GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 30, 2022, 12:51:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls in South Africa  (Read 184154 times)
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 21, 2008, 05:41:18 pm »

Welcome back Cody!!!! You are easily forgiven for your absence, as long as you dont make a habit of it Smiley

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa hun, its so sad to see so many org members losing loved ones at the moment, Sooks and Brenda complete the 'death comes in threes triangles' with some of their relatives passing away. You are all taking it very well and like I said to the others, I am always here to support you!

On a happier note, its great to see your presence in the Book Club thread! It isnt a very long book so you should be able to catch up, and this time you will have us egging you on to finish the book so it just might happen! Maybe Chris can be your Hugh Dancy, hehehe!!!! Thats unfortunately so wrong, Chris is like a brother now!

So I did get a puppy and she is lovely! You have probably seen her mug on my facebook but she has grown so much since those pics, I am going to updated it one day soon. She has the best temperament, very playful but can be placid and cuddly too when she isnt trying to lick your face off, hehe!

Oh - and the marriage thing is nothing to stress about, just our siblings but not to one another Wink

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 69

Back and better than ever!

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 21, 2008, 07:19:53 pm »

Wow, siblings getting married eh? I guess I can complete the triangle on that one too, seeing as my sister is FINALLY making wedding arrangements with my brother-in-law (whom I've called that for the past 5 years already) Josh! Weird how that all comes up at once, eh? They won't be married till next spring though I assume, since winter weddings are always such a hassle here in Canada. Smiley  You guys don't have to wait so long.

I DID see your puppy, and she is sooo adorable! I love dogs! My best friend is in the process of moving into a new home, and when they get settled, she is getting a puppy too!! I think she wants a little one too...little ones are awesome to just cuddle with! That and they don't have much backyard space so a big dog would get pretty stuffy.

Haha! Chris as my Hugh Dancy! I'm afraid he is too big brotherlike for that role! I dunno though, I'm still on the prowl for a boy. I think I should just stop looking and just hope to run into someone. Haha, I hate small towns...I've known everyone here since birth, it makes meeting someone new pretty difficult. There is a boy I've got my eye on, but, I shouldn't jinx it by mentioning a name just yet. Unfortunately he's mr.popular for small town Napanee so pretty well every girl has got an eye on him.

Hmm...I don't have much news, sadly. I left my Jane Austen collective works book in my locker at school so I won't be able to start Lady Susan till tomorrow, but...looking forward to it! I'm reading Pride And Prejudice (for the millionth time) for school this semester, along with Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. I'm a reading machine!

Oh! You remember my friend Fraser, right? Well, him and I had quite a falling out last year, we've just been in seperate places and such, but I just found out something really shocking! He just had surgery to remove a tumor from his nose! My god, I didn't even know one of my good old friends had cancer! It was surreal when I found out. I saw him from a distance and he looks so different! People who didn't know were asking if he got a nose job! Wow, he's handled it really well, I would be crazy if I ever found out I had cancer. Fortunately it's completely gone now and he's going to be just fine. He looks quite handsome with the new nose, too. lol. Too bad I haven't even had a chance to talk to him yet.

Anyhoo I'm so excited to be back you see me babbling on. Till next time!

Love!
~Cody  Wink

Bs FAN CLUB!
Pri is my long lost sister!
Honourary South African!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 21, 2008, 09:18:41 pm »

Aww! I cant believe you had a falling out with Fraser! You too were pretty close! Its a shame you werent able to help him through his hard times but at least he has come through it ok.

I only WISH I had studied P&P at school! I stuidied Emma and she was my introduction to Jane Austen, it was hard at first because I didnt realise she was being funny, hehe. Youre lucky you already have such a great knowledge of the novel, you will do so well studying it!

So are you a maid of honour/bridesmaid for your sis? I am lucky (or unlucky) enough to be maid of honour and Chris is Best Man. Maybe if our speech goes over well you can re-hash it next year! Hehe!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 22, 2008, 02:26:54 pm »

Yeah, Fraser's a good guy, stopped and had a chat with him today. We always knew we'd eventually stop being so close, it wasn't like a fight instigated it or anything. I still consider him a friend.

Hehe, I'm determined to go get the book club movie tonight, but I don't know if the little video store I always go to would have it, their choices are a little slim. lol. That and my total lack of funds might hold me back a bit. Tongue I'll have to go running to mummy and beg. I like Emma, it's pretty cute. I have a real soft spot for Darcy and Elizabeth though.

I have been named the maid of honour, yes. Speeches, oh lord. I hadn't even really thought much about that! Hmph, if ever they decide when they want to date their wedding, I will start worrying. No sense just yet. I might just have to take you up on that speech stealing offer. lol.

Ooo! I made a discovery today! There's this adorable new chic (yes, chic in Napanee, I was shocked!) coffee shop downtown, called Coffee Cravings...and well I'm not the biggest coffee drinker around, this guy that owns it makes the most AMAZING drinks and stuff, things I'd never even heard of! I wish you guys were here, I'd scratch up the money to buy you all a big caramel latte! Mmmm. teehee.

Love!
~Cody Wink

Bs FAN CLUB!
Honourary South African!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 30, 2008, 03:40:44 pm »

Hey friends!!!!

Cody, are you still perving on the new girl? Hehe! If you decide to swing the other way I will support you! Meanwhile I am glad that you spoke to Fraser, even if you arent close any more, it would be a shame to lose that friendship altogether.

So I am sick at the moment! I have some kind of infection so that I have a sore throat, a cough, runny nose! All the good stuff. I think I am about to lose my voice which would be funny! Maybe then I would get kicked out of work for a sicky day! I went to the doctors and he said I could have time off if I wanted but I have too much work to do anyway.

I have another ladys day coming up next weekend and I just hope these complaining women actually see the value in the event this time! They tend to overlook how much free stuff they get!

Anyway, time for me to do the forum rounds! Catch you later aligators!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 01, 2008, 03:52:46 pm »

Perving the new girl?! Lol, NO!
I don't think I could ever swing that way, I'm too in love with pretty well every guy I meet! Lol. I have a lot of friends that are into girls though, so nothing against them, I just don't think that'd be my thing.  Smiley
Too bad right now I'm chasing after a guy who has been practically betrothed to his girlfriend since youth! haha.
But he's kind of amazing so I'm just trying to stay on the sidelines of love for now. I need to stop falling for the wrong guys, so I'm gonna avoid falling at all. lol.

We have the same cold, it seems, B! It sucks! I've been sitting in my classes coughing and sneezing, sniffling and things, but I can't afford to miss any school after all the time I had to take off for my grandpa's funeral. Ugh. I got an early report from teacher today and I'm getting A's all around, but... I feel like there's tons of work. All Canadian universities are coming tomorrow and we have to do workshops all day. That shouldn't be so bad, at least I get to miss out on some class.

Time to go eat some dinner and take some medicine! Blahh...hopefully next time we won't be ill!
~Cody  Wink

Bs FAN CLUB!
Honourary South African!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 07, 2008, 03:58:12 pm »

Hey Codyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Christopher is AWOL for a few weeks I believe so we can steal this thread from him!!! Seeing that you wont 'swing that way' I wont hit on you while we are here alone, hehe!

So I dont know if I am over my cold. I am on my second course of antibiotics and it still doesnt seem to be gone. I think I should have taken a few days off to rest but its hard at this time of year. We are at the beginning of the the corporate golf season and I have another Ladies Day on Saturday (its only three a year but it feels like I always have one in the near future) Got to get my legs out as part of my hosting gig (bought a very cute skirt) so tomorrow its off for a spray tan! My legs are so ferally white at the moment, there is no way I can unleash them on the poor ladies without some colour, dont want to blind the paying customers!

So after many many months of bitching about my old clunker of a computer I am finally getting a new one on Friday!!!!! It will have a 20inch monitor and lots of memory and I am so excited that I want to squeal!! I have been getting dirty looks from other people who want a new computer but they dont understand that mine is the oldest and I have spent months bitching to finally get a result.

Anyway, I should get back to work!!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 08, 2008, 03:12:01 pm »

Hey lady!

Christopher will just have to deal with a little catching up when he returns, lol.

My cold is gone, thank god! I stayed home from school today because I had an upset stomach, but...I'm 100% back and better than ever!
Oo! I have a job interview next wednesday, so my stint as an unemployed girl is over after a good 2 months. Which is actually really good, I'm sick of this no money business. lol. It's for a McDonalds, but... oh well. As long as I don't come face to face with Ronald McDonald, I'm a little scared of clowns, haha. It won't be too bad, it's not a lot of hours, but that's okay because of school, and I'll be getting some money!
I wish that I'd be able to get away from old clunker computer, but...sigh. I never have money for anything these days (but perhaps this will change!) I won't give you a dirty look, though don't worry.  Wink  I think it's awesome you're finally getting one. I have a 19 inch monitor, but I'd love a flat screen one. This one is huge. lol. The only good news I've gotten on the computer front is I found in the mailbox a little letter from local government saying they're trying to reach the highspeed/broadband service to my area. Thank goodness, dial up is getting to be just ridiculous.

Anyhoo, not enough to give tons of news about, just the job interview, so... I think I should go try and find out what work I could be doing (I did miss school, after all.)

Love!

~Cody  Wink

Bs FAN CLUB!
Honourary South African!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 08, 2008, 03:26:06 pm »

Hey Cody! We are online at the same time! How exciting!

McD's hey! Ronald McDonald is VERY SCARY and I have to face him on Tuesday, lol. Seriously though, he will be at my work as we have a Ronald McDonald House Charities Golf Day and he comes along. I'll tell him you really need the money and youre a lovely girl and he should hire you. Maybe he will be the one interviewing you on Wednesday Shocked I should jump in his suitcase!

So do you Canadians get free internet? I think in Europe they do or something. I wish we had free internet, knowing our government it would be shit anyway. We bought wireless internet for home which we can use anywhere and that is pretty cool. Oh whoops, I havent paid the bill yet! Better do that tonight!

Ok gotta go to a quickie meeting!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 14, 2008, 12:51:33 pm »

Hahaha I'd much appreciate you putting in a good word with Ronnie for me. Wink
If I had to be interviewed BY Ronald McDonald, I think I'd wet myself in fear. lol. But if you popped out of the suitcase I think it'd be worth it, haha. Apparently my friend Caitlin who works there has been talking good about me to the boss, so he's very excited to meet me tomorrow. I hope I can live up to his expectations, lol.

So this weekend was excellent! Thanksgiving here in Canada, which is always a yummy occasion! Got to eat turkey, and lots of goodies guilt free! lol. My family went to my sisters place for dinner with Josh's family as well. It was good, his family is quite funny! And the three day weekend thing is always good, I caught up on some schoolwork...just to get tons more today, but nevertheless...

No, our internet isn't free, but not everyone can even access the highspeed waves because we're so...vast. lol. They don't always reach places like my house. haha. I wish it were free, that'd be convenient! But I gotta work on getting it first,haha.

We're having federal elections here today, so that's pretty much all we've been able to talk/hear about. I can't vote until next year (well, I guess next election) because I'm not 18. Oh well...I have my opinions anyway. I think the Conservative Party will win again, and that won't be bad. But I won't bore you with Canadian politics. Alls okay over here, that's all that matters. Smiley

~Cody  Wink

Bs FAN CLUB!
Honourary South African!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 14, 2008, 03:31:51 pm »

Hey! By the time you read this you have probably been interviewed! I hope you won them over!

Ronald was creepy, He kept talking to me, its like he could tell he was making me uncomfortable so he kept at it. He was also a bit precious. There wasnt enough light in the room he was dressing in for him to put on his make up (cmon, I could put white paint and red lips on in the dark!)

Canadian's celebrate Thanksgiving? I thought that was an American thing! I am not big on turkey, its not an extremely popular meat here but I understand the signifigance of it in the Thanksgiving tradition.

Anyway, time to blow this joint, hehe!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 20, 2008, 08:53:21 am »

Lol Yeah, we celebrate thanksgiving, but a month before Americans do. And it's a delicious holiday, if I do say so myself. I quite enjoy it, turkey and all!! Smiley

Yeah my interview went really good, the guy that interviewed my was SO cute and so I was all giddy and happy. What was even better was that he was all nervous too for some reason and kept stumbling all over his words. I was like "Aren't I supposed to be the nervous one?" and he's like "haha I like you, you're great." So I think that's a good sign. He had to get the real manager to call me back for a second interview though, seeing as the only reason I really went in that time (I found out) is because he wanted to meet me and prep me before my real interview. Which was nice and cute, considering he was adorable. I dunno though, I actually went in and the job itself doesn't look too pretty. We'll see if they even call back, it's been a few days.

Eww, I went on a trip to visit Ottawa University on Friday (which was amazingly fun, cute boys everywhere!!) and this guy at a truck stop totally came over and talked to me and creeped my friend and I out. It was kinda hilarious. But I don't like truck stops because, well, they're truck stops. The trip was really informative though, and I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to go to College first and see how that works out before I do University (if I do it). It just seems more practical for me because I don't want to blow tens of thousands of dollars on school when I'm not even sure what I want to be yet. We'll see, I have to have applications in really soon!

Anyways I'd tell you tons more but I'm at school, so I should probably get back to my report on Henry VIII. He was a cool guy, I gotta tell ya.

Love!
~Cody  Wink

Bs FAN CLUB!
Honourary South African!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 20, 2008, 03:26:31 pm »

Hey Cody!

Whats the difference between College/Uni...I'll show you our breakdown:

Primary School = Elementary School
Secondary College = High School
Tafe = you go after highschool but it is cheaper than University, offers more hands on courses like hair dressing and motor mechanics
University = costs thousands, you go after highschool and its more for people being lawyers and doctors and stuff

So I guess your College is our Tafe and University is the same in both countries!

I cant believe how bold some freaks are at truck stops. Surely he could tell you were part of a school group! Does he want to go to jail! Freaky truckstop people aside, I am glad you saw some hotties on your trip! Its always fun when there are hotties on field trips. I remember going to the Navy/Marines open day when I was at school, it was a fantastic day, heheh! I love those uniforms!!!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 09, 2008, 03:06:24 pm »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST CHRISTOPHERRRRRR
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I slaved away and made a special cake just for you

Complete with pet monkeys and all!

And I bought you a special hat 

And considering I had a few pennies left over I bought you a small lakeside house

My wonderful friend - I hope you have an amazing birthday as I am sure you will! Congratulations on now being 1/4 of the way to 100 years old!!!!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Byder
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 114

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: November 11, 2008, 06:04:39 am »

Ello luv!!
Aaaawww that put such a big smile on my face! You really rock, and thanks so much for waiting for me, to wish me in realtime!!! Cheesy
Yay!!!
~C

Thanks to QweenB and MasBYUgal for the Awesome Sig!
IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35
  Print  

Jump to: