GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 22, 2021, 02:53:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.15 - Christopher Returns  (Read 51564 times)
LouLou
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 07:53:01 pm »

I felt bad for Luke but i felt bad for Rory she hoped her dad was more mature and that her parents might end up together.
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 04:40:49 pm »

I thought it was absolutly hillarious when Rory curtsied ((i have no idea how to spell that word)) for Christaphor's parents. that made me laugh. and then when Richard//Emily were telling his parents how smart Rory is..and everyone looks at her and she just sits there. HA.

But..I felt bad for Rory in this episode. I thought it was really good that Emily made sure to tell her that they werent saying she was a dissapointment.

I also felt bad for Luke..Lorelai forgot about him. aww :[

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
Gilmore-Fan-13
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 12:34:31 pm »

It was funny when the town was stalking Christopher.  After Ms. Patty knew who he was she called.  When Rory and Christopher went to the bookstore everyone in town knew who he was. At the Friday night dinner it was funny when Lorelai said''President Bush's face was too small fro his head.
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 08:30:26 pm »

Poor Luke, ugh Christtopher is too annoying!! That was nice of Emily to tell Rory that had nothing to do with her.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 08:32:18 pm by Gilmorefan xx » Logged

August 6th! 
Stars-n-Moons
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 10:16:24 am »

I thought that this was a great episode!  I really like Christopher.  Yes, he does have really bad timming, but when he is around, Lorelai [and Rory] is really happy.  It just seems right.  He doesn't mean any harm.  It was so funny how the news travels so fast in the town.  I love it!  One of my favorite scenes in Gilmore Girls is when Lorelai and Chris are just standing in front of Richard and Emily's house, just porcrastinating going in, with Rory in the background.  Very funny.  I did fell really bad for Luke.  Chris is a good guy with bad timming, and Lorelai just gets caught up in there.

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
CaliSoftball18
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Softball and Gilmore Girls are the best! <3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 08:43:01 pm »

oh gosh.
one of my favorite lines is in this episode.
the one about george bushs head!

LOGAN: Because you’re special.
RORY: Special, like ‘Stop eating the paste’, special?
Gilmore-Fan-13
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 23

Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 06:39:35 am »

This was a great episode.

Oy with the poodles already !
r0ry
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

life is, at its best, boring.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 06:58:13 am »

I caught myself really wanting Lorelai to accept Christopher's proposal. I was completely blindsided by him and kept imagining how perfect everything would be if they got back together. That was before Lorelai slapped me in the face with her comment;

"But that doesn’t change the fact that he still has a long way to go before he is ready to take us on full time. I mean you are a handful missy. And while I am pure joy and sunshine every waking hour, I still have my own set of needs that - that must be met. It just wasn’t right babe. You have to trust me on that. Mm? Talk please."

Then I realised that she was right.

Let me live, love and say it well in good sentences.
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 07:40:40 pm »

the more i see of christopher the more i like him, i think.

August 6th! 
LorelieRori
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 08:10:45 pm »

Hate this episode. Chris is EVIL!!!!

Nov78
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 02:37:49 pm »

I just had the chance to see this episode for the first time.  Hooray for syndication!  I really liked it a lot.  I think it is one of my favorite episodes.  I loved the way the town residents were spying on Chris and Rory, and how Jackson and the other guy were arguing about whether he looked more like George Clooney or Brad Pitt.  I don't think either one personally, but David Sutcliffe is quite cute in and of himself! 

Unlike the Christopher loathers, this episode made me feel really sorry for Chris (then again I've always liked Chris, since I first saw him in season 2).  Granted he could have been a much better father, but this episode did show that he cared.  Lorelai said that he called around once a week, and it seemed like Rory saw him for a lot of holidays, so it wasn't like he was a totally absentee dad.  It just seemed like he was one of those guys who couldn't seem to get his life together.  But the good thing was that he didn't use Rory being born when he was 16 as an excuse for that, as I could see some other guys doing, especially in light of the comments his father was making regarding him not going to Princeton because of Rory. 

I also felt sorry for Chris because his parents were absolutely horrible.  They almost make Richard and Emily seem nice by comparison.  Yes, R & E may mistreat Lorelai, but at least they are good to Rory and don't make her feel like she ruined everyone's lives just by being born.  Francine was also terrible when she kept commenting to Chris about his tie -- I mean he's 32 years old!  Poor Chris!
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 04:47:59 pm »

Yeah, I liked my first view of Christopher here.  Someone on another board mentioned that one reason they don't hate Christopher and see him as a bad bad father is because neither Lorelai or Rory view him that way.  I think that's partly it for me, too.  Yes, Christopher hasn't been a great dad, but I don't think an awful, uncaring dad would invoke the kind of happiness to see him that Rory had.  And, sure, he should have visited Stars Hollow sooner, but it's not like Rory never had any contact with him, it just happened outside of Stars Hollow.  And, how comfortable she was talking to him just suggested that they weren't practical strangers, like you might expect between people who rarely see each other.  Sort of like how Rory was with Emily and Richard in the pilot.  My guess is, when Rory was little and saw her grandparents during the holidays, they probably only had dinner where they didn't really talk to her, and left right away.  But, when she saw Christopher, they interacted and talked.  Plus, the phone calls also helped.

And, I will always like that he didn't blame Lorelai getting pregnant for his problems.  And, while this isn't an excuse for not coming to visit sooner, but I could sympathyze that he didn't stay away out of a lack of care, but because watching the relationship Rory had with Lorelai, it made him feel inadequate.  Seeing her made him feel like he screwed up, so it was easier to stay away.  I can understand that kind of feeling.

This was also the first episode where I  actually liked Emily.  I thought it was wonderfully sensitive and perceptive for her to talk to Rory.  I thought it was very signifcant that she said neither Rory's person or existance was ever a disappointment. Straub was going on about how Lorelai's pregnancy ruined Christopher's life.  Rory had to be thinking, "her pregnancy with me."  Emily told her that as far as she was concerned, from the moment they knew of Rory, even before she was born, she was never thought of as a disappointment.

And, this was the episode that had me thinking that Richard was a cold, cruel excuse for a human being.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2007, 06:33:05 am »

I actually like Chris in this episode. He has this charm. And you could feel the tension between him and Lorelai.It was kind of...goosebumpy  Grin Wink

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 02:09:20 pm »

i hate how chris's parents treated rory and lorelai. they need to get over themselves. I wanted to strangle them...little did i know that it was chris who shoulda been strangled, giving what he would do in later seasons...

anyway, chris was pretty cool in this ep. his character should've stayed exactly like it was in this ep, because this chris is tolerable, IMO.

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
#1DeanLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 24

I love Dean, and I am insane!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007, 05:23:12 pm »

Nice Shirt, take it off!

~#1DeanLover
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print