Author Topic: 1.01 - Pilot  (Read 237557 times)

Offline -Giggler..

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 1
  • -- Laughing is is my hobbiie. x
    • View Profile
    • Little Mad Freak
Re: 1.01 - Pilot
« Reply #195 on: April 09, 2007, 12:06:44 pm »
^^ I love that Michel bit.. He makes me laugh.^^
  I think this will always be one of my favourites.

Offline gilmoreguy78

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 09, 2007, 12:17:52 pm »
The unaired pilot (with Alex Bornstein as Sookie and some other guy as Dean and slightly different scenes and music) can be found online as a torrent . . . That's all I can say without getting in trouble. :/

As for Daisy (the original version of Luke in the original script) . . . the show would have been so interesting with her . . . But I think AS-P recycled her into Gypsy. I think ASP was intending Daisy to be very . . . is "dykey" acceptable here? Very NOT feminine and curmudgeoned. Maybe even a full-on vegetarian dyke (which would make Daisy's Diner hillarious!

Obviously this means that Lorelai was ment to end up with Christopher in the original formula for the show.

Unless Lorelai and Daisy . . . . hahaha!
"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore

Offline calida

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 8
  • F.A.I.T.H.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2007, 03:07:23 pm »
You're so creepy. Gypsy isn't really unfeminine(?). She evens said she liked the color pink. I mean she isn't going to wear a skirt to fix people's cars now is she?

Java Junkie Part Headliner/Part Literati

Offline gilmoreguy78

• Town Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2007, 08:35:09 pm »
Um, thanks. :) I've never been called "creepy" before. I'll take it as a badge of honor. :D

But, yes, Gypsy is VERY unfeminine and obviously a lesbian. But that's not the point. The point is that I think that Gypsy is a recycled Daisy.
"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore

Offline #1DeanLover

• Diner Regular
  • Community Points: 24
  • I love Dean, and I am insane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2007, 03:29:38 pm »
I never knew that. I'll keep that in mind.

so, they make Sookie really klutzy in the beginning then she becomes like all brilliant and perfect.

What's up with that?
Sookie is cool!                                                                Sookie.                                                                                      Sookie![/color]

~#1DeanLover

Offline katie_lou

• Stars Hollow High Student
  • Community Points: 34
  • In Omnia Paratus
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2007, 05:53:24 pm »
The original Sookie was more of a caricature. They wanted to see how far they could push her character into the klutzy, bumbling but sweet best friend before she became irritating. It's not uncommon for characters to morph over the first few episodes until a balance is struck. Also making Sookie less bumbling allowed her character to become more 3 dimensional, just as Michel's insecurities were also revealed, Rory became less reclusive (and more fashionable - the moo - moo and the doc martins from the pilot  ???) etc etc

Offline gilmoreguy78

• Town Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2007, 02:50:32 pm »
And what I like best about Sookie's "morph into normalcy" is that for quite a few seasons you can STILL spot several adhesive bandages on her fingers and whatnot, even though the klutzy mishaps are never referenced. That way we 1) don't have to deal with the repetitive and annoyance of the overly broad humor of her accidents and, 2) it's still keeping in character.

Brilliant!

Alex Bornstein's version of Sookie was peculiar. Her klutziness wasn't even humorous in the least. She played Sookie so serious and deadpan that it just didn't work for the style of the show. Thank GOD Melissa ended up playing her.

Not to say I don't love Alex, cause I do. Her Drella is F***ING HILLARIOUS! And her Miss Celine is quite hysterical! (Not to mention her Ms. Swan on MadTV and Lois on Family Guy). She is just not who I would have cast for Sookie. So despeite my ASP-love . . . thank goodness ASP didn't get her way with that one. Yikes!

Offline xxLL4Everxx

• Diner Owner
  • Community Points: 289
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2007, 05:01:13 pm »
I am okay with Sookie's change. She is still in character, just less of a klutz! But, I loved this episode! It was great!

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]

Offline laaauren

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2007, 04:37:53 am »
Oh well the diff. sets are really kinda freaky but thats why the first episode was filmed in Canada and not on the WB set in Burbank.
That´s also the point why it says "Williams Hardware" because in Canada they use that shop for Lukes Diner.
So they recreated it in the Burbank WB studios.

and when we are talking about the very, very first pilot, i dont like the old dean and I am glad that we got our red-hair sookie, hehe

Offline katie_lou

• Stars Hollow High Student
  • Community Points: 34
  • In Omnia Paratus
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2007, 02:47:00 pm »
I've never seen the original, original pilot  :(. I didn't know that they re-cast Dean. Do you know the name of the actor who played Dean originally?

Offline LauraLou

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2007, 02:52:54 pm »
The different sets were so wierd for me, im so glad they changed it around.
The pilot was a good opening for the show. im going to buy the first season
to see the unaired orginal pilot. I always have favorite quotes on all the episodes
so here are ones for this one:

LORELAI: Please, Luke. Please, please, please.
LUKE: How many cups have you had this morning?
LORELAI: None.
LUKE: Plus...
LORELAI: Five, but yours is better.
LUKE: You have a problem.
LORELAI: Yes, I do.
LUKE: Junkie.
LORELAI: Angel. You've got wings, baby.

LORELAI: Oh, hi. You really like my table, don't you?
JOEY: I was just, uh. . .
LORELAI: Getting to know my daughter.
JOEY: Your. . .
RORY: Are you my new daddy?

RORY: When are you going to let your parents know that you listen to the evil rock music? You're an American teenager, for God's sake.

Offline laaauren

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2007, 01:49:17 pm »
I've never seen the original, original pilot  :(. I didn't know that they re-cast Dean. Do you know the name of the actor who played Dean originally?

I can send ya, d u have msn ??

oh and @ LauraLou- they haven´t change the set, it was just diff. because the pilot was filmed in CANADA
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 01:50:21 pm by laaauren »

Offline Imy

• Pretty Town Spinster
  • Community Points: 411
  • I'm the Literati geek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2007, 11:02:27 am »
oooh I wanna get that torrent of the un-aired pilot!!!
I wanna see who this Daisy is?!!
This episode is CLASSIC GILMORE!!! I love it!!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol

Offline gg4evr

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: 4
  • I Heart Rory
    • View Profile
    • Vote for Gilmore Girls!!
« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2007, 02:44:42 am »
Looking forward to watching the DVDs of Gilmore Girls beginning with the pilot of the show and participate in the discussions!!  I'm gonna start this weekend!!  :)

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite teavee show!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Offline bgraham34

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2007, 03:40:03 pm »
My wife and I are going to start watching from the beginning again come Tuesday night.