GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 20, 2022, 02:17:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which screencaps are most challenging to guess?
Townie pics
Pictures of Lorelai
Pictures of Rory
Pictures of Luke
Other

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 101
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess the Screencap/Image  (Read 301776 times)
MurphyFan595
Diner Chef

Community Points: 63

Oh how I wish we could go back...

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2005, 04:27:22 pm »

Welcome to the Name That Screencap Thread!

Every once in a while you'll see a picture you don't immediately recognize and wonder where it came from.  (Of course this can be due to the fact someone threw it in Photoshop, cropped away the rest of the scene and enlarged it so all you saw were their pretty, pretty faces. Cheesy)

The object of this thread is to take advantage of those moments. While I don't actually believe it can be done (let's face it, there are some pretty obsessed "Gilmore Girls" fans in this forum who can tell you exactly what episode any given color flannel shirt was worn), it might make for a pleasant summer diversion while we wait for our favorite characters to return to life in the fall.

How to do it?

• Start with a picture you don't think people will recognize.  There are two ways to get pictures to stump people with.
    • Go to a web site with "Gilmore Girls" photographs on it such as Gilmoregirls.org or Canopus' Web Site and choose a photo to stump the fandom. 

• Capture a photo from your DVD set.  This is easy to do and does not require a special video card on Windows-based PCs.  (If you need instructions on how to do this, PM me and I'll send them to you.)  It DOES require you have a DVD ROM in your computer capable of playing the DVD. 
    • Save the photo to your hard drive.  Why?  Almost every picture online is already named with the episode number in it!!!  All someone has to do is look at the photo properties to guess where it came from and that would spoil the fun. :cry:  Rename the photo something generic like "Luke001" or "1001a."  (Hint: If you upload a photo to Photobucket, you don't need to change the photo name.  Simply uncheck the "Keep original picture names" box and Photobucket will rename the photo for you!)

• Register with a free photo service online that allows unrestricted viewing to your photo area (such as Photobucket).  Once you have registered for free storage space, upload your photo to the internet.  I recommend Photobucket because once you've uploaded the file, it will give you the address of the photo complete with BBCode so all you have to do is copy and paste it. 

• Put your photo in the thread by using the tags in the body of the post.  (Please, no spaces between the IMG tags and the URL of the image.)

• It's a good idea to write down the number you gave the photo and what episode it was from on a piece of paper just in case it takes people a while to figure out where it came from.
    • If you're really graphics saavy, feel free to drop your photo into a graphics program and crop the picture to make it more difficult to figure out where it came from.
    Once someone has guessed your picture, remove it from Photobucket as free accounts do have space limitations. 

Previous Thread Names
    Name That Screencap #1 - Hiatus Fun!
    Name That Screencap #2 - The True Test of GG Obsession

Let the games begin! Cheesy

« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 01:56:31 pm by Heidi » Logged

(cause they're all important)

As Always:
    equestrian is a sport
    the4thlorelai
    Town Resident

Community Points: 4

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 04:49:42 pm »

Wasn't that when Lorelai got the call that Trix died? (The Reining Lorelai, 4.16)

~*Lisa*~
    .:JavaJunkie:.:Literati:.:Spree:.:Noddie:.
    ~*Sat and forever am at work here*~
    Claire
    Town Resident

Community Points: 14

Formerly of the cbear.ca variety

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 07:58:49 pm »

Wasn't that when Lorelai got the call that Trix died? (The Reining Lorelai, 4.16)

You'd be correct!

My turn:

Claire |Clachellina|

Lit/4Cl/Gang Banger/Vendelis/JJ
    Now I am up in arms again
    Jaredloverforever
    Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 70

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 08:05:56 pm »

Isn't that from the episode when Mrs. Kim comes running up to him screaming at Zack about the band and about his and Lane's relationship. I'm blanking on the episode title though,
    Claire
    Town Resident

Community Points: 14

Formerly of the cbear.ca variety

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 08:07:27 pm »

Isn't that from the episode when Mrs. Kim comes running up to him screaming at Zack about the band and about his and Lane's relationship. I'm blanking on the episode title though,

Yeah. It's called The Party's Over. Smiley

Claire |Clachellina|

Lit/4Cl/Gang Banger/Vendelis/JJ
    Now I am up in arms again
    Michelle
    Town Resident

Community Points: 20

Known in my newbie days as rorynjess4ever.

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 08:31:01 pm »

I <3 this game. Smiley

(Aw, happy times.)

Michelle (Clachellina!)

4CL. Gang Bangers. SEAMCftSoR. Lit/JJ Mafia.

"Am I throwing you with these refrences?"
    Not a chance, bitch.
    Gilmore_Lover
    Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 09:20:45 pm »

oo, ooo, i know! I know!! That's the one when they are looking at the dragonfly inn (well the soon to be) cause it is still all abandoned and messed up

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
    Morada
    Town Resident

Community Points: 15

VA Beach, VA

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 10:21:23 am »

I was going to start the thread up again when I had time tonight.  Ooops. Wink  Better late then never.  Here's the starter thread from the original post I made.

Welcome to the Name That Screencap Thread!

Every once in a while you'll see a picture you don't immediately recognize and wonder where it came from.  (Of course this can be due to the fact someone threw it in Photoshop, cropped away the rest of the scene and enlarged it so all you saw were their pretty, pretty faces. Cheesy)

The object of this thread is to take advantage of those moments. While I don't actually believe it can be done (let's face it, there are some pretty obsessed "Gilmore Girls" fans in this forum who can tell you exactly what episode any given color flannel shirt was worn), it might make for a pleasant summer diversion while we wait for our favorite characters to return to life in the fall.

How to do it?

• Start with a picture you don't think people will recognize.  There are two ways to get pictures to stump people with.
      • Go to a web site with "Gilmore Girls" photographs on it such as Gilmoregirls.org or Canopus' Web Site and choose a photo to stump the fandom. 

• Capture a photo from your DVD set.  This is easy to do and does not require a special video card on Windows-based PCs.  (If you need instructions on how to do this, PM me and I'll send them to you.)  It DOES require you have a DVD ROM in your computer capable of playing the DVD. 
      • Save the photo to your hard drive.  Why?  Almost every picture online is already named with the episode number in it!!!  All someone has to do is look at the photo properties to guess where it came from and that would spoil the fun. :cry:  Rename the photo something generic like "Luke001" or "1001a."  (Hint: If you upload a photo to Photobucket, you don't need to change the photo name.  Simply uncheck the "Keep original picture names" box and Photobucket will rename the photo for you!)

• Register with a free photo service online that allows unrestricted viewing to your photo area (such as Photobucket).  Once you have registered for free storage space, upload your photo to the internet.  I recommend Photobucket because once you've uploaded the file, it will give you the address of the photo complete with BBCode so all you have to do is copy and paste it. 

• Put your photo in the thread by using the tags in the body of the post.  (Please, no spaces between the IMG tags and the URL of the image.)

• It's a good idea to write down the number you gave the photo and what episode it was from on a piece of paper just in case it takes people a while to figure out where it came from.
      • If you're really graphics saavy, feel free to drop your photo into a graphics program and crop the picture to make it more difficult to figure out where it came from.
      Once someone has guessed your picture, remove it from Photobucket as free accounts do have space limitations. 

Previous Thread Names
      Name That Screencap #1 - Hiatus Fun!
      Name That Screencap #2 - The True Test of GG Obsession

Let the games begin! Cheesy

« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 10:30:41 pm by Morada » Logged

It only takes one kiss...

to speak from the heart.
      MurphyFan595
      Diner Chef

View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 01:29:52 pm »

ok i just sorda copy and pasted because i'm not all that computer savy...so ya it didn't come out qute right

As Always:
      equestrian is a sport
      Kukalaka
      Inn Owner

Community Points: 349

~ Fanny ~

View Profile
      « Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 01:34:47 pm »

You can quote Morada's post and then enter the whole code (without the quote-tags) in your post.

~ Foodie ~ Teacher's Pet ~
      Survivor of the GG Drinking Game
      Merel
      Town Resident

Community Points: 4

*does a little dance*

View Profile
      « Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 02:36:18 pm »

Nice to have this thread back  Smiley

Apple down! (Forum's up!)
      Morada
      Town Resident

Community Points: 15

VA Beach, VA

View Profile WWW
      « Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 10:34:27 pm »

You can quote Morada's post and then enter the whole code (without the quote-tags) in your post. 
      Yup, Kukalaka is right. 
      - Click on the quote button on my post, highlight all the BBCode BELOW the [ hr ] code and paste it into notepad.
      - Click on the back button on your browser to go back to the thread.
      - Click on the "modify" button on your original post.
      - Delete all the text that came out plain with the instructions.
      - Paste the BBCode from my post in.  (Or copy it from the notepad if you've lost it somehow.)
      - Preview to make sure it all came out, then save.  Smiley

It will be fine...then I can erase it out of my response and it will stay at the top of the thread.

It only takes one kiss...

to speak from the heart.
      MurphyFan595
      Diner Chef

View Profile
      « Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 02:07:55 pm »

thanks  Grin

As Always:
      equestrian is a sport