GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 26, 2022, 10:11:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What was your least favorite Gilmore Girls season?
1 - 3 (7.7%)
2 - 4 (10.3%)
3 - 3 (7.7%)
4 - 4 (10.3%)
5 - 4 (10.3%)
6 - 21 (53.8%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What was your least favorite season?  (Read 12802 times)
hyper_squirrel
« on: July 31, 2006, 06:08:58 pm »

I hated season six, like most of you. Too much drama, too little humor. Season five comes in second for the same reason.
invisibleasm
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

~Fuzzy certs taste like keys!~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:05:14 pm »

season six because nothing i wanted to happen came true Sad the flow of the show was lost!

zsuszi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 08:54:59 am »

Season 6 . since Logan is in the picture the whole show is like a Latin american soap about the life of the rich and beautiful. Well the whole show had the sensation before that you need money and money to get into the top school - without that you have no chance to get into a good high school or a good uni. Depressing,  I really hope it does not work like that in reality  over there...But now it is getting ridiculous. Rory became the rich girl who  has a rich boyfriend a rich father rich grandparents who will buy a building for her and who achieves whatever she starts BUT does not read any more and does not show much academic activity...  I cannot relate to this girl .  Embarrassed. Also the April story line was a mess I lost Luke as well ...  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 09:54:53 am »

season 6 definitely did not live up to season 5, the best season to me. i didn't like the changes in the characters or some of the storylines. season 6 wasn't all bad, there were a few episodes that made it better. i also didn't like season 2. it was good at the beginning and end but i wasn't crazy about the middle for some reason. it was boring and nothing exciting really happened. hopefully season 7 won't fall victim to season 6's disappointment.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Kristian
Town Resident

Community Points: 27

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:57:01 am »

oh, thats just great guys, Im yet to se an ep from seasion six, I cant wait now Tongue

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 10:02:15 am »

awww sorry about that  Kristian Embarrassed    you'll get through it if you don't have high hopes lol. like i said, its not totally awful. it's probably half good/half bad. that's all i'm going to say because i don't want to ruin anything else for you  Smiley

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
1orelai
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 22

I am here for you and your sexy beard Taylor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 01:22:33 pm »

I will have to agree that I hate six the most, but I still have the box set on reserve at amazon.  My favorite season is five.  I can watch that box set over and over again.

Co-Creator of the Middies

Lis
Town Resident

Community Points: 45

lily

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 07:55:20 pm »

no doubt about it....season 6 was the worst.

Java Junkie - Noddie - Foodie - Spoiled
Littlegreen
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 08:23:55 pm »

I thought that season fouur was lacking in larger plot lines and was only humor no story

hyper_squirrel
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 05:16:48 pm »

Bump!
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 07:27:52 pm »

Since I don't ship Lorelai and Luke, I can't say that had any influence on me.  I liked a lot of season 6.  The rift between Lorelai and Rory was badly written and I wish they had spent more time together, but I liked watching Rory and Logan.   And, I've always seen Gilmore Girls as a light drama.  I've never seen the show as a comedy.  Which is probably why my least favorite season is a toss up between 3 and 4 where it did seem like they were going too far into the comedy route.  I can't pick just one because even those seasons had some really good episodes.  But, I think by and large, those seasons were the most forgettable to me.  Which makes them the worse.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Yesterdays_girl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 06:51:19 pm »

Like every other single person on here..I hated the 6th season. You all know why. My favorite seasons are 1,2  and 3. I can't pick a fave season. hehe..
Rhiannon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 02:20:28 am »

Season Six, for certain, for so many of the same reasons listed here and analyzed elswhere. At the last minute, I canceled my pre-ordered DVD. It gives me a sense of incompletion, but I do not want to watch those episodes again. Especially after the April gimmick...Truly sad...
If the show recovers, brings back the intelligence and unique individuality of the characters, I may buy it someday just to watch the entire series in order. Dare I hope?
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 01:26:05 pm »

season 3. I HATED JESS!!!! Angry

gilmore for life
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 04:50:15 pm »

i love them all
Pages: [1] 2
  Print