GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 23, 2022, 05:35:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls in South Africa  (Read 182059 times)
Byder
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 114

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2006, 03:57:25 am »

Hey All,

Thought I'd start a Girlmore Girls South Africa Section. There must be fans in SA, that check out this forum. Check in a say, 'Hello'

Chow

Thanks to QweenB and MasBYUgal for the Awesome Sig!
IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 10:55:51 pm »

Hello!

Im not South African but I saw you here all alone and couldnt let it stay that way! My name is Belinda, you may know me from such places as the Gilmore Guys thread, hehe.

If youre ever lonely drop by the Aussie thread and we will entertain you Smiley or we will just crash your pad anyway, its all good.

Cheers

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Byder
Gilmore Maid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 01:03:22 am »

Hey thanks. I may just drop by on the Aussie Thread.

I am hoping to see lots South Africans on here soon?!

Maybe they just don't take it as seriously as I do.

lol Smiley

IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 01:27:00 am »

Maybe because you are only at season three they are still taking their time. Have you seen 'Field of Dreams'? 'If you build it they will come' you built the room, they will show up eventually Smiley just be patient and in the mean time we will keep you company.

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Byder
Gilmore Maid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 09:51:47 am »

Hey no I haven't seen 'Field of Dreams'. Which season is that from? I was just checking thru the list on gilmoregirls.org and couldn't find it!?

Ya, I'm sure the SA people will rock up soon enough! Smiley

IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 02:00:17 am »

Hehe, you make me giggle. Field of Dreams is a totally unrelated movie about a man has a dream that tells him to build a baseball field in his cornfield. In the dream someone says 'If youy build it they will come' and when he builds the baseball field everyone thinks hes nuts but all the spirits of these dead baseballers come and play on his field Smiley

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Byder
Gilmore Maid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 02:07:33 am »

Lol, my bad. But still. Haven't seen it. I'll check my local video shop sometime Smiley

Ya, I have some seriously random thoughts to promote GG in SA, but they're all crazy. Somebody will think I'm mad if I do them Smiley

IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 02:21:44 am »

You should print up some www.gilmoregirls.org stickers and just stick them everywhere Smiley

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Byder
Gilmore Maid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 11:13:50 am »

Ya, I think I will do that. Just make them look really cool. lol

IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 05:44:26 pm »

Helloooo! You are an animater! I am sure you are artistic enough to make them look cool! Just put an animated version of me on it! Hehe! I am too vain!

It looks like this thread is just ours Shocked its nice to have a secluded place to kick back and relax Smiley

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Byder
Gilmore Maid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 11:43:34 pm »

Lol its true, it does seem like our own little space.  Cheesy  I will try and whip something up inbetween college work.

We can always arrange an Animated Version of you  Tongue Lol, could be quite fun. As long as you don't mind being stylised.

IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 03:45:17 pm »

Hun, I live for style, glam me up and turn me into an animation!! Hehe. I think I kind of live in a fantasy world in my head anyway. So at 2am this morning I got a phone call from my friend who has just come back to Australia after 3 months in SA. He said he started off in some university village near Cape Town and then went to the coast and travelled to other countries nearby from the coastal place. He seemed to have really loved SA (I was half asleep for the whole conversation) and he wants to move there one day to be with his girlfriend. Is all very sweet and all but I had trouble getting back to sleep after his call and now I am at work and Im fairly tired.
So you want to come to Australia to work/live? I dont blame you, Australia really is a beautiful place...still dont know why your brother would go to NZ instead Grin and we have all sorts of climates to suit anyone, we are very multicultural but the most important part...it feels safe. I dont know if it is because we are half a world away from anything major and its too much effort to cause trouble here or if its because we dont stick our noses too far into other countries business but things are good here and I hope they stay that way Smiley
Well, I might have a stroll around the boards and see whats going on, will talk to you later.

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Byder
Gilmore Maid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 02:24:09 pm »

Nice, so did he enjoy himself? Other than rushing back to see his dad. SA is a beutiful country when you stick to the decent areas. Lol. The best places are to stay along the coasts. Not really brickhouse loads to do inland. I die the next day if I get disturbed late at night, so I've honestly takin to turning off my phone  Tongue

I know what you mean. SA is also relativly chilled interms of jumping into the internation scenes problems. Although now we're all special coz we seem to be leading the way for Africa! Anyhoo.

Well, I'll chat to you soon  Cheesy

C
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 08:32:55 am by Byder » Logged

IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 03:55:49 pm »

Hey! Congrats on the interview for your dream job! That sounds fantastic! I wonder how they feel about their staff working from home or in a stimulating environment away from the office Smiley
My friend really enjoyed himself while in SA, so much so that he has plans to move there in the future so you all must have impressed him (he loves snow so moving to SA must mean he loves the place more than he loves snow which means a lot)
Let me know how your interview goes Smiley

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Byder
Gilmore Maid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 02:38:48 pm »

Hey! The interview went really well. They didn't offer me a job though. They've offered me an Internship for basically the rest of the year, whilst I'm at college. So that lets me work 3hrs a day for them and the rest at college! I'm really happy with that, coz that will give me a head start in the industry Smiley I start on monday. So that pretty awesome!

Chow Chow

IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35
  Print  

Jump to: