GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 02, 2022, 02:25:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.03 - Kill Me Now  (Read 67581 times)
~*emily*~
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 12:27:13 pm »

i think luke was a bit more of a environmental guy in the beggining cuz befor he was talking about their health, and he didn't think it was funny that rory knowingly went top a golf course that used green dye on the grass.

there are these two girls i can't tell apart. i think i'll take a leaf out of michel's book and stick a post-it on one. lol. the twin thing was a little weird.

i felt sorry for the little girl in the dress. i think that was what lorelsai's childhood was like.

i liked the song at the end! does anyone know what song that was? "here they go, one by one, here they go..." you  know?
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 04:40:34 pm »

The end song is by Sam Phillips. I got hooked on her because of this show.  I think it's called "Here They Go" and it might have been written just for the show.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
clarinet_chick
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 04:58:11 pm »

I love thins episode!!! i think the bra-size secne is soooo funny but i think my fav is when Sookie was like "what if one of the twins went into the wrong room and seen there sister-in-law and had sex with her would that be cheating" I think that is soooooo funny!!!!!! Do you think it's cheating?Huh?
Stars-n-Moons
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 08:34:15 pm »

This is a cute eppy.  I love the twin thing is so funny!  I really like how Rory and Richard bond.  They both have a great time.  The hat (actually her entire outfit) is horrible.

Did anyone notice the blooper? In the beginning of the eppy, Richard talks about is mother, Lorelai, in the past tense as if she is dead, however we do meet her in later eposides.

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
f1lmjunkie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

http://www.youtube.com/f1lmjunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 03:16:10 am »

Last night I watched the third episode which wasn't as good as the first two- but that's okay, it was still funny. It's interesting to see how Lorelai's character has many flaws, one of them being the failed relationship she has with her parents. The relationship Rory has with Lorelai's parents is the antithesis of that and it's interesting to watch.

hmk1819
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 06:34:28 pm »

hey guys, this actually is for school.
but i had to get it online somehow and this was the only forum i could think of
i hope none of you mind
i tried not to post it on a thread people talk on a lot and considering last post on this one was lastyear i thought it would be ok
thank u guys

Francisco De Zurbaran was a very famous, Spanish painter.  He was mainly known for his religious paintings which show martyrs, nuns, monks, and still life.  One of his very famous paintings, The Annunciation, is a perfect example of his work as it depicts many religious ideas.  Francisco de Zurbaran painted the Annunciation during 1638 and 1639.  It is oil on canvas painting.  In this painting, a woman is seen at the left kneeling before the Virgin Mary.  Mary is sitting between a chair and a table peacefully in the picture. She is not paying attention to the open Bible on the table.  She is just staring on the floor. Above these two women, there are angels floating on clouds.  They are happily looking at Mary from heaven.  It is obvious that this Zurbaran wanted this painting to have a pleasing look.  He achieved this pleasing look by mainly using the elements of color and light.  That is one of the main reasons why this painting stood out to me above the other painting and why I chose to write on this.  There is a lot of light in this picture.  All of the important things in the picture have light on them. Light gives emphasis to the fair skin of the Angel and Mary as they both look down towards a shadowy floor.  There is also light on the open Bible on the table that shows the holiness of Mary. The rest of the room is very dull and dark.  What I also found really interesting about this painting is how Zurbaran used colors as symbols in this painting.  He chose the color red for Maryís shirt which suggests that she is the main character of the painting.  Clearly, the Annunciation is a very interesting painting that is full of many elements.
   As I have mentioned before, Francisco de Zurbaran was very fascinated with creating paintings with still life.  This would lead to discussing his next piece of work which is called Still Life with Lemons, Oranges and a Rose.  Zurbaran created this painting in 1633.  It is also oil on canvas painting.  This painting, like many of his other still life ones, reflects simplicity and plainness.  Lemons are often used in painting because of their shape and color, Zurbaran chose them to symbolize the celebration of an altar because lemons are not everyday fruits.  Once again, Zurbaran chose to symbolize religion into his painting.  Also, through these still life objects, Zurbaran intended to portray the transience of human beings.  I found this painting very interesting because I noticed how the background of the painting was completely black and the all three still life objects were bright colors.  Once again, importance was brought to the main objects through color.  I also love how Zurbaran made the rose fully blossom.  It makes the generally dark painting look more positive.  All in all, I found Zurbaranís painting, Still Life with Lemons, Oranges, and a Rose to be very captivating.
   Last but surely not least, one of the most famous pieces of work created by Francisco de Zurbaran is a portrait by the name of Portrait of Fray Diego Deza.  Zurbaran painted this in 1630.  It is also an oil on canvas painting.  In the portrait, Fray Diego is seated of three quarters towards the front and his glance is straight towards the spectator.  He has sort of a stern look on his face.  One thing that I loved about this portrait was Zurbaranís use of color.  He only used three colors throughout the whole painting.  He used black and white for the figure of Fray Diego Deza and red for everything else in the background.  This choice of coloring clearly explains Zurbaran wanted all of the attention to go to Fray Diego Deza.  Zurbaranís fascination with Fray Diego is no surprise considering Fray Diego was a very religious man.  Diego Deza was Archbishop of Seville, Grand Inquisitor of the Faith and Confessor at the Court of Ferdinand and Isabella. Around1630, the college especially requested Zurbaran to paint several religious works and two portraits of Diego Deza.  Another reason I chose to discuss this piece of work is because I am very fascinated with Fray Diego Deza myself.  I have learned about him before and found him to be a great religious leader.   Truly, Francisco de Zurbaran was a fantastic painter of his time and is still remembered as one of the greatest.

LITERATI FOR LIFE

brucas love
#1DeanLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 24

I love Dean, and I am insane!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 05:17:38 pm »

I love the twins, they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool.

Sookie, so if she sleeps with her sisters husband, is that really cheating?
Lorelai, I don't know.

~#1DeanLover
Jess Fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 08:22:51 pm »

I don't like this episode because I hate the fact that Lorelai's mad that Rory had a good time at the country club with her grandfather. She has no right to be mad. Even though Lorelai cut out the relationship between her parents and she doesn't maean Rory has to since she likes spending time with her grandparents. I mean, Loreelai has to realize that and not take it out on Rory. I do like the part where Rory is walking along the path outside off the golfing area and tells her grandfather she wants to goes to Fez someday. It gives me a chance to look at a side of Rory that I never saaw before (meaning that she like to travel and all.) I like to travel too which gives me a chance to relate to Rory somehow.
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2007, 05:48:39 am »

The twins were funny!!

I think that Lorelai was just worried about Rory getting attached to her grandparents and I know that's wierd but it's hard for Lorelai because of all of the history with her parents so it's hard for her...I don't really know how to explain it but that's just how I feel.

I love it at the wedding when Rory says thank-you to Lorelai for not dressing her in frilly dresses when she was little it was a good moment and I think that it really shows what Lorelai's childhood must have been like and why Lorelai finds it hard to have a relationship with her parents.

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
wheredidmickgo
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 06:58:26 pm »

Did anyone notice the blooper? In the beginning of the eppy, Richard talks about is mother, Lorelai, in the past tense as if she is dead, however we do meet her in later eposides.

i noticed that!  weird... there were a few inconsistencies in the first couple of episodes.  like the kirk thing, too.  lorelai refers to him as "some guy," (mick, just some worker.  i think he stops miss patty at doses once from stealing grapes because he doesn't know who she is)  and he later becomes a staple on the show and morphs into a colorful character who'd lived in stars hollow all his life.  i love catching things like that!  (hence my user name)

i love the drella scences, and the mrs. kim scenes.  they are so funny!  the development of richard and rory is my favorite, too.
the bra argument is ridiculous.  i didn't find it too funny or endearing.  lorelai was out of control!  (having to deal with my own wonderful mother who goes out of control like this sometimes might prejudice me against her freak-outs).

spunkie
java junkie
half literati/half headliner
"nice, not great?
great, not fabulous?
fabulous, not mondofabulous?"
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 04:51:20 pm »

hmm..i wonder if rory ever officially joined the golf team. it would be funny if they showed an episode with her at a golf tournament or something  Cheesy

also, i thought cinnamon was a she but here babette is calling cinnamon a he...o well

yes! i loved the twins too! so funny!

SOOKIE: That one has a post-it on its back.
MICHEL: Oh well then thatís Mark and the one on the right is Matt.

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
KLEB
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

Peace Everyone!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 06:32:40 am »

Hilarious episode! Her oufit(esspecially the pants) is awful but it was very sweet of rory and her grandfather to have bonding time! i also got the world odious from there, ever though i have no clue how to spell it!

Season 8 supporter!
Logan: Rory, you're special.
Rory: Like "stop-eating-the-paste" special?
Manga/anime lover!
Don't mess with me, i'm a vegetarian and you will meet my evil wrath of carrots!
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 09:01:43 pm »

Hilarious episode! Her oufit(esspecially the pants) is awful but it was very sweet of rory and her grandfather to have bonding time! i also got the world odious from there, ever though i have no clue how to spell it!

Its spelled just like you spelled it, odious.  Smiley

There are parts of this episode I like, the twins is just weird.  I also think the bra argument is funny. Of course, the whole thing with Lorelai and Rory sharing clothes has always bothered me, because they aren't the same size, but then in comes Paris (in another episode) and Lorelai's clothes fit her too!! And Paris DEFINITELY has a bigger chest than both of them. LOL I guess their clothes are like those jeans in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, just fit everyone no matter how they are built!

Sharon

KLEB
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

Peace Everyone!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 05:48:28 am »

wow well there is a first time for everything! I actually spelled a word correctly! and you got that right about Paris! I don't think paris ever gave those clothes back! maybe she did i forgot! though the bra size argument was funny!

Season 8 supporter!
Logan: Rory, you're special.
Rory: Like "stop-eating-the-paste" special?
Manga/anime lover!
Don't mess with me, i'm a vegetarian and you will meet my evil wrath of carrots!
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 10:00:06 pm »

Kill Me Now is a great episode. I really like that episode. It is one of my favorite episodes from season one.

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: