GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 22, 2021, 01:39:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How did you start watching GG?
It's tuesday night. There's nothing good on TV. Suddenly you see GG and you like it. - 56 (26.5%)
A friend of you told you about it. - 54 (25.6%)
You've watched it since the first epiosde. - 50 (23.7%)
[option added on 8/6/06] You got hooked after you saw a comercial - 2 (0.9%)
[option added on 8/6/06] Other (please specify) - 49 (23.2%)
Total Voters: 208

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you start watching GG?  (Read 100672 times)
Lukes_Pie_Cook
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 25, 2008, 09:43:31 am »

I started watching GG when I was sitting on my couch with the wife she just happened to turn on the show. I couldn't understand the fast paced dialogue anything about it in fact I said, ehh stupid girl show. Well fast forward. One day I was home just flipping and I caught the beginning of the episode Dear Emily and Richard. I watched it, loved it, and became addicted to it. Now the proud owner of 6 GG box sets, 2 Stars Hollow sweatshirts, 1 Dragonfly Inn Coffee Mug, 3 flannels with a matching blue hat that I wear backwards, and my license plate when its time to renew in a month will say LORFAN 1.

"Lorelai, this thing we're doing here me, you I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in."
        - Luke to Lorelai
Sarah87
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 06, 2008, 02:13:19 am »

:Smiley I watched it when it first aired in Australia in 2000 or 2001 when I was 13/14 & was instantly hooked! That's why I was so saddened when it was axed - I grew up & became an adult with it, & it's awesome how you can totally relate to the Lorelai/Emily relationship & Rory's feelings & experiences! and it has the best sense of humour! Amy sherman-Palladino is genius! I was so excited when I got to uni & it came out on dvd in australia - i got to watch so many new episodes & old ones i had never seen before. Now i've seen every episode countless times, I don't know what it is about it, it just captures my heart! hahaha  Tongue Grin
Sarah87
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 06, 2008, 02:15:01 am »

I started watching GG when I was sitting on my couch with the wife she just happened to turn on the show. I couldn't understand the fast paced dialogue anything about it in fact I said, ehh stupid girl show. Well fast forward. One day I was home just flipping and I caught the beginning of the episode Dear Emily and Richard. I watched it, loved it, and became addicted to it. Now the proud owner of 6 GG box sets, 2 Stars Hollow sweatshirts, 1 Dragonfly Inn Coffee Mug, 3 flannels with a matching blue hat that I wear backwards, and my license plate when its time to renew in a month will say LORFAN 1.

Oh, I love your story! I wish I had souvenirs like you!
AzurePlatina
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 08, 2008, 05:09:04 pm »

I walked on in one of my friends watching the episode where Tristan goes out with Paris (curse you faulty memory for episode titles) and it was the class room scene just before Tristan and Rory talked about their kiss being nothing.  I got quickly interested and borrowed the first series box set from her.  After that, I was hooked, lined and sinkered. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 01:28:34 pm by AzurePlatina » Logged
Lukes_Pie_Cook
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2008, 04:14:53 am »

I got my plates in so if anyone see's my silver Interpid driving around with the personalized plates LORFAN 1 1 its me...Yeah I am so happy...I already got my friends asking me what the heck it stands for.

"Lorelai, this thing we're doing here me, you I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in."
        - Luke to Lorelai
ErinG
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 16, 2008, 02:58:31 pm »

I hate to say that I did not watch Gilmore Girls since the first season. My cousin told me that I should watch it, I tried watching an episode and I didn't like it. It was only because I had no idea what was going on. Then I tried watching it again and of course i fell in love. I didn't go to school for a year and GG was my life. 

Lanai
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2008, 08:49:06 pm »

I started watching the reruns. And then found it on Tuesdays. Was hooked. I now own the whole series.  Grin
bensgirl
Town Resident

Community Points: 18

Colin, you forgot you milkmaid

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2008, 06:42:09 pm »

the first time i ever saw it was when it was on ABC family. i think i caught it from the first episode. which is probaby the only reason i turned it on. i hate when you start a show from the middle of a season and you dont know the caracters or their backgrounds.

"When I stepped out into the bright sunlight..."
Lukes_Pie_Cook
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2008, 07:47:22 am »

Thats how I started...in the middle of Season 3 episode 13..yes it took me awile to catch up but I am so glad I did. I am a Gilmore addict. I just recently added to my collection of Gilmore stuff I now own a black t-shirt that has in green lettering  TEAM LORELAI and a hoodie that has I speak Gilmore on it. First day I wore my Team Lorelai shirt my wife asked me..You are not actually going to wear that out are you?? Sure enough someone came up to me and asked if I seen the 10 o'clock episode where Rory kisses Dean for the 1st time. I love it. Gilmore 4 ever...should have got that on my license plate..lol.

- Luke to Lorelai
KatchaStar
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 07, 2008, 11:26:54 am »

I started watching in the middle of season 4 when I no longer could escape it on E4 in the UK, since it was being shown back to back on Saturdays. I then realised it was being shown on weekdays and I got hooked. I'm planning to get some of the box sets now

Jess: I like this place.
Rory: Wow. A place in Stars Hollow you actually like.
Jess: And it has so many memories... see over there?
[points]
Jess: That's where Luke pushed me in.
Lake
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 07, 2008, 05:07:12 pm »

I bought my sister Season 1 on dvd last Christmas but ended up watching it myself! Got hooked and went out to buy Season 2 straight after. Still haven't seen most of 5, 6 and 7 but have seen most overall including the last few. I'm working on seeing everything before Christmas which will be the entire show in a year.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
  Print  

Jump to: