GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 29, 2021, 07:32:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How did you start watching GG?
It's tuesday night. There's nothing good on TV. Suddenly you see GG and you like it. - 56 (26.5%)
A friend of you told you about it. - 54 (25.6%)
You've watched it since the first epiosde. - 50 (23.7%)
[option added on 8/6/06] You got hooked after you saw a comercial - 2 (0.9%)
[option added on 8/6/06] Other (please specify) - 49 (23.2%)
Total Voters: 208

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you start watching GG?  (Read 104938 times)
Lorein_ARG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 09:04:55 am »

i first saw the "sleeping with the zucchini" scene (at the end of Season four) in the morning reruns and never quit watching old and new episodes when I have the chance (meaning: I get to my parent's or boyfriend's house that have cable and Warner Channel)

Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing.
I~LUV~LUKE
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 09:14:58 am »

My husband and I had just moved into our new condo and the cable company wasn't coming for TWO weeks to set up our cable. So in the mean time, I started watching all of my DVD's and I came across GG seasons 1 and 2 that I had bought the previous year (I had never seent the show before but they were on sale and they looked really good Tongue) I popped them in the DVD player and ever since then I have been addicted. This was in the beginning of October 2005, and I am currentley on season 5 episode 10. I love this show. Smiley

steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 01:29:03 pm »

I heard about GG by none of the above. I was bored about four years ago then I turned to the only decent show on... GG and I really liked it. That's how I heard about GG. Ever since then i've been mentally attached to GG. I am so thankful I was bored that day or I would'nt have heard of GG...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 01:30:04 pm by steph_ » Logged

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
*Gilmore Girl*
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 166

Life is short so talk fast!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2006, 01:33:27 pm »

I was bored so I was flipping through the channels and as usual nothing was on.Now I never heard of gg,but I was flipping then I stopped when gg is on and I started to watch it then I became hooked.

Actually,I became a fan of the show when they started having gg saturdays on abc family.

Lorelai: "Oh, I love it when I talk and no one listens. Makes me think of home."

Sookie: "What  happens if you eat 13 blueberries? Would you die?"
gossipgirl
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2006, 04:52:23 pm »

i heard about gg by a friend. shes a GG nut and she reccomended it to me.
Magster
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2006, 05:11:21 pm »

A friend of mine wanted me to see Lauren without a huge smile like she has in all the pictures, so she told me to watch GG and I got hooked.

Lorelai: Ethics?
Rory: Highly subjective and completely overrated.
Lorelai: That's my girl!

Java Junkie ~ Literati ~ SAEMCftSoR
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2006, 05:40:37 pm »

I found out the same way as *gilmore girl*

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
Laaaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 50

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2006, 06:21:06 pm »

By a relative. My mom was renting TV shows from Netflix, and she got the first season of Gilmore Girls and I sat down to watch it with her and I was instantly hooked. Then we rented all the other seasons after that.

I remember I used to watch One Tree Hill every Tuesday, and I would always catch the very end of Gilmore Girls and could never get what it was about. I thought they were sisters who were always fighting over guys or something. lol.

iluvlauren7
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2006, 06:27:24 pm »

I overheard some of my friends talking about it and it sounded interesting.  I found the re-runs on ABC Family, and now every day at 5:00 I'm hooked to the tv.  Then I started watching the new episodes on the WB and the rest was history.
Shania
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2006, 08:24:03 pm »

i started watching it when the WB was airing the shows earlier episodes on sunday night. it was something to do before charmed or angel came on.
it took me a few episodes but i soon became hooked and couldn't wait to catch up on the show.  Grin

skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2006, 08:33:37 pm »

I was just changing channels one Tuesday night because I was bored and GG was just coming on, so I watched it.  I've watched it ever since.

Sharon

seacloud49
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2006, 10:13:48 am »

I had always thought Gilmore Girls was kind of stupid, having seen only snippets of it every once in a while, but one day I watched an entire episode out of boredom and loved it. Grin

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -- E.M. Forster
Phoenix
Town Resident

Community Points: 30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2006, 11:10:03 am »

I was bored and flipping channels.  It looked interesting so I watched it.

Get Firefox 1.5
Happily a spree.
vanessac1590
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2006, 12:39:07 pm »

Well, I always knew it was on but I never took an interst Sad sad thing really. then i saw a tv commercial and it was really captivated me... so i rented the season 1 dvd from my bf- lauren and i am hooked!!! what do u think is the most effective way to be captivated to watch the show??? i think its an interesitng tv commercial
unionroxs
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Thank God for Tuesday Nights!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2006, 04:35:28 pm »

I always heard about the show but never really watched it until i was flipping through the channels and started watching it and after 1 show i was hooked!!! Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: