GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 27, 2022, 10:02:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is the worst actor?  (Read 71669 times)
GGfanemma
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 80

Literati~Java Junkie forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: December 25, 2006, 05:56:38 pm »

Actually,what's funny is before I started watching GG,I saw one episode with my friend and Emily and Richrd where in t and  thought  they where horrible!But now that I have seen all of them and have become hooked,I can't say there are any bad actors.

Member of the Planless People Club!
Member of the I'm Not a 50 Year Old Man Club!
Member of The People Who Get Hurt A Lot Club!
Member of the Easily Addicted To TV Shows Club!
TeamLuke
Town Resident

Community Points: 42

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2006, 12:32:39 am »

I don't think any of them are terrible, persay, but I did find Jared Padalecki a bit forced. Perhaps it was the character that wasn't well developed, but I don't think he did a great job in making the character of Dean very deep.

~Helena~
zeddie

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2007, 08:20:27 pm »

I think Alexis is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!actor I have ever seen !!! I think Marty is the worst he is really nice and all but he doesnt seem to get into the show as much as the others.

Wow, this is a pretty strong statement.  Hmm. Best actor you have ever seen? Or are you sort of being a bit dramatic out of appreciation? I respect your opinion if that is really it.  I could think of about two hundred better actors, but... that's just my opinion too.  There have been scenes with Alexis that i did not like very much.

I just watched that scene with Luke where Jess gets in the fight at the party and they are cleaning up the next day with the broken fense and the "Hummel" and all and i mean, he (LUKE)  just butchers that scene.  No emotion, just rambling over the words. Not fast enuf. He is not with the pace of the show, sometimes.  It's like he is struggling, with no feeling behind it (no real frustration).

WORST: Probably Scott Paterson, as for one of the lead characters.  He does get wooden sounding, and range of emotions - limited. HOWEVER: There have been a few choice scenes where he came thru and realy gave a believable read - esp. those involving his "hidden" love for Lorelai. Some of those older scenes played very well.
BEST: Emily (i am forever forgetting her NAME!) The actor playing Emily Gilmore is to me, the best. I love Lauren Graham as an actor of course, but I consider Emily a fine character actor.  IMO she has the greatest range and most subtle nuances. She can do anything. I guess LG would be the close second.  Alexis has improved, but i am still waiting for her baby voice to mature into her look.  She can cry now, that's good.
Chris is - the same all the time.  He neither loses control or finds his center. He is just - there.  (i forget his name... i am tired already.  Undecided )

« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 08:27:36 pm by zeddie » Logged

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
elocin

Community Points: 16

i'm 14:D

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2007, 05:48:09 pm »

i disagree, no offence, but i like alexis and scott. alexis, yeah, had a few issues, but is still AMAZING! and marty, too! i can't really think of any bad actors on this show! its SO GOOD!

Life's short. talk fast.

Lorelai: if you're not there, i'd have to get drunk and make out with the best man, who is Rory, so you can see all the very creepy remifications of your absense here.
clumsy_cardhouse
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 25

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2007, 04:59:50 pm »

I like all the actors on the show, but I really don't like the girl who plays Lucy. I think she over-acts a bit. And in the beginning I didn't like Alexis a whole lot. For instance, when she finds out she was accepted to Chilton and said "I have to tell Lane." It seemed like she didn't know exactly how to delive that line. I like her now though.  Smiley

Dave- "What we need is a name."
Brian- "I made my suggestion."
Zach- "Yeah, and we vetoed the Harry Potters. Next."
tully
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2007, 06:27:27 pm »

Rory Undecided
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2007, 06:46:43 pm »

BEST:  Lauren Graham, hands down.  She does acting for so many different age groups,  from The Pasefire to Bad Santa, but it always has that 'Lauren Graham Touch'.  And she has the ability to talk unbelieveably fast!  And Lorelai sometimes seems just as air-headed as I am! 
I think Liza (Paris) come's in a fairly close second.  She cracks me up!  And Vanessa (april).  She seems very versitile as an actress.

Worst:  I didn't perticulary like who ever played Lucy's acting.....

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2007, 08:26:18 pm »

i disagree, no offence, but i like alexis and scott. alexis, yeah, had a few issues, but is still AMAZING! and marty, too! i can't really think of any bad actors on this show! its SO GOOD!

Totally agree!

I think Alexis is an amazing actress, she is better then some actresses I have seen that have been acting for many years. I think Alexis just needs more to work with, like in Sin City, we got to see a completely opposite side of her which we almost never got to see because Rory can be very similar to Alexis.

Scott Patterson is also very tallented, I like Alexis' acting a bit more but Scott still does an amazing job with what he has to work with.

Marty....I'm sorry but have you seen Wayne in anything besides Gilmore Girls? Cause if you did, you definatly wouldn't be saying that. This man is so underrated, he is an amazing actor and singer! I saw him on Law and Order and had no idea it was him! Shocked Like Alexis, he just doesn't get given a whole lot to work with on the show.

I don't think there are any bad actors on the show, there are characters I don't like but I think the actors that play them are amazing at what they do!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 08:27:53 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Gorjuz_merryn89
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2007, 04:18:40 am »

I actually think they are all pretty good, but I didn't like dean much as an actor. He wasn't even good looking. I think dean played his part well for what it was, I just don't like him as an actor.
gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2007, 09:05:35 am »

This should be an easy one for me. I've studied acting and have done my fair share of not-so-exciting acting jobs. And I'm constantly (at least once every few episodes) thinking "wow, so-and-so, that was TERRIBLE acting!" . . . but for some reason, I can't for the life of me identify who I feel the WORST actor is.

I think that the guy that played Jason Stiles was NOT a good match for the role at all. I think he might be brilliant at playing an annoying middle aged gay man, but NOT Lorelai's love interest. Maybe HE was the worst actor, because there was no way I could believe him in that part. At all. I hated season four because of him.

There are times when Scott Paterson makes me cringe. And as much as I love the character Mrs. Kim and how Emily Kuroda usually portrays her, for some reason there are these odd random moments where her acting just goes MILES over the top . . . bad acting, yes . . . yet . . . for some reason I still like it.

Now we get to Alexis . . . Let's face it: she was cast because she's uberpretty and naturally shy. Because she didn't know much about the busniess at first, she did exactly what she was supposed to: fade into the part. She just tried to react to stuff as Rory might have, and it certainly helped that Alexis was already fairly Rory-esque as she was young and probably intimidated by all the good actors around her. However, the older she got the more confident she got in making her own acting "choices" . . . and some of those are horribly bad. I can almost NEVER believe the chemistry between her and any of her male co-stars . . . except Milo . . . but that's because it turned out that one was for real . . . so, again, not good "acting" per se, just natural chemestry between two real people who actually were attracted to each other.

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
a-girl-obbsessed
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2007, 02:13:49 pm »

i like rory now but
SOMETIMES DONT U FIND SHE PUTS ON THIS LITTLE CUTE BABY VOICE
then speaks normal
THEN TURNS IT ON AGAIN
it does drive me mad...  Angry
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2007, 02:18:48 pm »

i like rory now but
SOMETIMES DONT U FIND SHE PUTS ON THIS LITTLE CUTE BABY VOICE
then speaks normal
THEN TURNS IT ON AGAIN
it does drive me mad...  Angry

I don't think she does it on purpose, I actually find it cute so either way, I don't mind her doing it, whether its on purpose or by accident Grin

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Melissa
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

Look its my LUKE DANES mnm!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2007, 07:44:56 pm »

Vanessa

She just annoys me to no end and plus "April" is just about the worst addition to a show I have ever seen

I will forever love Luke Danes....

euphoria
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2007, 07:21:03 am »

I think that each character has their strengths and their weaknesses ... It all depends on the scene that they are doing, and who they are working with ..

I personally can not pin-point whom I believe is the worst.

I agree with the board with Alexis, but you have to remember that she was very young when she first started the show. I think that your talent gets better with age.
window lej
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2007, 01:00:23 pm »

Personally, Michel Winters. He just doesn't capture it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  

Jump to: