Author Topic: 3.13 - Dear Emily and Richard  (Read 98230 times)

Offline Imy

• Pretty Town Spinster
  • Community Points: 411
  • I'm the Literati geek!
    • View Profile
Re: 3.13 - Dear Emily and Richard
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2006, 02:02:02 pm »
i've always wondered what lorelai's past was like in more detail. i liked this episode a lot.

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol

Offline Stars-n-Moons

• Stars Hollow High Student
  • Community Points: 14
  • Seven Super Seasons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2006, 07:21:21 am »
I absolutly love the flashbacks used in this episode.  This is another great one!  I love how Loerlai goes running to the hospital for Rory even thought we know how much she doesn't and Emily doesn't want her to be there.  It goes to show that Lorelai is always there for Rory.  This is a super eposide.

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]

Offline Imy

• Pretty Town Spinster
  • Community Points: 411
  • I'm the Literati geek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2006, 06:52:58 am »
i have always wondered what happened to lorelai in her past and now i realise where all the friction between her and emily comes from
and yes i agree the actors playing young lorelai and chris weren't very good!
there was one thing this episode was missing tho........jess!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol

Offline lorelailvr61993

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2006, 07:44:17 am »
HEY I SOOOO AGREE WITH FAIRYTALE ABOUT HOW CHELSEA BRUMET WAS A PERFECT LORELAI BUT THE ACTOR WHO PLAYED CHRIS SUCKED!!!!!!! HE WAS TERRIBLE!!!!! BUT I LOVED THIS EPISODE. I LOVED THE FLASHBACKS! IT WAS SOOOOOOO CUTE! WRITE ME!!! :cd: :star: :coffee:

Offline AlyssaLoo

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 3
  • Best Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2006, 12:57:23 pm »
I LOVED this episode.
It made me so sad though.
Lorelai having to raise Rory all by herself.

LiTERATi // JAVA JUNKiE // PAUL ANKA LOVE

[/red]

Offline Carmicone

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 7
  • Usagi-chan ~*I Love Gilmore Girls*~
    • View Profile
    • Usagi Believes in Love
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2006, 11:57:56 am »
I love this episode although I agree with some other people that says the actor who played 16 year old Christopher didn't look like him at all, or act like the older Chris in any way... But it was funny to see Emily with long hair... she look a bit strange.
I'm just seeing again my GG DVD's and I'm one episode away of this one, I hope to see it tonight :D
"Love is a desire for that lost half of ourselves"
[/b]

*Random pretty sticks, aaah, to give and receive...*

Offline melena-#1 fan

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2006, 06:01:38 pm »
 Omg!!! I love this episode. I agree Chelsea Brummet is a realy good young LORELAI . :D :) 8)

Offline Aimmers514

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2006, 08:13:20 pm »
This episode was a great flashback into the past.  It was interesting to see where the characters started from even before Rory was conceived.  Again, more understanding was broughten to what Emily and Richard went through and even what Lorelai needed to decide.

I thought it was a bit ridiculus of Christopher in this episode for Lorelai to be that excited for him and Sherry.  Sure, she's a good friend and of course she would be happy for him but I think he expected a bit too much from her.

Offline ggaddict24

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 20
  • "I'll look like the Morton's Salt girl!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2006, 01:24:22 pm »
I love this episode. I think the girl that played young Lorelai did an awesome job. But I didn't like who they got to play young Christopher. He actually seems a little bit better than the now Christopher...
"Oh, so you were already eating. It wasn’t just an out of the blue, ‘And I give you my corn.’ Okay, got it." -Lorelai

Offline TeamLuke

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2006, 04:41:38 pm »
This episode is filled with so much meaning. I enjoy watching it, and it is what cemented this show in my heart as an all-time favorite.

~Helena~

Offline violaplayer1234

• Town Selectman
  • Community Points: 325
  • Smile like you mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2007, 09:15:56 am »
I liked learning about the past, but I didn't especially like the actors for the young Lorelai/Christopher.  I think it was a good way to show the past though...and I loved the letter Lorelai wrote when she went into labor.

I almost felt bad for Emily, when at the end of the flashbacks, she read the note Lorelai left.

Overall it was very well done. 

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace :D

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"

Offline GilmoreGirlslover2

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 15
  • wow some one hit you with a pretty stiick
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2007, 06:00:39 am »
This is my fav one of all the gilmore girls i love the fact that you flash back to lor's past and its so how they related to the present
Made by  JavaJunkiee
Hi Mrs Kim
Best Friends frist mother daughter second
We can sing painting songs
I worte it on power puff girl paper who did he think was seting him up hello kitty
Gilmore Grils For life

Offline JavaJunkiee

• Diner Chef
  • Community Points: 269
  • GG and HP obsessed :)
    • View Profile
    • My Gilmore Girls Videos
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2007, 07:51:54 am »
I love this episode. I think it's good that AS-P decided to show us viewers what really happened when Lorelai got pregnant at 16. I think most of us were curious about that, and she fufilled that curiosity. I didn't like the actor that played Christopher, but the girl that played Lorelai was really good, and she looked like she could be a young Lauren Graham!!

Offline conradv

• Diner Owner
  • Community Points: 318
  • "I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2007, 06:43:50 pm »
One of my favorite episodes - the parallels between then and now are nice (there are parallels in just about every episode, but they were more obvious in this one)

and the "dance" at the end....

Yeah.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)

Offline Nov78

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2007, 12:21:27 pm »
Hmm, it sounds like I'm in the minority at feeling a bit let down by this ep.  It left me with more questions than answers about Lorelai's past, as it really only showed a few key moments in Lorelai's pregnancy and Rory's birth.  For example, when young Lorelai and Christopher are looking at Rory in the nursery, he says "I guess we should get married now."  I would have liked to have seen when Lorelai decided not to marry him and his reaction to it.  Was he relieved, mad, hurt?  I also wonder if Chris had anything to do with Lorelai and Rory in that first year.  Did she tell him when she ran away?  I think these things would have had an impact on their later relationship.  I'm also curious about whether Lorelai ever considered not having Rory or placing her for adoption.  While I can definitely see her making the decision to have and to raise Rory, you would think that at least in the beginning a 16 year-old girl might be confused about what she should do.  I also share the sentiments of an earlier posting, where they said it didn't show how Lorelai made the decision to leave her parent's house.  I guess this would be too much to ask of an hour ep, which also had to work in all the stuff with Gigi's birth as well as other storylines.  Still, it did leave me wanting to know more.

One thing I found interesting about this ep was the early conversation between young Lorelai and Chris in which he convinced her they should skip college and go to Europe.  I always think of Lorelai as the really rebellious one who didn't want to do what her parents told her, but in fact at first she was the one telling Chris they had to go to college.  It doesn't sound like Lorelai completely rejected her parent's lifestyle and expectations of her until she decided to leave home.

This ep also gave me a better impression of Emily than in other eps.  Considering the social circles she was in, she was surprisingly supportive of Lorelai (that is in her own annoying Emily way).  You would think she would have thought like Christopher's mom and wanted to send Lorelai away so no one would know.  But instead she kept Lorelai at home and helped to raise Rory in the beginning.  It was pretty enlightened of her for the 1980s where things were still less liberal than now (and even now this would be fairly shocking in rich social circles I think.)

I didn't really love the actors playing either young Chris or Lorelai.  The girl didn't quite feel like Lorelai to me, but I think it would be hard for anyone to capture the Lorelai-ness that Lauren Graham does so well.  All things considered, she did a decent job.  I agree with what's been said that young Chris looked nothing like older Chris (David Sutcliffe is much better looking!), and his acting was so-so.