GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 24, 2022, 06:33:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.02 - The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton  (Read 74156 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2005, 12:57:17 pm »

Summary: Rory's (Alexis Bledel) first day at Chilton Prep begins badly when Lorelai (Lauren Graham) oversleeps and accompanies her daughter into the intimidating school wearing a t-shirt, cut-off jeans and cowboy boots, an outfit which draws disapproving stares from the other mothers and from her own mother, Emily (Kelly Bishop).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 04:06:05 pm by TheHumanCoffeePot » Logged

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
The Gilmore Guy
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 03:16:02 am »

Funny how Kirk is called Nick in this episode.  Grin
Beth
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

sunshine014 back in action!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 04:48:07 pm »

I know! As the DSL-guy, right? You think maybe he wasn't originally cast, and then they loved him so much they changed his name to the more-memorable Kirk?

Do you think my hair looks cool? 'Cause, you know, some days I wake up and I'm like, cool. Some days I'm like, could be cooler. Like today I got up and I was like, left side cool, right side not so cool.
~~~
Fox Force Five #4
chadwicked
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 04:53:16 pm »

i love the nailpolish scene
seacloud49
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 12:39:44 pm »

Funny how Kirk is called Nick in this episode.  Grin

Is it Nick? I always thought it was Mick...Ah well, doesn't really matter. Isn't there an episode where he works at the market and tells Miss Patty she can no longer eat stuff without paying for it? I think he introduces himself with another name there as well. Cheesy

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -- E.M. Forster
The Gilmore Guy
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 11:19:12 am »

Is it Nick? I always thought it was Mick...Ah well, doesn't really matter. Isn't there an episode where he works at the market and tells Miss Patty she can no longer eat stuff without paying for it? I think he introduces himself with another name there as well. Cheesy

In the particular scene, Kirk acted like he didn't know who Miss Patty was. But in season 6, he performed at her little gala, doing the same weird dance routine he did when he attented Miss Patty school as a kid.  Wink

Still an awesome episode.
Amanda
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 49

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 01:12:00 pm »

Kirk introduced himself as Mick and in Cinnamon's Wake he said his name was Kirk, but he didn't know Miss Patty.  I think that after a few episodes ASP decided that Kirk would make a good quirky towny so they changed his character.

~Amanda~
~JJ~Teacher's Pet~SA~Noddie~

Sexy-it's sexy squash

Spree!
lilsarrygrl05
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 08:23:13 pm »

I love Kirk. He is so funny. Or more so the things he does and says. He has so many jobs in the show.
Gg_fan
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 02:02:16 pm »

he has so many jobs in the show.

i know!!!!! how many does he have?Huh

i <3 gilmore girls!
Valentina
Town Resident

Community Points: 27

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 09:01:06 am »

Kirk is so funny!

I love this episode!  Smiley

I love GILMORE GIRLS
Lis
Town Resident

Community Points: 45

lily

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 09:40:21 am »

I just rewatched this episode. I was reminded how much Luke liked Lorelei from the very start; if from a distance. Even Lorelei asks Rory what she thinks of Luke. Of course, Rory says...no, you cant date Luke.  (forshadowing)

It also reminded me Emily and Lorelei are always on different planets. Lorelei does not understand Emily or vice versa.

And, Paris!  a real nightmare!

Java Junkie - Noddie - Foodie - Spoiled
deanl uver
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 03:10:47 pm »

i also thought that it was weird, seeing Sean Gunn (kirk), pplaying some1 else. Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
Lis
Town Resident

Community Points: 45

lily

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 03:23:13 am »

i also thought that it was weird, seeing Sean Gunn (kirk), pplaying some1 else. Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

Yes, someone mentioned it.  He was Mick in this episode.  It is funny that he turns into Kirk the guy of 10,000 jobs.  All part time , I guess....or he gets fired a lot?Huh?

Java Junkie - Noddie - Foodie - Spoiled
JessLuver
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 01:58:56 pm »

I totally LOVED this eppy! Tristan was so freakin HOT!!!!! Kiss You gotta love a hottie like Tristan.

"Hell-o Mary!"
tv_lindy
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

"Would you just stand still?"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2005, 07:07:19 pm »

I just rewatched this episode. I was reminded how much Luke liked Lorelei from the very start; if from a distance. Even Lorelei asks Rory what she thinks of Luke. Of course, Rory says...no, you cant date Luke.  (forshadowing)

I thought of the same thing when I saw this episode again... how patient ASP was with letting the whole LL relationship develop over time.  Yes, we all wanted them together, but holding off as long as she did made it all the better... in my humble opinion.

"When a woman gives birth to a crack baby, you do not buy her a puppy!" - Emily Gilmore

All hail the brilliant Amy Sherman-Palladino...  Don't leave us!  Come back, Amy!  Come back! 
Give Lauren Graham an Emmy!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: