GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 03:23:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.07 - Kiss and Tell  (Read 71273 times)
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2007, 01:32:00 pm »

i am convinced that the reason rory didn't tell lorelai about the kiss right off the bat was because up to this point, rory doesn't seem to have had any experience with boys. based on the way she reacts to the kiss when she relates it to lane, the fact that she said "thank you" when he kissed her, and the fact that we know that this is her first kiss, this is like uncharted terrirory for rory and she's not sure how to respond to it herself, much less how her mother will respond. granted, they are more like sisters, but i still believe this is why she didn't automatically run and tell lorelai.
   lorelai's hurt feelings over not being told are completely understandable. she is used to rory being an open book for her, and not being told about the kiss kind of catches her off guard.
   the part where mrs. kim hears rory saying "oh my God, he kissed me" and asks who kissed her and lane replies with "The Lord, Mama" is hilarious. That shows that lane is used to living with the strictness of her mother and thinks quickly on her feet to cover up her "worldliness."

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2008, 05:16:36 pm »

well,That was a suprise.  Flame

GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 225

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2008, 08:11:23 pm »

i am convinced that the reason rory didn't tell lorelai about the kiss right off the bat was because up to this point, rory doesn't seem to have had any experience with boys. based on the way she reacts to the kiss when she relates it to lane, the fact that she said "thank you" when he kissed her, and the fact that we know that this is her first kiss, this is like uncharted terrirory for rory and she's not sure how to respond to it herself, much less how her mother will respond. granted, they are more like sisters, but i still believe this is why she didn't automatically run and tell lorelai.
   lorelai's hurt feelings over not being told are completely understandable. she is used to rory being an open book for her, and not being told about the kiss kind of catches her off guard.
   the part where mrs. kim hears rory saying "oh my God, he kissed me" and asks who kissed her and lane replies with "The Lord, Mama" is hilarious. That shows that lane is used to living with the strictness of her mother and thinks quickly on her feet to cover up her "worldliness."

agree. [:

haven't been here in a while. updating my stuff and have nothing to put here.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2008, 10:59:02 pm »

This was a good one.  Rory, getting her first kiss but freaking out what her mom would think.  Then Dean gets invited by Lorelai to watch Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.

It's got some good one-liners and... Lorelai, not wearing underwear... I bet Luke would've enjoyed that.  Oh wait, he sees her without her underwear nowadays, just as long as Rory and April aren't in the Crap Shack.
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2008, 06:24:47 pm »

"i got kissed and i shoplifted!!!" LOL!!! Cheesy Grin Star

AzurePlatina
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2008, 02:34:50 pm »

Rory: Oh my God, He kissed me.

Mrs. Kim: Who kissed you?

Lane: The Lord, Mama.

Mrs. Kim: Oh, OK then

Agreed.  Has me in stitches every time.

One of my favorite first season episodes.  The way the first kiss happened was adorable and then her running off to tell Lane was very teenage-like.  Then her being all nervous around Dean during the movie marathon was cute.  It was cool when Dean also made that speech to Lorelai.  This episode is full of cute.  To quote (I know I know) Tristan, "To be young and in love."  The one decent thing the sucker said. 
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2009, 09:01:14 pm »

Dean and Rory are so cute together, nice episode.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: