley)
totalggfan84
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 10:56:14 am »

i watched this episode today on abc family and i agree with the big commitment thing...chris isn't ready to take on rory and lorelai full time...he's definately not as responsible as lorelai is...when luke was standing in the cold...that was so sad...i thought it was really funny when rory courtesied in front of straub and francine cuz she didn't know what to do...and then she doesn't know what to call them and makes a totaly fool out of herself...all in all...this is one of my fav episodes from the good old season 1 episodes

^Sig made by the awesome lukesgirl!^
Hi my name is Rachel (Angela is my TJS).
~Literati, Java Junkie~
Obsessed with Harry Potter and Twilight!
hey
Town Resident

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 09:56:06 pm »

I love Christopher. He's funny. I wish he was a bigger role in Rory's life, but you get what you're dealt with.

yeah but then agein he allways comes when HE wants he doesnt give them a call saying 'hey mind if i come to stars hollow and just but in her life and porpose?!?! that had be one of the retatedest things he ever did and then of couse is the whole sherry thing and her wanting bond with her hehe thats a diff. eppy sorry its just he makes so mad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: