GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 27, 2022, 10:16:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is the worst actor?  (Read 71672 times)
1orelai
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 22

I am here for you and your sexy beard Taylor

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2006, 01:43:40 pm »

Here is the cousin to this thread
http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=1139.0

I wont clue you guys in on who I think  is the worst just yet becuase I am a little ashamed of who it is

Edit:  Please not below that my posts are coming one right after another because a member's account has been deleted, thus the posts have been deleted.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 04:32:01 pm by 1orelai » Logged

Co-Creator of the Middies

CeliaGilmore
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 08:09:19 pm »

Since nobody is posting, I'd have to say the worst is Scott Patterson.  His acting seems kind of inconsistint and kind of... I don't now how to word it, but sort of choppy.
Kristian
Town Resident

Community Points: 27

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:04:26 am »

Alexis has come a very long way over the past 6 or so years, just go back and look at the early season one episodes, I think the worst actors are the ones that are well known people that guest star, Norman Mailer was terrible and wooden.

Ankha133
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

GiLMORE GiRLS LUVER LiVE LONG & STAY STRONG!<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 07:46:18 am »

TO me I think the worst one was Zach he didnt have a big part but he still wasnt that good I think Lauren and Alexis r the best though!!

IM ME ATT NiiCoLexBabiix3 & xOhSHiZx3! I LOVE HiM & HE JUST DOESNT KNOW IT</3
meg-pie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 06:22:46 pm »

Wow you talk about GG in school that's so fun.  Actually once my history teacher mentioned something about how fast they talk oin Gilmore Girls and I got really excited!!

Rosie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 09:04:14 pm »

I agree about Alexis starting out pretty rough (ie bad) but y the third season she was much better (well in the fourth season she still had trouble with laughing and crying, that annoyed me. now she's fine at both) and now at the end of the sixth season i think she's one of the best on the show.
What are some examples of times she's come out of character?

also, i think scott patterson can be pretty bad sometimes. in the past two seasons i think he's come really out of character (also that's partly the writing and the storyline). scott was good at playing the grumpy diner monosyllabic guy and now that he has a bigger more emotional part he's faltering. Especially when he's put into big scenes with lauren graham (who is an amazing actress!) you can see that he has trouble. The one scene that i really saw it was in the season six finale when they're out in the street and lorelai is giving the ultimatum. Lauren was so great (totally had me in tears). I thought Scott could have brought much more to that scene.

Also, has anyone noticed how sometimes Yanic Trusdale's (is that his last name? did i spell it right?) accent sometimes gets really ridiculous? and it fluctuates - sometimes really strong, sometimes not that noticeable. don't get me wrong, though, i think he's a fabulous actor.

Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 05:15:41 pm »

Alexis has come a very long way over the past 6 or so years, just go back and look at the early season one episodes, I think the worst actors are the ones that are well known people that guest star, Norman Mailer was terrible and wooden.

But I don't see how Norman Mailer can be considered the worst actor since he's not an actor.

About Alexis, yeah, I don't like her acting so much. But she has improved a lot. Also the actor that plays Dean (Jared Paladesky) is not my faourite.

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
Paul Anka
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 05:56:49 pm »

I agree about Alexis starting out pretty rough (ie bad) but y the third season she was much better (well in the fourth season she still had trouble with laughing and crying, that annoyed me. now she's fine at both) and now at the end of the sixth season i think she's one of the best on the show.
What are some examples of times she's come out of character?

also, i think scott patterson can be pretty bad sometimes. in the past two seasons i think he's come really out of character (also that's partly the writing and the storyline). scott was good at playing the grumpy diner monosyllabic guy and now that he has a bigger more emotional part he's faltering. Especially when he's put into big scenes with lauren graham (who is an amazing actress!) you can see that he has trouble. The one scene that i really saw it was in the season six finale when they're out in the street and lorelai is giving the ultimatum. Lauren was so great (totally had me in tears). I thought Scott could have brought much more to that scene.

Also, has anyone noticed how sometimes Yanic Trusdale's (is that his last name? did i spell it right?) accent sometimes gets really ridiculous? and it fluctuates - sometimes really strong, sometimes not that noticeable. don't get me wrong, though, i think he's a fabulous actor.
I completely agree with you. Yanic's accent drove me crazy with his bad accent. But that made me understand his character even more because he is supposed to be a very annoying and driving-you-up-the-walls kind of guy.

And I have to agree with everyone who said that Alexis wasn't the greatest actress when she started out. I read somewhere that her parents had her try acting to get over her shyness. Of course they did this when she was much younger but I understand (I get shy sometimes also) how she could've felt. But now she seems much more out-going.

It's actually made by me! Fancy that! Nusha's the name btw.
Just had me birthday!
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 04:00:06 pm »

There isn't one person who is the worst really. It just seems like sometimes the cemestry doesn't work well between a couple or a scene that is supposed to be emotional for a character doesn't live up to the fullness of its potential.

With Jared and Alexis it seemed like he was just cast because he's cute. The cemestry between them was werid and akward when their characters were together.

Some of the good actors are Lauren, Scott, Lisa, and Yanic

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

Logan101
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 06:04:35 pm »

I think Alexis is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!actor I have ever seen !!! I think Marty is the worst he is really nice and all but he doesnt seem to get into the show as much as the others.
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 06:07:28 pm »

I Actually have to disagree. To me it seems like in the begining, Alexis was much better, because she didn't try to 'act'. She just became the character, she didn't think, she just played up the sides of herself that were the character. As Lauren said "She captured the essence of the character". Nowadays she tried too hard to 'act' she pretends, which isn't what good acting is. Good acting is truth, it's becoming that person, and puttnig yourself in the situation and reacting as the cahracter would. It's not just reading lines and putting emphasis on the right words, which is what Alexis does nowadays, leaving her performance contrived, fake and flat.

A lot of the people mentioned (Zach, Marty etc) It's not that they can't act, it's that their characters are different, and less dramatic and emotional, so them play them correctly, for all we know, in real life the guy who plays Zach could be an over the top, well spoken man.
There's a difference between a good actor, and a dramatic part.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
flex151
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 255

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 01:31:48 am »

Yeah, I think Alexis was more genuine as Rory in the first couple of seasons. Now her acting seems forced, and in certain scenes in season 6 it looked as if she was spacing out. But I agree that she has gotten better at emotional scenes where she has to cry. She sucked at those the first few seasons. She was also terrible in drunk scenes. In Girls In Bikinis, Boys Doin' The Twist (season 4) I cringed when she was trying to act drunk. In To Live and Let Diorama (season 5) she did a much better job, it just seemed more natural. But I have to say, out of all the major protagonists on the show, she is still the worst. I have seen weakness in Scott Patterson, but he has never taken me out of the scene. It always seems like he is the character. As some of you have mentioned, Alexis goes out of character a lot, and that just takes me out of the scene completely. It reminds me that I'm watching a tv show, instead of it feeling like I have a secret view into this special town, as it usually does.

*Kate's Stalker*

What the snap, crackle, and pop is going on?!
Stars-n-Moons
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 03:22:47 pm »

Yeah, I think Alexis was more genuine as Rory in the first couple of seasons. Now her acting seems forced,

^I agree, but I still love her!

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 01:52:44 pm »

I can understand your points on Alexis, especially in terms of emotional and crying scenes.  She has improved tons and we have to realize this was really her first acting job.  I think she is beliveable and I haven't caught her going out of character much before - now I'll have my eyes tuned to it.

I don't like the acting of Jared P. (Dean) which is probably part of the reason that I wasn't that fond of him.  His acting and character were so 2 dimensional, now it's hard to seperate acting from the part - yet in the little bit of supernatural, I honestly think I can say it wasn't just the part.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
miloismine
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 02:30:15 pm »

I think Lane Kim is the worst (is her real name Kiko or something?)

she overacts sometimes  Trash Trash Trash Trash Two Cents

Milo <3
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: