GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 22, 2021, 03:41:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.15 - Christopher Returns  (Read 51569 times)
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »

anyway, chris was pretty cool in this ep. his character should've stayed exactly like it was in this ep, because this chris is tolerable, IMO.

exactly that

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
juststandstilll
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 07:53:26 pm »

I felt bad for Luke when Lorleai stood him up. But then as I was watching the scene with Luke waiting, if you look into the reflection of he glass on the diner, you can see people filming and the camera's set up.

I liked Chris when he was there for Rory. Not pining after Lorelai and trying to make her love him. His timing sucks, too. Luke and Lorelai were finally ready to start something, sigh. But then again we woudn't have had so many stolen looks and moments between the two.
wheredidmickgo
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2007, 10:06:51 pm »

why was luke walking up to the diner when lorelai was waiting for him in her pjs?  i thought he lived above... and if he does conceivably live above, why didn't he hear her painting later?

also, richard again mentions his mother in the past tense.

i love catching these!

christopher is immature and ridiculous.  i think that's why i never liked him later on.  my prejudices were started early on.

spunkie
java junkie
half literati/half headliner
"nice, not great?
great, not fabulous?
fabulous, not mondofabulous?"
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2007, 07:01:00 pm »

^ Luke might've been bringing in a shipment of food or supplies. I can't remember if he was carrying anything with him when he met Lorelai on the steps, though. If not, maybe he was just getting done locking up his car or something. My best guess is still that he was just bringing in some food.

August 6th! 
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2007, 07:17:39 am »

How do you think the show would have been if Lorelai decided to marry chris is this episode?

Seni
Town Selectman

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2007, 08:38:26 am »

They'd probably split just like they did in the 7th season. If Chris couldn't bare Lorelai's friendship with Luke then, he couldn't have done it then either.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
Tucker
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2007, 05:45:54 am »

I dunno... if chris and lor got married before Luke and Lor ever got together, I think things might have been different.

Seni
Town Selectman

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2007, 08:40:06 am »

^^But Lorelai and Luke were friends, and close, so...

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
Tucker
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 03:50:59 pm »

At this stage they'd only been friends for 5 years and not 11 like in later seasons. They didnt get together for like 3 years after this point. At this stage he was still the Duke the coffee guy who did some handyman stuff.

And if she'd had a husband around for all that time she may not have become so close to luke over the next 3 years.

Seni
Town Selectman

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2007, 08:56:45 am »

I don't know...I think he was never just Luke + only 5 years?? I don't think that's only...aaand Chris, at this point, wasn't really a family man yet. Maybe it would have possibly made a difference if they got married in season 2 if Sherry didn't get pregnant, but then I don't think they would have made it, no matter what Chris said.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2007, 11:40:36 am »

Well, it was impossible in this episode, anyway. For one, Emily was for it. For another, Christopher was lying to her about his problems. And thirdly, well, she schools her dating life according to Rory's needs, and as much as Rory wants a live-in dad, Christopher was dead weight, not a partner.
And no matter how he justified it, he let his father cream Lorelai over his imaginary potential. Catch Luke arguing for civility when his girlfriend is being attacked!

Besides, she felt like a jerk and an idiot for being herself in a way that Christopher endorsed. I can see why she would say it wasn't right, especially since she's already admitted she has feelings for Luke and had plans to buy fruit for him.

bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2007, 12:24:33 pm »

Scorecard, as of this episode:
Lorelai: Three (Luke, Christopher and let's not forget Max is still out there)
Rory: Two (Dean, Tristan the Jerky Jerk)

Lorelai gets to do it all in this episode: Her usual quick-witted comedy, angry confrontation with Christopher's father, sad confrontation with her own father, sex on a balcony, a marriage proposal and enough time leftover to paint a diner. 

Richard pisses me off with his "proper procedure" speech. Is it all about appearances and protection of the Gilmore name? Emily, on the other hand, has a great moment with Rory in the kitchen, assuring her that she is NOT a disappointment. Right on, Emily! Too bad we couldn't see more of that.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2007, 05:13:55 pm »

I think this was a great introduction for Chris's character. They show us his character as if he was 16 (immature) to let us know why Lorelai didn't agree to the marriage. It simply wouldn't work. He's more a play-mate to Rory than a parent. Lorelai seems very conflicted in this episode between her love for him and her fear of his typical behavior. My favorite scene is when Chris's dad is insulting Lorelai and attacking her for ruing his son's future and she doesn't say anything but the second he says "i don't care how good of a student that girl is" Lorelai gets upset. She  can handle all the crap he says about her but not Rory. I love how at the end of the fight Lorelai stands beside Chris saying she feels like 16. It's the same fight over the same thing and Lorelai & Chris were treated as if they were still teenagers. Chris's dad wasn't even talking to her in direct, he kept saying "she". That's probably why Chris couldn't say anything. They both felt the same, all those feelings of being in that fight when 16 rushed to them.

Lorelai was touched seeing her father defending her, how sad is that? I mean isn't that what fathers supposed to do? But then comes that comment that Richard made to Lorelai about how she doesn't need anyone to protect her, that she proved she can take care of herself. I always feel there is a touch of sadness there in Richard's part. As if he wishes she wasn't that strong so at least she would have stayed near instead of running away.

Rory acts as if she believes Emily when Emily says the fight isn't about her but Rory's true feelings come clear when She talks to Lorelai "They were directing them to you because you had ME". Rory seems to be having some doubts when Lorelai says she & Chris have no regrets. I always thought Lorelai should have talked more about it.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 05:16:51 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2007, 10:40:40 pm »

I think that is a great point that you bring up Sidney.  I've never thought of it that way before.  But Christopher and Lorelai are literally standing there being chastised by Strobe like they are sixteen again.  So for the first time ever I get that there may have been an underlying factor to him not sticking up for Lorelai.  I still think he should have.  But I get it now.

And I too loved Emily's speech to Rory.  I thought it was a very necessary conversation to have and one that echoed the feeling of all in the room other than perhaps Christopher's parents.  And yes it is a shame that while Emily can remove herself from her own feeling long enough to support Rory, she wa never able to do so when it came to her relationship with Lorelai.

Please read Forum Rules
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2007, 12:55:13 pm »

I can see Sidney's point on why Christopher didn't speak up when his father was ripping into Lorelai and Rory, but i agree with Caryn that he still should have overcome those feelings and said something. Even a simple, "It's my own fault" or "That's not fair to Lorelai", anything would have been better than nothing. L & R were sitting right there and, more for Rory's sake, he should have opened his mouth.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: