GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 22, 2021, 01:14:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How did you start watching GG?
It's tuesday night. There's nothing good on TV. Suddenly you see GG and you like it. - 56 (26.5%)
A friend of you told you about it. - 54 (25.6%)
You've watched it since the first epiosde. - 50 (23.7%)
[option added on 8/6/06] You got hooked after you saw a comercial - 2 (0.9%)
[option added on 8/6/06] Other (please specify) - 49 (23.2%)
Total Voters: 208

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you start watching GG?  (Read 102341 times)
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« on: January 02, 2006, 09:43:41 am »

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
Magster
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 10:53:12 am »

A friend of mine told me about it. We were casting some books in our heads, and she was trying to sell me on Lauren Graham for a part, but all the pictures on the 'Net weren't quite what we wanted, so she told me to watch Gilmore Girls. And, BTW, she did sell me on Lauren for that character. Tongue

Lorelai: Ethics?
Rory: Highly subjective and completely overrated.
Lorelai: That's my girl!

Java Junkie ~ Literati ~ SAEMCftSoR
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 02:52:50 pm »

I honestly don't remember...I guess I was flipping through the channels one night and saw GG and got hooked!! Smiley

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

Laaaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 50

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 03:21:37 pm »

Mine would be 'other'.

My mom was renting tv shows from Netflix. She first rented "American Dreams" and we watched that together, and then she rented Gilmore Girls afterwards, and we started watching that, and I totally fell in love with the show.

Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 10:39:11 pm »

I actually started watching the reruns on ABC Family, after school one day and got hooked! It took me about a year to realize that there were new episodes once a week--and then, well, my being on this site speaks for itself. Tongue

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
knitnpurl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 11:07:25 pm »

A DJ on one of the radio stations I listen to mentioned that he was a big fan. I started to watch one Tuesday night, but I didn't know what was going on so I didn't tune in again. Well then I found it on the Family Channel, and am now caught up.

I haven't seen all of season 2, or any of 3 yet, but the episode synopsis are excellent, so I'm pretty current.
ForeverLorelai
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

<3 I Love Gilmore Girls <3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 12:10:46 am »

My Friend told me about and i flipped thru and found watched it and didnt like it at first so i thought would watch it again on a tuesday night and totally got hooked last yr Wink Tongue

Crazy_Lil_Gilmore_Girls_Fan
Alliansa
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 81

British and Proud :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 07:57:14 am »

I've been watching since the first episode showed on Nick. It looked like a good show, and now I'm still addicted to it.

I'm not unorganised. I suffer from anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Lauren/Lorelai fan forever. Luke now sucks in my eyes :p.
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 09:48:05 am »

I didn't watch until probably half way through the first season.  This was when it was still opposite of Friends.  And, I didn't want to watch the show.  Gilmore Girls?  Sounded like a show about blonde bimbo twins.  (Not that all blondes or twins are bimbos).  And, then one day Friends was a rerun and I flipped through the channels and landed on the show.  It wasn't what I had expected and I got hooked.  Soon I dropped Friends from my tv shows.  Then GG moved to tuesdays and I moved with it, and that's the end of the tale.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
eqd
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 03:30:56 pm »

I am a role-player and had been looking for actors to use for my NPC's to look like as visual aids. Going from person to person & place to place, I ended up using Kirk, Jess, Dean and Paris for NPC's (still can't believe I didn't use the girls). I saw this show and a couple of others make it into the list often and GG intrigued me. Admittedly Everwood kind of did but I only made it a few minutes through the pilot. Gilmore Girls on the other hand had me thinking "Is this a really good show or just me?" So I saw a few more. Then, it had me.

My father's the only interesting indoctrinee of mine (and there have been a few). I kind of manipulated things, but he had not even heard of it before. My brother was already hooked and I had the first disc of season one in my dvd player as a 'coincidence' when taking it round to my dad's. When I turned it on they started asking what GG was. My brother was reluctant as my dad's an evil cynic, which might kill the show for both of us, but he's just as much of an addict as the both of us.

And not just because of Lorelai, although she was the clincher for all three of us.  Wink

Charlie E/N

>?
*a_milo_fan*
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

Oi, with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 06:25:09 pm »

I was looking for something to take check out from the local library, and the DVDs' season one caught my eye so I figured I would give it a try...fortunately, I have been addicted since!

RORY: No. You wanted to talk, so talk. What do you have to say to me?
[Jess pauses a second.]
JESS: I love you.

dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 07:08:31 pm »

It was on a weekend and it was just me and my mom and we were flipping through the channels and there was nothing on and on ABC Family they were having an all day marathon and so we started watching it and I totaly fell in love. I have been watching it ever since.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
GGs_Addict
Town Resident

Community Points: 44

Hi !

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 07:49:24 pm »

I began watching this GG's after watching Sweet November on one of the movie channels a few years ago and remembered Lauren Graham (Keanu's girlfriend) was in a tv show, so I looked her up on imdb.com and thought this show looked interesting.  Well at the time, I forgot about it for a few weeks until they started promoting it on the ABC Family channel and then I found myself watching it everyday after work. I've now got my husband addicted also Cheesy

Gilmore Girls Are Awesome!
Are you a Newbie? Follow me here to introduce yourself Grin
http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=1384.0
ILoveLorelai
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 08:29:59 am »

Over a Christmas break my mother told me that I had to watch this show with her.  She had just watched the first part of the Christmas episode and told me that I would love this show.  I started watching and got hooked.

"Would you like a fry with your evilness?
meg-pie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 08:59:18 am »

I honestly don't remember...I guess I was flipping through the channels one night and saw GG and got hooked!! Smiley

I'm the same I didn't start with the first episode but once I started I couldn't miss one.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: