GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 03:26:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.07 - Kiss and Tell  (Read 71274 times)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2007, 12:38:30 pm »

Dean's Boogie Nights suggestion came before Lorelai gave him "the talk". But i did not sense that he was joking. Maybe it's the "cool mom" angle. Or maybe he genuinely liked the movie. Or maybe he heard gossip that Lorelai walks around town without underwear and he had the wrong idea about her tastes. Or maybe ASP wanted to take a shot at the director who made that movie as well as Magnolia, the one that Rory said Lorelai hated.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2007, 12:50:01 pm »

I thought the idea that Lorelai would reject Boogie Nights a little surprising. I mean, she likes Valley of the Dolls and comparing Judy Garland movies by dosage, maybe it's because Boogie Nights is the existential breakdown of a boy instead of a girl. Or because it stinks, whatever.

Ah, but I remember Rory's brief experiment in referring to her mom by her first name. Good times, good times.

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2007, 01:43:37 pm »

I'll go with it was ASP just wanting to mock the director. The suggestion and the shooting down of it was just handled too casually for me to think it was anything significant. 

And, it's quite possible that Lorelai just thinks the director makes bad movies.  Not anything to do with the subject matter.  At least from Rory's telling (we never did get to hear Lorelai herself shoot the movie down) she could very well have gotten it into her head that any movie made by that director would be two hours of her life she'd never get back.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2007, 02:19:49 pm »

Or maybe it's something simpler.

"Hey, Mom, me and some friends are going out to see a movie."
"Wait, what's the rating?"
"R, but don't worry, it's for violence, not sex."
"Okay, then."

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2007, 07:53:36 pm »

I love the opening scene of this episode.  It’s funny and insightful.  It gives us an indication from the word go that Rory is often toeing the adult line way ahead of Lorelai.  And then it continues into the diner when in order to get a little service Rory declares “hey, my mum’s not wearing any underwear” lol.  You think it goes largely unnoticed until after serving themselves and leaving you realise this is not the case..

LUKE:(to Lorelai, who is leaving) No tip?
LORELAI: Oh, yeah, here's a tip -- serve your customers.
LUKE: Here's another -- don't sit on any cold benches. 

I love how this episode also has more Luke in it.  We get to see grumpy Luke trying his hardest to resist all the badgering from townsfolk about participating in the festival of the day.  And the interaction between Lorelai and him is just very natural and cute.  You can tell they know each other very well.  And then when she’s stalking Dean in the market, he again engages in a conversation that just shows so much chemistry and understanding between them.  And as he talks her down from the ledge of wanting to “kill the bag boy”, and their conversation continues into the street, you get the feeling he just knows her so well, and can anticipate her reactions.  I love how these early episodes just make it very easy to see the bond between them.  It reeled me in hook line and sinker.  I particularly like this part

LUKE: So you passed the need for an actual person to talk to several minutes ago.
LORELAI: Oh, yeah. Before the gelato stand.
LUKE: You're an amazing woman.
LOREALI: Thank you for noticing.

Of course the whole Rory and Dean story arc was great in this episode also.  I love the way Rory says “Thank you” when Dean kissed her.  It was brilliant and then the way she announces to Lane that she “got kissed……and I shop lifted”  Too funny!  Of course what I find a lot more exciting is how Dean kind of puts Rory at ease by reciprocating with a thank you when they kiss at the end.  It was cute and kind of half between putting her at ease and teasing her a little.

But I have to say my fave line of this episode is also the one that Jim mentioned in his first post…

MRS. KIM: Yes she is. She came in here and told Lane she kissed a boy in the grocery store. The grocery store! Where we buy our food.   Grin

Please read Forum Rules
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2007, 08:14:19 pm »

We get to see grumpy Luke trying his hardest to resist all the badgering from townsfolk about participating in the festival of the day...
In the earlier episodes Miss Patty seemed to be in charge of town affairs, but by now we see Taylor in all his, ahem, glory, with a classic battle against his arch-nemesis Luke. And it is nice to see that Miss Patty understands that Taylor is a bit, ahem, off.

LUKE: You realize Taylor's a head case, right?
MISS PATTY: Yes, but at least he's a festive one.

...  Of course what I find a lot more exciting is how Dean kind of puts Rory at ease by reciprocating with a thank you when they kiss at the end.  It was cute and kind of half between putting her at ease and teasing her a little.
The dude had it working on all cylinders in the early days! He could not have handled that moment any better.

MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2007, 08:53:22 am »

I just thought of something else. I wish there was a grocery store near me that gave away free sodas!  Cheesy

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2007, 09:01:07 am »

I just thought of something else. I wish there was a grocery store near me that gave away free sodas!  Cheesy

Hmmm.... would you also want a free kiss with each soda? Certain customers receive those as well. So long as the owner of Dossey's Market does not give out the kisses, it seems to go over pretty well.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 09:14:24 am by bingbong » Logged

MissV327
Inn Owner

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2007, 11:20:11 am »

Ewwww.....Taylor kisses!  Tongue Help me, now I can't get that image out of my head!  Cheesy

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
iloveggirls
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

Just looking for something to shut you up

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2007, 03:21:26 pm »

lol neither can I Cheesy

thanks amber!

I'm Nina_ grey's and gilmore lover_ java junkie~literati~noodie
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2007, 04:26:35 pm »

Hmmm.... would you also want a free kiss with each soda? Certain customers receive those as well. So long as the owner of Dossey's Market does not give out the kisses, it seems to go over pretty well.

It's a good thing Kirk "the Jerk" wasn't working that shift, otherwise, he'd have a thing or two to say about those free sodas! Even if it was a co-worker given them away. Probably even more of a no-no! Tongue

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
MissV327
Inn Owner

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2007, 11:30:57 am »

Watching this episode makes me think of all the foods that have cornstarch in them. I like the line Rory says , " I have very important thickening needs."  Cheesy

The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2007, 12:03:03 pm »

Thin cover for a Gilmore Girl! Unless there's a parade coming up and Lorelai is responsible for the papier mache on the homecoming float.

I guess a free soda and a free kiss from Taylor are like the yin/yang of tasting day. Cheesy

Kaish15
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2007, 05:50:56 pm »

Something I have always noticed about this episode is Rory goes to the downstairs bathroom, but in other episodes it is the closet. Just makes me wonder. Is the bathroom in the closet or something. Drives me crazy trying to figure it out. Sorry, I wasn't able to post earlier classes started a week ago and I find myself extremely busy during the weekdays and by this time most of what I would say, has been said. Hopefully, I'll do better in the future, I know I will once Logan comes, and most likely will when Jess first comes.

Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2007, 02:54:35 am »

^^I think she went out of the kitchen right, that was the bathroom, and left was a closet. I think. But I'm not sure.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: