GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 12:02:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How did you start watching GG?
It's tuesday night. There's nothing good on TV. Suddenly you see GG and you like it. - 56 (26.5%)
A friend of you told you about it. - 54 (25.6%)
You've watched it since the first epiosde. - 50 (23.7%)
[option added on 8/6/06] You got hooked after you saw a comercial - 2 (0.9%)
[option added on 8/6/06] Other (please specify) - 49 (23.2%)
Total Voters: 208

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you start watching GG?  (Read 105055 times)
ElyGirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2006, 01:37:21 pm »

During college I was rarely home on Tuesday nights. Anyway, I was at my computer doing a research paper when the silence of my house drove me insane. I turned on the tv and "surfed" onto our beloved show. I heard great things about the cast/script so I was interested in at least listening to the show while doing my work.

It was the episode, season 2 I believe, with the PUFFS. I turned the tv on at 8:00 and when the PUFF plot-line came about, I was so into it that I stopped my work. I was an active sorority member at my school so I thought the take on a secret society in prep. school was so cute. My Mom was a member of one at her boarding school.

Since that fateful night, I've been addicted; hey, it's better than smokin' crack..haha!

xoxo,
Julie

Bulldog! Bulldog! BOW, WOW, WOW!
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2006, 04:53:59 pm »

Okay so I have always liked it, but for a couple of years I had CED on the same night at the same time as it was on. And then my sister went to study abroad in Italy for 6 months and I missed her. So when she got back it happened that my CED class changed to Sunday because I graduated from elementary so we started watching it together and I have been in love with it even since.

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
GGFan13
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

Java Junkies

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2006, 03:16:28 pm »

I was flipping through the channels and watched it on ABC FAmily and than i bought the dvds and now watch it on tuesdays

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dfre333g
!!!!Everybody Please sign to help have the show picked up for a season 8!!!
write2amy
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 11

the wicked witch of the east

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2006, 03:37:01 pm »

a newspaper published an article on family tv shows
my mom and i started wachin a show on abc family (2.1)

Im amy
Im on facebook & myspace
I will b tracy
Im in drama
im co-co
i may not hav a good voice but i hav a good charecter voice

(y r u in here(girls dressing room)) b/c im jordan and im gay.
Lapis Lazuli
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2006, 03:45:02 pm »

I actually first read about the show in MOJO magazine, which is a pricey British music magazine (I bought the issue because they had an interesting article on a band I liked or something). Anyways, in it there was an article about this American show that mentioned music a lot and that must've appealed to them.

After that I think I watched one episode, but it didn't "hook" me I guess. I think it must've come on some time after a show I was in the habit of watching (possibly Smallville?), and I just started watching it because there was nothing else on. And now you know the rest of the story Wink
myOBSESSION4ever22
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 14

Tuesdays @ 8 is my only reason for living

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2006, 05:08:20 pm »

My older cousin told me about it and i have watched it ever since

I also have a question

How do u put pictures on ur posts? my username is myOBSESSION4ever22

hmmmmm lets see
HOCKEY PUCK RATTLE SNAKE MONKEY MONKEY UNDERPANTS
Insanekat
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 13

*insert gasp here*

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2006, 05:30:17 pm »

I just kind of started watching it one night and really liked it then was addicted ever since. Started watching mid second season but have all the DVDs now and watch them a lot lol.

Thank you sternen-nest for this wonderful sig!

OMFG
pickynikki91
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

i <3 Tuesdays

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2006, 06:59:59 pm »

first episode i saw was the middle of season 4 i think it was the Clamor and the Clangor, it was good and i just kept on watching it. o and dont let me forget buying all the seasons

Gilmore_LLover
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -3

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2006, 07:03:42 pm »

The very first episode i watched, was the one where Emily finds the dog, and i thought itwas really stupid, but a couple months later, my bff(who is totally obsessed) lent me season one (I borrowed it, cause everyone was always talking about it) and there you go, today i am probably more obsessed with GG than my friend!

"Those jeans are really working for you. They're working for me, too... That's all I can do right now. People are watching. But tonight I will give you my extremely positive views on other aspects of your being." Luke

LORELAI: "Tom, I'm lovin' you like a two dollar whore"
TOM: "Terrific..."
Alara
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2006, 07:56:53 pm »

i started watching it during the summer because i was watching abc family and i had nothing else to do, the first episdoe i REMEMBER seeeing is the episode where jess comes back for rory i was like "whats going on?" and then i strted watching it from the first episode and then i bought all the seasons after that because i fell in luv wit the show!

Gilmore22
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2006, 08:17:25 pm »

I started watching it when it first came on ABC Family. I saw a preview for it and I was like "That looks like a neat show" And I fell in love with it! Ive watched it ever since. I own seasons 4 and 5. Me and my friend talk about it at school all the time. I got her into it! haha

I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS!!!!!
gilmore_guy
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 55

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2006, 04:25:30 pm »

I actually started watching the reruns on ABC Family, after school one day and got hooked! It took me about a year to realize that there were new episodes once a week--and then, well, my being on this site speaks for itself. Tongue

Thats the exact way I started watching the show. Just one ordinary day after school, I went home and turned on ABC Family and saw it instantly I was hooked on the Phenominal Televison Progam that is Gilmore Girls!
Kitty
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2006, 06:47:47 pm »

I had heard of the show in passing on another board for a year or so.  Back a year ago, we signed onto Blockbuster online service and started watching TV shows.  I looked up Gilmore Girls just curious if it was any good and was blown away by it all.  We are all hooked in this house between my husband and my two teenage kids.  Reruns are never boring as we pick up different dialog we missed the first time or two...or three.  It was great watching this show one after another on DVD and really flying through it the first time.  Now that we are totally caught up through season 6, it feels so painstakingly slow LOL.

RORY: Mom?
LORELAI: Follow the Post-It's.
RORY: Does our life seem at all ridiculous to you?
calisota
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2006, 07:07:09 pm »

Here I am making my first post so please be kind.  Wink

Many years ago I was watching News Radio and during one show I suddenly sat up and thought 'who's the girl with the legs!?' I avidly watched the 4 episodes she was in and then thought nothing much more of it. A number of years later I was channel surfing and saw what I thought must be the same girl, who was of course the delectible Lauren Graham. I started watching it for her and got hooked on the show for the show itself. I've been watching ever since (and still keeping an eye out for those legs  Grin )

Greg

ggfan_est2002
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2006, 07:17:29 pm »

I was in the library one day, and there was the new issue of seventeen magazine (which I don't usually read......) And alexis and lauren were on the cover (the ones with the cowboy hats), and I vaguely heard of the show, so I read the article, and it sounded like a good show.....and so I started watching.....well actually my mom controls the tv, and she didn't wanna watch it so I had to have a friend tape it for me every week.  By that time I think they were already starting second or third season.  But then the WB started airing Gilmore Girls beginings, so I sorta got caught up.  Now even though I am hardly ever home to watch tv, I buy the seasons on dvd as soon as they come out.  I am so grateful for this site cuz of the spoilers..... Grin

"Cherish is the word i use to descriiiibe......bong bong, bong bong........." --Brad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: