GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 20, 2021, 06:24:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls: Stop Being Smart!!!  (Read 50179 times)
ErinG
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2008, 09:53:24 pm »

The reason I love Gilmore Girls is the intelligent writing. I would hate if there was a dumb character. Well we have Kirk, don't we? I fell in love with this show because of the wit and pop culture references. It reminded me of shit I would say, although  I am not calling myself a genius. I do wish that they would have made April a tad bit different, but I also wish she was never on the show at all. Well cannot cry about it now, GG is over Sad

HermioneGirl101
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

Oh, Luke... How I love thee...

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2009, 01:28:09 pm »

Their wit is what keeps the show going. Yes, there are smart characters, but that's what makes the show... the show. I mean, the whole reason Lorelai went to Emily and Richard was to get money for Rory to go to Chilton, which she had gotten into because she was smart. Without that, we probably wouldn't have seen much of the Gilmores, and they are a huge part of this show. And April was supposed to wow Luke. I think that her intelligence helped Luke's self esteem, knowing that he had *hem* produced *hem* a child like that. And because Rory went to Chilton, and then on to Yale, she encountered many smart people. So, the intelligence of the show is truly what keeps this show going.

If that makes sense. Undecided

Ding! You're a fairy!
H GGuy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2009, 11:47:33 am »

Yes, this is a smart show, and that's super, but I don't like it how they made both Lorelai's daughter and Luke's daughter almost genius like.  I thought it was nice how Lorelai would talk about how mature and intellegent Rory was at age 4, but the fact that April's Mother could say the same about April just annoys me. I'm not talking about just smartness but rather the genius level Rory and April are both at.

why whenever anyone reproduces in this show they get a smarty?? STOP! Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Im sorry to say but you miss the whole point of april and parils mom thepoint is aprils mom is JUST LIKE LORALEI, one of his few flings back in the day, therefore it only makes perfect sense april ends up tp be just like rory.. mabee nerdier and smarter who knows (actress seems smarter ha...)
H GGuy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2009, 11:49:23 am »

yes, i definatly see where you are comming from, I just don't like April. Why did Luke get a smart kid like Lorelai did?? That is my big question.

Because they wanted to remind people of Rory.  They wanted Lorelai to not be able hate April (not being able to hate the person indirectly responsible for her relationship problems just brings more angst) and how could she when supposedly, she gets taken back to when Rory was that age, whenever she sees April?  Sometimes these things are done to facilitate the plot.  

Although, I still say April is more of a mini Paris than a mini Rory.  But, I know they want me to think that she's Rory reincarnated.

I think your both wrong read my past comment

Very well put Dani, I am once again blown away by your hit-the-nail-on-the-head commentary.

*shuffles feet*  Aw shucks.
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2009, 03:14:13 pm »

My opinion is that they made them so similar because it created a great sense of irony to the storyline and gosh everyone lives off irony in this world whether they know it or not. It created a twist and something to take a deeper look at for true GG fans. It was placed with a purpose no matter if ya liked it or not.

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: