GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 27, 2022, 11:50:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is the worst actor?  (Read 71655 times)
harvestmoon52
Diner Chef

Community Points: 89

So I'm back. What of it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2006, 02:31:29 pm »

If only I had my old amount of posts back, I would have loved to snark you both.
Unfortunately, you don't, and I am so glad you don't. That is downright mean and you deserved that snark. Censor

I made this. If you'd like me to make a sig, I'd be happy to do so.
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2006, 02:54:26 pm »

I gave examples, as should everyone else, if people are going to get offended and find me 'vicous' for asking for an example (As you Celia, did) then they shouldn't be posting their opionn on a public forum, where there will be people asking them to substantiate, and also people disagreeing with them.

I agree that this is an incredibly childish waste of your time, and mine. And, like the posters before me, I will not sink to your level by making personal attacks on you for your posts, although there are certainly a good few in my mind.

And Amber, please don't listen to her, you do a great job, it is not your fault that people are unable to discuss something, without getting heated when asked to back up their opinon, or when other's don't jump into agreement with them, because they are aware of differences in t he subject.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
1orelai
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 22

I am here for you and your sexy beard Taylor

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2006, 02:56:54 pm »

And Amber, please don't listen to her, you do a great job.

Thank you Kate and Aubrey.  It makes me feel a lot better that you dont think I am a bad thread-runner.

Co-Creator of the Middies

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2006, 02:58:18 pm »

You're welcome, it's the truth, you know me, honest to a fault Smiley
You don't deserve to have someone crabby at you, just cuz people didn't agree, you're doing a great job Cheesy

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
CeliaGilmore
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2006, 04:35:34 pm »

This is my last post, I promise.  You are right, it is slightly childish of me to do what I'm doing, but I just wanted to know how you justify attacking me when I ask for examples, then later asking for examples and getting offended when people attack you back.  When I pressed for examples you (1orelai) asked me to leave and start my own discussion thread, and told me that I couldn't change the rules.  When Lovefiend pressed for examples, she not only got your full support, you also said it is perfectly fair to ask for examples.  I am sorry for being rude and immature, but it just annoyed me.
gilmore_fan_4life
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 144

I will Miss Gilmore Girls!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2006, 04:35:56 pm »

1orlelai you are a great thread runner.
CelaiGilmore is just childish,mean,and rude.
Snark for her

^Siggie and avatar by me
GG Forum
http://ggfan4life.proboards60.com/index.cgi
harvestmoon52
Diner Chef

So I'm back. What of it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2006, 05:33:08 pm »

This has been an experience for all. As I told you before, Amber, you run a kick-ass thread Wink

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2006, 05:35:04 pm »

It sure has been.
Rock on people!

MiniPink
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2006, 05:45:58 pm »

how can someone with over 3000 posts be a bad thread-runner?
don't judge 1orelai by 1 thread. you should see what she does with others. you would know if you stopped by more often
*sorry if it sounds rude, i don't mean for it to sound that way...i say what i feel*

back to the reason for this thread. who is the worst actor?
i'd have to say in the beginning it was alexis. i know this is her 1st acting gig but i feel as if she didn't put enough emotion into her acting. it seemed a bit dry to me. i don't feel that way anymore, alexis has blossomed into a talented starlet and i love her. now i feel like it is scott since the whole april thing. i'm sure he was in shock over the whole thing but it seemed like he approached the situation like o, i have a kid instead of oh my gosh i have a kid!!!! scott's acting also seemed kind of forced in some parts. i don't know, maybe i'm wrong so correct me, but that's what i think.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2006, 06:03:22 pm »

For I second I thought you'd typed Tartlet, and was like what??

That's a very interesting obsevation about Scott, the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to agree. I think with regards to everything else, he's pretty good, but with April he does seem relativley blase'. I guess it's easy to pretend you're in love with Lauren Graham huh, but I guess its harder to pretend you have a daughter.  I wonder if it was a directorial thing, or an acting thing. Like, maybe he had been directed that way? Maybe I just don't want to admit my pretty pretty Scott isnt' that good, lol.

Thanks for bringing your observations to the thread!

MiniPink
harvestmoon52
Diner Chef

So I'm back. What of it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2006, 06:06:40 pm »

how can someone with over 3000 posts be a bad thread-runner?

*sorry if it sounds rude, i don't mean for it to sound that way...i say what i feel*

Don't worry, it wasn't rude. She is a wonderful person. She has done so much for the forum and all of the people here. Amber, you rock my socks, baby Wink

roxygal7
Town Resident

Community Points: 18

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2006, 06:07:00 pm »

good call for getting back to the discussion, we shouldnt validate someones rude remarks by talking about it for a whole page. Especially since she just stops by, it has no credibility. 1orelai has always been helpful, and I hope we dont close this thread, hoping we get some GOOD conversation going!

Lorelai: "I'm exhausted, the phones far. Make it short and sweet!"

Im an official Middy!
roxygal7
Town Resident

Community Points: 18

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2006, 06:09:55 pm »

now i feel like it is scott since the whole april thing. i'm sure he was in shock over the whole thing but it seemed like he approached the situation like o, i have a kid instead of oh my gosh i have a kid!!!! scott's acting also seemed kind of forced in some parts. i don't know, maybe i'm wrong so correct me, but that's what i think.

I too am inclined to agree. It doesnt seem like a natural reaction to the fact that he is a father. It may have taken him by surprise but teven then you think hed have some realization, like oh my freaking gosh Im a parent. Hopefully we'll see some emotion and less bland acting with all that happened in the season finale!

Lorelai: "I'm exhausted, the phones far. Make it short and sweet!"

Im an official Middy!
nola
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2006, 08:19:03 pm »

I don't know if this is where to post since this is my first post (HI EVERYONE!)...but i agree with most of the above statements ---- mostly the ones about Alexis and Zach (don't know his real name) ---- I really felt that AB was out of character in the scene (don't know what ep.) where logan is in bed and she is walking around freaking out about Mitchum's review ---- where she is flailing around and uses the term "strappadoed"(spelling??). I just felt like it was someone reading straight from a script....any thoughts on that one???

Also, I read somewhere that she sleeps between her scenes and just gets up and delivers when it's time to shoot (sorry I don't remember where that was --- probably somewhere on fanforum) --- do you guys think this might affect her acting or delivery? I've never been on camera or professionally on a set as an actor so I have no clue....just been wondering for a while.

if this doens't belong here ---- very sorry ---- please just point me to the right forum

Thanks!
1orelai
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 22

I am here for you and your sexy beard Taylor

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2006, 08:22:05 pm »

Nola~this post is a perfect examle of what I am talking about with Alexis. and wow I didn know that about the sleeping part.  I could certainly see it affecting her delivery.  especially for a new actor it takes time to get into character.  I dont think you can just pop out of bed an be in character right away

And your post totally belongs here.  I am so glad that you shared this with us

Welcome to the forum

Co-Creator of the Middies

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: